What's new

Concerning the Ethiers and Blackmail

Terril park

Sponsor
Ok, so it looks like I'm not "pre moderated" yet. It seems my post just took ages to be processed through Yahoo.

That might change when Terril wakes up and sees what trouble I've made though! :lol:

Yes Yahoo forums are a bit erratic at times.

Ladybird

Silver Meritorious Patron
<snipped>... the people on Freezone forums don't want such stuff on their forums, and I must respect that.

:blah::wow::goodorbad:

Terril Park! You are giving me some major cognitive dissonance AND a mojo headache here!

WTF are you on about????

You respect the Freezoners but you don't respect the EX-scientologists?

You and I have reached an agreement to agree to disagree, but this recruiting and marketing on an EX-scientologist board is pretty much getting out of hand again, and you are not the only guilty party...but it is NOT OK for ex-scientologists to voice their opinions on your FZ boards???

My eyes are about to roll out of my head contemplating this. Gimmee a break PLEASE!

having read Mrs. Pierre's credentials, it, was quite shocking. Something obviously happened to her. She didn't get those degrees being a nut case. This is a tragedy we are looking at.

Not necessarily true, CO. I have known some extraordinarily clever & well-educated individuals to suffer highly destructive mental disorders.

Mark A. Baker

... I got warned by Terril because I said that Dexter was dilusional and that's just too mean for that forum. Terril warned me that unless I play nicer I'd have to go on a "pre moderated status". ...

:eyeroll:

Either he's had a 'change of heart' in recent weeks, which I sincerely doubt, or that was invented just for you. TP has let quite a bit of nastiness pass over the years, even having contributed himself on more than one occasion, provided it was the 'right sort of nastiness' of course. :coolwink:

Mark A. Baker

... However the people on Freezone forums don't want such stuff on their forums, and I must respect that.

BS, Terril. It's your forum, you have the right to set the rules and the responsibility to see they are followed.

A. Any attempt to abridge the open expression of the FACTS about LRH & scientology, no matter how 'unpleasant' those facts may be to some, constitutes prior censorship of valid & important information.

B. Any release of pc data without the express consent of the pc is a violation of confidentiality.

C. Any 'third party' of private disputes between auditors, pcs, or forum participants is a violation of the respect to be accorded participants on the forum.

You have repeatedly allowed, in some cases participated or initiated, all three. Hide behind the group if you wish. That hardly constitutes a principled stand. :eyeroll:

Mark A. Baker

Ladybird

Silver Meritorious Patron
Flunk for comm lag Terril. Please tell me why your Freezone sites are not subject to the same "Freedom of Speech" rules you and your fellow free-zoners feel entitled to and have demanded and taken advantage of here and on other EX-scientology sites.

Classic case of do as I say and not as I do. They don't like the truth about LRH because it invalidates the little world they live in where the tech has all the answers.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Hi, LB,

The way I look at it (for what it's worth.) is this:

Private moderated forums often have rules about content. So they, depending on the forum and the charter, have the right to determine what goes on there and what does not.

As opposed to the way things SHOULD be. I agree with you wholeheartedly that those of critical or skeptical inclination should be totally free to converse on pro tech forums without getting censored or slammed for expressing anti/skeptical opinions. This is a "way it spozed to be" type thing. That's is not the same thing as the way it is. It's more, ok, in a perfect world, this is what we would have.

On my forum, small potatoes as it is, I not only encourage but allow dissenting opinions. That's because I was greatly influenced by alt.religion.scientology and, later, by the way ESMB is. People who have very different opinions from ESMB admins are encouraged to speak their minds. It's great. It's wonderful. So was a.r.s. in its heyday.

But, if there's a forum where the rules happen to be, only pro Scn or pro whatever is discussed, then if it's a private forum, then that's just how it is.

I'm sure there are fora for mainstream religions and political groups and such where it's got to be one way or the high way. I will respect their RIGHT to do that but I will never agree with actually having that.

There's a critical forum out there, can't remember which one, but it totally disallows any pro Scn on it. Personally, I'm not so sanguine about that, but hey, it's not my board. It's theirs.

