What's new

COS Proposes Net Censorship In Australia

byte301

Crusader
Good call Ax!

I did read earlier, like a year ago? That a so called bomb sent to
clearwater was ascertained to be a fake. Anyone have URLs or anything?

There was a protester walking around Flag with a lime green boom box. The scilons called the cops and told them the guy had a bucket of acid.:lol:

Don't know about the bomb threat.

TalleyWhacker

Patron with Honors
Alright you robust Aussies...fight this proposal.
Scream like Hell! :furious:
I don't know what you do down there to let politicians know what you think of legislative proposals but please do it.
Poste Haste and En Masse!
:thewave: :thewave:

Kha Khan

Patron Meritorious
I'm sure the Jewish community would find it appealing, and others - Muslims
I'm not knowledgeable about the Jewish community in Australia, but if it is like the Jewish community in the U.S., I am not sure it would support this. On the contrary, I would rather doubt it. My perception is that the Jewish community (at least in the U.S.) is a big supporter of the ACLU and free speech.

On the other hand, from my reading on the web and following the issues, I would be surprised if the Muslim community did not support this. My perception is that the Muslim community is fairly supportive of limiting speech that is critical of Islam on the grounds that it is all "hate speech."

Doom

Lurking.
I think that the Video of that Bomb threat was so damning for two reasons,

1 They had a month from the date of issue to make the video look more like the You tube one (so called experts in counter intelligents and audio visual production)

2 They thought that they could get away with it

Keep it coming OSA and Int Management, at the rate you are going I wont take long.

Note to OSA If you are looking for the "Why", You will find it above you on the Org board not on the ESMBoard.

And one final word
fb135.jpg

Carmel

Crusader
Ozzie exes...

See link below:

http://www.hreoc.gov.au/

It's The Australian Human Rights Commission, which commissioned the Australian Multicultural Foundation, (AMF) in association with RMIT University and Monash University, to prepare a report on Freedom of Religion and Belief in the 21st Century.

The CofS submission was one submitted for that report, but the 'window' for submissions relating to that report, is now closed.

You can though, write to the Australian Human Rights Commission about human rights violations by the CofS that you witnessed and/or were subjected to yourself.

I'd say go for it - Contact details are on the site above.

Lucretia

Patron with Honors
Racial vilification is apparently and unique Australian term.

I don't know what I was thinking when I posted this. I know we are talking about religious vilification. My only excuse is that it was early in the morning.

Any way, I went back to Wikipedia on the subject of religious vilification and it redirects to blasphemy - viz:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Religious vilification)

For other uses, see Blasphemy (disambiguation).

Blasphemy is the use of reference to one or more gods in a manner considered objectionable by a religious authority. It may include using sacred names as stress expletives without intention to pray or speak of sacred matters; it is also sometimes defined as language expressing disbelief or disapproved beliefs, or ridiculing religious figures or symbols. In some countries, these restrictions have the force of law, and may use the terms blasphemous libel, defamation of religion, vilification of religion, and religious vilification.

I don't know whether this is the definition the scilons had in mind, but what god are they thinking of?? Is it blasphemous now to say Ron f..g Hubbard or Davy bloody Miscarraige? I digress.

Reading down the article, there was a whole lot of stuff regarding the UNHCR's attempt to deal with religious vilification with special reference to Islam, although it includes all religions. I have pasted it's last resolution below.

On 26 March 2009, the UNHRC passed a resolution, proposed by Pakistan, which condemned the "defamation of religion" as a human rights violation by a vote of 23-11, with 13 abstentions. The resolution stated that "Defamation of religion is a serious affront to human dignity leading to a restriction on the freedom of their adherents and incitement to religious violence" and that "Islam is frequently and wrongly associated with human rights violations and terrorism." Supporters argued that the resolution is necessary to prevent the defamation of Islam while opponents argued that such a resolution would restrict freedom of speech.[30][31]

I wonder whether the scilons have been trawling through the UN's resolutions and thought that the religious vilification thing was a good way to protect itself. Also, is the Oz government addressing this issue because the UNHCR have passed quite a few resolutions on it?

Here is the website for those who are interested in further reading:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_vilification

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Religious Vilification : Wouldn't CoS's SP doctrine qualify as that? - Read up on the 'Penalties for Lower Conditions' PL.. That should clear it up.. If not, do the SP/PTS course.. Even their terms for the rest of humanity: 'WOG's', Raw Meat and Hubbards innumerous vilifications of every human endavour I can think of!?

GAWD! What a bunch of insufferable hypocrites!!!

:grouch:

Lucretia

Patron with Honors
GAWD! What a bunch of insufferable hypocrites!!!

:grouch:

Totally agree!!

Here is some more information:

The commision is the Australian Human Rights Commission, and this is taken directly from their web site:

http://www.hreoc.gov.au/partnerships/projects/freedom_religion.html

"Freedom of Religion and Belief in the 21st Century

The Commission has commissioned the Australian Multicultural Foundation, in association with RMIT University, Monash University, and the Australian Partnership of Religious Organisations, to prepare a report on Freedom of Religion and Belief in the 21st Century.

They will work with Islamic faith communities, as well as other interfaith, faith and civil society organisations, to record their concerns and gather ideas to build a socially cohesive and harmonious society.

The project will produce a major report on these issues which includes:

* demographic information about the size, spread, growth and location of religious groups in Australia
* recommendations for promoting freedom of religion and belief, including secular belief, in Australia

The research will examine whether cultural rights and beliefs are impinging on human rights; look at the connections between religion, political and cultural aspirations; and assess whether new technologies are changing the role, practice, promotion or evolution of religious belief and behaviour.

The report will also outline recent changes to the law in Australia and whether they have had an impact on freedom of religion and belief and cultural identity.

This research project will build on issues raised in the Commission’s 1998 report, Freedom of Religion and Belief; the 2004 report ‘Cultural Diversity and Safeguarding Australia’, produced by the Australian Multicultural Foundation; the preliminary findings of the state and national Muslim youth summits (due to end in June 2008); and recommendations from the national conference of Australian Imams.

The project began in December 2007 when the Steering Committee for the project met for the first time. A final report is expected to be released in 2010."

It seems that the Commission is only asking for submissions at this stage, and that it's real object is to arrive at some sort of middle ground with Islam.

Trust the $cilons to think they can muscle in on the act. I wonder how much weight their submission will carry? With all the lovely exposure the cult is getting, people are more accurately informed about the true nature of the cult.

Am i right in this, or is it more dangerous than I think?

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
...snip...

The project will produce a major report on these issues which includes:

* demographic information about the size, spread, growth and location of religious groups in Australia
* recommendations for promoting freedom of religion and belief, including secular belief, in Australia

..snip..

Does this also mean we will get a newer stat on the number of Scientologsists in Australia..I am particularily interested to see more about the "fastest growing religion"

And the second one I hope they include the recommendation to the COS to permit ex-scientologist to move on with their life and NEW beliefs FREELY.

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
tl;dr version:

We, the Cult of Scientology have been very upset by all this protesting and adverse media reports. This has caused chaos in or our little tin-pot cult and we are so useless that we cannot do anything to stop it and most of out Australian members have left, leaving us with no income.

The nasty Anonymous people hide behind masks so we can’t find out who they are and intimidate then into stopping. The press and media hide behind their unfair defence of “telling the truth” and we can’t sue as the stupid law says that telling the truth is a defence.

We are very desperate now, so even though we hate all governments because we believe them to be suppressive, will you please change the law so that no one is allow to speak out against us brainwashing people?

Axiom142

^This^

And, they are using our tactics - photographing people and license plates - and we don't like it. If we could patent these tactics we so would. Because we don't want others doing nasty deeds to us as we've done to them for years and years and years and even more years.

BooHoo CofS. You don't like it when others do to you as you've done to others.