What's new

Conversation with ANON today...

marjan

Patron with Honors
ANON: "Excuse my ignorance, and I am due no favours - but - would some German/English bi-lingual germanon please take the time to give me their opinion about Mark from their perspective. Being on the other side of the planet, I am not up with the culture buzz in your country. Was Mark a "big star", was he a local A-Lister or . . .

I don't know very much about Mark except that he fronted a scilon PR-caper involving "human rights" and came to the attention of anti-cult protesters who promptly directed action against him to highlight how OSA operates via the "celeb" market. Mark, personally, was collateral damage to some extent but he does appear to have been seriously butthurt financially and emotionally. He has subsequently removed himself from involvement with the cult and has reinvented himself as a multi-talented artist who has written a book and he's now on a media-tour to promote the book. Just judging by his comments on ESMB, Mark is being very careful and specific about what he says in relation to the protagonists involved. My inner critic says "Mark is applying KSW Standard Victim Tech" and leveraging his moment in the spotlight to maximise how much he suffered at the hands of those evil protesters. " . . . Methinks the lady protests too much . . ."

That's the 2% speaking.

From an aspirational viewpoint, way up the scale, wouldn't it be fantastic to see Mark say:
" The Church Of Scientology is an international organised crime syndicate and I am involved in an investigation of the cult by Interpol."
Should I put money on the latter? "

-------------------------------------------------------------
My Answer:

Hello XXX... Was I big star? I was about to become one when everything exploded.
I was making big $$$, lots of attention and having a great time.
That all came to an abrupt end.

If you think "the lady protests too much . . . " you have not read my book.

As to appllying KSW Standard Victim Tech, that's a crock of s*&t...
I have written off having any kind of big career.
In fact, I hardly sing any more.
I wrote my book for my children, so they know what really happened.
(long story behind that).
I wrote this book to clear my name.

I had been slandered and publicly humilated for 15 years.
If you think that's fun, just try it some time.
If you think it's funny to go onstage with death threats and constantly
need police protection just to sing, do it some time.

I have invested my last Euros into getting this book on to the market.
My chances of earning even a cent on it are slim to none... with the exception
that it turns into a best seller.

As to your aspirational viewpoint I can only say... don't count on it.

SCN and my connection to that group has already eaten the better part of 15 years
of my life. I am not surrendering any second more to that group.

I am telling my story as it happened.
People can draw their own conclusions.

I was the most famous SCN in western Europe and the only one willing to admit it in public.
I was their number one fundraiser as well. When SCN could treat me the way they did, one
of their biggest allies, then one can only imagine what heppens to "Joe Blow" from the street.

Unfortunately, due to time constraints on MDR, my appeal to the audience to "check out EVERYTHING on the internet regarding SCN -- before doing any services" -- landed on the cutting room floor.

It is not my place to tell people what to think.
It is not my place to tell people what they need to do.

My story is a warning.
That's as far as I am willing to invest in SCN any longer.

Got it?
Mark Janicello

Nicole

Silver Meritorious Patron
What is this here for a communication??? I don't understand where it comes from??? Please explain!!!
...and BTW why again a new thread about the same topic!

marjan

Patron with Honors
What is this here for a communication??? I don't understand where it comes from??? Please explain!!!
...and BTW why again a new thread about the same topic!

This was an exchange that I had with someone from ANON.
I posted it here, as many have asked me similar questions here.

It is a new subject, thus a new thread.
Or perhaps, I still don't understand how this ESMB is supposed to work.
For me, a new subject, starts a new thread -- does it not?
Regards, Mark

Nicole

This was an exchange that I had with someone from ANON.
I posted it here, as many have asked me similar questions here.

It is a new subject, thus a new thread.
Or perhaps, I still don't understand how this ESMB is supposed to work.
For me, a new subject, starts a new thread -- does it not?
Regards, Mark

It isn't a new subject. It is still "how you leave the church and how and what you write in your book..."

A new topic would be eg: if you make a thread about: "Was Hubbard addicted to drugs?" This would be post in "general discussion"... Because it is a totaly different topic. This is all Marks way out of the Cult.

Nobody understands what you write about...

marjan

Patron with Honors
It isn't a new subject. It is still "how you leave the church and how and what you write in your book..."

A new topic would be eg: if you make a thread about: "Was Hubbard addicted to drugs?" This would be post in "general discussion"... Because it is a totaly different topic. This is all Marks way out of the Cult.

Nobody understands what you write about...

Don't generalize Nicole. You don't understand. Don't speak for anyone except yourself. That you don't understand is clear.

Nicole

Don't generalize Nicole.You don't understand. Don't speak for anyone except yourself. That you don't understand is clear.

Interesting way of communication and conversation... :whistling:

Please no, this is drama export/import business; who wants or needs that? :no:

Also: ^^^ This.
Yes, you are right... :biggrin:

Edit: AHA! Now I got where the conversation with the Anon comes from... Here WWP: http://forums.whyweprotest.net/thre...rk-janicello-im-interview.89944/#post-1818519

Blip, I will answer your question about the "big star"..., he wasn't a local A lister...

It's WWP Drama :drama:...

Last edited:
Qoute: [Mark Janicello]

"...... I never want to speak a word about Scientology ever again; that had defined my life for the past 15 years. I'm done with it, I don't want anything to do with it.. "

(Translated from German).

Interesting choice of internet venues to hang out at, so as to never talk about Scientology ever again. So what shall we talk about? Oh, the book....gotta sell that. What's the topic? Scientology. Now don't talk about that. So what shall we talk about? Well, we can always have a go people on the internet who don't accept everything they hear and swallow it whole. Damn wogs!

As Nicole says: "Interesting way of communication and conversation...".

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
The best thing to come from this issue is confirmation that protesting cult celebs has a positive impact on reducing the harm caused by Scientology.

marjan

Patron with Honors
The best thing to come from this issue is confirmation that protesting cult celebs has a positive impact on reducing the harm caused by Scientology.

Interesting concept, but unfortunately not very accurate.
The protesters did not impact SCN.
They impacted me.

Scientology didn't suffer under their attacks, I did.
They could have cared less what happened to me.
They just kept on going.

My life was nearly destroyed by the protests.
I understand what you are trying to say, but factually, this fight should be fought in court, not on the streets, not in theaters, and not in concert halls.

Having been on the "other side" of those protests, I can only tell you, that I was the "wrong target."

greebly

Patron with Honors
Ok I'll sum my viewpoint up.

Been around here for some years now, those who know me can take it on board. I will summarise everything for you line by line. In these points I have tried to add some "tongue in cheek" to lighten the mood and avoid expanding the drama from previous threads.Most of the quotes are made by me i.e. translated into more colourful speech.

1. A key celebrity known in the Opera/theatre circles joined scientology. He got some good things out of it at the time, it helped with his career and contacts.

2. From there his talent was noticed and it went further.

3. He was asked by the Co$ to attend concerts and help raise "donations" for them, especially the IAS. i.e. utilise a celeb to raise lots of $$$$.

4. Due to a mixup re a concert where he supported a popular drugs campaign it made him admit to his involvement with the Co$, even though he was simply stating he was a scientologist.

5. Due to this he was seen as a key figurehead during the 90s early 2000s for the Co$, as there was noone else standing up to what he thought at the time was "Religious Freedom".

6. This was jumped on by some anti-scientology protesters of the time, which was motivated by the Lisa Mcpherson tragedy. It was therefore a highly emotive issue and the only public in the EU to direct it at was Mark.

7. He asked OSA for help with these protests in his concerts and the amount of nastiness he had recieved. The kid's response on the other end of the phone was "Would you like some auditing with that? it's only $x,xxx" Mark goes "WTF LMAO GTFO!"

9. Over the following years Mark then proceeded to say "I've had enough of it all, I'm off!" and got back to rebuilding his life.

10. Since 2008 he had seen the Anonymous protests and the large media interest that had grown on the internet. His life was slowly rebuilding even though some parts of it would always been "damaged" he was content as best he could be.

11. He attended an X factor audition and some young guy starting digging up his past. He was like "OMG GTFO not again!"

12. So he decided right that's it no more baaawing I'm writing book to explain what I experienced and how it affected my life.

13. He posts on ESMB and get's some TV interviews as the Co$ is always a controversial subject. This is to help promote his book and get people to read it who had always wondered what had happened.

14. As his viewpoint is very neutral and he himself did not see some of the horrible things that occured, some folks show a negative response. This is due to all the information that is now out there for people to read and they really want him to stand up and speak out more.

15. Mark responds "OMG not again GTFO I need a break from it all!"

I have met the guy face to face in person and I am pretty good judge of character over the years.

A. He is a good guy full stop!
B. He has been through alot of crap and the book is cathartic for him and his family hopefully.
C. It only contains his experience, nothing more but shows how it can affect someone from inside the Co$ during that period.

I really want him to continue posting here, so as to encourage others to speak no matter how big or small. Many lookup to celebs as figureheads or rolemodels and any encouragement from them is positive no matter how small.

It shows people that people can be nasty at times even when they feel they are doing good.

It shows that not all EX-scientologists are the same and come from different backgrounds.

It shows that in my opinion the Co$ has negatively affected all kinds of people for various reasons(Generality ftw!) and those reasons can be read here.

So for my peace of mind keep posting Mark and help encourage others to start thinking for themselves and reading both sides.

To Nicole, MrN and others please accept that Mark is very thickskinned, has a great voice but at this time may not be willing to take such a heavy stance.

I know you guys are good people and mean no harm but it only crystalises Mark's view of some "critics" and how it affected him. Over time our viewpoints may change but for now this is the best we have. Which in my opinion is better than nothing.

If you would like Mark, over the coming months, expand further if you wish on the projects you were involved in, noone will feel less of you.

Please encourage others to post here and you can back them up when need be.

:bighug:

Last edited:

marjan

Patron with Honors
Thanks Greebly.

Interesting "color" that you added to the "Reader's Digest" version of my life story...
LOL :)

As I say, everyone is entitled to their opinion -- including me.

I have been, and will continue to post here.

Regards,
Mark

They impacted me.

They just kept on going.

I understand what you are trying to say, but factually, this fight should be fought in court, not on the streets, not in theaters, and not in concert halls.

Having been on the "other side" of those protests, I can only tell you, that I was the "wrong target."

"....I was on the front lines for religious freedom issues throughout all of western Europe, Scandinavia and Russia. I worked very closely with Leisa Goodman and had a lot of contact with Kurt Weiland as well. Additionally, I worked with the national OSA Teams in Germany, Switzerland, Austria and Russia -- Jürg Stettler, Sabine Weber, Helmut Birnbaum, Angelika Thonauer, and quite a few others. I don't recall ALL of their names, but those are a few of them.

I also went with Anne Archer and Tommy Davis to the EU Parliment in Brussels. Talk about a waste of time and money.. We gave a press conference that NO journalist or goverment official attended.

I worked with the LRHPPRO Int. Office.
I dealt with SO from CC Int. as well.

As to IAS, I was their number one fundraiser in the years I worked with them. Whereever I was in the world, in whichever IAS Office I worked, they were number one that week in the birthday game. We were raising funds for the legal fund, for the WIS? Exhibit, for the WTH Project etc... I travelled EXTENSIVELY with the IAS. I shared hotel rooms with SO members to save SCN money...."

Is there any connection between the above two blocks of information?
For Mark, apparently not.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
They impacted me.

They just kept on going.

Do you think other Scientology celebrities are going to use their good name to promote the cult after observing what's happened to you? Probably they will be less inclined to do so and, from that perspective, the protest action has been successful. Also, by leveraging media coverage off your name, more people who might not otherwise have been informed about the cult have been reached. I can understand your angst, but persisting in blaming the protesters for your predicament is the WRONG TARGET. Scientology put you in the middle of the fray, deprived you of the necessary data to make an informed decision (you ddn't help with this by not investigating for yourself), kept you motivated and involved for too long, and then shat all over you when the going got too tough. Basically, so far as Scientology is concerned, you were expendable. Scientology is your target.

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
"....I was on the front lines for religious freedom issues throughout all of western Europe, Scandinavia and Russia. I worked very closely with Leisa Goodman and had a lot of contact with Kurt Weiland as well. Additionally, I worked with the national OSA Teams in Germany, Switzerland, Austria and Russia -- Jürg Stettler, Sabine Weber, Helmut Birnbaum, Angelika Thonauer, and quite a few others. I don't recall ALL of their names, but those are a few of them.

I also went with Anne Archer and Tommy Davis to the EU Parliment in Brussels. Talk about a waste of time and money.. We gave a press conference that NO journalist or goverment official attended.

I worked with the LRHPPRO Int. Office.
I dealt with SO from CC Int. as well.

As to IAS, I was their number one fundraiser in the years I worked with them. Whereever I was in the world, in whichever IAS Office I worked, they were number one that week in the birthday game. We were raising funds for the legal fund, for the WIS? Exhibit, for the WTH Project etc... I travelled EXTENSIVELY with the IAS. I shared hotel rooms with SO members to save SCN money...."

Is there any connection between the above two blocks of information?
For Mark, apparently not.

That is the life dichotomy that makes an ex an ex. Was not everyone here once on the inside and defending "freedom of religion"? It's such an all encompassing con.

Mark, looking forward to the English translation of your book. :thumbsup:

LongTimeGone

They impacted me.

They just kept on going.

Scientology lost you as an asset, got bad publicity, lost members and showed you another side of the cult - You are here now, so it did suffer.

Were they able to find another poor mug to speak out on their behalf?

After what happened to you, I would expect they'd be hard pressed to do so.

This attack on you personally came about because you set yourself up as a representative of this cult. [Or were at least seen as such].

When your request for assistance from the people you were defending fell on deaf ears, a bell must have rung for you. They simply threw you to the wolves.

You were able to reassess your allegiance and found that you were not among friends and had been conned. This organisation wanted you solely for what you could do for them and they had no intention of supporting you.

It appears that external pressures finally allowed you to see the truth. You were able to see this organisation for what it really is and sanity prevailed.

I hope your book sells well and I think you have every right to promote it in any arena of your choice.

LTG

Last edited: