ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

CoS Expels 18 South African Opinion Leader Scientologists

Discussion in 'Other Locations' started by TG1, Nov 6, 2013.

1. TG1

TG1 Angelic Poster

Oh, I agree, CB. I didn't mean to imply I think it was a good thing. l meant only to remark that ECT was a fairly acceptable medical treatment back then.

TG1

2. splog

splog Patron

The 500 list? Gawd what a total waste of time. It's been stuck on 472 for months now despite Thoughtful punting it rather heavily.

3. and...

twice, in 1975 and again in 1980 i was subject to horrendous malpractice in extremis from the shrinks

and the second time my old friend bobby ford who used to run a damn fine mission in cambridge 2WC'd with me and it mostly undid what the shrinks had done

regardless of the whacked out crap that happens in CoS there is some brilliant substance in hubbard's work

4. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

Yes. I'm quite sure that there are more than 500 Indies but many don't want to be on the list or any list connecting their names with scientology. I can't say I blame them, to be honest.

Some here might remember my Who's Out? project back in 2008. I was putting together a List of Exes by geographical area. It was a page for each area and included Name, Years In, Case Level, Training Level, Staff/Crew/Public Contribution, IAS Status etc etc and, most importantly, a Brief Summary of why they had left.

I figured that any still-in scientologist could look at the page for his/her area and see at a glance the real reason so-and-so was no longer around. They'd get some real and valuable information as to what was actually occurring in their immediate area. It was a service to still-in scientologists.

ESMBers and Exes in other geographical areas were helping me with assembling names for their area. We did a considerable amount of work on it.

The one cast-in-stone condition that I'd insisted upon was that anyone on the Who's Out? List must agree to being added to the list and therein lay the stumbling block. So many Exes were "under the radar", had family still-in, were afraid of repercussions, were shell-shocked by what they were just now finding out about scientology etc. and, in so many cases, just wanting to distance themselves from the crazy. They really didn't want their names up in lights for all the world to see!

Who can blame them? I never have.

PS: It might be worth reviving the project, a lot has happened in 5 years! :)

5. ILove2Lurk

ILove2Lurk Lisbeth Salander

Any list! Yes!

Google searches are used nowadays to vet and search the backgrounds of prospective executives and public corporation employees.

Could be a career killer.

6. Jump

Jump Operating teatime

Thanks Scooter, nice piece.

My summary...
    So, in your experience, the orgs will go well if there is no rabid heavy regging and ethics. They get good student numbers and a decent cash flow. BUT that was before the truth really came out on the internets... Now they are totally bleeped. :yes:

(Worth a click.)

7. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

Yeah, his tech on washing windows was quite good. :whistling:

8. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

I do think it would be a worthwhile project for the reasons you mentioned.

However, I suspect it would be much faster to assemble a list of 'Who's Still In?' :coolwink:

But then you'd still run into the problem of people not wanting their names to be added to that list either. :no:

(And other people who were really out but didn't want that known as they were "under the radar" might choose to still add their names to the list even though they're really not in.)

We could create a list with columns: 'IN', 'OUT' , 'NOT SURE' , 'REFUSED TO ANSWER'

9. Leon

Leon Gold Meritorious Patron

Stockholm Syndrome

10. Gib

Gib Crusader

So is being on staff for a few years, and especially being on staff in the Sea Org,

but,

Hubbard gave the "sales pitch" that any SO Executive or Staff Member would be a "star" in the wog world.

(Do you remember him writing this in a PL? I'm sure Face does.)

Hubbard was implying that learning the admin & auditor training of scientology was the greatest newest cutting edge of life on Earth. :laugh:

And I fell for it. :laugh:

11. Udarnik

Udarnik Gold Meritorious Patron

That sounds like a Catholic birth control method.

12. ILove2Lurk

ILove2Lurk Lisbeth Salander

I'm trying to forget that one.

[​IMG]

13. aegerprimo

aegerprimo Summa Cum Laude

That is serious... but funny at the same time. I am an Ex-Scientologist, that is my excuse and I am sticking to it! :hattip::laugh::dizzy:

14. Gib

Gib Crusader

yah,

well

all of hubbard's writings are lined with similar statements.

Like he audited 270 people in Dianetics and all became "clear". :blah: :blah::blah::blah::blah:

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

15. Gib

Gib Crusader

yah,

you went to boot camp. LOL

And if you leave "boot camp",

you're an SP.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recruit_training

16. Purple Rain

Purple Rain Crusader

Plenty of Christian sects practice shunning. I was kicked out of one.

17. Udarnik

The southern end of the Amish range overlapped with the area where I grew up. I knew Amish and Mennonites who had been shunned by their former communities, in fact that is why we US wogs use the word "shunned" for disconnection, because it's more familiar to us.

And as Purple Rain said, the more conservative Christian sects also do this. (Westboro Baptist is an extremist example, there are others closer to the mainstream). The Jehovah's Witnesses also practice disconnection, calling it "disfellowship".

All of those religious practices fall closer to the "cult" end of the cult-to-mainstream-religion spectrum, so I believe your point still stands, Chuck, it's just that, unfortunately, there is more than one cult in the world. $CN does not stand in good company in this respect.

18. Purple Rain

Purple Rain Crusader

In extreme circumstances, of course, there is also excommunication in the Catholic church. I'm not sure if they still do that these days, though.

19. Udarnik

Yeah, but that's only semi-shunning. They can't receive communion or other sacraments, but can still attend any service they like and can still talk to family, or even to any priest they so choose, not just an Ethics Officer.

Not that it's a good thing, mind you, it's just not as severe as shunning or disconnection.

20. Purple Rain

Purple Rain Crusader

Well, that's quite interesting because Scientology LOVES to compare disconnection to excommunication - but it seems there is really no comparison. Not that it doesn't suck not to get communion if you are a Christian, but you're not really disconnected from anyone. I've never really thought about it before, but thanks for explaining that to me.