What's new

"Confidential" GO Intelligence Course Full Hat

Caroline

Patron Meritorious
The Suppressive Person Defense League is making available our copy of the Guardian’s Office “Confidential Intelligence Course” pack. This checksheet and some of the checksheet items have been available for some time on xenu.net and elsewhere. To our knowledge, however, the material as a pack or unit has not been available.

Our copy of the pack is complete with the following exceptions:

HCO Info Ltr 15 Jan 1963 The DC Situation (missing)
Exec Letter 10 Oct 69 Ron's Journal No. 17 (missing)
HCOPL 16 Feb 1969 Enemy PROs. (We have page one only of this document.)
HCOPL 11 Aug 71 Advanced Courses Materials Security of Data (Missing page 1 of 2.)​

If anyone has any of these missing items, please let us know.

The course materials are also available for download.

Veda

Sponsor
This is the first time I've seen Hubbard's INTELLIGENCE, ITS ROLE of 3 June 1973 on the Internet.

Thanks for that, and for the other documents that have either been unavailable on the Net, or just hard to find.

Intelligence, Its Role: http://www.suppressiveperson.org/sp/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/4D-19.pdf

L. Ron Hubbard, from confidential 'Intelligence, Its Role', 1973:

"We are potentially successful beyond the greatest dreams and aspirations of any former Intelligence service in the universe bar none.

'Intelligence furnishes much of the data on which evaluation is based.

"What could be called SUPPORT Intelligence (or attack or offensive Intelligence) is the other side of the coin, and also forms a vital part of Intelligence activities. But here Intelligence is carrying out part of a program furnished by evaluation to command and ordered executed."

Going on glowingly about Scientology Intelligence tech, and the Scientology Intelligence service, and belittling "primitive" - "wog" - Intelligence services, Hubbard wrote that:

"...it has very little to do with the arcane arts. Although our Intelligence tech might seem like black magic to those in primitive services."

This was authored by Hubbard shortly after Ingo Swann was featured in 'Advance! magazine' as a Scientologist and famous psychic. I've wondered if perhaps one of the crew on the Apollo had asked Hubbard about using "OT powers" for "data collection," or other Intelligence actions, thus triggering Hubbard's outburst - which is lengthier than is quoted here - rejecting anything but down to earth, practical, Scientology Intelligence tech, with its down to earth Data Collection, Evaluation, and Attack - a.k.a. "Support" - Intelligence.

It's interesting that Hubbard, when he telling tales or was making a show of it, liked to emphasize OT abilities but, when he was serious, brushed aside such things and depended entirely on materialistic means.

L. Ron Hubbard, from confidential 'Intelligence Actions - Covert Intelligence Data Collection', 1969:

"Essentially a covert operation is intended to embarrass, discredit, or overthrow or remove an actual or possible opponent. It's a small war being carried out without the true source being revealed."

DapperLRH.jpg

iHateDuplicity

Patron with Honors
Maybe this has been brought up before, like most points I'm sure newbs like me make, but it just occurred to me that the very existence of this material should be all someone needs to know about Cof$ to know that this is a sinister and very corrupt organization. It's not like Hubbard had a few books on WWII spy organizations or something - the guy was writing volumes of material on how to plan and execute covert operations. And he had hundreds of people, if not a couple of thousand, drilled and billed on how to do it. What open, free and innocent church actually does that anywhere?

I was so steeped in the Hubbard paranoia mindset when I was in Cof$ that it never even occurred to me that the GO/OSA was something sinister or freaky. But I'm sure seeing it now! :duh:

Imagine if you found out the Catholics or the Mormons had such "hatting materials" in their catalogs, written directly by the Pope or John Smith. The actions of the GO/OSA have been talked about often (and for good reason). But I think their very existence all by itself is all that people would need to know in order to run in the other direction.

I'd like to see this promoted a lot more heavily out there.

