What's new

CoS Faces Backpay Bill to Former Members!!!

Happy Days

Silver Meritorious Patron
Just some thoughts, maybe not too coherent? on current long term staffers.

So what do current staff members do?

If they have been there for a few years or more they are probably up for compo and restitution too ? If they do get it they will be in lowers. They would have to give it back to the COS. But to give several years backpay and compo and just hand it back?
All that loot they could use on kid's education, unattended health, medical things,
accomodation..........not to mention OT levels, etc!

They could just wait out their current 2.5 or 5 year contract and leave and become public. Some would probably leave very quickly and others would just complete their contract. If they are to get the money they cannot be put in lowers just for recieving it because they did not cause that. They would have to get it by law, or scientology would be up for more payouts for violation.

So what would you do if you were current, long term staff. The best thing would be to leave right now, before the cult makes some deal which restricts the payouts to only former staff. (That might not be easy with the OZ Employment Ombudsman but you never know....) It would be best to get out now and put your name on the list so you can get your money. OSA? Are you getting this?

Some of the payments are going to be size XXXXX OS, with wages + compensation for violations of workers rights and violations of general human rights.

PS. It's like a volcano erupting.

We are waiting for the final report on the investigation and this should give clear guidelines and recommendations for all concerned.

Hopefully with this breaking news the final report is not too far away ...

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
I too am surprised that this has leaked in this way - as Feral said, there's much in the draft report that has the Co$ soiling itself very badly.:roflmao:

If you want a DETAILED, FACTUAL ACCOUNT of the $cientology workplace crimes, this report will have it.:yes:

Hopefully, it means this report will be officially released soon and we all can watch OSA try desperately to do the impossible in trying to keep the lid on a damning indictment into their business model AND their corporate structure. :hysterical:

Don't touch that dial, folks.:drama:

And, for some reason known only to Someone who believes He is God, expect the harassment on the M & M Show to go through the roof when this particular :shithitfan:

ps. For lurking OSAspawn, I'll bet you're not sleeping well these days, eh? It's gonna get a whole lot worse when the Demented Midget starts His handlings for this report on you. :biggrin:

I can't even begin to fell sorry for you this time. :dieslaughing:

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
I've got to side with Mystic on this. I vote for the Tania Doco version. :yes::coolwink:

That does it. I was considering writing a parody of "Waltzing Matilda" ... about a militant pot smoker. The makings of that are all in the tune ... from billabong to fill a bong, shwagman instead of swagman, etc. But now I think I will actuall get on that job. Slim Dusty forever ... especially with tunes like "A Pub With No Beer".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E0aZ387M_I&feature=related

Pete

Nicole

Silver Meritorious Patron
i_love_australia_tee_shirt_australian_flag-p2356250014461497933f4t_400.jpg

Mystic

Crusader
High style version. Personally, I like the Slim Dusty version better. BTW, I recently "applied the tech" by going to a downunder slang dictionary, looked up all my MU's, and figured out what the song is all about. I was really confused before ... I didn't understand what a billabong was, and thought it was some sort of Aussie mispronounciation of filling a weed pipe or something. Anyways, here is the link to the more traditional, Slim Dusty version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwvazMc5EfE

Pete

Slim is great. But Bachelor Girl is, well, a girl.

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
Just some thoughts, maybe not too coherent? on current long term staffers.

So what do current staff members do?
. . .

Excellent points. I'll work on the supposition that the average staffer is unhappy. They're not getting what they were promised (progress up the 'Bridge', pay, conditions, perks...), they're not seeing things go right at their org (numbers are way down) and they're being punished personally on an arbitrary and illogical basis. Basically, the current state of affairs isn't what they joined to do. That ought to sum it up for any staffer who isn't a lunatic.

So you want out. Except there are all the usual barriers that your virtual jailers will take delight in pointing out to you: you don't have 'wog' work experience or references. Where would you live? Your 'wog' skills are out of date. You can't afford to travel...

Now there's the prospect of a one-off lump sum for back pay. It's a one-time deal... and you know that if you stay in Scn, a reg will have that money back off you. You can't hide it from them, when they've paid it to you...

So. This is the time to blow. And it won't just be you, so there will be safety in numbers. Take the money, and use it. Start a new business. Go to college. Move to a new town, where there is no cult presence. Go back to your family. Something. Anything.

Or stay, and they'll take the money back and you can run in ever-decreasing circles until Scientology dies out.

Stark choices, but any rational being would take the money and leave. Cleverly, the Australian justice system has simultaneously deprived the cult of that which is most important to it -- money -- and victims. Well done, everyone!

OTBT

Patron Meritorious
Because I'm full of gin and bile, and feel like being [STRIKE]a royal pain in the ass[/STRIKE] overly redundant, here are a few of the Scientology Employment Policy Letters

http://www.scribd.com/doc/19462743/Scientology-Employment-Policy-Letters-

VOLUNTARY STAFF
It has long been known that when voluntary staff are permitted to hold full time Org posts, considerable Dev-T
ensues. This is mainly due to unfamiliarity with Org lines, discipline and policy.
When there is no known continuity of employment such as exists under contract, it becomes impossible to train
a staff member or keep accurate records of personnel.
Thus the following policy is mandatory:
1. The proper line for hiring staff is through the regular channel of Personnel Procurement.
2. Volunteers may only be put on a full time post, 'in training expecting to be hired'.
HCOPL of 1 May 1967 - VOLUNTARY STAFF
OEC Vol. 1, 1976 edition

==================================================

PART-TIME STAFF AND OVERTIME

Recently several upsets and emergencies have arisen over salaries. These upsets and emergencies have
occurred because wages are collected from the Bank on Thursday afternoon or Friday morning in order for
wage packets to be made up, but reports of overtime or exact number of hours of work done in the week
were not submitted in time for inclusion in the wages cheque. These upsets and errors arose through poor
timing and administration. In order to provide a service to you that is workable with the minimum or no upset or
emergencies the following Policy will be in force from Friday, 21 September 1962.

PART-TIME STAFF
Part-time staff will be employed for a minimum number of hours per week. These hours are fixed and will
therefore allow us to pay that person a fixed wage each week. Any work done in excess of these minimum
hours will be called "Overtime" and as such will be paid the following week.

OVERTIME
Overtime will not be paid in the week in which it is earned, but will be paid the following week.

OVERTIME CLAIMS
Any person claiming Overtime must fill in a time sheet and hand this time sheet to their Dept Head by Friday
12.00 (noon). The Dept Head will then make out the required Purchase Order for signature of LRH or MSH
(provided the work was authorized and a true record) which must be submitted before the 1.30 p.m. basket post
collection of that day. Upon receipt of the signed Purchase Order the accounts dept will draw the money due
and pay it out the following Friday.

HCOPL of 20 September 1962 - PART-TIME STAFF AND OVERTIME
OEC Vol. 3, 1976 edition

GENERAL BONUS:
An amount of money paid in excess of salary on a six months or yearly basis.
CHRISTMAS BONUS:
One week's salary formerly paid at the discretion of the Executive Director at Christmas time and which is
cancelled by this directive in favour of a larger and different bonus.
NET PROFIT:
The "net profit" of an organization is the amount an organization makes above its income that is then paid out to
directors or stockholders as a profit. Net profit forms no part of this directive or its calculations, and the general
bonus is not paid on the basis of net profit as Saint Hill is not run on a profit basis. Net Profit also means
taxable profit, which is not part of the plan, being a matter of accountancy.
DESCRIPTION
At the end of every six months period, those staff members who have been with the organization for one year
will receive a bonus based on certain percentages of the cash differential of a department or the organization.
Those heads of departments who are in charge of Production Departments will receive 20% of the cash
differential for that period, based on weeks, they are or have been the head of that department, providing the
post was occupied for more than six months and providing that they have been with the organization in any
capacity a full year and that they remain in any capacity with the organization for a minimum of six months after
having ceased to be head of that department. A fraction of a six months period, in cases of removal as head of
department before six months have been served is not then payable as such after removal and only for those
weeks actually in charge of that department. This applies only to Production Departments, not to units.
The staff member employed in a production department receives his share of 10% of that Department's
Departmental Cash Differential. In case of a partial period with one department the bonus is paid on the basis of
weeks of service in that department, the weeks being those actually served and the bonus being based
generally on the cash differential of those weeks and the number of staff members in that department at that
time.
A staff member who is a member of a unit, not a department, receives his or her share of 5% of the
Organizational Cash Differential for the weeks in the six months employed on a unit, providing the unit staff
member remains with the organization. Where a staff member is transferred from a unit to a Production
Department the unit bonus is paid for the weeks on a unit and the Production Department bonus is paid for
those actual weeks in the Production Department. A unit staff member's share is calculated by taking the
Organization Cash Differential for any week and dividing it by the number of unit staff members on staff at that
time.
To arrive at a weekly departmental Cash Differential for any one department one takes the weeks of that month,
adds the total cash receipts of the department for that month, subtracts the salaries and bills of that department
and its general share for that month and divides the difference between receipts and expenses by 4 or 5
depending on whether the month covered more nearly 4 weeks or 5 weeks, a fact which averages.
The Organization Secretary receives 10% of the Organizational Cash Differential.
The head of Department One receives no bonus and staff members of Department One are considered Unit
Members except where they also belong to other departments.
A full time staff member is one who works a minimum of 40 hours in a week, not including the lunch
hour. A part time staff member is one who works less than 40 hours a week. A bonus is calculated and
paid on the basis of a full time staff member. Part time staff members, regardless of what part of the 40
hour week worked are counted as half a bonus, and are paid half a bonus. In calculating the amount of
the bonus part time staff members are used as half a staff member.
No bonus is paid anyone for weeks he is on vacation or out sick for any part of the week, or weeks in
which any part of a day was taken off.

No person may receive a general bonus for two or more departments or a unit and a department share for the
same week.
The existence of the bonus in no way deprives management of transferring or dismissing personnel at its
own discretion.
All existing bonus or commission arrangements including the Christmas Bonus are cancelled.
Any liability for Income Tax by reason of general bonus lies entirely with the receiving individual and not
with the organization and acceptance of a general bonus is accepted only with this condition.
The organization takes no responsibility for any matters of tax on the bonus and must report it when
paid, by law.
No advances on bonus owing will be paid.
Heads of departments who serve less than 6 months in that capacity will be paid only on the unit staff member
basis from the percentage he would otherwise receive, and if departing from employ forfeits bonus.
The General Bonus comes under the heading of a gift and is not owed to the employee as it forms no part of his
work contract. This scheme may be altered or withdrawn at any time by the Organization at its discretion.
If you make more money in a Department or help the organization make money by doing your job or promoting
better or working harder and help the organization do its work at less cost, then you will receive your ample
share of that difference. The earning potential of Saint Hill is high.
HCOPL of 26 June 1964 - STAFF BONUSES
OEC Vol. 3, 1976 edition

MODEL STAFF APPLICATION FORM
I understand that my signing a contract for 2 1/2 years beginning with the date of going on staff, any and all
training and processing I will subsequently receive while on contract will be given without charge.
(a) I wish to go on staff now and sign the contract and a note now and do any further training part time.
(b) I wish to take my HDC Course first and will sign the staff contract and a note before enrollment
understanding that if I break the contract the full fee becomes due and payable and I will be refused further
training or processing in any org.
AS A CONTRACTED STAFF MEMBER I REALIZE I WILL RECEIVE MY POWER PROCESSING IN THIS ORG
WHEN MY CASE IS FULLY PREPARED FOR IT.
(If a minor, I will present written consent of parents or Guardian to work in the org with this application.)
If employed, I agree to receive pay proportionate to org income from week to week.
If employed, I agree to the usual rules and regulations that govern staff members.
HCOPL of 1 March 1970 - MODEL STAFF APPLICATION FORM
OEC Vol. 1, 1976 edition

STAFF PAY
HEREAFTER:
1. NO SCN ORG STAFF MEMBER MAY GO UNPAID.
2. A MINIMUM OF 30% OF CGI MUST GO TO STAFF PAY.
3. DELETED
4. THE PAY SCALE OF BPL 14 JULY 75R-1 (REVISED 18 AUG 76) IS TO BE PUT IN. A/G PAY IS
EXCEPTED OR PER DGF WW.
5. ANY DISPUTES OR ADJUSTMENTS TO BE SETTLED BY AGF CONTINENTAL EU.
6. THIS SYSTEM AND ORDER APPLIES ONLY TO FULLY CONTRACTED STAFF.
7. PERSONS MOONLIGHTING IN ANY WAY THAT INFLUENCES THEIR ORG PROGUCTION HOURS ARE
NOT ELIGIBLE.
8. IT IS A COMM EV OFFENSE TO NOT COMPLY WITH THE PROVISIONS OF THIS ED.
9. IT IS A COMM EV OFFENSE TO PAY HIGH SELECTIVE UNITS OR TO GIVE OUTSIDE AUDITORS HIGH
PAY SO THAT STAFF ID BEGGARED.
10. BONUSES ARE TO BE PAID PER BPL 14 JULY 75R-1 RE-REVISED 18 AUG 76 “PROPORTIONATE
PAY PLAN 1976”. DESPITE ITS PILOT STATUS THIS BPL HAS THE FULL FORCE OF POLICY IN EU.
LRH Executive Directive 13 EU dated 22 July 1974, Revised 15 September 1976 – STAFF PAY
Priority Issues 1982, Printed and Compiled by FOLO EU

Last edited: