What's new

Commodore's Messenger tells all

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Did the twentyfour hour limit on editing get lifted?

Not to worry. Readers read the original aren't going to read it again...
What twenty four hours? You only posted it twenty minutes ago. I will read it, that's what bothers me. It's post #294

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Actually, I know of another person who was living in those two cities and I know FOR A FACT that she, and she alone, caused all those wins..........

Of course, I can't prove it. :D
Yes..sure...
Like all those pcs who were responsible for the big bang and blown up universes...
Next time I encounter this again, I will be courageous, take a deep breath, ask the Lord To protect me and tell the pc:

" all right, I totally get it..but we need a floating needle here..so make it happened again..right here right now.! go!

:eek:

Last edited:

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
What twenty four hours? You only posted it twenty minutes ago. I will read it, that's what bothers me. It's post #294

Sorry...

I thought you meant it was in your bio post and then I only saw this with seconds left on the library computer.

I grasp the nature of your distress but I doubt anyone gets any negative vibes over it.

But yes!!!

The over use of "that" is clunky as all hell and this reminds of a moment at the late lamented "All You Need" hippie restaurant on Haight (hee hee! at night they had two pots of coffee, one for strangers and the laced with methedrine. Those WERE the days, my friend) when a white-haired yet youthful lady friend showed me a poem of hers seeking some feedback from a wordsmith she respected. I looked at it handed it back. There were six that's in it; all grammatically correct prose. I said "take out the 'thats'". She looked at it, read it it to herself w/o the thats and her jaw dropped agape. the thing just transformed from clunky, overbearing into graceful elegant verse so beautiful she couldn't even believe she had written it...

Life can have sweeeeeeet moments wot?

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
"to defraud or destroy others......Any judges who have interpreted it that way" are condoning sociopathy.

It is the sociopathy, which lies within any group or individual be they religious, political,judicial, scientific or other ideology, that needs to be identified, exposed and instead of being 'smoked' be extinguished.
For all the nasty happenstances within CoS the evil they have done is vastly dwarfed by the shrinks...

e.g.

Massachusetts when I was young had the gothic horror of it's State Hospital system. There was one in Danvers and when it was closed the unmarked graves of several of it's patients were found. There may be more to be unearthed

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
The Internal Revenue Service awarded tax exemption to the California and Washington, D.C. churches in 1956 and 1957 respectively. In 1958, however, the Washington church lost its tax-exempt status on the grounds that its tenets and practices did not constitute an exclusively religious or educational activity.[7] A key factor in the revocation of its exemption was the issue of private inurement – the use of tax-exempt monies to benefit a non-tax-exempt individual or entity. The Court of Claims found that Hubbard and his family had profited from the Washington Church of Scientology. He had been given $108,000 over four years by the church, with the free use of a car and a private residence. His family had withdrawn thousands of dollars from the church's funds, and his wife Mary Sue had earned over $10,000 from renting property to it. Hubbard had also been tithed ten percent of the church's gross income.[8] The church appealed to the US Court of Claims, but lost. The court ruled that Scientology was a "business, a profit-making organization run by Hubbard for his personal enrichment."[7]
In 1959, Hubbard moved to England where he purchased Saint Hill Manor in East Sussex to serve as a family home and world headquarters of Scientology.[9] Over the following seven years, he tried repeatedly to establish a tax-exempt corporate vehicle in the United Kingdom by establishing multiple limited companies under the aegis of various Scientology entities and applying for non-profit status. However, the British Inland Revenue consistently refused the applications

I'll repeat the audited FACTS
In 1958,,,,,,,,,,, private inurement – the use of tax-exempt monies to benefit a non-tax-exempt individual or entity. The Court of Claims found that Hubbard and his family had profited from the Washington Church of Scientology. He had been given $108,000 over four years by the church, with the free use of a car and a private residence. His family had withdrawn thousands of dollars from the church's funds, and his wife Mary Sue had earned over $10,000 from renting property to it. Hubbard had also been tithed ten percent of the church's gross income.[8] The church appealed to the US Court of Claims, but lost. The court ruled that Scientology was a "business, a profit-making organization run by Hubbard for his personal enrichment."[7]
In 1959, Hubbard moved to England

Ahh...

