ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

COS Proposes Net Censorship In Australia

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by skollie, Sep 6, 2009.

1. skollie

skollie Silver Meritorious Patron

CoS AU try to get law changes because of Anonymous

From WWP
    http://forums.whyweprotest.net/291-scientology-discussion/cos-bawww-australian-government-52492/

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2009
  2. Axiom142

Axiom142 Gold Meritorious Patron

tl;dr version:

We, the Cult of Scientology have been very upset by all this protesting and adverse media reports. This has caused chaos in or our little tin-pot cult and we are so useless that we cannot do anything to stop it and most of out Australian members have left, leaving us with no income.

The nasty Anonymous people hide behind masks so we can’t find out who they are and intimidate then into stopping. The press and media hide behind their unfair defence of “telling the truth” and we can’t sue as the stupid law says that telling the truth is a defence.

We are very desperate now, so even though we hate all governments because we believe them to be suppressive, will you please change the law so that no one is allow to speak out against us brainwashing people?

Axiom142

Last edited: Sep 6, 2009
  3. Mystic

Mystic Crusader

^^^This.

4. Div6

Div6 Crusader

This would be a pyrrhic victory for them: "Recommendation 5.3 advocates a law to ‘proscribe the advocacy of religious hatred that constitutes incitement to discrimination, hostility or violence as required by ICCPR Article 20.’ The Recommendation continues by stating that, ‘[t]his [law] should exempt from the proscription of religious vilification acts done reasonably and in good faith:
    in the performance, exhibition or distribution of artistic work;
    in the course of any statement, publication, discussion or debate made or
    held for any genuine academic, artistic or scientific purpose or any other
    genuine purpose in the public interest; or
    in making or publishing a fair and accurate report of any event or matter of public interest.’"

They can't handle the truth.

5. Axiom142

Absolutely. In fact, it could work against them. For example, they try to get protestors convicted for handing out fliers, but when it goes to court, the defence shows that they were telling the truth. And then the CoS are shown to be a bunch of hypocrites who are trying to suppress the truth.

But of course, like most cult followers, they cannot see that far ahead. They are in a panic and have no idea of how to handle this situation that they have created.

Axiom142

6. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

Posted this on WWP.

==================
    For more than a year I've been suggesting that the protesters
    have better relations with Freezoners. All those I've met at protests have
    been very friendly to me. There has been a small minority who just like to
    bash the FZ and me, particularly on Enturb org.

Here now is an opportunity. The australian government should be
    informed that the COS institutionally practices religious discrimination
    againt the Protestant Freezone religion, has picketed our conferences
    and has at least one anon website attacking us. Then there are the
    visits by OSA! The ten year legal attack on David mayo, and much more.

This is the greatest untold story re the COS.

Anyone who's serious about forwarding this may contact me at
    [email protected]

7. dchoiceisalwaysrs

dchoiceisalwaysrs Gold Meritorious Patron

OH, I see you beat me to the fixing Axiom.

I got tired..TL;Don't type any more LOL

But here is a draftfixed

NOT but should be from

Church of Scientology Submission
    to the
    Freedom of Religion and Belief in the 21st Century Project
    20 February 2009

The Church of Scientology wishes to thank the Commission for the opportunity of participating in this

important and timely discussion. Our Church has always advocated religious tolerance NOTE, ATTACHED
    LIST OF institutions and individuals which as of 1992 we have Oppressed via "Fair Game" one of our

illegal Religious Doctorines because they don't believe as we do. and congratulates the Australian

Government for this initiative. (LRH Quote. ...Scientology will say what is legal, @ we will be the

government.

Our submission addresses several issues, which have affected the Church since the release of the 1998

Report, ‘Article 18: Freedom of Religion and Belief’. We will begin by alerting the Commission to

the constant campaign of abuse to which our Church and members have been involved in and subjected

many citizens of our Nation and beyond by a group who call themselves ‘Anonymous(because we have

made it a liability for them to live and speak freely) and will follow this with our (command

intention)recommendations on how the Government could best address this issue. Secondly, we will

address the impact on our parishioners and clergy of media reports which contain Previous Successfuly Suppressed

truths unaltered and more accurately represented information about our Church and beliefs and we

recommend that this issue also be addressed by the Government by passing appropriate legislation or

amending existing legislation (again Scientology will say what is legal, as we are certain that we

are not the only Criminals subjected to such ethical media stories.

Anonymously we could state, but now we are being exposed;

Since January 2008, the Church of Scientology has been subjected to a continuing campaign exposing

our violence and abuse of anyone who would dare oppose us, escape from us,from a group calling

themselves ‘Anonymous’whom we HATE. This entity has been described as a group of “cyber

terrorists” as its actions have previously focused on Internet harassment and other crimes but are

now focusing on ours. However, in the last 13 months We have also (i.e. as well as their internet

based assaults)(REFERENCE ARS attack and Tory Magoo participation ect) committed acts of harassment

and criminal offences “in real life” against citizens, Government and private individuals, and even

tried to establish a protection racket. Anonymous members have made numerous bomb threats, arson

threats and committed acts of vandalism against Scientology churches NOTE HERE. THis is a generality

wherein we take one or two examples of Rogue individuals and tar the fabian truth revealers each and

everyone of them with one broad stroke.. We see no reason why we should be investigated even though

our rabid disrespect for the average citizen dwarfs the rare juvenile even outright stupid missteps

of some individuals. We have made harassing phone calls, constantly calling previous parishioners to

the extend of being vulgar and threatening with eternal oblivion. Painted apostates as Wogs. and

detained active parishioners, forcing under confinement and extreme pressure to donate beyond their

means and to commit whatever fraud is necessary upon relatives, credit card companies, in order that

we may launder those donations to our Legal harrasement teams and Machivelian PR machines on the

Internet and publicly to kill Scientologists engaged in religious services (why are we dead.net

especially Lisa). WE have also targeted the children of Scientologists to prevent them from going to

local schools where they might have a non-Zeolot education and to rather train them in our ways of

Promising a Piece of Blue Sky, but delivering them unto constant circumvention and participation of

child labor laws or a financial chasm as adults.

In Sydney we often are found outside the local Churches, inside government departments, wearing

invisible masks and photographing confidential documents.We even train parishioners, staff, on how to

obtain vehicle number plates, etc, in order to deliberately harass and intimidate anyone who does

agree with our goal to Clear the Planet. We talk on the Internet trying to disrupt open discussion

and seed slander and libel wherever possible deliberately angering or instilling fear and upset into

citizens who think they have a right to believe what they want.
    Please see our Ethics codes where it's stated that having an OPEN MIND is a threat to our con.

It is a malicious campaign of hate that claims protection under the democratic banner of Religious

Freedom and entitles us to slander and libel while being above the law of the land. However, in

truth, the Church of Scientology is anathema to democracy. It overtly states that its intention is to

destroy (see fair game policy) LRH Declare of an entire government and way of living for an entire

community of people. Its initial “Long Term Strategy” specifically laid out that members should

make false, criminal claims against apostates and consciencious objectors and their lawyers and

judges (Some examples) & (TRLIE) and anyone else who doesn't agree/submit to the Church. To

overwhelm Church computers and create havoc for the operations of the Church is not what was expected

even though we the Church have done that not only on the internet but even to the IRS to get them to

buckle. Sending abusive faxes, emails and letters pretending NOT to be Scientologists or reporting to

the Church some invented crime by a well known Scientologist or ex-scientologist in an effort to get

that individual into trouble with the Church itself. Yes we even have our own internal politics

although one would not think there could be such an Enemy Within, in our dictatorship.

The Church of Scientology hate group has created chaos by interfering with Church parishioners

communications RPF and disconnection, making false reports, Gang bang sec checks,Committies of

Evidence(Kangaroo courts) and hiding human rights abuses within the Church to local officials and by

harassing parishioners and staff. Its goal is to place sufficient fear into the hearts of

Scientologists that they are too afraid to not go to their own church; and to create loathing of

Scientology and Scientologists through a deliberate campaign of public disinformation. And NO we do

not believe we have or are a Cancer, that stuff is just in the mind.

On January 30, 2008, Anonymous members sent letters containing simulated anthrax to over 20

Scientology Churches in Southern California.We haven't figured out yet if it is from our own

parishioners or Alqueda, but we will state categorically that it is not our Anonymous PI's and our

OSA staff

Anonymous have also sent threatening emails to the Church, similar to the one's we sent on behalf of

Paulette Cooper including, “ [I will] kill you … I have the authority to use lethal force”, and

“I’m watching you, and I control the bombs.
    We are now above the law, and no way will raids like the FBI ones in 1977 occur again. Besides we

destroy documents that are suppeoned for courts.

And on February 13, 2008, Anonymous placed a video on the Internet, saying:

“We are an elite Anonymous. On the 13th of March 2008… one 5 kilogram pack of nitroglycerin will

detonate in the Churches of Scientology across the United States of America… This will be the

world’s biggest terrorist attack on a religion. Lives will be lost….A separate personal attack on

[the President of the Church] will be launched on the 13th of March 2008 at an undisclosed time. His

execution along with the deaths of other countless Scientologists will strike fear into the hearts of

every member of this cult.”

Law enforcement authorities have been notified of these illegal activities. We are trying to deny

that we may have pulled this in due to past and current atrocities we are commiting (would you also

establish a law prohibiting Karma) but if we revealed those truths we might be vanquished so we have

been doing our best to suppress any information about our own daily illegal activities. See you don't

know of any do YOU.

The members of Anonymous mainly associate via Internet forums and Internet game websites. They remain

anonymous by wearing masks at their protests against the Church, and the use of code names and other

Internet privacy measures.This is frustrating our Legal and harassement divisions to no end as we are

unable to effectively suppress our crimes anymore. More and more of our parishioners are escaping, er

..we mean becoming apostates and we are losing our power to commit war against human decency.
    We ask that the Government please stop protecting it's citizens and let us carry on with our

subversive activities. And if asking you is not adequate, don't worry, we have enough psychopolital

operatives as evidenced by the largest infiltration of the USA goverment, oh so long ago..and since

we are the fastest growing religion on the planet we are sure you will not even dare object to our

laws.

The campaign of abuse began with the Internet servers being attacked in early 1992? This attack was

orchestrated over the Internet and resulted in significant damage and financial cost to our Church.

At least one of our members as Anonymous, as copy catted by Dmitriy Guzner from Verona, New Jersey,

has been charged with and plead guilty to the cyber attack. Since our campaign began, our Churches in

both Australia and internationally have been subjected to bomb threats, arson threats, violence,

received threatening faxes and phone calls, including death threats, and been the victim of

defamatory websites. WE know we have done the same kind of thing in the past, but both the statutes

of limitations and enough evidence has been destroyed and citizens attacked by us were not believed

and or protected by their Governments, and we the Church of Scientology have NO intention of letting

you do so. In Sydney for example, two female Church staff were targeted sexually on the Anonymous

website recently and subject to intimidation and harassment. We know that the Anonymous website is a

take off of our TR0 Bullbaiting..sexual innuendo, intimidation and harassment are all part of TRs

courses but we add lying and we think that Anonymous should pay for the course packs at the very

least. Hell, we are a commercial enterprise and should be respected as such.

Bottom LINE. WE ARE FAILING AND WE NEED THE GOVERNMENTS HELP TO PROTECT US FROM THE OUTRAGE OF EVERY

DECENT HUMAN BEING. IF YOU DON'T..SOMEDAY WE WILL BE THE GOVERNMENT.

PS. most of our parishioners have no real idea of the Arocities that don't occur in the Church of

Scientology or they feel obligated to overlook any they might have thought they noticed as they are

not like the Elite Management. They are just human beings. We need their basic goodness to leech

from.

Sincerely,

The Devil' Pointing Finger incorporated.

8. AnonShaw

AnonShaw Patron with Honors

9. Iknowtoomuch

Iknowtoomuch Gold Meritorious Patron

We all know that people who voice their opinions are super duper evil! Please stop them.

10. Barbarious

Barbarious Patron

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahaha.......
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA
    hahahahahahahhehehhehehhh....

I haven't laughed so hard in a long time..

"In Sydney for example, two female Church staff were targeted sexually on the Anonymous website recently and subject to intimidation and harassment."

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHhaHAHAAHHAA...

"They have also targeted the children of Scientologists in a local school where they have taunted children whilst wearing masks."

That is not true.

11. RogerB

RogerB Crusader

Nice Post, Terril

Nice post of good points of fact.

The other true story not told enough is the fact that the "church" of scio is a phony religious endeavour created for the sole reason of obtaining whatever religious protections are legitimately available to true religious orders and practices.

I was there and well remember it as the a profit earning corporation (the Hubbard Association of Scientologists International). And I well remember the instructions coming down from Hubbard's Communication Office to adopt and assert its "religious nature" when it became expedient to do so in the context of the protections afforded under US law and of conventions in other countries.

Its "religious nature" is a sham and fraudulently adopted to protect itself from legal repercussions stemming from its belligerent actions against others and those who do not see eye-to-eye with it.

This unsavory history needs be revealed.

RogerB

12. cakemaker

cakemaker Patron Meritorious

According to a post at OCMB, this was picked up by Slashdot.org at
    http://yro.slashdot.org/story/09/09...entology-Proposes-Net-Censorship-In-Australia

"Submitted by the Australian branch of Scientology to the local Human Rights Commission is a proposal to eliminate anonymity on the net and the removal of critical websites (MS Word document). The submission is listed as #1931 at this page at the Australian Human Rights Commission."

More here, on Slashdot.org : http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09/09/07/0520225

13. Fancy

Fancy Patron Meritorious

I have ceased looking at it as a religion. I look at it as a philosophy of life and since it has no God or gods it is not a religion as I define one.

I follow the auditing but now I am dumping the policies as I see often it is the large part of the problems.

Some policy may have some good to it but it also has a hell of a lot of bad to it.

I can now reject what I don't see is true and I hate PR no matter who uses it as it is often not true. From companies to religions.

I see why you guys think as you do. I would not want a world run by Scientology even if I still follow the auditing tech.

I am starting to lean in support of the Venus like project. Maybe not that project but something like it.

Barb

14. Axiom142

And Another Thing!

Thinking about this a bit more, it seems to me to be hypocritical in the extreme for the CoS to be complaining about getting bomb threats, when Scientologists working under the orders of the wife of Hubbard (if not Hubbard himself), faked bomb threats against their own organisations. This is detailed in the actions taken against Paulette Cooper, here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Freakout

“In December 1972, a woman ostensibly soliciting funds for United Farm Workers stole a quantity of stationery from Cooper's apartment. A few days later, the New York Church of Scientology "received" two anonymous bomb threats. The following May, Cooper was indicted for making the bomb threats and arraigned for a Federal grand jury. The threats had been written on her stationery, which was marked with her fingerprints.

The charges were eventually dropped in 1975 with the filing of a Nolle prosequi order by the local US Attorney's office, but it was not until the fall of 1977 that the FBI discovered that the bomb threats had been staged by the Guardian's Office.[5] A contemporary memorandum sent between two Guardian's Office staff noted on a list of jobs successfully accomplished: "Conspired to entrap Mrs. Lovely into being arrested for a felony which she did not commit. She was arraigned for the crime."

And now the CoS are claiming that someone else has made bomb threats against them, but we have no tangible evidence that anyone is planning to bomb CoS premises.

Also, they complain that Anonymous “harass and intimidate” by taking photographs. Yet we have numerous videos on YouTube and elsewhere, including the BBC’s Panorama program where members of the CoS do exactly that to critics of them. They have even published personal details of people who have spoken out – just look at the Religious Freedom Watch website and the response to the St Peterburg Times articles when they released personal details of Rathbun, Rinder, Scobee and De Vocht, including photographs of their homes.

I wonder if the ‘Commission’ referred to in the submission are aware of the cult’s track record in these matters? Perhaps someone should make sure they know …?

Axiom142

15. Kha Khan

Kha Khan Patron Meritorious

From Slashdot:

Church of Scientology Proposes Net Censorship In Australia:
    On WWP: COS bawww to Australian government

16. ExVet

ExVet Patron with Honors

Freedom of Speech

Miscavige LOVES free speech - as long as HE is the only one free to say whatever the fuck he wants.

17. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

Good call Ax!

I did read earlier, like a year ago? That a so called bomb sent to
    clearwater was ascertained to be a fake. Anyone have URLs or anything?

18. Lucretia

Lucretia Patron with Honors

Racial vilification is apparently and unique Australian term. Here is Wikipedias definition:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Racial vilification is the term in the legislation of Australia that refers to a public act that encourages or incites others to hate people because of their race, nationality, country of origin, colour or ethnic origin. Public acts of this type are illegal according to e.g., the Racial Vilification Act 1996 of South Australia.

Vague provisions of the law that criminalise racial vilification caused criticism. In 2006 a controversy sparkled over a court decision not to prosecute an Australian aborigine girl according to the Vilification Act for calling someone "white slut". Critics classified this as an example of reverse discrimination, while Attorney-General of Western Australia Jim McGinty commented that "The laws are not about cracking down on name calling. What they are about is racial hatred in the most vile and serious of manners."

The intent of the proposed legistlation is clear, and I suppose the scilons are trying to codify the law so that it can be more precisely applied. Still, the facts are the facts. Can a fact be a vilification? Can a past personal experience be a vilification? Is a chat group a racial vilification?

I don't know. I do know that I detest this attempt to limit free speech and the dissemination of knowledge by deceitfully using the laws of a fair and fine country. Anything goes with them doesn't it?

19. Feral

Feral Rogue male

Like any of that's going to happen 'cos the Cof$ has asked for the government to protect it's right to harvest peoples lives.

I think they should ask for changes in the labor laws to facilitate the child snatching operation they had going with the scientology families they have under their control.

20. Lucretia

Lucretia Patron with Honors

We know they are bastards (a polite term) but does the government? On the face of it the proposed legislation would have supporters outside our particular nightmare. I'm sure the Jewish community would find it appealing, and others - Muslims, those weird christian sects - the Brotherhood, the hillsong evangalistic crusading knights in fairy floss, etc.