What's new

CNN Anderson Cooper Scn program!

Wisened One

Crusader
We should do our OWN show and put it on the interweb. We could sit under the cherry blossoms and talk to all the exes we know. "The FCDC dist sec shoved me against the soda machine when I asked him for his stats." True story, that.

Then get Larry or Anderson or Craig Ferguson to cover our show. We'd get hits up the wazoo. Figure out a micropayment scheme and retire young(er).

Count me IN on that WHEN we do one, k? :D

Smilla

Ordinary Human
Is part 3 on this evening? I'm not good with the International time zones :ohmy: It's about 1,30am here, 1st of April :omg:

lkwdblds

Crusader
Can you refresh my mind where my Einstein article is?

I'm rather off topic however I want to tell you that I just read your "Albert Einstein in the Sea Org" post.

Excellent work on that one.

Now if you would appease me by chance, do you have any more stories written out here like that one? If so please direct me to them.

Have a great day.

Rd00

Rene, the guy posting before you was Pascal, another great mathematician. I hope someone on ESMB is named Pierre du Fermat, he was the greatest non professional mathematician in number theory, living about when you lived from 1600 to 1660 in France. He worked professionally as a juror. I am sure you two knew each other in the old days.

Can you refresh me as to where my Einstein story was told, was it on my Apollo 1973 thread? I know I stated that he would be misposted to some flunky job like licking stamps and putting them on outgoing mail and you can be sure he would have been RPFed in no time. I know the theme is not using the talents of top minds who come through the Sea Org or non Sea Org staffs. Had Hubbard utilized the best minds coming onto staff in doing the things they were really good at, Scientology may well have reached the lofty aims set by Hubbard. Certainly, the number of brilliant people passing through the Orgs and joining staffs was absolutely astounding. The good ones were RPFed and the robotic ones and young teen agers were venerated. Was that any way to run a Navy? What a waste of manpower.

If I go back and revisit the Einstein Story, then I will know if I wrote any similar stories. I am no Einstein but I am pretty smart and instead of using me in what I am good at on the Apollo, they posted me to make phone calls all day long on the phone in Portugal, calling around to get price quotes on things such as teakwood and fire extinguishers. This sounds like underutilization of talent until you find out that I spoke not even one word of Portugese and that makes it lunacy. My next job there was to write Evals using the Data Series at the International Executive Level but there again I had not done the Data Evaluator's Course and my post did not come with any sort of hat write up. Needless to say that I failed on both post assignments and was EPF'ed.
Lakey

I didn't see any of the shows. But I just got off the phone with a true believer of the tech and dedicated to LRH. Although she has not been on lines and thinks management has ruined the Church.

She doesn't believe any of the stories about the abuse.

Amazing. It seems to me to be useless to try to convince, or even discuss, anything with a true believer.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I didn't see any of the shows. But I just got off the phone with a true believer of the tech and dedicated to LRH. Although she has not been on lines and thinks management has ruined the Church.

She doesn't believe any of the stories about the abuse.

Amazing. It seems to me to be useless to try to convince, or even discuss, anything with a true believer.

The Anabaptist Jacques

In some cases I believe it would help if more information was given about the Ex'es, what their positions were, what they did, ect. For me it helps to establish credibility when you see that Amy was on WDC for many years, Jeff was instrumental in the success of the Dianetics marketing campaign in the 80's where it owned the bestseller lists, ect, ect. Same with the others. They were not your normal garden-variety scientologists at all but rather in some really key positions.
The shows certainly won't convince everyone who watches them, but I bet any family and friends of scientologists that work in management are pretty concerned after watching.

Wisened One

Crusader
Hey all: Is this all airing live?

And....did I hear Mr. Cooper correctly in that he said that DM HIMSELF was gonna be on the show either tomorrow or Friday? :omg: (And btw, noted his-I think incorrect-fact that last time DM had granted a TV interview was in 1998...wasn't it more like 1993 or so? :unsure:)

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
HI all :)

Question: Is the link posted here, re "live"....tonight's live show, the 3rd night?

Please let me know. Thanks :)

Tory/Magoo

freethinker

Sponsor
Although I have been disapointed in the overall coverage, tonight there was massive reprieve by Anderson Cooper.

While questioning TD on why the authorities were never called or charges filed against Rathbun, TD said they wanted to handle the matter internally and it was quickly dealt with once DM found out.