Here we go...

found it; had a couple nights to mull this over.

Don't suppose I'm gonna the most cheerful of responses to my commentary but I shall be issuing a challenge in relation to it; somewhat tossing down a gauntlet. I believe that ultimately many of you would be willing to answer in terms of reason rather than sentiment and I hope to gain response from a panel of This Is Not OK!, Helluva Hoax, Roger B., I Told You I was Trouble and just so this panel has one... ahem... Liberal member, Bill

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Adjusted for inflation, $108,000 would be equivalent to about $900,000 at present, about $4325/week when spread over 4 years.
Not too bad when he also had free use of a car and a private residence.

Check your math Pitsy...

You appear to have misplaced a decimal point...

A hundred and some large over 4 years is $400 and change a week

I love ya Pitsy, I'm not a troll; I don't get kicks out chafing other posters and seek dialogue more on reason than emotion, and I'm looking here to unruffle my friend's feathers before I ruffle them.

You and any other posters are welcome to join the panel.

It will come down to a clearly stated and delineated yes or no question. Panelists are enjoined to answer simply yea or nay. "Abstain" is an option. "I wish to be recused" is an option if a panelist feels their understanding of American law and Constitution are inadequate for proper response. Panelists may make a statement with silence though TSTO non panelists may not. As "Prince of Posters" on ESMB, HH alone is welcome to respond with pure flippancy.

Running short of time here so this will be articulated on the morrow...

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Check your math Pitsy...

I took the $108,000 in 1958 dollars, adjusted it for inflation, bringing it to approx. $900,000.
And then I divided it by 208 (the quantity of weeks in a 4 year period.

That equals about $4325.00 a week. Plus the use of a car and private residence.

Not bad money for running a "church".

You could even live well in SF for that kind of money.

It's peanuts though compared to what he was making in the later years.

I love ya Pitsy, I'm not a troll; I don't get kicks out chafing other posters and seek dialogue more on reason than emotion, and I'm looking here to unruffle my friend's feathers before I ruffle them.

It will come down to a clearly stated and delineated yes or no question. Panelists are enjoined to answer simply yea or nay. "Abstain" is an option. "I wish to be recused" is an option if a panelist feels their understanding of American law and Constitution are inadequate for proper response. Panelists may make a statement with silence though TSTO non panelists may not. As "Prince of Posters" on ESMB, HH alone is welcome to respond with pure flippancy.

I'll have to respond to this later when I get a chance. But I'm not quite sure what you're referring to about joining a panel. It sounds as though I've missed some earlier posts.

JustSheila

Crusader
Check your math Pitsy...

You’re wrong, CP. Math is not your thing, give it up already.

Same with Scientology and El Con Hubbard’s history. Give it up, you don’t have the facts. Your personal history with Scientology and opinions based on that are fair enough. When you stretch your views into some broad history and what you assume happened or didn’t to others, though, it’s just a fabricated mess.

Gib

Crusader
Boston has six Super Bowl champs this century, nobody is even close.

It's four teams have twelve crowns this century, nobody is even close

In fact, number two is San Francisco with six crowns

Those are the two cities in which I reside Gibby

No...

I can't PROVE a damn thing.

But I ain't gonna believe you when you say there's no such thing as "OT"
little did you know, but I've been working with the Cubs, they are gonna win it this year.

I've been working with a few OT's, only a group of OT's banded together can handle things on this planet.

The World Series is ours. Boston is going down.

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
little did you know, but I've been working with the Cubs, they are gonna win it this year.

I've been working with a few OT's, only a group of OT's banded together can handle things on this planet.

The World Series is ours. Boston is going down.

They might roar back but I tend to doubt my beloved Olde Towne Teame has got it this year. I hope they continue to entertain by staying within shooting distance of a wild card slot

Here in Red Sox Nation all Patriotic citizens root for two teams; the Red Sox...

AND ANYONE WHO BEATS THE YANKEES!!!

Cubs are fine with me...

In fact...

I don't think you noticed Gibby...

But...

Shortly before Commander Birdsong was hanged, drawn, quartered, eviscerated, castrated and beheaded after watching his entrails and gentalia burned in front of a cheering mob I was telling those gathered here that I had been doing research on my (apparent and unproven) "charismatic", "psychedelic", "OT" capacities by turning to the Kansas City Royals who had gone 29 years w/o a winning season to see if I could change their fortunes in a three year period. First year very small improvement, second over .500, third year, when I began writing of it on this board they lost the world Series in seven games alive and fighting until the last out with the tying run on third base. They were on their own the next year when they won the Series because as I had reported just a couple days before I was hanged, drawn, quartered, eviscerated, castrated and decapitated after my entrails and genitalia were burned in front of a cheering mob in effigy that I was turning my attention to the Chicago Cubs who had not been in the Series since 1945 losing to Newhauser and the Tigers and had not won since 1908 in the day of Mordecai "Three Finger" Brown. I promised victory within three years. They DRAMATICALLY and beautifully drank from the silver cup two years later...

Hope you enjoyed the show...

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
You’re wrong, CP. Math is not your thing, give it up already.

Same with Scientology and El Con Hubbard’s history. Give it up, you don’t have the facts. Your personal history with Scientology and opinions based on that are fair enough. When you stretch your views into some broad history and what you assume happened or didn’t to others, though, it’s just a fabricated mess.

My math was not wrong

Pitsy's math, his cogent explanation not withstanding is wrong.

Hubbard wasn't paid in 2019 dollars; he was paid in 1950's dollars

If you are going to say Hubbard's pay in the 50's was equivalent to so and so in current dollars you must spell that out.

It is true that an intelligent reader can deduce from context this is what you meant a less intelligent reader might easily think Hubbard was paid more $4000 per week in the 50's. Which is not to say Pitsy is, knowingly or not, intentionally putting subliminal spin on his post to tweak the covetousness and jealousy of the weak minded and whip it into malignant hatred of L. Ron Hubbard and vehement murderous rage directed at the church he founded...

Well...

Not to say that but Pitsy IS Scientology trained and Scientologists do perpetually spin their data in such wise...

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
I took the $108,000 in 1958 dollars, adjusted it for inflation, bringing it to approx. $900,000.
And then I divided it by 208 (the quantity of weeks in a 4 year period.

That equals about $4325.00 a week. Plus the use of a car and private residence.

Not bad money for running a "church".

You could even live well in SF for that kind of money.

It's peanuts though compared to what he was making in the later years.

I'll have to respond to this later when I get a chance. But I'm not quite sure what you're referring to about joining a panel. It sounds as though I've missed some earlier posts.

Any poster joins the panel merely by cogent posting in response to the Challenge Question.

Just what this means will unfold on this thread.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
<snip>
If you are going to say Hubbard's pay in the 50's was equivalent to so and so in current dollars you must spell that out.

<snip>
My exact quote:

"Adjusted for inflation, $108,000 would be equivalent to about $900,000 at present, about $4325/week when spread over 4 years.
Not too bad when he also had free use of a car and a private residence."

http://www.forum.exscn.net/threads/commodores-messenger-tells-all.50282/page-14#post-1215807

What word did you fail to understand? :cool:

Last edited:

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
My exact quote:

"Adjusted for inflation, $108,000 would be equivalent to about $900,000 at present, about $4325/week when spread over 4 years.

None of them.

Hubbard was receiving 1950's dollars in 1958

He was not receiving 2019 dollars

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
None of them.
Clearly you did.

If you adjust 1950's dollars for inflation than you'll come up with approx. $900,000

Since most of us are no longer residing in the 1950's, I went ahead and adjusted it.

Just report to the clay table if you don't have a cog/VGI's on this post, ok?

Last edited:

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'll stand by my statement

But I recognize your statement as valid prima facie.

So...

Do you know what K.G. means? (see post on ISRTB thread)

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
My exact quote:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/threads/commodores-messenger-tells-all.50282/page-14#post-1215807

Not just car and residence.

Did he pay fair market salaries to all the staff who he used as personal servants?

Did he pay for his food, or have Scn provide it?

I doubt he paid for much of anything from his personal funds.