CO2

Patron Meritorious
Maybe this has been brought up before, like most points I'm sure newbs like me make, but it just occurred to me that the very existence of this material should be all someone needs to know about Cof$ to know that this is a sinister and very corrupt organization. It's not like Hubbard had a few books on WWII spy organizations or something - the guy was writing volumes of material on how to plan and execute covert operations. And he had hundreds of people, if not a couple of thousand, drilled and billed on how to do it. What open, free and innocent church actually does that anywhere?

I was so steeped in the Hubbard paranoia mindset when I was in Cof$ that it never even occurred to me that the GO/OSA was something sinister or freaky. But I'm sure seeing it now! :duh:

Imagine if you found out the Catholics or the Mormons had such "hatting materials" in their catalogs, written directly by the Pope or John Smith. The actions of the GO/OSA have been talked about often (and for good reason). But I think their very existence all by itself is all that people would need to know in order to run in the other direction.

I'd like to see this promoted a lot more heavily out there.

you are not well versed in the Catholic Church past or present. At best you are being naive.

Veda

Sponsor
This copy of the 2 December 1969 confidential 'Intelligence Actions, Covert Intelligence Data Collection' - of which some is quoted in my prior post on this thread - is a much better scan than the copy usually available.

http://www.suppressiveperson.org/sp/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/4B-11.pdf

There is one small correction re. the '#11 'Write up: 2 Dec 61 Confidential Intelligence', under 'Part B - Covert Operations', in the table of contents of the Information Full Hat.

It is mis-dated as 1961 in the table of contents, but is correctly dated everywhere else in this presentation. A minor detail, but I note it, as it might hinder someone searching for the document in the table of contents.

Most of this doc is instruction from Hubbard on his Intelligence Tech.

It's useful, when reading Hubbard's explanations and instructions, to keep in mind that, confidentially, he instructed Scientologists to "use enemy tactics."

Hubbard sometimes describes "enemy tactics" in great detail, excessive detail. This begins to make sense when it's realized that Hubbard expected to not only protect Scientology from these "enemy tactics," but also to use them on others.

These "enemy tactics" were - and are - used not only on outsiders, but also on Scientologists. An example is covert data collection, which is accomplished by someone adopting the "suitable guise" of a Scientology minister or counselor, then - under the pretense of a "confessional," etc. - collecting data which becomes accessible to the Scientology Intelligence service for any use that serves its ends.

A little bit more from this issue. Here is Hubbard telling some tall tales about his 2nd wife, Sara:

Describing events of 1950:

"The objective of the enemy is to discredit...

"Their first blast was the San Francisco papers, Sept. 1950, quoting the publisher (of Book One) Ceppos being critical of me (he was a communist) followed by the LA papers, pushed then by Sara Komkovadamanov (alias Northrup) 'divorce' actions, followed by attempted kidnapping of myself. Other details were pushed into it including murder of four and so on. This was a full complete covert operation. At the back of it was Miles Hollister (psychology student), Sara Komkovadamanov (housekeeper at the place nuclear physicists stayed near Cal Tech), Gene Benton and his wife - president of the Young Communists League...

"This was a full war against Dianetics..."

Note: all the above parentheses are from the original.

Hubbard had written to the FBI about Sara in 1951, reporting her as a Communists or Communist sympathizer. (See FBI archives)

In late 1966, moping in bed after his failure in Southern Africa, he went on about Sara to Virginia Downsborough (See 'Bare Faced Messiah')

In 1969, after the 'Times of London' exposed his connection to Jack Parsons and (distantly) to Aleister Crowley, Hubbard concocted a shore story, where he was "sent in by Naval Intelligence to break up a black magic group and rescued a girl."

Soon afterwards, Hubbard included the above whopper of a tale about "Sara Komkovadamanov" to his inner circle.

This is interesting in that it shows Hubbard giving both practical instructions, and then outrageous falsehoods, to Scientologists. A much repeated pattern.

I wonder how many people still think that Hubbard's 2nd wife was actually the Russian spy, Komkovadamanov?

After all, "LRH" said so.

