What's new

Concern or politics?

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
We had a newly-out person up to our house today and they NEEDED to talk to someone who had been there, done that and could understand what they were going through.

Again I found myself gobsmacked at the cruelty inflicted by those who "act for the greatest good for the greatest number" and that's something that few outside of exes can grasp. Our friend was traumatised like "we" all have been and the only therapy really is getting the truth from those who've been out for a while and being able to discuss their own horror stories.

I cannot see anything but a hidden agenda for anyone who suggests that discussing the cult's behaviour towards its victims/critics/innocent bystanders who just happen to become collateral damage is somehow a sign of weakness - which really is what is being suggested here. The politics of that leave me with no alternative but to assign sociopathy as the only possible explanation for that latest vomit from MartyWorld.

Love your blog, Emma - keep up the good work.:thumbsup:

I'm back to more important things now - the footie Grand final and a dinner just out of the oven.:woohoo:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Some people on the WWP calls this board the hug club or something. Those kinds of Anons can go fuck themselves.

You've got to talk through this stuff, or the thought stopping processes will continue to operate. As far as I can see, the only people who get beaten up when they open their mouths in the Ex space are the ones who come in assuming altitude.

Like the subject of the new blog... :yes:

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Bullseye!

And that (above in red) applies to newbies as well as many of the major posters that ultimately took their exit from ESMB--because they never did figure that out.

Instead, they went on rants, sermons or crusades to eradicate "cruelty" on this planet. If one substitutes another word for cruelty (e.g. "entheta", "natter", "1.1", et al) the pattern recognition software will alert with red flashing lights and loud buzzers--and a vintage photo of mankind's greatest friend will suddenly begin stroboscopically pulsing on all your mobile devices!

Since you mentioned it (a "Clear" or "OT" assuming altitude) I should confess that it has long been one of my very favorite Scn paradoxes. To wit, why would an ascended, supernaturally powerful and knowing being need to assume altitude when they already have it? LOL.

The entire subject of Scn "altitude" is a study (or thread) in itself! While wog civilization has discovered over the eons that the craving for "altitude" most often leads to misery, violence, murder, suffering, war & genocide--the insular Scn community (at the behest of Dr. Hubbard) actually celebrates altitude as a virtue. Let's recall that Hubbard:

* defined the concept of "ethics presence" by instructing others on the vital importance of symbology with altitude--hence, the clownish Sea Org uniforms and medals.

* Bragged incessantly about his own "altitude". Example: "We shall not speculate here on how I came to rise above the bank...."

That "rise above" concept describes the very mechanics and inertial dynamic required in the selfless self-help book: The Modern Science of Altitude Attainment. lol

Last edited:

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron
Almost off topic, but slipping it in anyway - relates to altitude.

I found this interesting reading.

Hubris syndrome: An acquired personality disorder? A study of US Presidents and UK Prime Ministers over the last 100 years
http://brain.oxfordjournals.org/content/132/5/1396

Hubris syndrome was formulated as a pattern of behaviour in a person who: (i) sees the world as a place for self-glorification through the use of power; (ii) has a tendency to take action primarily to enhance personal image; (iii) shows disproportionate concern for image and presentation; (iv) exhibits messianic zeal and exaltation in speech; (v) conflates self with nation or organization; (vi) uses the royal ‘we’ in conversation; (vii) shows excessive self-confidence; (viii) manifestly has contempt for others; (ix) shows accountability only to a higher court (history or God); (x) displays unshakeable belief that they will be vindicated in that court; (xi) loses contact with reality; (xii) resorts to restlessness, recklessness and impulsive actions; (xiii) allows moral rectitude to obviate consideration of practicality, cost or outcome; and (xiv) displays incompetence with disregard for nuts and bolts of policy making.

Hubris syndrome in politicians is a greater threat than conventional illness to the quality of their leadership and the proper government of our world. Strategies for identifying and constraining hubris have been suggested (Storr, 1997; Hillman, 1999; Owen, 2008). Qualities protective against disproportionate hubris, like humour and cynicism are worth mentioning. But nothing can replace the need for self-control, the preservation of modesty while in power, the ability to be laughed at, and the ability to listen to those who are in a position to advise. Another important safeguard comes from the practice of devoted concern to the needs of individuals and not simply to the greater cause (Storr, 1997; Hillman, 1999). Efforts at rehabilitation may be successful to the extent they are able to inculcate some of these qualities.

