Confirmed: LA Celebrity Center Gala, Saturday, August 25..

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
The "little bird" on this thread lied.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?28155-Celebrity-Centre-Int-Gala-is-Aug-18-2012

I drove by the CC today. It is quiet except for the usual paranoid bike guards. I asked a clerk at the bookstore if she heard of street closures taking place in the area.

She said vendors along Franklin Avenue received notices from the COS that the Gala was taking place on Saturday, August 25, and Bronson & Tamarind Aves would be closed to traffic.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
The "little bird" on that thread is not the author of the OP, but the source of the information posted by the poster.

JimJam

Patron with Honors
A friend just tweeted that the Celebrity Centre is having an event today/tonight.
Asked them more:
" Lots of draping around the greenhouse and what looked like a lighting rig along the wall in front of the UCB."
This was this morning.
They may think something is going on tonight, but this might just be prep for Sat.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
I've confirmed the Gala is on Saturday, August 25th. Doors to the event open at 5:00pm. Valet parking starts at 5:30pm.

Expect protesters at 4:00-4:30pm.

It's also been confirmed that the cult has doubled the number of LAPD officers for this year's event.

Sounds like they're scared of something...