authorities take an interest in CofS criminal activities

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
What are the chances that the FBI or IRS will finally take an interest in CofS criminal activities now that the media have gone into a feeding frenzy over phone tapping allegations ?

Elronius of Marcabia

Silver Meritorious Patron
Only court this goes to is the court of public opinion and
thats huge impact on the public that they have to draw their
newbies out of, starts the flames at div 6 and the flames be lickin
the ass of Div 1 where you know who sits Cocksucker of the Board :yes:

JustSheila

Crusader
The media storm needs to stir up even hotter, first.

Hot enough for attorneys to file three times as many lawsuits as the ones already filed. Hot enough for other attorneys to start supporting victims of COS fraud.

Hot enough that those legal wins look real, real good.

Hot enough that COS begins to be sued for false advertising and other areas and thousands more people want their piece of retribution and are willing to go to court for it.

Hot enough to justify a raid.

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
I voted "lip service", but there is one thing that could change that: if a prosecutor were to get it into her head that there is a way that the Cult's assets could be seized under RICO...

You have to weigh that financial incentive against how much fear there is that going after the Cult could be used to make the prosecutor look to be anti-religion in general.

DoneDeal

Patron Meritorious
I've said before in the past I'd rather the gov didn't take em down. I want it to happen due to them, us, me being fools.

:scnsucks::scnsucks::scnsucks:

In other words. No one coming in the door.

JustSheila

Crusader
I've said before in the past I'd rather the gov didn't take em down. I want it to happen due to them, us, me being fools.

:scnsucks::scnsucks::scnsucks:

In other words. No one coming in the door.

I don't want DM or any other of his supportive crim lawyers to go off with anything. I want them in jail.

Personally, I'm perfectly happy with the US and other governments taking the buildings and whatever else is left of COS' money and assets. COS owes at least that much from taxes it should have always paid, at the very least.

Before that happens, I hope heaps of people get their money from individual lawsuits.

Leland

Crusader
I was so mad at the Cult some months ago...I started researching on doing my own lawsuit against them.

My thoughts at the time was to sue them via US Department of Commerce Statutes .....false advertising...and bait and switch.

My thought at the time was to not list RTC or C of S or CST or any of the legal entities as Defendants.....

But rather to name as the sole Defendant.... "The Sea Org, an unincorporated fraternal organization."

Taking this approach, legally in a lawsuit against them IMO....would in effect address the problem world wide....with one suit.

Perhaps some RICO statutes would apply also....

Plus this way, David Miscavige would be directly affected under such a suit ....as the "head of the SO" not matter what "legal" corporate head/management/"ecclesiactical" bullshit....the Cult hides behind.

The SO as the single Defendant...would by-pass the quagmire of the Cult's legal structure...and affect ALL groups...from Narconon...Wise...the Cult....thwath....really any front group they have....as all money flows up....to the SO....and they could never deny that. Is is a MAFIA type group....that uses ENFORCEMENT methods to collect "their money..."

Just some of my thoughts...

Edited: If an individual was able to get such a suit started....My understanding is that the US Commerce Department could (be required by law to) step in and take it over...and prosecute it.....on their dime.....if it can be shown that the suit involves a certain threshold of monetary damages.....which a suit like this certainly would.

Last edited:

DoneDeal

Patron Meritorious
I don't want DM or any other of his supportive crim lawyers to go off with anything. I want them in jail.

Personally, I'm perfectly happy with the US and other governments taking the buildings and whatever else is left of COS' money and assets. COS owes at least that much from taxes it should have always paid, at the very least.

Before that happens, I hope heaps of people get their money from individual lawsuits.

I want dm to run off with it myself.

I got local diehards I want to feel like shit. Not get saved. I'm not in the saving business anymore. I know that's mean, I'm an asshole. I was a scn'ist. I know what they are.

I've seen some threads and posts on this site talking about "someone taking over". I know full well that's possible. There are one or two diehards in my town that would be happy to take over the stupid outfit and are damn good salespeople.

Don't you have people in your past that are still diehards and you want to see them lose this?

JustSheila

Crusader
I don't quite follow you, DoneDeal. Could you explain?

When COS closes its doors, they'll be walking out like they were in a daze.

There are some people left there who are ruthless. There are others there whom I still love. The one man I loved more than anyone in my life is still there. If I never see him again, I still hope he finds his way back to who he really is inside. Someday.

I want COS done. Gone. Over. Those that are left will find us or their families or the FZ groups. At least they'll have a choice.

DoneDeal

Patron Meritorious
I don't quite follow you, DoneDeal. Could you explain?

When COS closes its doors, they'll be walking out like they were in a daze.

There are some people left there who are ruthless. There are others there whom I still love. The one man I loved more than anyone in my life is still there. If I never see him again, I still hope he finds his way back to who he really is inside. Someday.

I want COS done. Gone. Over. Those that are left will find us or their families or the FZ groups. At least they'll have a choice.

I think you follow me. Last time I checked the scn outfit was staffed by people.

I'm sorry you still have ties. I don't myself.

JustSheila

Crusader
Well...

I know what it's like to be trapped on the RPF and for them to hold you hostage by holding your child.

Some are trapped. It has been frustrating trying to help those who are truly trapped (not just in the mind, but physically) out, but that doesn't mean that they wouldn't go elsewhere if they felt they had a choice and that doesn't mean I give up on them. It's probably different for those who didn't know some of these people personally for years. There are still some good people there who would not be Scns if they have a chance to be part of the outside world again.

I didn't say I have ties.

I said there are still people I care about and believe in, because I know them well enough to believe in them and I know how easy it was to give up Scn once I was no longer trapped. All I wanted was out. I'm sure there are people there who feel the same.

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
I seem to remember in the "War Is Over" event, David Miscavige bragging that the FBI had more files on him personally than any other person in history.

Of course that could be a lie but I wouldn't be surprised if it was tue and, if so, they still allowed the IRS to give tax exemption.

Personally, I wouldn't hold out hope for the FBI to do anything effective.