ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Command Channels of Scientology

Discussion in 'Gold Base, Freewinds, and FLAG' started by Little Bear Victor, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Lynn Fountain Campbell

Lynn Fountain Campbell Silver Meritorious Patron

:yes: They've probably never had to convince themselves they're not seeing what they're actually seeing.

Lynn

2. nowout

nowout Patron with Honors

This is LBV's simplified version which is quite readable. All Int Base crew had to to do actual courses on the various Command Channels put in at different times with a pretty strict T/M for the study order. Hard to do if you're not getting a lot of sleep.

(Missing are CMO units for the Freewinds and CW.)

3. Alan

Alan Gold Meritorious Patron

LBV - thank you for this! :thumbsup:

4. Little Bear Victor

Little Bear Victor Silver Meritorious Patron

Is there anyone here who was in the FCB/FLO/ILO (or somewhere in the vicinity) in the past 5 years?
    I've been wondering what middle management has been told (or has 'dubbed in') as to what is going on at Int, since they used to get an enormous amount of traffic from Int and then it suddenly ceased. Was that thought of as 'implementation of the New Era of Management' or how was this explained? Has there been any idea or suspicion at the lower levels of management that something is not quite right at the top?

5. Little Bear Victor

Little Bear Victor Silver Meritorious Patron

Key to abbreviations

Since abbreviations may not be known to all readers, such as Anon or OSA (joke), below please find a key with short explanation as to what the function of the unit is supposed to be (which is not necessarily all that they actually do) if it is not clear from their title. Most descriptions have been brutally simplified.

COB: Chairman of the Board RTC, the top guy of all of Scientology
    RTC: Religious Technology Center, holder of the trademarks of Scientology, internal police organization and highest internal authority to keep the Church of Scientology working
    ASI: Author Services, Inc. LRH’s literary agent for his fiction works including movies
    CST: Church of Spiritual Technology, preservation of the tech in time capsules (A.K.A. Archives, LRH Library)
    IASA: International Association of Scientologists Administration, the membership org
    INCOMM: International Network for Computer Operated Management (something like that), computerization unit of the church
    INCOMM LA: Los Angeles unit of the same.
    AVC: Authorization, Verification and Correction. Authorizes management issues, publications, promotion, programs, ethics actions, etc.
    CMOI: Commodores Messenger Organization International. Would be the observation and enforcement arm of WDC (Watchdog Committee) if anyone was on post.
    WDC: Watchdog committee. Would be the committee in charge of expanding Scientology management and orgs if anyone was on post.
    LRH PPRO: L. Ron Hubbard Personal Public Relations Office.
    Snr C/S Int: Senior Case Supervisor International. Would be the senior technical terminal in the world if anyone was on post. Note: Inspector General for Tech exists on RTC org board who is the final authority on matters technical. Post is held from above by DM like virtually every other Inspector General post.
    SMI: Scientology Missions International. In charge of mission expansion.
    CC: Celebrity Center. For the rich, famous and well-donating.
    ABLE: Association for Better Living and Education. The umbrella fundraising organization for the social betterment corporations (Criminon, Narconon, Applied Scholastics, The Way to Happiness Foundation)
    Pubs: Publications organizations (Bridge Publications, New Era Publications and their subunits)
    OSA: Office of Special Affairs. The legal and PR arm of the church (what a downplay!)
    WISE: World Institute of Scientology Enterprises. Ethics arm to keep businesses from ripping off orgs.
    Gold: Golden Era Productions. The central dissemination organization for Dianetics and Scientology.
    CMO Gold: Commodores Messenger Organization for Golden Era Productions. Disbanded in 2006.
    HU: Household unit. Takes care of LRH property. Such as his house on the Int Base.
    RAV: L. Ron Hubbard Audiovisual unit. LRH’s personal AV unit.
    ESI: International Executive Strata, would be in charge of the “functions” of each org if there was someone on post (see each separate “Executive International” for functions)
    AVEI: Audio-Visual Executive International
    BEI: Books Executive International
    CIEI: Call-In Executive International. Call-in mainly refers to calling public in for events.
    DSIEI: Division Six Internal Executive International. Activating Scientology public.
    EEI: Establishment Executive International
    FEI: Fields Executive International. Scientology activities to get people into missions and orgs.
    GIEI: Gross Income Executive International. Make money.
    MatEI: Materials Executive International.
    MEI: Marketing Executive International
    MftgEI: Manufacturing Executive International. (Not per LRH policy, DM’s own invention.)
    QEI: Quality Executive International. In charge of quality of services rendered.
    SEI: Services Executive International.
    Dissem: Dissemination division. In case of Gold, really the manufacturing division.
    CMU: Central Marketing Unit. A.K.A. PDO (Planetary Dissemination Organization)
    R Comps: L. Ron Hubbard Book Compilations
    Cine: Does films and videos, first tech films (done) and now registration (sales) films and event visuals (and lots of events stuff in general)
    Audio: LRH lectures in all languages
    RTC Rep: RTC representative. Makes sure DM’s orders get executed (as does the rest of management).
    CCHR: Citizen Committee on Human Rights. Antipsych activities.
    CATS: Citizens for Alternative Tax System. Abolish Income Tax.
    YFHR: Youth for Human Rights. “See? We’re all for International Human Rights.”
    FFR: Flag Flag Representative. In charge of Flag Representatives around the world.
    Flag: 1. Another name for international management. 2. Flag Land Base, the home of the largest public service org in Tampa, Florida.
    Flag Representatives: Another network for making sure management programs get done.
    LRH Comm: L. Ron Hubbard Communicator. Another network for making sure management programs get done.
    Finance: A network for making sure the money goes upwards until it disappears.
    Snr HCO: Senior Hubbard Communications Office. Another network for making sure management programs get done.
    CMO IXU: Commodore’s Messenger Organization International Extension Unit. CMO Unit for Flag management level. Also does Int Clearance Sec Checks.
    ILO: International Management Liaison Office. Upper middle management. Coordinates and relays Int Management programs across the world (You would think unless you have been there…). A.K.A. FLO (Flag Liaison Office), FCB (Flag Command Bureaux).
    I HELP: International Hubbard Ecclesiastical League of Pastors. In charge of Volunteer Minister programs and activities and field (outside the org) auditors.
    FB: Flag Bureau. The central management execution bureau that executes (orders and tracks compliance to) management programs internationally, via continental units and directly in case of CC Int, Freewinds and Flag Service Org
    FW: S.M.V. Freewinds, the ship sailing the Caribbean. Only place where OT VIII is delivered.
    FSSO: Flag Ship Service Org. The org aboard the Freewinds. Note: FWSO on the chart should be FSSO.
    FWSO: Freewinds Service Org. Services the FSSO.
    FLB: Flag Land Base. The collective name for all Sea Org activities at Tampa, Florida.
    FSO: Flag Service Org. The Mecca of Scientology without a black stone. Delivers OT levels and a number Flag-only services such as the Introspection Rundown. The largest and most on-source service org in Scientology.
    FC: Flag Crew. Services the FSO.
    Int: International
    Cont: Continental
    CLO: Continental Liaison Office. The continental coordination and relay office for management programs.
    FOLO: Flag Operations Liaison Office. Continental junior organization to Flag Bureau.
    AO: Advanced Organization. A public service organization that delivers OT levels.
    SH: Saint Hill Organization. A public service organization that delivers the Saint Hill Special Briefing Course, the most extensive auditor training level in Scientology with some 350 taped LRH lectures on it.
    Cl V Org: Class V Organization. The designation for the most usual type of Scientology public service org. Class V refers to the level of auditor training available. Ideal Orgs are Class V orgs as are the less ideal ones.
    VMs: Volunteer ministers. Those people in yellow who would like to be thought of as the Red Cross.
    FSMs: Field staff members. “Field” means the area around an organization or mission that it should control. In concept, the field of a given org reaches halfway to the next nearest org so as to cover the entire planet.

6. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

LBV I think a thread of these abbreviations would be good just by itself for easy reference.
    Terrific!

7. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

This is great, LBV..Emma should make a sticky with a glossary and we can add to it..(INT would be a good one to add, for instance)

Wisened One

8. Colleen K. Peltomaa

Colleen K. Peltomaa Silver Meritorious Patron

You had me at vampiric :D

Anyone want to talk about morphogenetic fields (see Sheldrake)?

9. Colleen K. Peltomaa

I second that, bunny ears!

10. Colleen K. Peltomaa

That indicates, good one.

11. Colleen K. Peltomaa

I could be really cruel and print this out and give it to my hubbie to read.

12. Colleen K. Peltomaa

I think that was a joke, right? I just googled "hairball" and got pictures of hairballs, was that your point?

13. Div6

Div6 Crusader

Yes, and Stalinist Russia was the "pilot project" for this type of earthian organization (although similar ones were in use in both the Marcabian Empire and the Galactic Federation. The "RTC Reps" are the "political officers" with direct reports to the Dwarf.

There are some eerie parallels for those history buffs:

1. Stalin's wife died under less than clear circumstances (self-inflicted pistol shot). The official story was complications due to appendicitis.

2. Stalin called artists "the engineers of the soul" and cultivated them to serve his ideological ends. He then RPF'ed them (banished to Siberia) or had them shot when they went past their sell by date. Prokofiev was one that he wooed back to Mother Russia

3. Stalin had Lubyanka prison available to "reverse process" his dissidents.

4. From Lenin Stalin learned that "he who controls the ideology controls the masses." Thought crime was raised to new levels.

And there is more, but I think you get the idea.

14. PeterMan

PeterMan Patron with Honors

COB

Here's me question: Knowing PTS/SP stuff, to what Scientologist does it make sense to have this management org board with only one post at the top?

15. PeterMan

PeterMan Patron with Honors

bump. mock up ur best answer.

mine: they don't think about it.

16. Mest Lover

Mest Lover Not Sea Org Qualified

It was the best way to define their ponzi scheme.

17. Magoo

Magoo Gold Meritorious Patron

Thanks, LBV!

This Chart----I remember it well, and the first time I saw it was in the late 80's, I believe.

We were on course at AOLA. Prior to this Chart---Scientology was mainly a tech based organization, with a small amount of management, and Hubbard at the top.

For those unfamiliar with it, just think of a triangle.
    When I joined, 3/4 of the triangle had to somehow do with tech, if not
    90%.

Once this Chart came out, by "Dave", turn that triangle over.........and now that's the new C of $:
    Management (TOP)
    Management (middle)
    Management (minor middle)
    on and on
    finally at the bottom: bc, class 5 orgs a few missions.

It's never been the same, and it never will.

It took many of us years to FULLY GET
    THIS ****IS**** it.

If you're lurking: Keep reading! And come on OUT...it's just fine here :thumbsup:

Love to all,

Tory/Magoo

18. Jachs

Jachs Gold Meritorious Patron

Is Cobs Office the Chariot with 20 reins to the organisation?

All arrows point down to Hell when a dictator is in charge.

19. Ladybird

Ladybird Silver Meritorious Patron

People ask, "Why don't they quit?" and want a short, simple answer. Always, the trouble with convincing those outside the CoS and critic community is the supposed "freedom" of the members, staff, Sea Org and RPF inmates.

Ordinary people don't understand mind control, institutionalization, learned helplessness, coercion, threats of family disconnection, illegal billion-year contracts, legal threats, blackmail, fair game and genuine fear that other "OT" Scientologists can read minds or "kill with a thought."

They are "the broken pieces" in the game of Scientology vs. Mankind.

Hubbard set the game up so that those at the lower levels of scientology do NOT know about the scam. Most scientologists, including most Sea Org, are true believers, and just like at each level of the Bridge, a scientologist learns more and more as he moves up the heirarchy within the cult. The experience of a public is going to be alot different from that of a Mission staff, Org staff, Sea Org, CMO, INT, etc.

LRH wrote alot of references about games, and reading them now, after I am out, I see that he really did tell us exactly what he was doing, we just didn't see that he was doing it to us.

Remember the saying "The best place to hide something is right in plain sight."? I think that is just what Hubbard did with alot of things.

This is at the end of PDC lecture 39 of 12 Dec 52 titled
    "Games Processing":

20. Ladybird

Ladybird Silver Meritorious Patron

duplicate

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011