Anderson pointed out that these beatings took place over three to four years and yet no one called the authorities or filed charges, unless, it really was the leader of the church doing the beatings in which case it would completely make sense why the authorities were never called and no charges filed.

That was the perfect response and made complete sense and was the correct deduction to make from what was presented by the church as the truth.:thumbsup:

Norman and Gillhaume were tripping all over themselves when asked the same question,"Why didn't you call your leader and inform him of what was going on?" They couldn't give a logical reason.:confused2:

freethinker

Sponsor
Good point D6.

Two hours before the program tonight aired, AC was on live stating that they have received an uprecedented volume of emails from airing the show.

I bet they are wishing they were giving it more coverage but are probably thinking of covering the church again soon IMO.
The point here is not so much "new data" but EXPOSURE.

CNN and AC360 reach MILLIONS.

ESMB, WWP, XenuNet, etc - thousands.

This is several orders of magnitude higher in terms of EXPOSURE.

(I *knew* that Planetary Dissem course would come in handy one day...;) )

FoTi

Crusader
Part 3

This is the link for part 3.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2010/03/31/ac.pkg.scientology.part2.cnn

When this link comes up, the video for Part 2 will run and at the end of it, down at the bottom of the video screen, on the left, you will see a little picture to click on that says something about abuse. Click on that picture and the video for part 3 will come up and play. It appears and disappears, down at the bottom rather quickly, so you have to click on it fast before it's gone

mysterious

Hey all: Is this all airing live?

And....did I hear Mr. Cooper correctly in that he said that DM HIMSELF was gonna be on the show either tomorrow or Friday? :omg: (And btw, noted his-I think incorrect-fact that last time DM had granted a TV interview was in 1998...wasn't it more like 1993 or so? :unsure:)

I think he just repeated his statements inviting Miscavige to appear on the show, unless I misheard him?

And according to the DM wikipedia article:

"In 1998, Miscavige gave his sole newspaper interview to the St. Petersburg Times. Later that year, he appeared in an A&E Investigative Reports installment called "Inside Scientology" which aired in December."

Sound I think Cooper is correct.

KnightVision

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think he just repeated his statements inviting Miscavige to appear on the show, unless I misheard him?

And according to the DM wikipedia article:

"In 1998, Miscavige gave his sole newspaper interview to the St. Petersburg Times. Later that year, he appeared in an A&E Investigative Reports installment called "Inside Scientology" which aired in December."

Sound I think Cooper is correct.

Yes, that's true. The reason that DM has never again appeared to an interview is two fold;

1. Anything he says can (and most probably would) be used against him in a court of law. The man hands are covered in blood and he is probably one of the most hunted criminals in the world.

2. During and after the interview with Ted Koppel, DM looked and acted like a psycho cult commando. The buzz around certain 'INT' personnel was that he did a horrible job, that he gave every indication that he was both lying and looked like a psycho killer on steroids.

KnightVision

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yes, that's true. The reason that DM has never again appeared to an interview is two fold;

1. Anything he says can (and most probably would) be used against him in a court of law. The man hands are covered in blood and he is probably one of the most hunted criminals in the world.

2. During and after the interview with Ted Koppel, DM looked and acted like a psycho cult commando. The buzz around certain 'INT' personnel was that he did a horrible job, that he gave every indication that he was both lying and looked like a psycho killer on steroids.

Great Interview-!!

AC nails the mother puckers to the wall; Why was there never any charges pressed?? How can a person commit assault repeatedly and go unchecked legally?? Unless...... it was in fact DM that was at the root of it all and thus it would make sense that it would have been covered up!!!

How can a person commit assault repeatedly and go unchecked legally?? Unless...... it was in fact DM that was at the root of it all and thus it would make sense that it would have been covered up!!!

It's good. They are just making it obvious that they are liars and that there is a culture of violence in the sea org, which is condoned by upper management. And the conclusion that it must be coming from DM. Good job.

xseaorguk

Patron Meritorious
Tommy Davis

have you noticed that Tommy Davis' favourite beginning of a sentence is

"this is the thing..."

he also likes to say

"totally and utterly"

the other word he likes to use it

"disingenuous"

why doesn't he just use the word 'dishonest'

well, this is the thing...
Tommy is just a parrot and does not want to cowoberate with anybody
and his vocabulary is quite limited

Ted

Gold Meritorious Patron
Ouch!

Backed into a corner of their own lies. Getting the poop slapped out of them. And they are too stupid to realize they are not Cause, not In-Charge.
:dieslaughing: