What's new

Convicted Scientology Criminals

DCAnon

Silver Meritorious Patron
Scientology seems to have an obsession with crimes and I got a little tired of the same old “OMG Anonymous terrorist” bullshit. I thought I’d feed their obsession a little (and because it’s a slow day at work). Here’s a list of convicted Scientologists (not convictions against the CoS itself, there’s plenty of those too). Each and every one has substantive media articles or court documents to validate the conviction. There were many others who were arrested and charged or are currently pending, but if I couldn’t find proof of the conviction or names had been omitted as is the case in some European and Australian courts, I didn’t include it. If you have any more you know of where a Scientologist was convicted, please post and I’ll add it to the list.

L. Ron Hubbard – arrested August 1948 for petty theft, unindicted co-conspirator in obstructing justice, burglary of government offices, and theft of documents and government property of Operation Snow White. Fined for leaving an infant in a car during a lecture. 1978, convicted of fraud in France and sentenced to 4 years in prison. Never faced his charges. Expelled from Moroco for trying to overthrow the government and expelled from Rhodesia. [*] [*][*]

Artur Solomonyan – arrested for terrorism, smuggling weapons, and admitted to connections with Al Qaida by the FBI in 2005. He was sentenced in March, 2009. [*]

Gabriel Williams - convicted of sexual battery and sodomy of a child in excess of 100 times in Mountain View, California in 2005. [*]

Donald Anthony Strawn aka Tony Strawn – convicted in Florida in 1995 to thirty years in prison for sexually molesting two girls, ages 11 and 13.[*]

James Barbour – pled guilty to endangering the welfare of a minor in 2008 after charges were brought against him in the 2001 sexual molestation of a 15 year old girl.

Willem Van Rompay – Dutch Scientologist convicted of the 2003 murder of 23 year old Katrijn Borre

Jean-Jacques Mazier – convicted of manslaughter and fraud in the death of Scientologist Patrice Vic in France in 1998. [*]

Gary Don Beals – Beals, a diagnosed schizophrenic, was convinced by the Church of Scientology to forgo his medication. He killed his father, and stabbed his mother. He was convicted of manslaughter. Beals was found dead in 2007. Link provides the Salt Lake City Tribune article about his arrest. [*]

Reed Slatkin - pled guilty to fraud in a massive ponzi scheme in 2003 and was sentenced to 14 years in prison [*]

Jean Shumway - convicted in 1991 in Seattle of first degree murder in the poisoning and smothering of her mother. [*]

Alexis Shumway - convicted in 1991 in Seattle of first degree murder in the poisoning and smothering of her grandmother.[*]

Rick Pendery - Co-owner of the Second Chance program was convicted of fraud in San Diego in 1994. [*]

Nanna Anderson - pled guilty in December 1995 in Canada to stealing documents from the Ontario Medical Association, at the behest of the Church of Scientology, between November 1976 and March 1983.[*]

Janice Wheeler - convicted in Toronto, Canada in 1992 of breach of public trust in the Church of Scientology infiltration of Canadian government offices and theft of confidential documents.[*]

Donald Whitmore - convicted in Toronto, Canada in 1992 of breach of public trust in the Church of Scientology infiltration of Canadian government offices and theft of confidential documents.[*]

Detlef Foullois – convicted in Germany of tax evasion and subsidies fraud in 1993.[*]

Karl-Eric Heilig - convicted in Germany of tax evasion and subsidies fraud in 1993.[*]

Markell D. Boulis – convicted in 2006 in Columbus, Ohio of health care fraud. Jailed in 2006 on drug charges. [*]

Herb Zerden - convicted of operating an unlawful foreclosure rescue scam in Texas from Clearwater, Florida in 2007. Forced to repay homeowners in Texas. [*]

David Goroway - arrested April 2 2008 after buying drugs from an undercover up and charged with cocaine trafficking, money laundering, resisting arrest with violence and driving with a suspended license. Settled on the fraud case. [*] [*] [*]

Franz Riedl – Germany 1994, convicted of libel [*] (I believe this is the right story)

Jeremy Perkins – committed to a mental hospital in 2004 in Buffalo, New York after stabbing his mother 77 times. [*]

Debra Anne Dalton – convicted of fraud in 2002 in Sydney Australia for pretending she had a baby to collect child care money.[*]

Giorgio Carta – convicted of extortion in 2004 in Sardinia connected to the 1997 suicide of Roberto Deplano. Sentenced to 4 ½ years in prison.

Richard E. Brittain Jr. – convicted of fraud in Knoxville Tennessee in 1999. [*]

Xavier Delamare – head of the CoS in France convicted of fraud in 1999 and sentenced to two years in jail. [*]

Kent Stryker – convicted October 2005 in LA of federal fraud and charities fraud charges. [*]

Jacqueline Matz - convicted of two counts of breach of trust contrary in 1992 in Canada. [*]

Olga Ukhova – convicted of money laundering and setting up an illegal business in Russia in 2001. [*]

David lee Enteman – pled guilty to assault with a deadly weapon on a police officer, transporting a destructive device and unlawful possession of materials with intent to make explosives in connection to a van bombing in LA in 1996. [*]

Samuel D. Rosen – Scientologist lawyer slapped with a Temporary Order of Protection after throwing his now ex-wife down a flight of stairs. He tried to fight the injunction in 2002 and lost.[*]

The following were arrested and charged in connection with operation Snow White

Mary Sue Hubbard - convicted in federal court of obstructing justice, burglary of government offices, and theft of documents and government property. Sent to prison for five years. [*]

Cindy Raymond - convicted in federal court of obstructing justice, burglary of government offices, and theft of documents and government property. Sent to prison for five years. [*]

Gerald Bennett Wolfe - convicted in federal court of obstructing justice, burglary of government offices, and theft of documents and government property. Sent to prison for five years. [*]

Henning Heldt - convicted in federal court of obstructing justice, burglary of government offices, and theft of documents and government property. Sent to prison for five years. [*]

Duke Snider - convicted in federal court of obstructing justice, burglary of government offices, and theft of documents and government property. Sent to prison for five years. [*]

Gregory Willardson - convicted in federal court of obstructing justice, burglary of government offices, and theft of documents and government property. Sent to prison for five years. [*]

Richard Weigand - convicted in federal court of obstructing justice, burglary of government offices, and theft of documents and government property. Sent to prison for five years. [*]

Mitchell Herman – convicted in federal court of obstructing justice, burglary of government offices, and theft of documents and government property. Sent to prison for five years. [*]

Sharon Thomas - convicted in federal court of obstructing justice, burglary of government offices, and theft of documents and government property. Sent to prison for five years. [*]

Jane Kember - convicted in federal court of obstructing justice, burglary of government offices, and theft of documents and government property. Sent to prison for five years. [*]

Mo Budlong - convicted in federal court of obstructing justice, burglary of government offices, and theft of documents and government property. Sent to prison for five years. [*]

Arrested Scientologists currently awaiting trial

Jesse Remmers - A hitman who killed six people before his arrest in the Netherlands. Also allegedly the executive president of the Criminon Foundation Netherlands from December 2004 to October 2005. Still awaiting trial. *Looking for translation of Dutch newspaper

Linda Waliki - A 25 year old woman suffering from schitzophrenia and a member of a Scientologist family. In April 2008 in Sydney Australia, she allegedly suffered a psychotic break after being taken off her medication by Scientologists. She stabbed her father Michael and her 15 year old sister Katheryn to death, seriously injuring her mother. As of November 2008, she was expected to plead not guilty due to mental disease or defect. She and her family were named in the print version of the Sydney Morning Herald, not the online version. [*]

Hiram Monserrate - state senator of New York who was involved in the detoxification program for 9/11 workers. He allegedly attacked and assaulted his girlfriend, slashing her face with a broken glass. He was arraigned on March 27, 2009 and is awaiting trial.[*] [*]

Last edited:

uncle sam

Has????

Has Herbie Zerden been convicted? He resides in Clearwater-but has problems in Texas and Ohio--he supposedly de-frauds poor people--He is an IAS Patron [big shot and OT]. Please investigate!

Telepathetic

Gold Meritorious Patron
Scientology seems to have an obsession with crimes and I got a little tired of the same old “OMG Anonymous terrorist” bullshit. I thought I’d feed their obsession a little (and because it’s a slow day at work). Here’s a list of convicted Scientologists (not convictions against the CoS itself, there’s plenty of those too). Each and every one has substantive media articles or court documents to validate the conviction. There were many others who were arrested and charged or are currently pending, but if I couldn’t find proof of the conviction or names had been omitted as is the case in some European and Australian courts, I didn’t include it. If you have any more you know of where a Scientologist was convicted, please post and I’ll add it to the list.

L. Ron Hubbard – arrested August 1948 for petty theft, unindicted co-conspirator in obstructing justice, burglary of government offices, and theft of documents and government property of Operation Snow White. 1978, convicted of fraud in France and sentenced to 4 years in prison. Never faced his charges.

Artur Solomonyan – arrested for terrorism, smuggling weapons, and admitted to connections with Al Qaida by the FBI in 2005. He was sentenced in March, 2009.

Gabriel Williams - convicted of rape and sexual assault of a child in excess of 100 times in Mountain View, California in 2005.

Donald Anthony Strawn aka Tony Strawn – convicted in Florida in 1995 to thirty years in prison for sexually molesting two girls, ages 11 and 13.

James Barbour – pled guilty to endangering the welfare of a minor in 2008 after charges were brought against him in the 2001 sexual molestation of a 15 year old girl.

Willem Van Rompay – Dutch Scientologist convicted of the 2003 murder of 23 year old Katrijn Borre

Jean-Jacques Mazier – convicted of manslaughter and fraud in the death of Scientologist Patrice Vic in France in 1998.

Gary Don Beals – convicted in Utah in 1989 of manslaughter in the murder of his father.

Michael Fitzgerald - arrested and charged with assault and battery for physically attacking a critic of Scientology (Shawn Lonsdale) in Clearwater, Florida in 2006

Reed Slatkin - pled guilty to fraud in a massive ponzi scheme in 2003 and was sentenced to 14 years in prison

Detlef Foullois – convicted in Germany of tax evasion and subsidies fraud in 1993.

Karl-Eric Heilig - convicted in Germany of tax evasion and subsidies fraud in 1993.

Markell D. Boulis – convicted in 2006 in Columbus, Ohio of health care fraud.

Franz Riedl – Germany 1994, convicted of libel

Jeremy Perkins – committed to a mental hospital in 2004 in Buffalo, New York after stabbing his mother 77 times.

Debra Anne Dalton – convicted of fraud in 2002 in Sydney Australia.

Giorgio Carta – convicted of extortion in 2004 in Sardinia connected to the 1997 suicide of Roberto Deplano. Sentenced to 4 ½ years in prison.

Richard E. Brittain Jr. – convicted of fraud in Knoxville Tennessee in 1999.

Xavier Delamare – head of the CoS in France convicted of fraud in 1999 and sentenced to two years in jail.

Kent Stryker – convicted October 2005 in LA of federal fraud and charities fraud charges.

Jacqueline Matz - convicted of two counts of breach of trust contrary in 1992 in Canada.

Olga Ukhova – convicted of money laundering and setting up an illegal business in Russia in 2001.

David lee Enteman – pled guilty to assault with a deadly weapon on a police officer, transporting a destructive device and unlawful possession of materials with intent to make explosives in connection to a van bombing in LA in 1996.

Samuel D. Rosen – Scientologist lawyer slapped with a Temporary Order of Protection after throwing his now ex-wife down a flight of stairs. He tried to fight the injunction in 2002 and lost.

Mary Sue Hubbard - convicted in federal court of obstructing justice, burglary of government offices, and theft of documents and government property. Sent to prison for five years.

Cindy Raymond - convicted in federal court of obstructing justice, burglary of government offices, and theft of documents and government property. Sent to prison for five years.

Gerald Bennett Wolfe - convicted in federal court of obstructing justice, burglary of government offices, and theft of documents and government property. Sent to prison for five years.

Henning Heldt - convicted in federal court of obstructing justice, burglary of government offices, and theft of documents and government property. Sent to prison for five years.

Duke Snider - convicted in federal court of obstructing justice, burglary of government offices, and theft of documents and government property. Sent to prison for five years.

Gregory Willardson - convicted in federal court of obstructing justice, burglary of government offices, and theft of documents and government property. Sent to prison for five years.

Richard Weigand - convicted in federal court of obstructing justice, burglary of government offices, and theft of documents and government property. Sent to prison for five years.

Mitchell Herman – convicted in federal court of obstructing justice, burglary of government offices, and theft of documents and government property. Sent to prison for five years.

Sharon Thomas - convicted in federal court of obstructing justice, burglary of government offices, and theft of documents and government property. Sent to prison for five years.

Jane Kember - convicted in federal court of obstructing justice, burglary of government offices, and theft of documents and government property. Sent to prison for five years.

Mo Budlong - convicted in federal court of obstructing justice, burglary of government offices, and theft of documents and government property. Sent to prison for five years.

DC, you are becoming a pain in the ass...for the "church" that is:thumbsup:

Now get back to work...:D

TP

DCAnon

Has Herbie Zerden been convicted? He resides in Clearwater-but has problems in Texas and Ohio--he supposedly de-frauds poor people--He is an IAS Patron [big shot and OT]. Please investigate!

Herb Zerden and Adolfo Quintero, as well as J.W.W. Services, Inc. of California and owner John Woodruff were charged, by the Texas Attorney General, with operating an unlawful foreclosure rescue scam that targeted struggling Texas homeowners. As a result, the 408th District Court issued a temporary restraining order and froze assets belonging to three businessmen who organized the scheme. According to court documents, the defendants fraudulently advertised that they could save homeowners from imminent foreclosures.
:yes:

Me? A pain in the ass? Why I have no idea how they could ever consider me such a thing. :coolwink:

Telepathetic

Gold Meritorious Patron
:yes:

Me? A pain in the ass? Why I have no idea how they could ever consider me such a thing. :coolwink:

You're right...I think they call it...oh yes, an SP:yes:

By the powers invested in me on this Board I hereby Declare you an honorary Suppressive Person.

Congratulations,

TP

DCAnon

Yay! Maybe now I'll finally get my damn cease and desist letter. :D

Op updated with Herb Zerden and David Goroway. This list doesn't include pending litigation against people like the unnamed woman in Australia who was forced off her medication and ended up killing her family, the as of yet unnamed kidnappers of Martine Boublil in France who held her against her will for almost two months when she tried to escape, and everyone's favorite New York state senator who slashed his girlfriend's face and assaulted her.

uncle sam

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay! Maybe now I'll finally get my damn cease and desist letter. :D

Op updated with Herb Zerden and David Goroway. This list doesn't include pending litigation against people like the unnamed woman in Australia who was forced off her medication and ended up killing her family, the as of yet unnamed kidnappers of Martine Boublil in France who held her against her will for almost two months when she tried to escape, and everyone's favorite New York state senator who slashed his girlfriend's face and assaulted her.

You are awesome--thanks so very much on the Herbie Zerden update------

Björkist

Several of those listed are in the United States.

Is that, then, the same judicial system that found O.J. not guilty?

DCAnon

Jesus, I never heard about the incident in Australia.
When did this happen?

TP

April 2008. I remember it clearly since that was right around Op Reconnect. She hasn't been convicted, so I won't add her until she is or found incompetant to stand trial.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2032607/two_more_scientology_related_deaths_in_australia/

On April 4th, 2008, a 25 year-old Sydney woman (LINDA WALIKI) pleaded "not-guilty" to the murder of her father (MICHAEL) and sister (KATHRYN) (who were active members of the Church of Scientology). The young woman, who has been diagnosed with Schizo-affective disorder, fatally stabbed her 53-year-old father and 15-year-old sister in a psychotic rage at the family's home. She also attempted to kill her mother (SUE). The girl's parents had denied her access to psychiatric medication due to their Scientology beliefs. Burwood Local Court Magistrate, Jane Mottley, committed her to stand trial in the New South Wales Supreme Court. The trial was due to go ahead in July 2008 and it is understood that she will mount a mental illness defense. However, as of November 13th 2008, the trial had yet to begin. Initially, VIRGINIA STEWART, Spokesperson for the Church of Scientology Australia, denied that the victims were Scientologists. However, recent developments have shown that this was a lie.

DCAnon

Op updated with the following:

Jean Shumway - convicted in 1991 in Seattle of first degree murder in the poisoning and smothering of her mother.

Alexis Shumway - convicted in 1991 in Seattle of first degree murder in the poisoning and smothering of her grandmother.

Nanna Anderson - pled guilty in December 1995 in Canada to stealing documents from the Ontario Medical Association, at the behest of the Church of Scientology, between November 1976 and March 1983.

Janice Wheeler - convicted in Toronto, Canada in 1992 of breach of public trust in the Church of Scientology infiltration of Canadian government offices and theft of confidential documents.

Donald Whitmore - convicted in Toronto, Canada in 1992 of breach of public trust in the Church of Scientology infiltration of Canadian government offices and theft of confidential documents.

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
L. Ron Hubbard nearly starting a war with Mexico: In June 1943, Lnt2nd Hubbard was relieved of command after anchoring PC-815 off the Coronado Islands, which is Mexican territory. There, he conducted unauthorised gunnery practice.

expelled from Moroco for trying to overthrow the government; and Rhodesia.
In 1966, Hubbard moved to Rhodesia, claiming to be the reincarnation of Cecil Rhodes. Following Ian Smith's Unilateral Declaration of Independence, Hubbard offered to invest large sums in Rhodesia's economy which was then hit by UN sanctions, but was asked to leave the country.

In March 1969, the Greek Government branded L. Ron Hubbard and his group of 200 disciples "undesirables". The group had been living aboard the 3,300 ton Panamanian ship Apollo and had been docked in the harbor of Corfu island since August.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L._Ron_Hubbard

Last edited:

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
I was sorry to read about Kent Stryker. I hope he gets honest and straight again soon. He was a good guy when I knew him.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
April 2008. I remember it clearly since that was right around Op Reconnect. She hasn't been convicted, so I won't add her until she is or found incompetant to stand trial.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2032607/two_more_scientology_related_deaths_in_australia/

I remember this incident clearly - "we" were told this guy had had some "brief" contact with the cult but had been off-lines for a while and wasn't actually a Scilon.

I also remember Virginia and Vicki Dunstan going on the local Sydney news (Channel ten news - part of a country-wide network of TV stations) stating that Scientology would never insist someone didn't take their medication.

I also remember his name - I think he may even have been on staff for a while - can't say for sure. We weren't told his name as I would have recognized it immediately (like I just did reading this post.)

OSA gave a briefing to various "key field" members on this and they then went and spread the news .

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
There was also a guy in Canada in 1988(?) (maybe after that) convicted of catching and selling protected birds of prey (chiefly Peregrine Falcons) and these birds were being smuggled chiefly to Gulf states and being sold for enormous sums of money - that was how he paid for his bridge.

He was connected to Toronto org and was in good standing there, even tho' it was known what he was doing for his money.

I remember seeing his Declare order - after he was convicted of course :D

I'd found out long before he got arrested (I won't say how - a friend gave me the data on him) and I was amazed that the most ethical group on the planet hadn't done anything to rein him in at all.

I know now why he was free to keep doing it:D

DCAnon

How about Jesse Remmers, the Dutch Scientology hitman?

Very gewd, I remembered about him but completely forgot his name. I'll get him added when I get a chance to actually sit at a computer for a while. I think I might add a section to the list of Scientologists who were arrested and are pending trials as well. They've got some pretty shocking stories.

byte301

Crusader
DC, add Rick Pendary to your list:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Turns out Rick Pendery, aka Richard, aka Roderick, has been a very naughty boy in San Diego!

Here you will find a court case in which he and partners in his construction company knowingly defrauded investors, misusing funds and refusing refunds to the tune of over $200,000!

Yes, he lost in court.
Yes, he was told to repay the money he defrauded plaintiff out of.
Has he complied? Who knows."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think Joy Westrum will be on the list too in the future. Second Chance is now showing a $600,000 debt for their scam in NM. I don't think the IRS is going to forgive them their back taxes.