ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

CoS Expels 18 South African Opinion Leader Scientologists

Discussion in 'Other Locations' started by TG1, Nov 6, 2013.

1. TG1

TG1 Angelic Poster

Mike Rinder's blog at http://www.mikerindersblog.org/the-commandos-have-landed-in-jobur/

... and a South African Scientology blog at http://backincomm.wordpress.com/2013/11/06/the-golden-age-of-rod/#more-106

... confirmed today that 18 South African opinion leaders who are long-time members of the Church of Scientology have been expelled.

Their names are:

1. Gaye Corbett – 42 years in Scn, OT VIII, Cl IV, 3Ls, Data Series Evaluator, Triple Cornerstone Member, Silver Meritorius

2. Ernest Corbett – 42 years in Scn, OT VIII, 3Ls, Data Series Evaluator, Triple Cornerstone Member, Silver Meritorius

3. Tracey Henley (nee Corbett) – 40 years in Scn (all her life), OT V, Flag trained CL VI, Patron

4. Guy Henley – 12 years in Scn, Patron

5. Lisa Goosen (nee Corbett) – 35 years in Scn (all her life), Patron, Ls

6. Warwick Goosen – 20 years in Scn, Patron, Ls

7. Rodney Corbett – 40 years in Scn, OT V, OEC

8. Karl Kroeger – 35 years in Scn, OT VIII, Ls

9. Sandy Kroeger – 35 years in Scn, OT VIII, Cl IV

10. Molly Jelly – 46 years in Scn, Cl VI, OT VIII

11. Dave Jelly – 46 years in Scn, Cl VI, OT VIII

12. Craig Howarth – 20 years in Scn, 8 years on Durban Staff

13. Shirley Wartski – 20 years in Scn, Flag trained CL VI, OT V

14. Cameron Wannenberg – 15 years in Scn.

15. Kim Downing – 42 years in Scn, OT VII, Cl IV

16. Ueli Gostelli – 35+ years in Scn, OT V.

17. Carol Krieger – +- 20 years in Scn, CL IV, OT V

18. Wendy Bowman – 45 years in Scn, CL VI, 12 years on staff

The South African blog goes on to say:

"This list of names, between them, are connected to at least half of the entire South African Scientology community. That’s a huge line in the sand and Scientologists will soon be forced to make a serious decision about disconnection."

Sounds like this is a big damn deal!

TG1

2. Purple Rain

Purple Rain Crusader

Welcome out those eighteen people, even if you're standing there blinking in the sunlight, still in love with Hubbard and "the tech", just bloody welcome out!! The sunlight is a wonderful, wonderful thing!

3. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

Thanks, I just finished reading the report and I have to say that I'm gobsmacked.

That group of people includes many of the South African Opinion Leaders... what do they call 'em?... Movers and Shakers!

Gawd, any South African scientologist with more than two braincells to rub together is going to be thinking, "WTF? These guys aren't SPs! They're all good people!"

I predict a calamity of Biblical proportions for South African scientology, a sundering of the Tribe.

4. exthetan

exthetan Patron

I think the problem may have been that these people had already drunk all the Koolaid there was and there was nothing left to sell them - just look at there service completions and donation levels. Time to bring in fresh meat.

5. TG1

TG1 Angelic Poster

Yeah, but these days the CoS doesn't run on donations for services so much as donations for the IAS, Ideal Orgs, etc. by whales. Most of these guys are the biggest South African whales. There are no bigger whales down there. That's what makes this move such an interesting development.

TG1

6. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

There was a bunch left to sell them. They can of course re-do their Purif and Objectives, donate for Ideal Orgs, library donation projects, and Superpower of course. :whistling:

Plus, isn't there some new rundown about to be released as well? The Cause Resurgence Rundown? :unsure:

Anyways, I'm looking forward to some new arrivals on ESMB from South Africa. :thumbsup:

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  7. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

So there will be a few to scratch off the Flag events confirmation list? :whistling:

8. Dean Blair

Dean Blair Silver Meritorious Patron

This is insane! Declaring all those OTs at one time is sure going to be causing some effects in the field. It reminds me of earlier times when Hubbard declared people as SPs like John McMasters, Otto Roos, several class 12s, Brian Livingston. I think David Miscavige has gone over the deep end. He has goofed the floof with this action. I can't wait to see how this plays out. We may be getting some new members here shortly with lot's and lot's of stories.

9. I doubt Miscavige is too concerned, even he knows all the Scientologists with more than two braincells to rub together already left. He's doing exactly what Ron would want him to be doing, squeezing the last drop out of the morons who are still sticking around, once they are bled dry, they are to be disposed of quietly without sorrow just like everyone else before them who ran out of money.

Pay up or go find another batshit crazy role playing game to participate in

10. Dave B.

Dave B. Maximus Ultimus Mostimus

Funny, but telling. In that the cult leadership (MissCabbage) isn't thinking clearly enough to expel these people AFTER the big tent revival hootenany in Clearwater. Foot bullet. Lost the opportunity for the Flag vultures to put the squeeze on them.

11. TG1

TG1 Angelic Poster

Per Chuck's and others' comments above ...

This does feel like deja vu. Reminds me a bit of the Mayo days. A lot of old-timers basically invited the Church to declare them. And the Church obliged.

However, "back then" (early 1980s), there were tens and tens of thousands remaining who didn't know WTF was going on. It's a very different situation now. I'm beginning to think there could be no more than 10,000 seriously faithful remaining in the church right now. And they're all tapped out and middle-aged to elderly.

Demographically speaking, the church is fucked.

TG1

12. They're probably all elderly people who are in failing health and do not have enough money to make the trip, Miscavige is keeping Scientology working by kicking them to the curb.

13. oneonewasaracecar

oneonewasaracecar Gold Meritorious Patron

Any clues as to their motivations?

Were they starting up a freezone group?

14. TG1

TG1 Angelic Poster

Time will tell what they'll do. But these guys didn't get kicked out because they're old, but because they quit supporting Miscavige's crap and, apparently, didn't keep their mouths shut.

Some of these people are very wealthy -- which makes this interesting. Compared to the US Scientology community, this is a bit like kicking out Bob Duggan.

But the real question is -- what will everyone else down there now do? Will they toe the Miscavige line? Or will their lifetime friendships and relationships with these 18 people inspire them to tell Miscavige to go fuck himself?

15. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

This is a blessing in disguise...

Did all the Corbett's get declared?

16. Type4_PTS

What they *should* do is to tell Miscavige to go fuck himself! :thumbsup:

And I suspect many of them will. :yes:

The stats for Mike Rinder's blog should soon be straight up and vertical! :)

17. Out-Ethics

Out-Ethics Patron Meritorious

18. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

Mark's not on the list. That might take a week or two. :coolwink:

19. If they are wealthy then maybe they went full OT and were just too much of a liability to keep around since they are no longer living in the realm of sanity

20. Type4_PTS

I see that each of these two individuals are 'Triple Cornerstone Members', which I believe indicates that they've each donated $105,000. towards the SuperPower Building. (Three times the normal Cornerstone donation of $35,000).

Cornerstone Members have been promised a 40% discount on Superpower and also their names will be engraved on a plaque inside the building.

If they really are getting declared SP right before the opening of the SP Building I believe we're gonna have some very pissed off OT's! :omg: