What's new

Class VI and OTV in 6 years?

LongTimeGone

Silver Meritorious Patron
Again, thank you for your messages of welcome.
Just a couple of points in this post.
Zinjifar’s link is to what appears to be my first draft of the essay and AnonyMary’s link at www.xenu.net looks like the final version.
This Is NOT OK asks how I reached Class VI and OTV in 6 years so a quick explanation of that. I actually wrote about my experiences on the web, which I think was called “a trip across the bridge to total freedom – Toll free”, but I can no longer find the text for that.
I read DMSMH, thought it made sense and eventually I joined as public in Brisbane in 1986. From memory I paid for the purif and levels training courses.
I was given a discount for the purif, which I thought was nice until I asked why no one was supervising the sauna. I was told that I hadn’t paid full price so I couldn’t expect the full service. I thought at the time that this would be like getting a discount when buying a car and then finding out that it didn’t include a steering wheel.
I had a reasonable job at the time and could spend five nights a week studying and made pretty good progress up to level IV auditor. Flubby of course.
I’m not exactly sure of dates but I guess it was about 1988 that Class VIII Harry Bloomberg (an absolute gentleman) visited Queensland with his ailing wife and audited me to clear. Shortly after that I went to Sydney and stayed with a nice couple while I audited myself through OTIII. In 1990, the company I worked for was downsizing and since I had been with them for a few years, my redundancy package was considerable; I was able to pay for OT IV and V. I was still interested in Scientology after this and having no real understanding of what was involved, I foolishly joined the SO at Glebe, Sydney AOSH.
Shortly after joining I was shunted off to Flag at Clearwater for further training. I spent 18 months there and it was a complete waste of time until the newly packaged St Hill Special Briefing Course was brought out. I finished that in good time, although that achievement and the many hours of auditing were never acknowledged.
It happened that the cult’s upper management attended the graduation ceremony - virtually the entire upper management. Lucky me!! I had a bit of a reputation for giving good speeches on graduation so I wasn’t concerned until someone insisted that I write out my speech so that they could vet it. Up until this point I had just winged it and enjoyed my couple of minutes in the limelight. Anyway I did this and then they called for a rehearsal – When my turn came I went up to the lecture dutifully with my written script, I think it was Senior C/S Int who demanded to know why I needed a written speech. And it just went down hill from there.
Come the night and I was called up as an SO member who had completed the SHSBC. At some point in my brilliant speech I said, “This course gives you all the background information…” Well, any of you who have had anything to do with the cult, would know that this is tantamount to stabbing LRH in the eye. So the next day I was stripped of my certificates and sent home – I had to pay for the flight home of course.
I lasted a few more months in Glebe but when a C/S said to me “You don’t like yourself do you?” Classic inval and eval, I decided that they could all get stuffed.
So in 1992, after 6 years I was no longer a Scientologist.

David

Feral

Rogue male
David, I remember your story, I also remember your wife. The senior C/S was Jeff Walker (Mr. anger issues) and after your speech where you got busted Martin Bently also got busted for joking (J&D) by saying that the internship was so tough he used to look like Tom Cruise. HAHA! He was demoted and thoroughly humiliated.

The irony is that now Mr. Walker is totally 'out' and back in NZ, Martin has dementia, so much for billion year contracts and OTEEs.

Arthur Dent

Welcome David,
Nice to know you didn't go back in to grovel after your exit.
Six years isn't too bad and seems well behind you now!
You have an interesting story.

Have you read many of the OT VII and VIII success stories? They virtually read all the same. The enforced conformity has gotten much worse since '92!

I used to dream up success stories I could say that somehow excluded the words RTC and COB, which are basically de rigueur, unless you want to subject yourself to probable further sec checking after your win! Fortunately I never got to try it out!

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
At some point in my brilliant speech I said, “This course gives you all the background information…” Well, any of you who have had anything to do with the cult, would know that this is tantamount to stabbing LRH in the eye.

:D

Great story LTG!

LongTimeGone

Carter's law came about through my experiences at work. I would find myself up to my ears in paperwork, battling through an overloaded in box. People would walk by and give me the most fantastic advice. Then move on without even considering an offer of help with the workload.
I have just read Ferals story. Wow. Thanks for that. Beautifully written and there is nothing wrong with your memory. Glad I got out before being dragged through the horrors and disappointment of OTVII. David.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hello David :welcome:

Glad to see you here and telling your story.:clap:

You're in good company - a lot of us have been throught the mill in ANZO and survived somehow.:thumbsup:

Love to see some more of story but with more details. :drama:

Feral

Rogue male
/Snip/

Have you read many of the OT VII and VIII success stories? They virtually read all the same. The enforced conformity has gotten much worse since '92!

I used to dream up success stories I could say that somehow excluded the words RTC and COB, which are basically de rigueur, unless you want to subject yourself to probable further sec checking after your win! Fortunately I never got to try it out!

Have you read mine on the link below?:coolwink:

LongTimeGone

Yes Feral, I did read it. Very nicely written. See post 3 up from here. My biggest regret is that I simply cannot recall the names of those who's company I enjoyed and there were a few. 18 months in Flag staying in the motel with 2 terrific guys. I can still see their faces but only the name Jim comes to me. I do remember one lovely Canadian lass but I won't mention her name as she may be still in the cult and wouldn't deserve a KR. I see on Google Earth, that the motel is still there but I simply cannot recognise the flag buildings. D.