What's new

Condition of treason for all "OT"

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
That's an interesting philosophy. Can I extrapolate it? Would you find mocking say the aryan nations dream of an all aryan world to be equally distasteful?

Same premise in my eyes as a "cleared planet". Just substitute the look as we do with think as we do.

I figured you were objecting to making light of a ongoing nuclear disaster by even mock contemplating that scientology could do anything about it.

I think I've elucidated sufficiently.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Any more questions about my comment or the op? No?

I, too, have serious reservations and not a little anger about/toward culties. But, as I said, I know people who "went OT" and who still consider themselves to be "OT". (most are Indies or FreeZoners).

However, in a discussion about people participating in CofS, I'd have some different sorts of things to say. Not to say that I don't empathize with CULTIES who are reaching for a dream, but it is a different kettle of fish.

Jim Little

Patron with Honors
They are not allowed by the cult to perform their OT abilities without donations, not even for humanity. :sadangel:

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Well, that's certainly true, Jim.

Here is a very small potatoes example: when I was a young and fluffy staff member, a friend of mine came to me after course (but I was still working of course)- she was public- in tears over a super bad headache. She wanted an assist. I gave it to her, no question. I got in trouble for not asking for any exchange.

While I realize that isn't about OT abilities or doing OT stuff, it does show the cult's true attitude toward those who turn to it for help and succor.

The Great Zorg

Gold Meritorious Patron
They are not allowed by the cult to perform their OT abilities without donations, not even for humanity. :sadangel:

When did this happen?

When I was fully indoctrinated in the 70's, oaties using their new oatie abilities were chastized. We were told that they were not allowed to publicly demionstrate these powahs lest the public be overwhelmed and hance frightened. Hubbard had it all covered. What a master con!

When did they have to ask for donations to demonstrate their powers?

PTSPal

Patron with Honors
Wait a minute!

:duh: Didn't someone offer to donate a million dollars if just one OT would demonstrate some OT power.

:happydance:Tell ya what. I'll donate with Tone 40 to any OT power activity that has any effect on any of the horrible things that are going on in the world today. Just put one out there for our review. Please just one, just one. Please :eyeroll:

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
:duh: Didn't someone offer to donate a million dollars if just one OT would demonstrate some OT power.

:happydance:Tell ya what. I'll donate with Tone 40 to any OT power activity that has any effect on any of the horrible things that are going on in the world today. Just put one out there for our review. Please just one, just one. Please :eyeroll:

James Randi has been peddling his $1M junk (worthless) bonds in exchange for the successful demonstration of any psychic phenomenon for years. He is such a thoroughly unlikeable person that his list of critics includes far more than just pro-metaphysical types.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill

No. You're thinking of the Amazing Randi challenge which was aimed at ANYBODY who would demonstrate any abilities or phenomena. It was not aimed specifically at Scientologists or at any one specific group.

People have tried to deal with the Amazing Randi, but they found they could not trust him.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
No. You're thinking of the Amazing Randi challenge which was aimed at ANYBODY who would demonstrate any abilities or phenomena. It was not aimed specifically at Scientologists or at any one specific group.

People have tried to deal with the Amazing Randi, but they found they could not trust him.

Not my experience. I dealt with the Amazing Randi directly on a project I was working on. I trusted him. He was terrific and did everything that was expected and quickly too. I found that I COULD trust him.

I suppose what you said about Randi could be said about ANY PERSON IN THE WORLD if you found someone that had a less than good experience with them.

By the way, I have also extensively studied Randi's books and million dollar challenge along with his protocols. I would suggest someone do so before denouncing him as untrustworthy.

I think he is a very valuable guy to debunking the secretive world of scams, cons & hoaxes.

Student of Trinity

Silver Meritorious Patron
The website for Randi's million dollar challenge shows a PDF of a balance statement from Goldman Sachs, dated February 2010. That statement shows the account holdings are almost half cash, and the rest 'investment grade fixed income' bonds. Total value just over a million dollars, and its all negotiable stuff (in other words you can sell it immediately for cash if you want). Obviously anyone can post a PDF, but Goldman Sachs is real, and Randi's website isn't hiding. I'm pretty sure there'd be some lawyers getting excited if that statement weren't real. The million dollars seems to really be there, waiting to be won.

The reason to have it invested in bonds, rather than simply storing it as a big stack of $100 bills, seems obvious to me. Randi's foundation anticipates having that money sitting around for a long time. It wants to get interest on it.

Last edited:

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Not my experience. I dealt with the Amazing Randi directly on a project I was working on. I trusted him. He was terrific and did everything that was expected and quickly too. I found that I COULD trust him.

I suppose what you said about Randi could be said about ANY PERSON IN THE WORLD if you found someone that had a less than good experience with them.