Last edited:

xwc

Patron with Honors
Another aspect to this site in particular is providing a fair assessment of the current situation in SCN for those at risk of getting involved again. Several years ago when the Scientologists tracked me down after being blown for 35+ years I actually bought the basics and was told how everything was better now ... Bill Franks was gone and now they were under the benevolent care of Miscavige ... and I might have bought it if it wasn't for the internet, a search for FCDC where I was on staff in the early to mid 70s, and ESMB. I am forever grateful for this site, so thank you and keep on posting. (And I wish we had the web [and South Park] back in the early 70s to prevent the whole thing in the first place)

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
" Recovery " from being in a cult seems to me to be a unique experience.

Perhaps someone who had a brief immersion doesn't relate to my decades long experience any more than I relate to those who were close to tubs and/or the dwarf.

One thing I know for sure is that reading here on ESMB has surely filled some voids for me, put truth in place of all the lies I'd heard from the cult & so speeded my own recovery from being in that cult.

Some will always believe the " one-size-fits-all " malarkey, but, I don't.

For me, I suspect of any one thing at any given moment in time that what I is see is molded by perception & perspective unique to me due to what my life path has been to get me to that moment. To me, that is my reality & there is no escaping I created it - again - for me.

Given that, I find it pretty darn amazing that any group of people manage to agree on much of anything - yet from any discussion there can be so much gleaned & taken away to learn from.

ESMB has been & continues to be my source of learning the truth about the cult called Co$ and is providing me my best path of recovery. To me, recovery is not a " one-shot " undertaking.

I hope others can get what they need & want from ESMB to aid in their cult recovery process.

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
We had a newly-out person up to our house today and they NEEDED to talk to someone who had been there, done that and could understand what they were going through.

Again I found myself gobsmacked at the cruelty inflicted by those who "act for the greatest good for the greatest number" and that's something that few outside of exes can grasp. Our friend was traumatised like "we" all have been and the only therapy really is getting the truth from those who've been out for a while and being able to discuss their own horror stories.

I cannot see anything but a hidden agenda for anyone who suggests that discussing the cult's behaviour towards its victims/critics/innocent bystanders who just happen to become collateral damage is somehow a sign of weakness - which really is what is being suggested here. The politics of that leave me with no alternative but to assign sociopathy as the only possible explanation for that latest vomit from MartyWorld.

Love your blog, Emma - keep up the good work.:thumbsup:

I'm back to more important things now - the footie Grand final and a dinner just out of the oven.:woohoo:

My experience is the same with newly outs & the cult continues to do everything thing it can think up to stop the truth about them from being told.

Those of us who are out, declared & supposed to be in eternal agony - so they have been told. Here we are, happy, having fun, no longer living in poverty & lo and behold, we don't have red horns, red tails, carry a red pitch fork, & wear red suits !
Some times the newly outs even remember one day we were held in some regard in the org & overnight we were gone after decades we were discovered evil.

The newly out need some time to decompress. Sitting there watching them decompress is liking watching a truck shred a tire = chucks of black stuff flying off in every direction !

While not an easy process, I honestly believe each person that wants to can shed the cult & all it's baggage.

A sincere THANKS to all you who continue to help people rid themselves of the cult !

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
Another aspect to this site in particular is providing a fair assessment of the current situation in SCN for those at risk of getting involved again. Several years ago when the Scientologists tracked me down after being blown for 35+ years I actually bought the basics and was told how everything was better now ... Bill Franks was gone and now they were under the benevolent care of Miscavige ... and I might have bought it if it wasn't for the internet, a search for FCDC where I was on staff in the early to mid 70s, and ESMB. I am forever grateful for this site, so thank you and keep on posting. (And I wish we had the web [and South Park] back in the early 70s to prevent the whole thing in the first place)

I think the last attempt made to " recover " me was most likely as I told the person I was convinced that the dwarf was an "sp" out to destroy the church. It was so much fun to watch the 'team' try not to blow up as steam blew out their ears.
They left, never to darken my door again. Trash talk their belief system long enough & they go away.

an0n

Patron
It's okay to communicate about your experiences publically here.
It's okay to communicate about your experiences privately here.
It's okay to read about others experiences here.
It's going to be okay.