What's new

CNN Anderson Cooper Scn program!

OHTEEATE

Silver Meritorious Patron
corroborate

I pointed that out to my wife, last night.Tommy needs to word clear corroborate. He sounds like Elmer Fudd when he tries to say it. He needs to use it in sentences until he has full conceptual understanding. It doesn't mean when 10 people leave and tell the same story, they must have gotten together and cooked up a conspiracy to "get" their former senior. That is the point where the audience doesn't buy it, and starts to go for the apostates as the credible witnesses, not the nut cases who still work 110 hours a week, and have to drill their responses so they sound like good little robots.

Ladybird

Silver Meritorious Patron
Disconnection Policy Thursday Night by Anderson Cooper on AC360

The church denies it. Exes can have their voices heard by telling your own disconnection or fair game story in the open comments to either of the following AC360 articles:

Tonight we look into what happens to members who decide to leave the Church of Scientology and speak out against it.

Anderson Cooper 360: Blog Archive - Morning Buzz: What happens to those who leave the Church? - Blogs from CNN.com

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2010/04/01/morning-buzz-what-happens-to-those-who-leave-the-church/

__________________________________________________ _______________

The church denies any disconnection policy exists. But Davis said no Scientologist would want to talk to someone who rejected their beliefs.

Anderson Cooper 360: Blog Archive - Church of Scientology says abuse claims handled internally - Blogs from CNN.com

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2010/03/31/church-of-scientology-says-abuse-claims-handled-internally/

chipgallo

Patron Meritorious
Thanks for the links, Ladybird. I have been reposting the URL for that streaming site where you can watch CNN live if you don't have cable or are in a different time zone.

I think this internet thing is catching on ...

Wisened One

Crusader
Great Interview-!!

AC nails the mother puckers to the wall; Why was there never any charges pressed?? How can a person commit assault repeatedly and go unchecked legally?? Unless...... it was in fact DM that was at the root of it all and thus it would make sense that it would have been covered up!!!

How can a person commit assault repeatedly and go unchecked legally?? Unless...... it was in fact DM that was at the root of it all and thus it would make sense that it would have been covered up!!!

EXACTLY!!! BINGO!!!!! :yes:

Wisened One

Crusader
I think he just repeated his statements inviting Miscavige to appear on the show, unless I misheard him?

And according to the DM wikipedia article:

"In 1998, Miscavige gave his sole newspaper interview to the St. Petersburg Times. Later that year, he appeared in an A&E Investigative Reports installment called "Inside Scientology" which aired in December."

Sound I think Cooper is correct.

Thank you, mysterious! :) I think I was thinking with the Ted Koppel interview on Nightline...and that was in 1992...but he
did indeed do another one in 1998...either didn't see it or don't remember it.

zorzetta

Patron
I'm not that impressed with the coverage thus far, but I just got the best phone call.

My dad, with whom I never talk about this kind of thing (he didn't even now that I am staunchly Anti-Scientology), just phoned me. After a while he asked: "So, have you caught this Scientology thing on CNN"?

I got so excited!

I asked: "Tell me your initial reactions, quick!"

Dad: "Something isn't right with those Scientology people."

We ended up having a great chat about it and when he learned that I keep up on the subject he had a lot of questions.

To summarize, he was very very curious as to why "Slappy" wouldn't come on the show. He also found it odd that ALL the marriages had ended in divorce. He pointed out: "the lawyer sitting there definitely didn't do them favors."

He also thought it was funny when Tommy Boy took out that "book" and read passages out of it to try and discredit people. (I guess that would seem funny to someone who knows nothing about Scientology.)

Anyway, thought I would share one reaction to the program from someone who knows practically nothing about the cult. I also thought it was interesting that it stuck enough in his mind to bring it up with me.....

AnonKat

Crusader
EpicNewsGuy.jpg

Mest Lover

Not Sea Org Qualified
have you noticed that Tommy Davis' favourite beginning of a sentence is

"this is the thing..."

he also likes to say

"totally and utterly"

the other word he likes to use it

"disingenuous"

why doesn't he just use the word 'dishonest'

well, this is the thing...
Tommy is just a parrot and does not want to cowoberate with anybody
and his vocabulary is quite limited

I don't have the time but an ANON poster or picture of DM or LRH with a mini head of davis as a shoulder parrot with pirate symbols and sea org symbols comes to my creative mind.

TARGET!

Gus

Patron with Honors
I can cowwobbawate what many here are saying. And from now on, on this board, I'm spelling it "cowwobbawate" in honor of Mr. Tommy Davis. I hereby humbly propose that it become the official spelling on ESMB. :)

I imagine more than a few choice nuggets will come out his appearances on AC-360 :) I think Anderson is doing a fine job just letting the Scientology side speak (very badly) for itself. The wives were especially strange.

