What's new

Confuscious Say...

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Awfully bright guy Confuscious, he and Lao T'zu are some of the best christians I know. He says many things pertinent to Hubbard and his work. The subtlety of these words struck me as worthy to pass on:

"He who acts with constant view to his own advantage will be much murmured against"

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron
A wise man once told me, "...misrepresenting another person's theology is usually held in low regard."

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
A wise man once told me, "...misrepresenting another person's theology is usually held in low regard."

Not bad GL...

Point taken.

However as a Judeochristian Universalist I, like many others, am deeply impressed by the compatibility of the wisdom of Confucious and Lao T'zu with the teachings of the Nazarene. In fact, although "the Golden Rule" doesn't get to Scripture until the New Testament it is attributed to Rabbi Hillel a hundred years earlier and I just recently discovered it verbatim in the sayings of Confucious

Amazing how little known this is in Western Civilization..,

And my apologies to all you (ignorant, pedantic, uptight, kneejerk) christians, daoists and confusionaters who are upset over my relentless and unending heresies

Edwardo

Patron with Honors
And my apologies to all you (ignorant, pedantic, uptight, kneejerk) christians, daoists and confusionaters who are upset over my relentless and unending heresies

Making an insulting fake apology whilst sanctimoniously lecturing about the golden rule: Priceless.

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Edwardo!

Welcome to the conversation!

I think you misunderstood my "apology".

I am sure both Confuscious and Lao T'zu would take stringent exception if they thought I was making them partner to the derived doctrines and dogma of our Xian denominations but insofar as The Nazarene's teachings are of universal nature they dovetail well.

I don't do "pious" and I don't do "sanctimonious"

If you hear sanctimony when listening to my writing, please adjust your headphones.