What's new

Clearwater Board Enforces Super Power Building Fine - $413,500

BC1

Patron with Honors
I was tired and cranky this morning until I read this. Now I'm happy as a clam...or should I say as happy as an ex-clam? I'm glad someone in Clearwater finally stoop up to the cult.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::clap::clap::clap::clap:

http://gawker.com/scientology/

scientology

scientology
By Seth Abramovitch Aug 24, 2011 10:45 PM
19,305 84
Heroic City Board Fines Church of Scientology $413,500, Just to Be Dicks

Each member of an "obscure board of volunteers" representing the city of Clearwater, Florida, has earned a gold star and pat on the back, as they have ruled that the Church of Scientology must cough up $413,500 in fines which they could have easily written off.

The fines have been accruing since 2006, $250 per day, as construction was delayed for years on their Super Power building — a city-sized behemoth of an intake center. The megascam eyesore was finally completed in June, 12 years after they broke ground, which is when the bill came due. The church asked for a 90 percent "good faith" reduction for their efforts in bringing the building to code.

That request went to the city's resident-led Code Enforcement Board, which has a record of leniency and decimating fines. But board members voted unanimously to keep the fines mostly untouched, saying the church had long ignored the rules.

"This board's order was not taken seriously," member Sheila Cole said. "That really bothers me."

You tell 'em, Sheila. [St. Petersburg Times, photo via NickSixers Flickr]

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Way to go Clearwater!

Hey, let's check the scoreboard!

OT's: (- $ 413,500)

WOGS: + $413,5000

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
All hands on call-in

Super-power building pre-opening cocktail for VIP
Huge release of the final step completion
The most theta place on the world is getting ready to deliver your way up to the bridge to total knowledge of total freedom for total eternity. :happydance:

Come to discover the most OT phenomenas and secret stories of Power building adventure

When: 26 august - 8h p.m.
Where : Backyard of the super power buidling - Clearwater

Ticket: 5,000$ only -
(include cofee and peanuts)
please get a reservation

This Theta event will change your life!

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
What better indication could there be of what's in store with "Super Powers" than the city lawyer describing the construction of its building as a "shell game"?