Norman, and was that Gillaume? Anyway, they came across very badly, tripping over each other to attack the charges.

Anderson's nightly invitation to Little Hitler to be on the show is just delicious. The exes come across far better, to the normal person. This exposure is very, very, good.

Gus

KnightVision

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm not that impressed with the coverage thus far, but I just got the best phone call.

My dad, with whom I never talk about this kind of thing (he didn't even now that I am staunchly Anti-Scientology), just phoned me. After a while he asked: "So, have you caught this Scientology thing on CNN"?

I got so excited!

I asked: "Tell me your initial reactions, quick!"

Dad: "Something isn't right with those Scientology people."

We ended up having a great chat about it and when he learned that I keep up on the subject he had a lot of questions.

To summarize, he was very very curious as to why "Slappy" wouldn't come on the show. He also found it odd that ALL the marriages had ended in divorce. He pointed out: "the lawyer sitting there definitely didn't do them favors."

He also thought it was funny when Tommy Boy took out that "book" and read passages out of it to try and discredit people. (I guess that would seem funny to someone who knows nothing about Scientology.)

Anyway, thought I would share one reaction to the program from someone who knows practically nothing about the cult. I also thought it was interesting that it stuck enough in his mind to bring it up with me.....

It's great to hear that your kin has seen a bit of the truth that goes on in Scn management!

As far as your comment ''I'm not that impressed with the coverage thus far'.... perhaps you could give us a link to your pgm that has spread this news to millions of viewers this week, so that we could judge whether we are at all 'impressed' with your offering....:whistling:

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
about disconnection

I could swear I remember reading something about disconnection when I was in. . . it's been so long now, but isn't there something in the ethics book or something about handling a suppressive person that says you shouldn't have contact with them etc. . . . and of course the fair game policy. Why were these not referenced? Those things are written. I know that they were "cancelled" for PR reasons, but the fact that they were there at all is actually pretty damning.

-TL

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I could swear I remember reading something about disconnection when I was in. . . it's been so long now, but isn't there something in the ethics book or something about handling a suppressive person that says you shouldn't have contact with them etc. . . . and of course the fair game policy. Why were these not referenced? Those things are written. I know that they were "cancelled" for PR reasons, but the fact that they were there at all is actually pretty damning.

-TL

]Yes, it's called the SUPPRESSIVE ACTS PL, first published in 1965 by LRH, wherein he makes it a HIGH CRIME to remain connected to anyone who has been declared a SUPPRESSIVE PERSON by the Church of Scientology. Still in force, never cancelled, and applied every day by Tommy Davis, David Miscavige, and every single one of them up there on that show.

They are LYING.

Scientologists lying.

Imagine that.

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
]Yes, it's called the SUPPRESSIVE ACTS PL, first published in 1965 by LRH, wherein he makes it a HIGH CRIME to remain connected to anyone who has been declared a SUPPRESSIVE PERSON by the Church of Scientology. Still in force, never cancelled, and applied every day by Tommy Davis, David Miscavige, and every single one of them up there on that show.

They are LYING.

Scientologists lying.

Imagine that.

. . .and they do it so "convincingly" :eyeroll: Just look at all that intention. :blink:

Somebody needs to send that PL to Anderson Cooper then and ask Tommy about it on the air. I'm very surprised they didn't.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
. . .and they do it so "convincingly" :eyeroll: Just look at all that intention. :blink:

Somebody needs to send that PL to Anderson Cooper then and ask Tommy about it on the air. I'm very surprised they didn't.

I think he wanted to stay away from the beliefs of Scientologists, even though they are lying about their beliefs, and stick with the "who beat up whom?" question. And show how there is this cult that beats each other up, and with this going on - no matter who is lying - can they really be the road to enlightenment for anyone?

His programs have been extremely narrowly focused on that question, and for that reason he has unfortunately left out ALOT.

But, as has been said by others, I think Scientologists are now extremely entertaining for news shows to report on, and report on, and report on, because they look and act so frikking crazy. And people are starting to get the idea that it might be dangerous to have a bunch of pinheaded totalitarian fanatics running around in a free society.

It is like a freak show. :thumbsup:

Newsroom: "Our ratings are down. Who's got an idea?"

Newsguy: "I know! Let's get some Scientologists on the set! People love to watch those idiots make fools of themselves! They NEVER disappoint!"

Result: Ratings rise whenever you get Scientologists on camera.

Overall effect: Huge win for the exposure of the crimes and abuses of the Number 1 Cult in America!!