SomeGuy

Patron Meritorious
Hi, LB,

The way I look at it (for what it's worth.) is this:

Private moderated forums often have rules about content. So they, depending on the forum and the charter, have the right to determine what goes on there and what does not.

As opposed to the way things SHOULD be. I agree with you wholeheartedly that those of critical or skeptical inclination should be totally free to converse on pro tech forums without getting censored or slammed for expressing anti/skeptical opinions. This is a "way it spozed to be" type thing. That's is not the same thing as the way it is. It's more, ok, in a perfect world, this is what we would have.

On my forum, small potatoes as it is, I not only encourage but allow dissenting opinions. That's because I was greatly influenced by alt.religion.scientology and, later, by the way ESMB is. People who have very different opinions from ESMB admins are encouraged to speak their minds. It's great. It's wonderful. So was a.r.s. in its heyday.

But, if there's a forum where the rules happen to be, only pro Scn or pro whatever is discussed, then if it's a private forum, then that's just how it is.

I'm sure there are fora for mainstream religions and political groups and such where it's got to be one way or the high way. I will respect their RIGHT to do that but I will never agree with actually having that.

There's a critical forum out there, can't remember which one, but it totally disallows any pro Scn on it. Personally, I'm not so sanguine about that, but hey, it's not my board. It's theirs.

Great outlook, although I think the point being made was that it's hypocritical to demand "free speech" while at the same time suppressing it.

... As opposed to the way things SHOULD be. I agree with you wholeheartedly that those of critical or skeptical inclination should be totally free to converse on pro tech forums without getting censored or slammed for expressing anti/skeptical opinions. This is a "way it spozed to be" type thing. That's is not the same thing as the way it is. It's more, ok, in a perfect world, this is what we would have. ...

I agree WITH the added provision that civility and respect for others be a requirement of the forum. Too often scurrilous personal attacks are made in the name of 'freedom of expression'. :eyeroll:

Mark A. Baker

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
I agree WITH the added provision that civility and respect for others be a requirement of the forum. Too often scurrilous personal attacks are made in the name of 'freedom of expression'. :eyeroll:

Mark A. Baker

Exactly. That's why I said for expressing skeptical opinions rather than just saying they should be able to say anything.

People should be civil. Unfortunately, people get passionate, tempers get hot...

We all are so much.

I wonder how well I'd keep my temper were I to have a discussion with some indoctrinated cultie who disconnected from someone I knew and cared about... That's a situation where I could be discussing Scn from another perspective and where I might be so tempted to totally go ad hominem...

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud

Mark A. Baker

True, and when the mods won't censure their 'pets & buds' then it rapidly bevomes a free for all.

Doesn't matter what the rules on any board are as long as everybody has to play by the same rules.

And, no, I'm not talking about any board in particular, I'm talking about any board.

Terril park

Sponsor

Terril Park! You are giving me some major cognitive dissonance AND a mojo headache here!

WTF are you on about????

You and I have reached an agreement to agree to disagree, but this recruiting and marketing on an EX-scientologist board is pretty much getting out of hand again, and you are not the only guilty party...but it is NOT OK for ex-scientologists to voice their opinions on your FZ boards???

My eyes are about to roll out of my head contemplating this. Gimmee a break PLEASE!

Headache? We can't get it on then?

Can't help teasing :)

The private FZ Forums are the only place in the Galaxy where FZers
can communicate without being bashed to pieces. I can handle anything anyone wants to bring on. 12 years experience on critical forums.

Many can't.

Try to post similar criticism of Islam and I expect people will die.

Religion is an explosive area.

One might differentiate between CO$ and scn.

Sadly most don't.

Love

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
This whole thread has helped me to reach a final opinion on Scientology, and its adherents. Thanks for that.

Isn't it????

Few months ago I was :omg:
reading thread like this ...

Now

these threads are in my favorites bookmark
they become
my best promotional kit
To some people that are at doubt

On how $cientology destroy basic human habilities
and shows the result of ''scientology and auditing '' tech
In or out the CO$

It really makes the job
better that any word.

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron

WTF are you on about????

Ladybird,

If this BBS allows both pro-tech, anti-church and anti-tech, anti-church views, and you have a problem with that, why don't you start you own BBS where Freezoners are not welcome?

Helena