What's new

Consultant Advice?

Jquepublic

Silver Meritorious Patron
This came up in another thread and I've been Googling for an hour trying to find something on them, to no avail.

Panda studied something as a Sea Org Missionaire called Consultant Advices and suggested that some of the posters here might have some good info on what these contained. These policies - ahem Advices - superceded policy? Can you remember the subject matter, or better yet, is anyone sitting on these issues and can share them?

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
This came up in another thread and I've been Googling for an hour trying to find something on them, to no avail.

Panda studied something as a Sea Org Missionaire called Consultant Advices and suggested that some of the posters here might have some good info on what these contained. These policies - ahem Advices - superceded policy? Can you remember the subject matter, or better yet, is anyone sitting on these issues and can share them?

Here is an example of advises regarding Cadet org.

Children in CoS #7
1 post by 1 author in alt.religion.scientology
3/5/99
Subject: Children in CoS #7
Author: Andreas Heldal-Lund <[email protected]>
Date: 1997/12/28

* This is a serie to show how children are treated in *
* the Church of Scientology. This is factual, text is *
* scanned from CoS documents by me. Some text had to *
* be re-typed due to bad quality, errors could occur. *
* http://www.xenu.net/ Andreas Heldal-Lund *

SEA ORGANIZATION

CMO ED _411_ 29 AUGUST 1979

ALL PAC STAFF (Blue on Blue)

_RE - CADET ORG_

The following are some Consultant Advices which are for the
Cadet Org and which are to be known and followed by all staff:

1. "No order to a child or about a child must be permitted to
go off lines. Parents must pass any order not to the child
but through the CO Cadets who may alter or cut it if off
pgm." (Consultant)

2. "Any discipline goes through the Cadet Org HAS and MAA. Any
Comm Ev is committee'd only by children" (Consultant)

3. "Make it known to the children that any act of vandalism,
theft or out-ethics or any crime committed by a child will
be immediately followed by placing that child in the RPF
under severe restrictions." (Consultant)

By following these, the Cadet Org will be allowed to be able
to hold the form of an org and thereby be able to produce its
products of:

A. "Completed successful Cadet Missions that eliminate undesire-
able conditions in PAC" (Consultant)
B. "Competent and well trained children who are a credit to
the SO and are resources and valuable personnel assets."
(Consultant)

Steve Crivello
MCOS I/C

Approved by
MSN OPS CMO PAC

for the
BOARDS OF DIRECTORS
of the
CHURCHES OF SCIENTOLOGY
BDCS:SN:SC:cej

[END OF CULT DOCUMENT]

Yours faithfully, Andreas Heldal-Lund - Adm. TOXE CXI
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/alt.religion.scientology/xYwsfa_fg9U

Here is a copy of the original
http://www.trans4mind.com/clearing/...t/scn/sea-org/flag-orders/CMOED.19790829.html

Scientology 'Flag Order' C GO ED 12 - 10 Dec 1979 : Fountain, H.I., and Wilcox night scenes:
http://www.trans4mind.com/clearing/...t/scn/sea-org/flag-orders/CGOED.19791210.html

Scientology 'Flag Order' CMO ED 370 - 3 Aug 1979 : Important Cadet Estates Org handlings:
http://www.trans4mind.com/clearing/...t/scn/sea-org/flag-orders/CMOED.19790803.html

Veda

Sponsor
'advices' ? :duh:

:eyeroll:

Especially after the FBI raids of July 1977, Hubbard became very concerned with concealing his control of Scientology.

Even before that, when issuing sensitive orders, he would sometimes conceal, or cloud, his authorship. Below is an example, showing the first and last page of a document:

datacol1.gif

datacol5.gif

'Consultant Advices' appear to be excerpts from Hubbard's 'Advices', used when showing the entire Hubbard 'Advice' is judged to be inappropriate.

Veda

Sponsor
And who is this "HAT' that actually does the extracting of the excerpts?

Hat? It's been occurring in Scientology since day one. Hubbard wrote long rambling dissertations sometimes covering many topics. It's not always appropriate to show to everyone, so one person, or "public," or Org dept, is given one snippet and another person, "public," or Org dept is shown another snippet, all in accordance with Hubbard's instructions on running a secretive "tight conspiracy," and his earlier instructions on "dissemination of material."

Don't worry. All of Hubbard's wisdom is preserved in the voluminous LRH archives, including his alcohol-enhanced middle-of-the-night sound-recorder dictations for the 1950s "Basic Books," and his many 1970s and 1980s 'Advices', in complete form, including his instructions on punching people and spitting in their faces.

Our future is assured. The wisdom of Hubbard is preserved. :)

Plausible deniability... for all the criminal actions of others taken on one's own behalf, and done under orders from the Cult leadership... :no:

TG1

Angelic Poster
Gawd, what stupid shit (the CS-G above) is.

Paranoia. Made-up baloney. Delusional. Just plain nuts!

TG1

Gadfly

Crusader
I remember seeing "R Advices" appear in about 1979 while at FOLO EUS. I was on the post of Flag Rep EUS and had all the Flag Reps in the Class IV orgs under me. Also, I hat the hat of "filtering" ANY order that was sent down into an org on any channel. Thus, all orders from the CO FLEUS to EDs of orgs, and from the LRH Comm FLEUS to the LRH Comms of the orgs, passed through me.

My job was to make sure that the orders were in alignment with and did no contradict or distract from the TOP RON ADVICES of the time period.

Now, I was never told that he had gone off the lines due to legal reasons, and that he was still covertly running all of Scientology. We were all told the PR story that Hubbard wanted some free time to do "upper level research" and that management was finally picking up the ball wearing the hat that he had been wearing for so long running Sceintology. Some might have known the truth, for example in the CMO at FOLO, but us regular Sea Org staff were never told that. We were told that Ron REALLY WAS off the lines, and that out of the goodness of his big caring heart that he wrote these advices to HELP US ALL expand our orgs.

There were 6 or 7 telexes that were stapled to a piece of paper. They were each signed L=R (love = Ron). They weren't very long, and there was one for Div 6, one for HCO, one for the Exec division, etc. These were re-written as programs, and at the time Org EDs were being pushed HARD to write MINI-PROGRAMS to get every point of every advice implemented.

The Org Flag Reps were ordered (via programs) to walk with the ED through the org, do quick observations, and to ON THE SPOT write a mini-program that would implement a point of the appropriate advice. I was in an org a few years later as a Flag Rep, and the ED HATED it that I had to basically follow her around making sure she did her job. Both of us with clipboards in hand! :puke2:

There must be somebody out there who remembers or even has COPIES of these "advices"?

When I was posted in the FSC office on Flag in 1984, there was also at least one advice for the FSO. There may have been more, but these were kept on TOP management lines ONLY, and pushed down the appropriate section of the appropriate org. There was one that was relayed to all regges, because it was used as a "reg tool" on Flag. It basically stated:

Get those Clears up through OT III now. Get the OT IIIs up through NOTs. Get the NOTs comps onto OT VII. And, get them all paid for OT VIII, IX and X. They are going to have to come back no matter how high they get, so light a fire under them NOW.

I always remember the line that "they will have to come back no matter what". It was clear that one would NOT be "free of the cycle of pain and death" at these high OT levels, but also, that one NEEDED the additional levels to do so (THAT was implied and NOT said).

These were all signed "L=R".

I remember being on telex lines at FOLO EUS in 1977-78 and while I wasn't supposed to know this, I had a friend in the telex room, and also, sometimes the telex operator would FORGET to "decode" some of the telexes. They were all sent in complex code for security reasons and each telex room had the "key to the code". There were names like "king", "queen", "princess" and others used for Hubbard, Mary Sue, Jane Kember and others. It was kept quiet and hidden that Hubbard was relaying orders.

There was also a fellow on a post called RONY (relay org NY?) and his job was to get stuff to Hubbard - fruit from Florida and all sorts of things. Again the regular staff were NEVER told anything about where he was. But this ONE GUY knew.:confused2:

Secrecy in the Sea Org was and is just like the CIA. It is multi-layered and compartmentalized. And different segments within the organization are fed different PR stories. The truth is that most staff had no idea what was REALLY going on. That is as true today as it was then.

Jquepublic

Silver Meritorious Patron
Wow, thanks for the answers, all good info. I was never SO so this is all new to me. So these advices were Hubbard's method of covert management while he was offlines? And Gadfly did I understand correctly that instead of insuring the advices conformed to policy, you had to ensure that whatever policy was being used conformed to the advices? Or did I totally get that wrong?

Surely someone has copies of these things!

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Surely someone has copies of these things!

They were never issued en bloc, or as an official issue type. Especially as they were essentially illegal, Hubbard being officially off management lines since 1966 (ho ho).

They were all compiled and available on SIR (Source Information Retrieval), the electronic files of all words Hubbard. But SIR contained about 20 libraries (1 library for tech-volume-level HCOBs, 1 library for non-confidential HCO PLs, 1 library for books, more than 1 for tape transcripts, etc etc). The more senior the echelon you were in, the more libraries you got access to. I never saw an advices library, but I assume several exist, divided into categories. And there are probably some so hot that they only exist on paper.

Anyway, that is why you don't see PDFs of these floating around online.

Paul

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Yes, indeed. Hence my original comment which perked JQ's interest. Discussing the Confidential State of Clear HCOB, I said; 'It's one of those tight-held things in the CofS like "Consultant" Advice, now them I'd LOVE to see published!'

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
"Consultant Advice" and "Consultant Advices" are the equivalent to what were "LRH Orders", "LRH Directives", "LRH Briefings" and every utterance during most of my Era around Hisself.

Face:)

Last edited:

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Thanks, Face, the particular series of Consultant Advice I was privy to concerned LRH's views on the worthiness of FOLO ANZO as regards Flag support of the SO Base here. The commentary was bitingly uncomplimentary ("carpingly critical", even) of ANZO's SO personnel and would never have been intended for any kind of general consumption. They were undated, as far as I recall, but I studied them in '81 as part of a Mission Briefing. Seeing them was quite an unnerving experience for me and, looking back on it, I'm surprised that it didn't do more to shake my belief in Hubbard's "awesomeness".

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Especially after the FBI raids of July 1977, Hubbard became very concerned with concealing his control of Scientology.

Even before that, when issuing sensitive orders, he would sometimes conceal, or cloud, his authorship. Below is an example, showing the first and last page of a document:

*snip Hubbard's verbose gibberish*

'Consultant Advices' appear to be excerpts from Hubbard's 'Advices', used when showing the entire Hubbard 'Advice' is judged to be inappropriate.

Oh my. Thanks for that bit there Veda :thumbsup:

I still chuckle @ LRon's mangling of english language, (especially cringe-worthy are his made up words), and that nobody caught that the plural for 'advice' is, ta-ta!, 'advice'. Way to go word-clearers!:lol::lol::lol:

(yes, I've been known to be easily amused :p )

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks, Face, the particular series of Consultant Advice I was privy to concerned LRH's views on the worthiness of FOLO ANZO as regards Flag support of the SO Base here. The commentary was bitingly uncomplimentary ("carpingly critical", even) of ANZO's SO personnel and would never have been intended for any kind of general consumption. They were undated, as far as I recall, but I studied them in '81 as part of a Mission Briefing. Seeing them was quite an unnerving experience for me and, looking back on it, I'm surprised that it didn't do more to shake my belief in Hubbard's "awesomeness".

Yep.:thumbsup: I've Posted before on ESMB about the Top Secret/Highly Confidential CommodeDoor Breifings and Conferences on the Apollo and the tapes from them. I heard a bunch of them and sat in on some. Nasty, vile, mean spirited and untrue stuff about a whole bunch of good, decent and selfless Folks.:angry:

Last edited:

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
There was also a fellow on a post called RONY (relay org NY?) and his job was to get stuff to Hubbard - fruit from Florida and all sorts of things. Again the regular staff were NEVER told anything about where he was. But this ONE GUY knew.:confused2:

RONY (Relay Office New York) historically had the hat of getting communications (primarily physical mail) from one confidential place to another, via NY. For example, if the GO wanted to get mail from UK or EU to Flag (when Flag's location was still supposed to be confidential), they would send it from a dummy originator in UK to a dummy corporation recipient in NY. RONY would pick up the packages at the airport, and then arrange for them to be shipped down to Tampa. The RONY unit (sometimes a group, sometimes one guy depending on the period) would be based in FLEUS but not answerable to FLEUS.

During the ship days, RONY had the additional hat of relaying messages to LRH. If the ship was out of communication, they would occasionally answer the message themselves as proxies for Ron.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
"Consultant Advice" and "Consultant Advices" are the equivalent to what were "LRH Orders", "LRH Directives", "LRH Briefings" and every utterance during most of my Era around Hisself.

As others have noted, LRH had a problem wherein he could not afford to have it be seen that he was running Scn (and thus be held personally responsible for Scn's actions). Accordingly, he tried to mask his involvement as much as possible. "Consultant advices" (where everybody knew the "consultant" was ron, but try proving that in court) were one vehicle for exerting that control.

Another vehicle was the CMO. Policy was that the utterance of a Commodore's Messenger was to be treated as though it came from Ron. Often, the Messenger WAS relaying orders from Ron, but in a manner which masked the fact from the legal system, should it ever come to that.

As time went by, Ron was operating more and more like a Mafia Don: never put on paper (or on an easily-tapped communications line) something which can be relayed by a subordinate. Never have the subordinate reveal where the order really came from.

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron

Great post as usual, Gadfly.:thumbsup:

"RONY"...Relay Office New York. That's the place El Ron's Prime Dry Aged Steaks from Balducci's were shipped out of on ice...never frozen...and other gourmet goodies Hisself and Family dinned on whilst the Crew ate depending upon Port, Era, Conditions, Org, Posts and Rank everything from fairly good food sometimes to absolute ghastly slop.:angry:

Face :)

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Yep.:thumbsup: I've Posted before on ESMB about the Top Secret/Highly Confidential CommodeDoor Breifings and Conferences on the Apollo and the tapes from them. I heard a bunch of them and sat in on some. Nasty, vile, mean spirited and untrue stuff about a whole bunch of good, decent and selfless Folks.:angry:

When I was at Flag Bureaux, the CMO had us listen to one of those tapes. LRH said some very uncomplimentary things about Class IV Org staff to the Sea Org audience.

This did not have the effect on me that the CMO intended. Having been Org staff, and now hearing what LRH really thought of us, my (unvoiced) thought was "If THIS is what he says about Org staff behind their backs to Sea Org, then what is he saying about US to CMO?"

It was one more straw on the camel's back.