What's new

Colbert Report ~ "Going Clear" Lawrence Wright - the best coverage!

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is scathing - just spot on and hysterical!

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-co.../february-06-2013/scientology-church-violence

This is the best coverage I have seen.

When Colbert asked David Miscavige to respond to the book - he says he received a watermelon with a knife in it - with a post it stating "you" on the watermelon. He puts one on his desk...check out what he says to Scientology lawyers! LOVE IT!!

He makes fun of the Scientology Super Bowl ad - very well done - he uses the lingo -

He is one of my favorite journalist Es Pee out there - when it comes to the Church of Scientology and David Miscavige so far!!

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Re: BEST media coverage of Lawrence Wright's book 'Going Clear' - Colbern

Colbert's show was very good in itself and even better is that other media is reporting on the show: :biggrin:

Stephen Colbert Skewers Scientology in Interview With Going Clear Author ...
E! Online - ‎31 minutes ago‎
So it comes as no surprise Comedy Central's fake pundit had a little fun at Scientology's expense, especially in the wake of abuse allegations lodged by Pulitzer Prize winner Lawrence Wright, who appeared as a guest on The Colbert Report Wednesday night ...

Stephen Colbert grills Lawrence Wright with Scientology-speak
Los Angeles Times - ‎2 hours ago‎
Lawrence Wright, the author of "Going Clear: Scientology, Hollywood, and the Prison of Belief" appeared on "The Colbert Report" Thursday night to talk about his book. But before he could get there, Stephen Colbert bgean grilling the Pulitzer Prize winner ...

Stephen Colbert Mocks Scientology, Interviews 'Going Clear' Author
Hollywood Reporter - ‎11 hours ago‎
Comedy Central. Lawrence Wright, left, and Stephen Colbert. Stephen Colbert had some trepidation about welcoming to his show Lawrence Wright, author of the new book Going Clear: Scientology, Hollywood, and the Prison of Belief. our editor recommends ...

Must-see morning clip: Lawrence Wright talks Scientology on "The ...
Salon-3 hours ago
... Colbert Report” last night to discuss his controversial and revealing expose of Scientology: “Going Clear: Scientology, Hollywood, and the Prison of Belief.” ...

Moosejewels

Patron Meritorious
Not really long enough to get into the meat of the subject but that was a great line about LRH "dressing like Thurston Howell III". :biggrin:

Last edited:

Purple Rain

Crusader
Great Caesar's ghost! The Colbert video is blocked in Australia.

One thinly sliced watermelon to anyone with a workable link :coolwink:

There was a youtube link mentioned earlier in the thread. I love the error message!

colbert_zpsc3c5d84a.png

Two BRILLIANT guys! :thumbsup: Great interview! How cute is Larry's Texas accent, slightly disguised? :biggrin: "I had no idea you spoke the language!" LOL!

If Stephan Colbert's wife pre-deceases him, I will jump on that man like a duck on a June bug!!! :love2::happydance: So help me~! :yes: :omg:

Did the Aussies get to see it yet?

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is scathing - just spot on and hysterical!

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-co.../february-06-2013/scientology-church-violence

This is the best coverage I have seen.

When Colbert asked David Miscavige to respond to the book - he says he received a watermelon with a knife in it - with a post it stating "you" on the watermelon. He puts one on his desk...check out what he says to Scientology lawyers! LOVE IT!!

He makes fun of the Scientology Super Bowl ad - very well done - he uses the lingo -

He is one of my favorite journalist Es Pee out there - when it comes to the Church of Scientology and David Miscavige so far!![/QUOTE!
Awesome video of Colbert