Hubbard_divorce_headlines.jpg

Last edited:

Lone Star

Crusader
you are not well versed in the Catholic Church past or present. At best you are being naive.

Yep...the Vatican's equivalent to OSA was the Office of the Inquisition. It operated officially for centuries. Extracted confessions via torture....burned apostates alive....excommunicated members and broke up families. They also were an extension of state governments which Hubbard dreamed of achieving but thankfully never did.

Veda

Sponsor
Yep...the Vatican's equivalent to OSA was the Office of the Inquisition. It operated officially for centuries. Extracted confessions via torture....burned apostates alive....excommunicated members and broke up families. They also were an extension of state governments which Hubbard dreamed of achieving but thankfully never did.

Don't forget Hitler's and Stalin's secret police and their practices.

Hubbard copied many of their methods, modified by that fact that he ran a mind-control cult inside mid 20th century Western Democratic society.

Lone Star

Crusader
Don't forget Hitler's and Stalin's secret police and their practices.

Hubbard copied many of their methods, modified by that fact that he ran a mind-control cult inside mid 20th century Western Democratic society.

Yes as far as using models those 2 were it.

Caroline

Patron Meritorious
Thanks everyone for the feedback, corrections and help with the missing documents.

Update on the document list from OP:

Exec Letter 10 Oct 65 Ron's Journal No. 17.
Date corrected. Image of RJ 17 supplied by Mark Plummer.

HCOPL 11 Aug 71 Advanced Courses Materials Security of Data (Was missing page 1 of 2.)
This HCOPL, (without the the 28.3.74 reissue date) was published in the OEC Vols, now available at the link.

HCO Info Ltr 15 Jan 63 The DC Situation: (Document still at large.)

HCOPL 16 Feb 1969 Enemy PROs (No change. We have page one only of this document.)​

Peter Soderqvist

Patron with Honors

Soderqvist1: what is OSA's counterpart in the Vatican 2013?

ClearedSP

Patron with Honors
The additions were worth waiting for, if only for the humor value in this line:
Advanced Courses Materials said:
We do not safeguard these [upper level] materials from any commercial consideration.

Veda

Sponsor
220px-Berrys_world.gif

L. Ron Hubbard was angered by this cartoon and ordered the cartoonist's career destroyed.

Below is a re-post, which, especially for newbie lurkers, may provide a sense of the mind-set that pervades the strange world of Scientology's inner regions - behind the big "Church" sign, and behind the giant cross and, in the USA, behind the super sized American Flag, which is most often displayed during times of emphasized patriotism amongst the "wogs," such as after 9-11.

__________​

According to Hubbard, bad things happen to those who oppose or try to "enturbulate" Scientology.

In 1959, Hubbard wrote in the 'HCO Manual of Justice':

"Dianetics and Scientology are self-protecting sciences. If one attacks them one attacks all the know-how of the mind. It caves in the bank. It's gruesome sometimes.

"At this instance there are men hiding in terror on Earth because they found out what they were attacking. There are men dead because they attacked us - for instance Dr. Joe Winter [wrote Introduction to 'DMSMH', and the book, 'A Doctor's Report on Dianetics' with an Introduction by Fritz Perls]. He simply realized what he did and died. There are men bankrupt because they attacked us - [Don] Purcell, Ridgeway, [publisher of 'DMSMH'] Ceppos."

While providing humanitarian service to all Mankind, Scientologists were told, Hubbard was continually fending off attacks from wogs, SPs, psychs, commies, and the 12 bankers. Apparently, Hubbard even believed that he had been attacked by orders of John F. Kennedy.

In the early 1960s, Hubbard had come to regard John F. Kennedy as an enemy. He blamed Kennedy for the American FDA/e-meter troubles and referenced his assassination of 28 months earlier in the broadly publicized 1966 PR piece, 'What is Greatness?'. 'What is Greatness?', meant for a broad "wog" audience, extolled "love," and was published around the same time that the 'Fair Game Law'-applying Guardian's Office was quietly established. Even in this PR piece, meant to identify Scientology with "love," Hubbard couldn't resist gloating over the assassination of John F. Kennedy:

"Were you to approach many ruling heads of state in the world and offer to set them free (as only a Scientologist can) they would go berserk, cry up their private police and generally cause unpleasantness. Indeed, one did - he was later assassinated by no desire of ours but because of the incompetence of his own followers about him. He could have tried to use Scientology. Instead, he promptly tried to shoot it down by ordering raids and various berserk actions on Scientology organizations. That he was then shot had nothing to do with us, but only demonstrated how incompetent and how mortal he really was."

And some more inspirational words...

From 'Keeping Scientology Working', 7 February, 1965:

"We're not playing some minor game in Scientology. It isn't something cute to do for lack of something better.

"The whole agonized future of this planet, every Man, Woman, and Child on it, and your own destiny for the next endless trillions of years depend on what you do here and now with and in Scientology :unsure::ohmy::yes:

"This is a deadly serious activity. And if we miss getting out of the trap now, we may never again have another chance :spacecraft:. [See 'Implantology'] Remember, this is our first chance in all the endless trillions of years of the past . Don't muff it now because it seems unpleasant or unsocial to do Seven [Hammering out of existence incorrect technology], Eight..."

__________​

Just prior to the appearance of 'KSW', was published the piece 'My Philosophy', in which L. Ron Hubbard told Scientologists:

"Blinded with injured optic nerves, and lame with physical injuries to the hip and back, at the end of World War II, I faced an almost nonexistent future. My service record stated: 'This officer has no neurotic or psychotic tendencies whatsoever', but also stated, 'permanently disabled physically'.

"And so there came a further blow. I was abandoned by family and friends :violin: as a supposedly hopeless cripple and probable burden on them for the rest of my days."

___________​

And, on 7 March 1965, 'KSW' was published 'Suppressive Acts, Suppression of Scientology and Scientologists, the Fair Game Law':

"A Suppressive person or group becomes 'fair game'.

"By Fair Game is meant, without rights for self, possessions or position, and no Scientologist may be brought before a Committee of Evidence or punished for any action taken against a Suppressive Person or group...

"Suppressive acts are defined as actions or omissions undertaken to knowingly suppress, reduce, or impede Scientology or Scientologists.

"Such suppressive acts include public disavowal of Scientology... public statements against Scientology.

"[Suppressive acts also include] 1st degree murder, arson, disintegration of persons or belongings not [emphasis added] guilty of suppressive acts.

"[Suppressive Persons] place themselves beyond any consideration for their feelings :nazi:or well being...

"The homes, property, places, and abodes of persons who have been active in attempting to suppress Scientology... are all beyond any protection."

_________​

"I can make Napoleon look like a punk." L. Ron Hubbard, from the 'Excalibur' letter of August 1938

And from the 12 February 1967 Policy Letter 'Admin Know-How, the Responsibility of Leaders' -a.k.a. The Bolivar Policy Letter - on the topic of how a subordinate should relate to his "power":

"[The power asks] 'What are those dead bodies doing at the door'. And if you [the subordinate] are clever, you never let it be known HE [the power] killed them - that weakens you and also hurts the power source. 'Well, boss about all those dead bodies, nobody at all will suppose you did it. She over there, those pink legs sticking out, didn't like me'. 'Well', he'll say if he really is a power, 'Why are you bothering me with it if it's done and you did it. Where's my blue ink?...

"...always push power in the direction of anyone on whose power you depend. It may be more money for the power, or more ease, or a snarling defense of the power to the critic, or even the dull thud of one of his enemies in the dark, or the glorious blaze of a whole enemy camp as a birthday surprise...

"...Real powers are developed by tight conspiracies of this kind... and if they are right and also manage their man [the power] and keep him from collapsing from overwork, bad temper or bad data, a kind of juggernaut builds up."

"I am not interested in wog morality. If anyone is getting industrious trying to enturbulate or stop Scientologists or Scientology or its activities, I can make Captain Bligh look like a Sunday School teacher." From the 1969, 'Discipline, SPs, and Admin'

l-ron-hubbard-way1.jpg

Interview with Nancy Many. (At 1:30): "Hubbard hated Paulette Cooper. He hated her and he wanted her destroyed."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY76WHmRlYA&feature=player_embedded

From the Affidavit of Tanja Burden http://www.lisamcpherson.org/burden.htm:

"At the Fort Harrison I remained LRH's personal messenger. I observed LRH control the operation of Scientology in various 'Orgs' worldwide from the Fort Harrison. I coded and decoded messages to and directly from Hubbard. Hubbard used approximately 15 codes at this time to conceal his operations, programs, and policies, which he disseminated worldwide. I personally delivered messages concerning Operation Snow White, Operation Freak Out, and other Scientology secret and illegal operations. I also filed these in Hubbard's personal filing cabinet..."

From an affidavit of Jesse Prince:

"It is incumbent on this and every court to realize the amount of deception, chicanery, lying, manipulation and outright criminality that Scientology will employ to hide the truth about their criminal activities. They will spend any amount of money to do this. I know because I was part of it for years. I received orders to break the law. I issued orders to break the law. I got others to break the law, and then I helped to hide these criminal activities just as they are hiding them now. In fact, the tactic is one of the most coercive used by the Scientology hierarchy: to involve members in criminal acts for which they are then liable, which then prevents the person from speaking out."

______DISGUISE______​

Hubbard's confidential and highly confidential instructions are disguised to varying degrees and in varying ways. Some have "LRH" at the bottom, some only have an "R," some have no name, such as 'Intelligence Actions, Covert Intelligence Data Collection', or 'Intelligence, Its Role', some use code language such as the word "defense" used to mean "protective masking," etc.

There's a certain amount of built-in organizational-"wink wink" going on, and that's one reason why there's so much shouting in Orgs - new staff members who don't get it, and still think that the PR is supposed to be taken seriously, etc. Of course, most Scientologist are *never* supposed to fully get it, that is understand Scientology, which tends to create an air of tension wherever Scientologists are gathered - a few "get it," some kind of get it, most vaguely get some of it, a lot don't get most of it. And each, at his own "level," is necessary for the Scientology operation to continue.

Anyway,

Hubbard also - in confidential and highly confidential writings - would sometimes describe an "enemy tactic" or technique *in great detail*, and it would become obvious - about half way through, that he meant that this was to be *done by Scientologists to* Scientology's enemies.

In fact, Hubbard instructed that "enemy tactics" be used by Scientology in his confidential HCOPL 'Targets, Defense', where he also used the word 'defense' as a euphemism for PR line or misleading buffer.

That way the confidential practice of "use enemy tactics," and the publicized *defense line* of "We break no laws," need not conflict. One is "PR" or "overt," and one is "Intelligence" or "covert."

An example of this is the Branch One Hatting Letter, 'Orgs, Infiltration of', where the importance of limiting information is explained:

"As Scns. we always protect our data. We question carefully, and in detail, anyone calling for data, and we insure that anyone wanting data is a person who is fully authorized to received that data."

The same 'Branch One Hatting Letter' explains:

"As a defensive policy for Scn. we have all our data readily available to anyone who desires it, in our course packs, OEC volumes, and Scn. books."

Scientology is sneaky. :)

iHateDuplicity

Patron with Honors

This has nothing to do with the point of my post, which was obviously missed entirely so let me make myself even more clear.

To the vast "naive" majority of the world, the Catholic church is not an organization that spies on its own members, actively encourages members to report on each other for even the slightest of offenses nor carries out well-organized covert intelligence operations. No former members of the Catholic church have been harassed on video by "Exorcist Busters" nor made to disconnect from their own parents, children and life-long friends because they pissed off the Pope or said that Jesus might not have known what he was talking about.

It is a well-documented fact that Cof$ does all of these things, all of which tie in directly to OSA and its policy of dirty tricks, and the more people know about this, the faster the Cof$ will go down.

Every major religious organization on this planet has blood on its hands. Some of them have so much that it would fill lakes and rivers. Some people hate organized religion for this very reason. We could go on and on and on for hours about the abuses and destruction of any of the major religions. But that doesn't have a damn thing to do with what I was talking about.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
This was in large part what scared me shitless about the Guardian's Office. Back when I was believing that CofS could and would 'take over the World'... Good thing that Scientology turned out to be such a useless crock o' shit!

:yes:

Caroline

Patron Meritorious
Thank you as always Veda, for your helpful analysis and commentary.

It's useful, when reading Hubbard's explanations and instructions, to keep in mind that, confidentially, he instructed Scientologists to "use enemy tactics."

Hubbard sometimes describes "enemy tactics" in great detail, excessive detail. This begins to make sense when it's realized that Hubbard expected to not only protect Scientology from these "enemy tactics," but also to use them on others.

These "enemy tactics" were - and are - used not only on outsiders, but also on Scientologists. An example is covert data collection, which is accomplished by someone adopting the "suitable guise" of a Scientology minister or counselor, then - under the pretense of a "confessional," etc. - collecting data which becomes accessible to the Scientology Intelligence service for any use that serves its ends.[...]

Along these lines, C.I.C. Series No. 1 Description of CIC WW Filing System adds to our knowledge of how Scientology's global intelligence/ counterintelligence system works.

GO 1197 said:
As Bureau I CIC WW is presently converting over to micro-film, it is important that all Guardian Office Information Bureaus are aware of the type of filing system used at World Wide and also are aware of the standards required in reports sent to World Wide.

For that reason a series of Guardian Orders has been written giving a description of our filing system, the micro-film system, and the standards required both for use in the systems and use after the conversion to micro-film.

The first in this series is a description of the CIC Files system at WW. This system is in use presently and will remain in use after the conversion to micro-film. It is as follows:

The filing system is divided into 8 categories:

1. Doubt *
2. Traitor*
3. Enemy*
4. General area
5. General International
6. Enemy International
7. Intell
8. Newspaper Files
(* Does not refer to the Conditions.)

1. DOUBT: A non treacherous Scientologist who comes up in an intell report. These files are used a lot by Branch II. The Doubt files are not filed by country, but are filed alphabetically with the whole world in together, as Scientologists move around a lot.

2. TRAITOR: An ex-Scientologist who has gone to the press or police or to court, or in some way attacked us or harmed Scientology. These are filed alphabetically and by country.

3. ENEMY: An exterior suppressive or his connections, i.e., any person, group, organization, company, government department etc mentioned in an intell report who does not fit into category (1) or (2) above. These are filed by country and alphabetically within the country.

[...]

Last edited:

iHateDuplicity

Patron with Honors
Hubbard's confidential and highly confidential instructions are disguised to varying degrees and in varying ways....There's a certain amount of built-in organizational-"wink wink" going on, and that's one reason why there's so much shouting in Orgs - new staff members who don't get it, and still think that the PR is supposed to be taken seriously, etc. Of course, most Scientologist are *never* supposed to fully get it.... And each, at his own "level," is necessary for the Scientology operation to continue.

I hate to admit this, but even after everything I've been through and seen, I am only now starting to "get it" in regards to what Veda is talking about with LRH "PR Tech". I foolishly actually believed the PR Series PLs were the "tech" of this subject and could not understand at all why the Cof$ was acting the way it was acting in regards to the steady stream of lies and bullsh!t that spews from Karin Bow-Wow as well as the blatant harrassment and attacks on critics.

No regular Scilon would ever believe that OSA would do this sort of thing because it is all directly contrary to what Hubbard said should be done in the "public" PR policies. That's why they reject the videos of the Squirrel Busters and things like that. But I'm seeing for myself now that behind the closed doors, Hubbard was giving quite a different set of instructions.

With recent media about the NSA spying on US citizens and the outrage over that, there is probably some traction to be gained with existing members by showing how OSA is spying on Scilons without them knowing or consenting.