By the way, I have also extensively studied Randi's books and million dollar challenge along with his protocols. I would suggest someone do so before denouncing him as untrustworthy.

I think he is a very valuable guy to debunking the secretive world of scams, cons & hoaxes.

Sure. Some people's experiences with him were not positive. Some were. The same could be said of anyone, including some extremely notorious people.

freethinker

Sponsor
The sad part of it is at some future event by the church, provided Japan becomes stable and fixes their problems, which are considerable, DM will claim it was the VM's and Scientology that provided the tech to salvage them.

That would really suck IMO.

I believe the situation in Japan is much more dire than is realized.

It is a seismic time bomb.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
The website for Randi's million dollar challenge shows a PDF of a balance statement from Goldman Sachs, dated February 2010. That statement shows the account holdings are almost half cash, and the rest 'investment grade fixed income' bonds. Total value just over a million dollars, and its all negotiable stuff (in other words you can sell it immediately for cash if you want). Obviously anyone can post a PDF, but Goldman Sachs is real, and Randi's website isn't hiding. I'm pretty sure there'd be some lawyers getting excited if that statement weren't real. The million dollars seems to really be there, waiting to be won.

The reason to have it invested in bonds, rather than simply storing it as a big stack of $100 bills, seems obvious to me. Randi's foundation anticipates having that money sitting around for a long time. It wants to get interest on it.

I never said the million dollars wasn't there.

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'll donate with Tone 40 to any OT power activity that has any effect on any of the horrible things that are going on in the world today. Just put one out there for our review. Please just one, just one. Please :eyeroll:

My pleasure: Christianity!

(Before slamming me, take just one moment to look up the word "charity".)

Peace.

Lamb

Patron with Honors
As someone with a cert that claims I am OT IV, I accept the condition of treason--there's no such thing as OT. I know it and anyone who has done any OT levels knows it despite trying to hide from that particular cognition. If "OTs" continue to deny the fact that they are not OT, then they are not being cause over mest over in Japan and are definitely in treason! It's not mocking, it's stating a fact.:yes:

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
As someone with a cert that claims I am OT IV, I accept the condition of treason--there's no such thing as OT. I know it and anyone who has done any OT levels knows it despite trying to hide from that particular cognition. If "OTs" continue to deny the fact that they are not OT, then they are not being cause over mest over in Japan and are definitely in treason! It's not mocking, it's stating a fact.:yes:

:thumbsup:

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron

Good point.

I don't understand how the Freezoners can justify their overts.:D

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
complicated ...

Hi,

I declare all persons of the planet Earth considering themselves as "OT" to be in condition of treason for not taking care for the situation at the Fukushima nuclear power plant.

Sorry? What? No OT!?

Ooops...

So, OK, They can continue to be in condition of non existence...

Irayam

Speaking on behalf of myself and a lot of other oatees, I can say that it is a lot more complicated than that. You see, after investing all that money to do the bridge, when you get to the top, you need to earn bigtime to get back principal, and, of course, some ROI or return on investment. The most A to B way of doing business is to go to work for the US govt. From time to time, they need someone to spontaneously combust or drop dead of a heart attack or just turn into a frog or grow some really hideous looking and very visible cancer. The govt. pays well ... usually after less than a dozen or so of these jobs you have re-couped your bridge money, and, after about 20 jobs or thereabouts you are well into a profit, even considering all the labor and effort invested in going oatee.

Not wanting to bite the hand that feeds you, however, you have to be really careful about saving anyone, such as those Japs. You see, the US govt. not only cranked up HAARP for the Jap earthquake job, they hired about 25 or so oatees to help out by focusing energy not to mention postulates. The whole point of taking out the nuke plant was because Obama owed some favors to his big oil buddies who will handsomely profit from this. So, if I was to counter intend all this or try to reverse it by inverting the local space time continuum over there, I would be getting in the way of some very powerful people, not to mention stepping on the theta toes of some really big oatees that are just helping the govt. and trying to recoup their bridge investments. Also, the COB himself would be really pissed off about some oatee going off as a loose cannon to help the Japs or worse yet, to go back in time and prevent the quake, because that could easily be seen by the govt. as a reason to revoke the tax exempt status of the church.

I just hope that you WOGS can understand, it really is for the greater good on the greater number of dynamics. And, if you can't, well, too bad.

Pete

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Good point.

And in a promissory obligation, there is no necessity for the funds to be escrowed as long as the party does in fact pay or cause to be paid the million dollar obligation. In other words, even if Randi's foundation did not have one dollar in assets, it still could legally obligate itself to paying the million dollars if it had the ability to meet that obligation.

The television and DVD rights alone could be sold by Randi's foundation for TENS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS if any person successfully demonstrated supernatural powers.

Thus, there is no slightest ethical, moral or legal issue regarding the payment of the meager sum of $1M to an individual who performed the first verifiable miracle in recorded history.