What's new

Corbetts, South African Whales, Rumored to Have Left Co$

TG1

Angelic Poster
Mike Rinder's blog today reports that Gaye and Ernest Corbett, reputed pillars of the South African Co$, have left the bosom of the Church.

http://www.mikerindersblog.org/the-lions-roar-in-south-africa/

Much more tantalizing information and rumors are reported at the "African Scientologists Getting Back in Comm" blog at

http://backincomm.wordpress.com/201...aracter-assassination-of-gaye-ernest-corbett/

Some of the juicy bits are:

* The Co$'s deadpack says the Corbetts are exteriorizing by sticking their fingers in electrical sockets (my favorite).

* The situation is complicated by the fact that "... they own the house in which the Joburg Org executives live and another house where outer org trainees live."

A commenter at Rinder's blog suggests that this news is spreading like wildfire among the international whale pods.

I can't confirm any of this. I'm merely passing along juicy gossip. But if the Corbetts have left and aren't making a secret of it, this sheds more light on why David Miscavige is hiding under his bed these days.

TG1

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Now I know why all the seats on Xenu airlines powered by Whale Flubber are filling up so fast. The itinerary looks good. Court house in Tampa? with the Garcias running the show, next onto Austin Texas with Mosey beating the drums and finally LA with the worlds bravest former slave girl running circles around slappy's gang of thugs. Dang, Lady Justice has awoken again. :thumbsup::happydance:

Can't wait to see what kind of freedom those tort lawyers on tour bring back to S.A as gifts.

Oh hi Davey boy. Had to change flight course again? Are you ever going to get to land that space ship in a hide out anywhere on earth?

NO place to run...no place to hide. Your new theme song. :biggrin:

Anonycat

Crusader
Mike Rinder's blog today reports that Gaye and Ernest Corbett, reputed pillars of the South African Co$, have left the bosom of the Church.

Much more tantalizing information and rumors are reported at the "African Scientologists Getting Back in Comm" blog at

http://backincomm.wordpress.com/201...aracter-assassination-of-gaye-ernest-corbett/

* The Co$'s deadpack says the Corbetts are exteriorizing by sticking their fingers in electrical sockets (my favorite).

* The situation is complicated by the fact that "... they own the house in which the Joburg Org executives live and another house where outer org trainees live."

A commenter at Rinder's blog suggests that this news is spreading like wildfire among the international whale pods.

I can't confirm any of this. I'm merely passing along juicy gossip. But if the Corbetts have left and aren't making a secret of it, this sheds more light on why David Miscavige is hiding under his bed these days.

TG1

I'll try to remember to check here for updates: http://www.oursites.org/ernestcorbett/

3 Corbetts were Cornerstone donors one year: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?16197-142-million-plus-given-to-Super-Power-Scam

Purple Rain

Crusader

TG1

Well, you would think this week could not get better in the Scientology-watching world, but that would be wrong! Holy cow!! This is so good!

It always amazes me that Scientologists who leave are amazed at the dead-agenting and black PRing and fair-gaming, as that's one of the few bits of Hubbard policy that Scientology still follows! However, it's never pleasant and I wish them well as they rebuild their lives - which may be somewhat easier as whales than it is for the average joe, but still carries significant emotional, psychological and spiritual collateral damage. Hope they didn't give too much away and still left enough for themselves and their families.

It seems to me recently that the most successful leavings - celebrity, whale and otherwise - are when people can manage to extract their families with them.

It will be fun to see what happens without the Corbetts propping up the staff accommodation and so forth, although maybe they still will. Who knows?

Gib

Crusader
This is EXCELLENT news, really! :thumbsup:

You know,

I got into scientology because I wanted to

increase my standard of living.

I'm just amazed that somebody, a whale, has an enhanced standard of living,

and falls for this shit.

It boggles the mind.

Purple Rain

Crusader
You know,

and falls for this shit.

It boggles the mind.

Everybody has problems they want to solve, I suppose. It's not always financial.

