COS Italy suing Maria Pia Gardini

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
From mnql1
Member posted it @ WWP (thanks Mnql1~ You frikken ROCK! <3)

COS Italy suing Maria Pia Gardini

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Translation of a March 31, 2010 Italian article on the UK-based mondoraro.org website (Italy and worldwide news).
http://www.mondoraro.org/2010/03/31...izio-maria-pia-gardini-per-2-milioni-di-euro/
| MondoRaro, an independent free magazine from UK | IT and Worldwide News

Scientology suing Maria Pia Gardini for 2 million euros

by Gianni Leone
March 31, 2010

Scientology is suing Maria Pia Gardini for 2 million euros and has cowardly decided not to face off against the publisher, Edizioni Paoline, or to sue the journalist co-author of her books, Albert Laggia. The persecutory intentions of the well-known psycho-sect, which is at the center of controversy and trials around the world, are clear.

In the citation [dated March 30, 2010 and available in Italian in a PDF file], Maria Pia Gardini is accused of having "behaved and spoken on many occasions with totally unjustified acrimony and anger toward the Church of Scientology" and of carrying out a plan designed to damage the psycho-sect, to defame it and to discriminate against it.

The interesting thing is that Gardini is cited because "the harm caused by these behaviors and injuries was suffered by the Church as an institution representing the Scientology community in Italy as well as by individual believers, who inevitably will be affected by the negative impact of the defendant's claims."

This is lunacy!

It's like saying that no one can legitimately criticize a religion. It's an act of censorship, of extreme legal violence which seeks to isolate, shame, and humiliate Ms. Gardini. For this reason, I not only express my solidarity with Ms. Gardini, but I formally request that Scientology or "Scamology, pay to believe ..." undergo the same treatment applied to Ms. Gardini and be taken to court in Italian territory. I would be delighted to launch a lawsuit against what is one of the most dangerous psycho-sects that operates worldwide. I would be happy to bring before any judge, the testimony and evidence I have gathered about the acts perpetrated by Scientology, which I love to call fondly: Diarrheology.

Like Ms. Gardini, I too, want to be accused of "using terms that are aggressive and clearly offensive, inasmuch as they denigrate the personality and honor" of Scientology.
Let this be a battle against silence and arrogance.

I appeal to the Anonymous group, which for years has fought Scientology worldwide.

My email is [email protected]. I respectfully ask that you send to my address the material collected over the years: links, testimonies and documents.

I pledge that your material and the material collected by myself will be delivered to Ms. Gardini to enable her to present it in the case that concerns her.

Remember that Scientology in the U.S. is in the midst of a storm because the leaders have exploited, beaten, and underpaid their staff. Its employees were forced to work 7 days a week, from early morning until late at night, for fifty dollars a week.

Moreover, some former followers of Scientology in Italy have told me that the Scientology psycho-sect often sends Italian capital abroad disguised as donations.

For this reason, I formally, from the pages of this magazine, request:

that the competent authorities verify the actual funds and property of Scientology on Italian territory
that the Ministry of Health perform a verification concerning the "Narconon" communities which charge money for a detoxification method with no scientific value
that consumer groups campaign against this psycho-sect which operates on Italian territory and practices mental conditioning
that antitrust authorities take action against the "deceptive advertising" and "press releases" that Scientology spreads over the Internet
In conclusion, I appeal to all honest parliamentarians who know the dangers of psycho-sects to launch an inquiry into the real activity of Scientology in Italy.

The problem of psycho-sects touches 1 million people in Italy. It is a very grave problem which must be tackled seriously and firmly.

/r/ translation for the writ> http://www.mondoraro.org/wp-content...-per-2milioni-di-euro-a-Maria-Pia-Gardini.pdf

Last edited:

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
So they are actually doing that! - I don't think I've seen anything as stupid in a long time.. Go for it scilons!!!

This will be excellent promotion for Maria's books worldwide! - I'll be watching for the english translation!

:yes:

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
What a waste.

That moron in charge will waste every dime scientology has on fat lawyers like this tub of lard who used to represent the Gambino crime family..

Every dime the dwarf flushes down a toilet is one less dime that will be recoverable by ex staff and members seeking legal redress..after having their entire lives stolen by lies.

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Well Arnie, if anyone can put together a decent info package for the Lady it'd be you amigo! Maybe glean a list of info links from your site or something? Dunno, but Marie is going to need all the information she can get her hands on.
What amazes me about this is that basically she is speaking mainly of her experiences and insights, how cult is going stop the truth will be the usual crap of trying to wear everyone down with piles of crap. I hope Ms. Gardini has done her homework on how the cult worked on Paulette Cooper.
As for the mob lawyer, hm, have a feeling the mob wouldn't be too impressed with the con of LRon minions cutting into their territory :D ;)
Catholics Online should 'poon da Pope on her behalf too me thinks!:yes:

'Ma?'
'Yeh Pa?'
'Shit-storms a-commin'
'I best get the laundry in then Pa'
'I'll makes us some poppy-corns Ma'

Feral

Rogue male
Yes Greebly,

I just got in comm with Gianni and Maria Pia.

Michel.

Is she in good spirits? Let her know we are interested and support her!

I imagine it should be an easy case for her to win but typical of the cult, difficult and arduous to fight. They'd have no real goal to actually win this, just a desire to drive her into silence and consume her time energy and money.

