ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

$CN E-MAIL "SCAM"?

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by Tigger, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Tigger

Tigger Patron Meritorious

2. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

3. Iknowtoomuch

Iknowtoomuch Gold Meritorious Patron

"In the statement, church spokeswoman Vicki Dunstan says the church is completely non-political in nature and does not provide any donations to any party or political campaign."

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Did anyone think that the "church" of Scientology could have given the money to a member to then donate.:whistling:

4. skydog

skydog Patron Meritorious

David Miscavige sucks

I think this quoted portion of the article is interesting:

"NANCE HAXTON: Nick Bolkus says he is considering taking legal action over the accusations that he was somehow involved in payments from the Church of Scientology to the Labor Party.

NICK BOLKUS: The invoices are not ours; the whole lot of aspects of these emails are not Labor. This is the sort of sting that a mug would fall for, so my lawyers are very keen to look at this and the Opposition leader will be getting a letter from them.

Look, the only time I had any contact with the Church of Scientology from my memory was when I was a member of the Senate and I used to harass them on social issues."

From what I can tell, it looks like the whole thing was some sort of scam designed to embarrass an elected official. The emails were fake and it backfired. There is nothing to suggest that the Co$ had any involvement in this and will no doubt use this as a further opportunity to play the 'victim' card. Nick Bolkus seems to be suggesting he is being fair gamed. He says he harassed the church when he was in the senate. If true, there should be a record of it.