Techless

Patron Meritorious
You know,

and falls for this shit.

It boggles the mind.

That is sooo true Gib - and not to derail here but related to, and often talked about: anyone have any guess at a rough 'percentage' - of those still in - who will NEVER be shaken from the nightmare due to their life commitment $$$-wise, spiritual-wise, or even just some strange sort of 'work-ethic' (sorry to use that common folk term!)

10% - 25% - 75% ....more/less?

Maybe we just have to wait and see?!?!

Gib

Crusader
Everybody has problems they want to solve, I suppose. It's not always financial.

but I didn't have a financial problem

I just wanted to increase my financial ability.

But, as it turns out, scientology created a financial problem for me.

Not only going into debt,

but affording the bridge, in looking forward from when I was in.

You might say at the end, just a few years ago,

I said "uncle", or

I give up. :laugh:

Time to live a life.

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
Sticking their fingers into electrical sockets to exteriorize????

Scientology: The Greatest Lulz for the Greatest Number of Dynamics.​

:hysterical:

Here's tonight's sooper seekrit closed circuit camera feed from the Failwinds. Note that I've seen the scar on the whale in that song - it's in the wallet area.

[video=youtube_share;SpPbYdTwfbI]http://youtu.be/SpPbYdTwfbI[/video]

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
I hope they are able to work around the threat of possible disconnection with their son before they make their move to leave. Scientology Disconnection destroys families. These types of rumors happen when the church spies have gotten hold of something, be it a member questioning or contest things, or some piece of information from somewhere to support that idea, which threatens to expose the fact that another opinion leader member may leave. It’s just extortive intimidation used to try and reign the member back in along with the threat of disconnection.

A person in an abusive relationship is best helped with a Safety Plan to then work on - to get out, to protect their loved ones. I hope these people have one, besides needed moral support from friends and others. Leaving at the expense of losing one’s family is something one most often cannot change once in place. I wish them the best.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
I hope they are able to work around the threat of possible disconnection with their son before they make their move to leave. Scientology Disconnection destroys families. These types of rumors happen when the church spies have gotten hold of something, be it a member questioning or contest things, or some piece of information from somewhere to support that idea, which threatens to expose the fact that another opinion leader member may leave. It’s just extortive intimidation used to try and reign the member back in along with the threat of disconnection.

A person in an abusive relationship is best helped with a Safety Plan to then work on - to get out, to protect their loved ones. I hope these people have one, besides needed moral support from friends and others. Leaving at the expense of losing one’s family is something one most often cannot change once in place. I wish them the best.

I wonder how many people stay on staff or as public simply because they have have a partner or family, I would never have joined staff or taken it at all seriously if it hadn't have been for family, and I certainly would have walked out many years earlier if it wasn't for disconnection.

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
That is sooo true Gib - and not to derail here but related to, and often talked about: anyone have any guess at a rough 'percentage' - of those still in - who will NEVER be shaken from the nightmare due to their life commitment $$$-wise, spiritual-wise, or even just some strange sort of 'work-ethic' (sorry to use that common folk term!)

10% - 25% - 75% ....more/less?

Maybe we just have to wait and see?!?!

I saw someone I once knew, who I hoped would have gotten out, long ago, but this person was all gung ho, inside, on staff . . . .still. It broke my heart. :bigcry: I kept thinking, this person is never getting out.

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
I saw someone I once knew, who I hoped would have gotten out, long ago, but this person was all gung ho, inside, on staff . . . .still. It broke my heart. :bigcry: I kept thinking, this person is never getting out.

I think its hard to tell, because, especially with staff members, they dont show it. Its almost like an overnight snap... and/or it has to be hidden.

I think each time a new and weird thing comes out that makes people question it ends up with more doubting. For example for me, when the Clear definition and requirements kept changing, that was it for me. I was a Case Supervisor and I think it was a shock to a lot of staff when I did end up out.

Also when the issue came out about no kids in the Sea Org, there was a briefing for the staff personnel (HCO and Qual) to watch for staff who were upset about it and get them sec checked and cleaned up. I am sure there were people who left staff after that issue came out (1996 or so, the one that does not say outright to get abortions, but basically says that. It was an ED Int publication).

And I have heard stories about The Basics release turning a lot of people sour.

And GAT (first one), LOTS of old timers walked out.

------

And then you have people like my mom, who have been in the Sea Org since 1975 and have seen it all and just gloss over all of it and keep drinking the Kool-Aid. She has seen the child neglect, she has seen the lack of family connection, she has seen child abuse, she has seen the church go through crazy stuff (like MSH and the GO), she has seen DM take-over, she has seen her own grandchild die at the age of 6, she has seen the hurt in her childrens eyes, she knows her grandchildren miss her and she dismisses it all. She has had one of her husbands die in her arms (I was with her). And she keeps on with the crusade.

----

But I think for each there is a little something that triggers the doubt. In a way, the church does it to themselves because people see things are not right and stop pretending and get out.

I would estimate at any given time 20% of the staff are doubting. And 2 1/2% absolutely want to get out.

Hey - that is the EXACT same amount for PTS/SP Tech!!! :thumbsup:

I think its hard to tell, because, especially with staff members, they dont show it. Its almost like an overnight snap... and/or it has to be hidden.

I think each time a new and weird thing comes out that makes people question it ends up with more doubting. For example for me, when the Clear definition and requirements kept changing, that was it for me. I was a Case Supervisor and I think it was a shock to a lot of staff when I did end up out.

Also when the issue came out about no kids in the Sea Org, there was a briefing for the staff personnel (HCO and Qual) to watch for staff who were upset about it and get them sec checked and cleaned up. I am sure there were people who left staff after that issue came out (1996 or so, the one that does not say outright to get abortions, but basically says that. It was an ED Int publication).

And I have heard stories about The Basics release turning a lot of people sour.

And GAT (first one), LOTS of old timers walked out.

------

And then you have people like my mom, who have been in the Sea Org since 1975 and have seen it all and just gloss over all of it and keep drinking the Kool-Aid. She has seen the child neglect, she has seen the lack of family connection, she has seen child abuse, she has seen the church go through crazy stuff (like MSH and the GO), she has seen DM take-over, she has seen her own grandchild die at the age of 6, she has seen the hurt in her childrens eyes, she knows her grandchildren miss her and she dismisses it all. She has had one of her husbands die in her arms (I was with her). And she keeps on with the crusade.

----

But I think for each there is a little something that triggers the doubt. In a way, the church does it to themselves because people see things are not right and stop pretending and get out.

I would estimate at any given time 20% of the staff are doubting. And 2 1/2% absolutely want to get out.

Hey - that is the EXACT same amount for PTS/SP Tech!!! :thumbsup:

Was 1996 when no kids in the SO was first put in?

Lulu Belle

Moonbat

No; I think it was the late 80s. It started with the baby couples.

I'm quoting myself here.

http://tinyurl.com/9529ye

Sometimes in the 80s or 90s (don't remember exactly when) there was an
issue that came out in all of the SO orgs that, if a girl got
pregnant, her and her 2D (husband) would be sent to a small, failing
Class IV org to run it. They would be there until the child was six.
The child would have to then agree to be a "cadet" (which means he/she
agreed to go to the ranch, a location away from his/her parents) until
he/she was old enough to join the EPF and go into the SO. The couple
and the kid could then come back into the fold of the SO base.

The idea was that these SO members would raise the "ethics and
standards" of these orgs, getting their stats up so the orgs could go
"Saint Hill Size."

Didn't quite work out that way.

The SO guys would get to the Class V org. Within a few months, most
would "go native." One would start moonlighting to support the family.

Sometimes there would be another pregnancy following the one that got
them sent there. Instead of them "raising the ethics level" of the org
to "Sea Org Standards," the standards of the couple would sink to
local org/wog level. They were just struggling parents with a baby or
babies trying to make it in the world.

A lot of them routed out, or blew, staff.

I heard a few years back that the policy on pregnant SO members
changed. Now, if you're pregnant, you have to route out. Period.

Guess the "baby couple" thing was not a total success.

Bea Kiddo

Crusader

The "policy" kept changing.... Sometime in the 70's it was ok to have babies and they were left at the CEO (Where the pavillion is now at CCI. The building that was there was demolished). Then somewhere in late 70's it changed that you had to have the Captains approval and financing pre-approved (the org would pay for birth and delivery and medical - cash up front) before you could get pregnant. If you got pregnant before you had approval I think it was Comm-Ev.

I dont remember the 80's rule. I guess Lulu information is better than mine.

I need to correct... the issue I was talking about came out in 1995 I think. That one was that if you got pregnant you had to leave the Sea Org, but first you would get Comm Eved. That is what the issue says.

I think before 1995 was what Lulu is saying: to Class V orgs.

-----

I dont know if they have a new rule now. Probably with what has been going on in the real world...

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
No; I think it was the late 80s. It started with the baby couples.

I'm quoting myself here.

http://tinyurl.com/9529ye

Sometimes in the 80s or 90s (don't remember exactly when) there was an
issue that came out in all of the SO orgs that, if a girl got
pregnant, her and her 2D (husband) would be sent to a small, failing
Class IV org to run it. They would be there until the child was six.
The child would have to then agree to be a "cadet" (which means he/she
agreed to go to the ranch, a location away from his/her parents) until
he/she was old enough to join the EPF and go into the SO. The couple
and the kid could then come back into the fold of the SO base.

The idea was that these SO members would raise the "ethics and
standards" of these orgs, getting their stats up so the orgs could go
"Saint Hill Size."

Didn't quite work out that way.

The SO guys would get to the Class V org. Within a few months, most
would "go native." One would start moonlighting to support the family.

Sometimes there would be another pregnancy following the one that got
them sent there. Instead of them "raising the ethics level" of the org
to "Sea Org Standards," the standards of the couple would sink to
local org/wog level. They were just struggling parents with a baby or
babies trying to make it in the world.

A lot of them routed out, or blew, staff.

I heard a few years back that the policy on pregnant SO members
changed. Now, if you're pregnant, you have to route out. Period.

Guess the "baby couple" thing was not a total success.

IIRC the original issue was 1982. That was the "lets send them to CL IV Orgs instead" issue. I think it was issued by Guillaume but it was based on Hubbardian advice..

Of course it was never going to work - I even talked with Jens Uhrskov about it and told him it was never going to work because - exactly as Lulu says - the people would have to moonlight, get jobs, pay rent, arrange childcare they would be in debt from the get go...

But as Hubbard never gave a rat's arse about his own kids he sure as hell never understood that real parents actually did care.

still here

Patron with Honors
IIRC the original issue was 1982. That was the "lets send them to CL IV Orgs instead" issue. I think it was issued by Guillaume but it was based on Hubbardian advice..

Of course it was never going to work - I even talked with Jens Uhrskov about it and told him it was never going to work because - exactly as Lulu says - the people would have to moonlight, get jobs, pay rent, arrange childcare they would be in debt from the get go...

But as Hubbard never gave a rat's arse about his own kids he sure as hell never understood that real parents actually did care.

That was early! I never saw it in the UK (my daughter was born in 1982) I was on garrison in a class IV Org at the time, but returned to SH when my baby was just a couple of months old - it was certainly not mentioned to me. Was it only issued in the US?

Still

Purple Rain

Crusader
That was early! I never saw it in the UK (my daughter was born in 1982) I was on garrison in a class IV Org at the time, but returned to SH when my baby was just a couple of months old - it was certainly not mentioned to me. Was it only issued in the US?

Still

No, when I joined Scientology in late '87 there were pregnant Sea Org couples being sent to struggling Class V orgs. However, there were still Sea Org parents like the Hannas who got to stay at CLO ANZO - so it was kind of a mix. They still had people posted as Nannies there.