Is there any pro-bono legal help available to her?

hartley

Patron with Honors
Let me channel the Great Leader:

"What? You FUCKS haven't sued that bitch yet?? Do I have to do EVERYTHING for you?
"You don't sue the publisher you sue the writer. Merchants of Chaos are cowards and they are NUNS for fuck's sake, they will run away screaming their stupid implanted brains off. It worked with Jon Atack, we sued him NOT his publisher, he caved in and hasn't said a word since and stupid Amazon think his books are banned.
"It worked then, that was Tech working, I proved it and it will work every time unless you fucks mess it up."

Ladybird

Silver Meritorious Patron
In the citation [dated March 30, 2010 and available in Italian in a PDF file], Maria Pia Gardini is accused of having "behaved and spoken on many occasions with totally unjustified acrimony and anger toward the Church of Scientology" and of carrying out a plan designed to damage the psycho-sect, to defame it and to discriminate against it.

The interesting thing is that Gardini is cited because "the harm caused by these behaviors and injuries was suffered by the Church as an institution representing the Scientology community in Italy as well as by individual believers, who inevitably will be affected by the negative impact of the defendant's claims."

It seems to me they are giving Maria Pia Gardini a lot of power and credibility. I wonder how they plan to prove her "acrimony and anger are unjustified" considering her well documented history with the cult and the millions they stole from her? Also how can 1 person telling their true story harm and injure a cult with a criminal history and a terrible world wide reputation?

In the US Hubbards tactics might work because the accused has to pay their own defense, how do the courts work in Italy?

$$$$$$$*****SACRED CULT SCRIPTURE*****$$$$$$$

"The purpose of a lawsuit is to harass and discourage rather than to
win.... Don't ever defend. Always attack. Find or manufacture enough
threat against them to cause them to sue for peace. Originate a black PR
campaign to destroy the person's repute and to discredit them so
thoroughly they will be ostracized. Be alert to sue for slander at the
slightest chance so as to discourage the public presses from mentioning
Scientology.

It is my specific intention that by the use of professional PR (black PR)
tactics any opposition not only be dulled but permanently iradicated."
-- L. Ron Hubbard
HCOPL 30 may 1974

Michel

Patron with Honors
Is she in good spirits? Let her know we are interested and support her!

I imagine it should be an easy case for her to win but typical of the cult, difficult and arduous to fight. They'd have no real goal to actually win this, just a desire to drive her into silence and consume her time energy and money.

Is there any pro-bono legal help available to her?

Hi Feral,

She broke her foot a few days ago, but she is getting better. I am with her and she will have my total support. I am gonna meet Gianni in a few days and see how we can counter sue the fuckers.

Michel.

Michel

Patron with Honors
It will backfire in the [email protected] of David Miscavige, simply because Italy nowadays has many disaffected former $cientologists, who were robbed, betrayed, and hurt by the Church of Scientology.

I am one of them!

The Italian Scientologist community is number 2 in the world, behind the USA.

But, i know that lot of them are seriously disaffected.

Michel.

Lavalyte

Patron with Honors
It seems to me they are giving Maria Pia Gardini a lot of power and credibility. I wonder how they plan to prove her "acrimony and anger are unjustified" considering her well documented history with the cult and the millions they stole from her?

They aren't in it for winning or losing. They are suing to cause as much pain, distress and general inconvenience as they can. If they cause Monica to spend a lot of money, they think they've won. If the cause her to spend a lot of time on the case, they think they've won. They don't believe they can lose (past experience to the contrary) because the CoS has no institutional memory due to the high turnover, as well as knowing they are cashed up and Homo Novis-y, as well as having too much pressure placed on them to consider long-term outcomes.

mnql1

Patron Meritorious
Update Dec. 1, 2010

Update from Maria Pia Gardini, dated Dec. 1, 2010, translated from the Italian EXSCN discussion group:

https://groups.google.com/group/exscn/browse_thread/thread/d0d1cee28437a054?hl=it#

As you may have read, proceedings have have begun in Grosseto in the lawsuit brought against me by Scientology for my first book I miei anni in Scientology ("My Years in Scientology"), for which they are seeking 2 million euros. Their lawyer is from Rome and she is OT 4, or at least that is what I read in the Flag Service Completions.

Regardless of the fact that they are suing me for the first book after the second had already been published; regardless of the fact that they are suing me alone and not the publisher, Paoline, and not the coauthor, Laggia, contrary to what the law on publishing stipulates; regardless of the fact that 3 years have elapsed since the first book came out: I would like to quote article 7 of the Scientology Creed which states: "That all men have inalienable rights to think freely, to talk freely, to write freely their own opinions and to counter or utter or write upon the opinions of others."

As usual, they are very virtuous in writing, or at least Ron was, but when it comes to praticing what they write ... that is an entirely different matter altogether.

We shall see how it will end. Kisses to all.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
I once read in an autobiography by Sophia Loren that you can sue people VERY easily in Italy...but this is absolutely nuts. "Unjustified anger"?

Jesus.

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
I wonder if Debbie Cook will pay her back the million dollar's she extorted from her? :duh: Will Debbie do a "treason" formula and make up the damage she did to others whilst the captain at FRAUD LAND BASE?:eyeroll: