ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Conway Hall, London. August 4th. "What has Scientology got to hide?"

Discussion in 'Conferences, Speeches, Radio Shows, and Live Publi' started by exbritscino, Jul 2, 2015.

1. exbritscino

exbritscino Patron with Honors

Hi,

On August 4th in London, UK, there are speakers at the Conway Hall Ethical Society. The presentation is "London Thinks - What Has Scientology Got To Hide?"

The speakers are John Sweeney (BBC Panarama and "Church of Fear" fame), Tony Ortega (Unbreakable Miss Lovely), and Humfrey Hunter (publisher of John's and Tony's books).

Link to Conway Hall website below.

http://conwayhall.org.uk/event/london-thinks-what-has-scientology-got-to-hide/?utm_source=Email&utm_medium=Email&utm_term=Email&utm_content=Emails&utm_campaign=Emails

2. exbritscino

3. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

Thanks for posting about this! I wish I could attend!! It's going to be an a fun and informative event!!

Here is a direct link with more details on each presenter:

Conway Hall Ethical Society presents:
    London Thinks – What has Scientology got to Hide?
    Tuesday 4th August @ 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm | £5 - £15

Book Now

http://conwayhall.org.uk/event/london-thinks-what-has-scientology-got-to-hide/

4. exbritscino

Less than a week to go now, so BUMP,

5. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

I was told by a friend who also gives talks there that Jon Atack
    will also be there.

6. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

Anyone else from ESMB attending?

7. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

Anyone else from ESMB attending?

8. Lord Xenu

Lord Xenu Patron Meritorious

Maybe ....
    :scared:

9. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

You want to meet give me a call.

0208 864 4940

10. Lord Xenu

I'll recognise you.

If you see someone who looks like a currently deposed inter-galactic ruler that'll be me.

Seriously though, I will say hello.

:cheers:

11. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

I too am a currently deposed intergalactic ruler. Different Galaxies I expect.

Happy to meet another deposed intergalactic ruler. Not many of us left.

12. Lord Xenu

And what a pleasure it all was ... surprised to not see many comments about the evening.

It was great to meet Tony O, Jon Atack, Pete Griffiths, your good self and many other ex's and ESMBers, but one thing people may not know is just how brilliantly
    hilarious John Sweeney is. :yes:

13. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

It was a pleasure meeting you, and your dad in the swarm of SPs [that the right collective term?]
    There were not many ESMB regulars there but quite a few anons and "old guard" and other SPs
    I've protested with, and the hall was full. There are loads of comments on Tony's blog. John Atack
    and Dr David Barrett sold out the limited amount of books they brought and an interesting
    comment from John Sweeney that between him and Tony they'd sold more books than there were
    scientologists to date.

14. exbritscino

Yep, was a great evening. One thing I noticed was that all the speakers thought that scientology was complete and utter BOLLOCKS!