Consider David Miscavage

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Anyone see the shows on History Channel yesterday on Caligula? Reminded me of dm. Caligula means 'little boots'. So now we have another one, besides Stalin and Hitler, to compare to dm. :biggrin:

Gadfly

Crusader
Anyone see the shows on History Channel yesterday on Caligula? Reminded me of dm. Caligula means 'little boots'. So now we have another one, besides Stalin and Hitler, to compare to dm. :biggrin:

LITTLE BOOTS! :hysterical:

Whereas with Hubbard we had:

BIG BOOTS IN THE SKY

with DM we have:

little boots

There should be a write-up on David Miscavige in psychology books in the chapters that discuss "over-compensation" (for smallness in size) and the Napoleonic complex, especially in regards to psychopatic personalities.

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
If one takes many of Hubbard's ideas out of context, yes, then one might be able to force this vague rule to be true.

What I have found is that there are contradictions between pieces of data and behaviors. Or, while one piece of LRH data might exactly say one thing, an application of another bundle of LRH data might bring about a different outcome. Sure, there are MANY contradictions, but it isn't true "that for every piece of LRH Tech there is an opposite and equal piece of LRH Tech".

**snip**

But, then he designed an organization that makes it impossible to do so. There is no actual "exactly opposite and equal datum" that says to NOT base what is true for you on what you observe, but in the environment of Scn, one is forced to do just that.

I think that these two points sum up, in all seriousness, why the Law of Commotion ends up being an accurate summary of the application of the tech. Of course, the taking of scripture out of context and selective application of scripture are both sacred rites as old as organized religion itself. How else do you explain how you get Unitarians at the one extreme and Westboro Baptists at the other, both relying on the same data?

veda said:
"The next pattern: It's reap and rape. Hubbard would let the reins loose. He'd let people believe they really could get on with it... He'd let people believe they really could prosper to the full extent of their own ability, and enjoy the fruits of their labor.

This pattern sums up the big difference between LRH and DM, imho. I still remember how shocked I was when I googled and read some of the early stories with LRH and the SO. I was appalled - I thought that DM had been the problem.

Well, some time later, another ex who was in the SO during the LRH years explained to me that Marty never met LRH, so Marty's revisionist history couldn't be trusted. OK, but that was still not entirely satisfactory to explain why LRH prospered as a cult leader.

Finally, I read Jeff Hawkins's blog. That was my big A-HA moment in understanding LRH. Yes, he let people succeed and prosper and flourish. But it was always 100% self-serving for him to do so.

YES!! Please share links, dox et al.
This could turn into a great comparison thread between LRH and Miscavige.

:happydance:

there's no comparison. despite weirdness, character flaws and assorted peccadildos elron was quite a guy who lived a riproaring life and produced a powerful body of work

DM has shown some ability as an administrator and knows how to hold power.

he apparently knows nothing of the tech and is screwing it

David C Gibbons

Ex-Scientology Peon
Your responses to my post on Mr. Miscavage

First, thanks to all of you who took the time to read my scribblings. Further thanks to those who took the time to share their thoughts.

Now I'll respond to a few folk's thoughts.

1) @Gadfly - I do not intend to comply with your wishes to provide accurate policy/tech references. I do not intend to provide time/place/form/event-formatted essays, past my set of 'story' posts. Comically, I find that as a officially-declared SP, I prefer to couch my observations in generalities. Ironic, isn't it?

Many others here who have far more familiarity with tech and policy can and do the detailed posting and comparisons of then and now, policy or tech A and B, here and there, LRH and Mr.Miscavage. The service they perform is a vital one, and I honor them for it. I just won't presume to pretend to their level of knowledge, research and analysis.

2) I am instead aiming at the Non-Scientologists , SCN newbies and peons who might get lost in the detailed comparisons of various sections of multiple issues. (Frankly, *I* get lost.) I actually hope to provide some broader perspectives.

3) Why on Earth do I avoid the perjorative language so often used here, you might ask? Why do I just say "Mr. Miscavage"? I feel that some people reading here might enjoy reading a few more posts from another ex-Scientologist that are not obscenity-laden and angry. For people who need angry stuff, they have plenty here to absorb - I am just providing an alternate voice. Anyone certainly has the right to disregard my posts if they are offended due to a lack of vituperation.

I'm not saying anger, rage, fury, vindictiveness are unwarranted in regards to LRH, Scn, the Church, and Mr. Miscavage, I just choose to avoid it myself as I don't deal well with expressing those emotions.

I'll dip back into the message thread, and see if there are any other points I can respond to.

'Elevator' Dave

David C Gibbons

Ex-Scientology Peon
I think there is something VERY 'wrong' with DM's savior complex. It is as if he truly BELIEVES he is going to save the world from itself. ....

Dear Hatshepsut,

If Mr Miscavage believes that, he is heading for a big loss, I fear. Opinion on this board seems to be all over the map on the topic of what he thinks about Scientology as a technology.

For myself, the 'discoveries' of problems with various LRH materials and 'Golden Ages' which force folks to buy re-worked materials and re-do courses at high prices leads me to feel that 'the bridge' is simply a moneymaking tool, in Mr Miscavage's view. I could be completely wrong, but that's the theory I subscribe to presently.

Others here will surely chime in on LRH's view of the bridge, as compared to Mr. Miscavage's.

David C Gibbons

Ex-Scientology Peon
Off to a good start. LRH started the bullying.

"This is the point you first lose me. The methods he employed were bullying, intimidation etc set up by Hubbard. As has been previously posted, where is the policy etc to the contrary?"

ME:
Looking up from the beginning steps of the descent into Scn, people were supposed to be in ARC with each other (You guys stop laughing so hard, you will hurt yourselves!) If there were problems, the Chaplain would help folks work out their differences in a pro-survival fashion (I heard that sniggering back there) Policy, well designed and thought-out, perfect in all aspects, would bring success to all who applied it. Policy-trained and Tech-Trained staff and execs would work together as a smoothly-functioning machine to deliver Scientology to the hungering masses of the world. (who snorted?) Missionaires, of course, come to shine the wisdom of Source upon any roadblocks in the way of planetary clearing. (Ooh,look how the tea came right out of that person's nose! Don't drink tea and laugh.)

Now, what place does screaming, intimidation, threats, violence, or coercion have in that vision? (Apparently quite a lot, but that was only discovered later on by many of us.)

"OT powers do not exist."

ME
I did not intend to validate or invalidate OT powers here - I am just wondering aloud about what Mr. Miscavage thinks about them in his heart of hearts. Ditto for wondering what he truly thinks about the 'tech'.

"Are you suggesting DM is the victim of abuse? I think you may need to do a locational."

ME:
Whoops, let me reiterate my point: He gets a lot of abuse heaped on him by people online, such as in this very Board. I doubt he feels victimized by it, but who knows?

"Um. No. Just no. I'm not sure whether you are aware of some of the things that go on in Scientology."

ME:
Sir, my marriage, my financial future, my family, and my life were ruined because of my involvement in the Church. Please don't assume that I am unaware of the madness and criminality that is the Church of Scientology.

"...someone else may be no better or worse. These are equal and opposite statements. I am not seeing a coherent argument here."

ME:
I'm not trying to make a coherent argument: I am just stating an opinion based on my understanding of human power structures and Corporations. Unless the Corporate structure of Scn is shredded, there is a LOT of money to be grabbed by whoever can get control of the...what word to use....system.

"Finally we agree on something. Every point of attack should be considered. You must admit, though, taking down Miscavige may well end Scientology. Few cults survive the death of their leader and I don't think Scientology will have another change of guard. I don't think he should be the only target, but I don't see any reason to neglect going after him."

ME:
I nod to you in agreement.

Last edited:

David C Gibbons

Ex-Scientology Peon
Well, ummm, actually, while that idea is nice, "that for every piece of LRH Tech there is an opposite and equal piece of LRH Tech", it isn't exactly true, and it is a sort of generality.

BIG SNIP

The realm of grasping these various contradiction is complex, and Hubbard made it that way - probably intentional, as part of his system of entrapment. It really gets a person wrapped up in convoluted thinkingness.

Gadfly,

As I look back on it, the disconnect between what was said and what was actually done/happening was so large that newbies simply couldn't grasp the enormity of the wrongnesses. We knew we were being mistreated sometimes, but we didn't connect the dots until we were in too deep. (At least the stupid ones like me.)

I think of the old saw about the frog dropped into the pot of comfy water which is then SLOWLY brought up to a boil....I only hopped out once I had lost almost everything. Some never made it out.

Gadfly

Crusader
Gadfly,

As I look back on it, the disconnect between what was said and what was actually done/happening was so large that newbies simply couldn't grasp the enormity of the wrongnesses. We knew we were being mistreated sometimes, but we didn't connect the dots until we were in too deep. (At least the stupid ones like me.)

I think of the old saw about the frog dropped into the pot of comfy water which is then SLOWLY brought up to a boil....I only hopped out once I had lost almost everything. Some never made it out.

I guess I was "lucky". I joined the Sea Org in 1977, and I saw SO MUCH LUNACY in less than six months that I routed out within a few years. It was a veritable parade of endless idiocies. For me, the water was NOT a "slow boil". So, I jumped out as it quickly got hot. To me, it was completely unbelievable that these people were (supposed to be) an example of an "advanced civilization" and "advanced people".

I hung around, mainly on the further edges, because I liked my early auditing, and my family were still in the Sea Org. I never was quite convinced enough to mortgage my house, borrow excessively from family, etc. I suppose, I just could never be "fully dedicated", and the real "die-hard gung-ho hard-sellers" always rubbed me the wrong way. I just wanted some auditing once in awhile - all the rest of it - this event, that briefing, this OT Committee Meeting, that book campaign. NO INTEREST! :puke2:

I know what you mean though. No matter how bright and perceptive anyone might be, it takes time to get enough familiar with all the different aspects of the subject and behaviors of Scientology to get an accurate feeling of what WRONG might be going on. Plus, it is designed to TRICK and DECEIVE, and it was designed that way by a pretty damned good deceiver.

Again, I guess I was lucky in that I could never comfortably wear the "I am a Scientologist" badge. It was all a bit too "confining" for me. I liked some of it, and I disliked a great deal more - even early on. But then again, I saw the crap up-close and personal in the Sea Org! I can see that org staff and public would have a much longer runway to realizing that "something isn't quite right here". :duh:

Now, people who join and STAY in the Sea Org . . . . I am utterly incapable of understanding what passes through their minds. I can't grasp how they can put up with the endless nonsense, remain blind to it, ignore it, deny it, and continue to imagine that they are "salvaging planet earth".

Xenu's Boyfriend

Silver Meritorious Patron
David,

I've appreciated your posts and I have to admit, I haven't read all the responses here yet, but I have to say, while I see your point, I think it is important to remember that while pathological behavior abounds throughout the organization, and I feel, is part of its very foundation, COB is a sociopath and bully, who continues to cause destruction for anyone who he feels threatens his power, or is weaker than him. From the narratives I've read (full disclosure: I have never been a member of the church) I really believe he gets pleasure or an addictive/orgasmic release from causing pain/humiliating others. Reading the testimonies of Jeff Hawkins, Amy Scobee, Marc Headley, and the testimony of Debbie Cook, Mike Rinder and Marty Rathbun, it is clear, he revels in the degradation of the human spirit. He will not stop because of an act of conscience. He is a psychopath.

Of course, the Nazi Party couldn't have thrived without a lot of help on many levels, but there was still one leader who carried the blueprint, who gave the speeches, orders, and had the vision. Ideal Orgs, Golden Age of Tech, and many other ideas, I believe come from DM's own megalomania, greed and need for power, from the template that LRH set. (I'm not entirely convinced that LRH was a sociopath. I think he was a pathological narcissist and liar, deeply insecure, greedy, and, by the end of his life, paranoid schizophrenic.)

So, while I appreciate that DM was once a victim of LRH and the church, I believe that his behavior is extremely evil and will probably only be stopped through public humiliation, prison or his own self-destruction. As long as he has people doing his bidding, he will continue to abuse. No matter what addition abuses occur within the church, DM is accountable for everything as the churches' leader, until he changes the tone. He is fully responsible. Period.

omnom

Patron with Honors
Re: Your responses to my post on Mr. Miscavage

3) Why on Earth do I avoid the perjorative language so often used here, you might ask? Why do I just say "Mr. Miscavage"? I feel that some people reading here might enjoy reading a few more posts from another ex-Scientologist that are not obscenity-laden and angry.

Besides taking the higher ground, it helps other people to find this stuff. If you use "Mr. Miscavige", you're going to get more eyes on it from a basic web search than "slappy" or any other silly term.

Besides the obvious namecalling, it actually has benefit to using the proper names and terms - leave the dollar signs out of Scn, spell out names, and you're more likely to gain the eyes of those not already ingrained in a new language.

Veda

Sponsor
It's funny to watch Rathbun trying to convince people that Hubbard didn't care about money.

Usually a quote from Hubbard belittling the importance of money is presented, overlooking the discomforting fact that Hubbard was telling this to people whom he was busy convincing should give their (unimportant) money to him.

Similarly, quotes are presented of Hubbard belittling, to Scientologists, the idea of the acquisition of property, omitting that many of these same Scientologists would then, not soon thereafter, be told to sell their property so as to buy Scientology (or convince others to do such), where they would be purchasing something far more important than unimportant material things: immortality and spiritual freedom and spiritual power.

It also overlooks the tiny detail that Hubbard went on a major property-buying binge throughout the 1970s, and with money obtained from Scientologists largely through the fraudulent promise of "OT," and by Hard Sell, a high pressure selling technique used in Scientology orgs since the 1960s - although, examination of old 'Aberree' magazines (1954 -1964) indicates that "Tone 40"- money grubbing was part of Scientology from the very beginning.

A few items. There are many more:

Excerpt from a 1986 interview with David Mayo (Ex Scientologist, Class XII and former Senior C/S International):

"He told me he was obsessed with an insatiable lust for power and money. He said it very emphatically. He thought it wasn't possible to get enough. He didn't say it as if it was a fault, just his frustration that he couldn't get enough."

And an excerpt from Cowboy (a former "Commodore's Messenger")* , from a 25 August 2012 ESMB post:

"You should have seen the old man's eyes light up when Mike [Douglas, Kima's husband] showed up with a handful of diamonds which Hubbard had directed him to purchase. Boy, Hubbard was almost as excited as when he saw the bag so filled with Krugerrands he could hardly lift it. Nothing like good old material goods to make a man salivate... get those old spiritual juices flowing."

Both the above excerpts concern the period of 1978/1979.

* In the 1960s, L. Ron Hubbard made himself the Commodore, and began using children (mostly girls, ages 12 and up) as his servants. These were not ordinary servants, but, absolute servants to a cult leader who had taught his followers that he was the most important person, not only on the planet, but in the galaxy.

To this day, Hubbard's de facto enslavement of children, as his servants, in a heavily mind-controlled milieu, with himself as the ultimate V.I.P., is regarded with fondness, as "the good old days," by Scientologists, both inside and outside the "CofS."

By the way, although it's fine here, this post was meant for the 'Reformation' thread, and I'll add it there. :)

Veda

Sponsor
The below items are re-posts, and I've just copied them here, and added a few links. There are, I think, a few short quotes that may have already appeared on this thread, so my apologies for that:

Scientology "policy" is a bit of of ruse, although it is taken very seriously, and is often implemented; it's also often ignored by those in higher positions, who seem to be following other instructions than whatever particular policy the exasperated staff or Sea Org member has tightly gripped in his hand, wondering WTF?

There are Hubbard instructions that trump (are senior to) "policy." It's always been that way. This is one of the reasons why there is so much tension and so much shouting inside Scientology - the tension between the on-display available-to-the-public-for-view "policy," with the confidential not-available-to-the-public-view "policy," with the available-to--view-by-average-Sea-Org-members Sea Org "policy," with Hubbard's confidential instructions, nowadays labelled as "advices."

This is perplexing to the average Scientologist who has been told that "there is no hidden data line," which is, and always was, untrue. This is, and always was, a hidden data line.

Hubbard - on some level - wanted Scientologists to recognize this, or at least he felt a need to brag about it in a round-about way, when he wrote the ("Pink Legs") 'Bolivar Policy Letter', where, tacked onto the end, he explains how a successful operation will run best as a deceitful and secretive "tight conspiracy." And this was an extraordinary up-front statement, as it was in publicly accessible (in the Green Volumes) "policy."

There were plenty of examples of physical abuse originating from Hubbard, the Source of planetary enlightenment and salvation, but Sea Org members were often numb to it, not seeing it as physical abuse, since, most of the time, Hubbard, the Commodore, was not walking around overtly slapping people. "Commodores" usually don't slap people.

Even before Scientology, the violent "smash" mentality appears to have been present. Hubbard's first wife wrote of physical abuse, as did his second, however, according to court records, his second wife was also subjected to a combination of physical and mental abuse. In addition to that is an account from old timer John Sanborn:

"Early on, before the divorce, he [Hubbard] made this stupid attempt to get Sara brainwashed so she'd do what he said. He kept her sitting up in a chair, denying her sleep, trying to use black dianetics principles on her, repeating over and over again wherever he wanted her to do, things like, 'Be his wife, have a family that looks good, not have a divorce'."

As for Hubbard's third wife, there's no record of any physical abuse; she was abused in a different way.

It is somewhat odd that the primary complaint about Scientology, for some, seems to have become that its current dictator slaps and punches people.

Nevertheless, Jesse Prince, former senior Sea Org executive, had this to say regarding Hubbard's instructions to spit and slap as punishment. Even then it was mixed with a psychological element, "Tell him that it was from Ron."

"To make a long story short, I read an advice from L. Ron to Miss Cabbage ordering him to spit in John's [Aczel's] face, and tell him that it was from Ron. Miss Cabbage complied with his order and reported the result. I saw the advice that came back to the compliance report of spitting in John face, and L. Ron was very pleased to hear the news, and escalate the situation by suggesting that someone should slap the hell out of John... Similar degrading actions were taken with David Mayo, and this soon spread to others deemed SPs..."

Further, according to Jesse Prince, from 1999:

"Miscavige is continuing to carry out LRH's orders...

"...Miscavige is doing his best to forward Command Intention, which is contained in the huge [confidential] LRH orders database of the INCOMM computer system of Scientology..."
http://www.ezlink.com/~perry/CoS/Theology/jesse.htm

John McMaster, "the world's first real Clear," interviewed in 1985, referring to the mid 1960s:

"He [Hubbard] got the technology to the point where he had a sort of assembly line as he called it. And he told me how he was putting all these 'square ball bearings' on the beginning of the assembly line, and then turning them into 'round ball bearings' at the other end. That was his idea of 'standard tech'."

McMaster went on to describe being made a galley hand by (then, Commodore) Hubbard, adding, "Hubbard wanted to break me." Hubbard declared McMaster a Suppressive Person in 1969.

Following are a few of many examples of where cruelty in Scientology originated:

First, an excerpt from Russell Miller's interview of David Mayo, Class XII, from August 1986.

This excerpt concerns events from the late 1960s:

"He [Hubbard] could be capable of incredible cruelty. On the ship there was an old man on the Royal Scotman who he made push a peanut round the decks with his nose. He had to get down on his hands and knees, he had to go round the deck, quite a long distance in a race with one or two others also in trouble. The first one back got let off and the last one got a double penalty.

"It was really tough on this old guy, Charlie Reisdorf. The surface of the deck was very rough wood, prone to splinter, so after pushing peanuts with their noses, they all had raw, bleeding noses, leaving a trail of blood behind them. I not only saw it but the entire crew of the ship was mustered - a mandatory attendance - we were required to watch this punishment, to make an example of it for the rest of us. Reisdorf was in his late 50s probably. His two daughters were messengers, they were 11 or 12 at time and his wife was there also.

"It was hard to say which was worse to watch: this old guy with a bleeding nose or his wife and kids sobbing and crying at being forced to watch this. Hubbard was standing there calling the shots, yelling, 'Faster, Faster!'. It was indignity, degradation and breaking a person's will, and making people watch. It was disgusting...

"They used to have people locked in the chain locker, including small children. It was very dangerous because if the anchor started to slip and started running out, it would probably turn a body into a pulp in no time at all...

"He [LRH] had a birthday party on March 13, 1968; there was a woman who he ordered locked in the chain locker. During the party he had brought her out. She was filthy, covered with dirt and rust, and had not been allowed to wash or change clothes - she had been in there for a week... he brought her out to the party. He said he was giving her a reprieve and permitting her to come to the party, as if that was a nice gesture. She wasn't allowed to change. She was brought to the party and had to stay, and later was returned [to the chain locker]... it was flaunting her degradation...

"Why did people stand by?...

"From time to time, Hubbard would cancel such activities like the chain locker, and blame it on someone else... He would start such pronouncements with, 'It has just come to my attention...'

"The length of time for children would vary, but no one was less than a day...

"Reisdorf [peanut pushing] affair - if someone tried to do something, it would have made it worse. Hubbard said that maritime law prevailed... He said that under maritime law, he had total power over everyone on the vessel..."

And one brief excerpt concerning events from the late 1970s:

"He told me he was obsessed with an insatiable lust for power and money. He said it very emphatically. He thought it wasn't possible to get enough. He didn't say it as if it was a fault, just his frustration that he couldn't get enough."

And this from Alan Walter, Clear number 8, from a 2007 post:

"...Ron had Julia Salmon thrown overboard... Julia was [in her fifties], terribly overweight, and could not swim.

"The people who threw her overboard struggled to get her over the side; she was terrified; she kept crying out "I cannot swim!" On her way down she hit the side of the ship - I could hear her screams - it was obvious she was injured and drowning.

"The people on the deck all stood around too afraid to do anything. Fearing to originate any action less the become the target of LRHs displeasure.

"I ran and jumped over the side and rescued her. I then pulled her over to the ladder that led up to the ground level of the dock........it was about 20 feet straight up. She could not climb the steps. I had my shoulders under her butt pushing her up..... no one still had come to help.......but at the top of that ladder stood LRH filming us.....such evil.......

"Anyway after an immense struggle with Julia's help I was able to push her up to the top of the ladder....finally some help arrived.

"Over the years the unthinkable thought pushed forward more and more....it was 'that I observe that LRH was demonic at that time'. I did not want to know that, did not want to believe that.......that was too incredible to be believed - even for me - I did the usual make nothing of myself....'you're seeing things' 'what do you know' 'you've got overts' - much easier to blame self than confront what is..."

Has Miscavige watched Hubbard's overboard films? It wouldn't be surprising if he has.

On the topic of abortions in Scientology: the 'Forced abortions & the Apollo' thread: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?28339-Forced-abortions-amp-the-Apollo-1968

In 1952, during his much heralded 'Philadelphia Doctorate Course'. Hubbard was giving instructions and "scripture" denigrating the importance of family, and gleefully announcing abortions "at will," through psycho-kinetic OT abilities - "just make sure the tube opens," etc.

There were also Hubbard instructions in the from of confidential orders, which are now confidential "scripture." (See above link.)

Note: Hubbard's, often quoted by PR people, comments on abortion, in 1950 Dianetics, were about attempted (unsuccessful) abortions.

If any of this seems confusing see the Scientological Onion http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?2697-Table-of-Contents-Psychopolitics-revisited, and Hubbard's Law of Commotion. :)

And, finally...

Excerpts from the 20 June 1984 findings of Judge Breckenridge. Judge Breckenridge had just completed the hearing of testimony, and an extensive examination of Scientology documents:

"As indicated by its factual findings, the court finds the testimony of Gerald and Joycelyn Armstrong, Laurel Sullivan, Nancy Dincalcis, Edward Walters, Omar Garrison, Kima Douglas, and Howard Schomer to be credible, extremely persuasive... In all critical and important matters their testimony was precise, accurate and rang true...

"Each has broken with the movement for a variety of reasons, but at the same time, each is still bound by the knowledge that the Church has in its possession his or her own most inner thoughts and confessions, all recorded in 'pre-clear' folders, or other security files of the organization, and that the Church or its minions is fully capable of physical intimidation, or other physical or psychological abuse if it suits their ends. The record is replete with evidence of such abuse.

"In addition to violating and abusing its own members' civil rights, the organization over the years with its 'Fair Game' doctrine has harassed and abused those persons not in the Church whom it perceives as enemies.

"The organization clearly is schizophrenic and paranoid, and this bizarre combination seems to be a reflection of its founder LRH. The evidence portrays a man who has been virtually a pathological liar when it comes to his history, background and achievements.

"The writings and documents in evidence additionally reflect his egotism, greed, avarice, lust for power, and vindictiveness and aggressiveness against persons perceived by him to be disloyal or hostile.

"At the same time it appears that he is charismatic and highly capable of motivating, organizing, controlling, manipulating, and inspiring his adherents...

"Obviously, he is and was a very complex person, and that complexity is further reflected in his alter-ego, the Church of Scientology. Notwithstanding protestations to the contrary, this court is satisfied that LRH runs the Church in all ways, through the Sea Organization, his role as Commodore, and the Commodore's Messengers.

"He has, of course, chosen to go into 'seclusion', but he maintains contact and control through his top messengers.

"Seclusion has its light and dark side too. It adds to his mystique, and yet shields him from accountability and subpoena and service of summons.

"LRH's wife, Mary Sue Hubbard, is also a plaintiff herein. On the one hand she certainly appeared to be a pathetic individual. She was forced from her post as Controller, convicted and imprisoned as a felon, and deserted by her husband..."

I think DM learned everything he heeded to know about how to run the Cult and be a ruthless bastard who uses people for his own gain and then discards them from serving at Ron's knee as a CMO. He was raised in the SO and has been at INT for most of his life. Truly living in a Scientology bubble and by now, quite possibly as insane as Ron ended up being. :no: Sad, really.

David C Gibbons

Ex-Scientology Peon
Re: Your responses to my post on Mr. Miscavage

Besides taking the higher ground, it helps other people to find this stuff. If you use "Mr. Miscavige", you're going to get more eyes on it from a basic web search...

I hadn't thought of that, many thanks! I'll use 'David Miscavage' henceforth, and 'Ron Hubbard'