Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Re: Cultmageddon - Lawsuit filed for fraudulent regging and refund scheme

^^^^My bold/underline & red above.

Dear Axiom142,

As much as I would love to see everything you describe happen, (okay, I also want CO$ mgmt in prison, too) I believe the attorneys for CO$ will settle -- quickly. The Babbitt quotes in blue above are a very effective way for an attorney to communicate directly to opposing counsel/client that 'it's about to rain and rain hard'. Babbitt knows CO$ doesn't want to open their books OR see more civil suits...that's why he's saying so publicly.

I hope I'm wrong.

In the quoted analysis above (post# 38) Manhattan attorney Scott Pilutik said:

"Garcia’s claims are fairly universal — so many members were shaken down in the same manner and could wind up joining this or filing similar suits. Consequently, Scientology will less motivated to settle because of the reasonable fear that others will soon line up behind Garcia. Only by getting the suit dismissed outright will they send the message they want and need to send. And that may be a difficult task here."

It looks like CoS is between a rock and a hard place. If they settle and pay out some cash than it will encourage others to line up behind the Garcia's to get their share as well. :)

Filter buster!

:
:
On ESMB questions are often asked about how to get through to scientologists - to get past their
cult imposed censorship and their self censorship.

I think this is going to get some of them onto the internet. Being regged under harassment is
something most will be in disagreement with. Many will have secret desires to see that stopped even if they go along with cult beliefs.

It can be seen as NOT about religion, about their beliefs, about the tech. It is just about money.
And many will see the money grabbing as off policy anyway.

So will this case be an intro course for some more ESMBers?

Apart from that, it's fabulous black (filthy) PR for the COS. Their money greed and scamming is going to get centre stage.

In the quoted analysis above (post# 38) Manhattan attorney Scott Pilutik said:

It looks like CoS is between a rock and a hard place. If they settle and pay out some cash than it will encourage others to line up behind the Garcia's to get their share as well. :)

Someone mentioned on Ortega's blog I think, that Garcias will not settle. They want sunlight on scientology.

Lori

Cheryl E Love
I just saw a blurb on HNN about an investigation into the church of Scientology. it showed the cover of a book written a few years ago by Jerry Staton (my first "exit" book)
The anchorman said stayed tuned tonight on Evening Express.:hifive::party:

looks like more and more coverage is finally happening!

its on now!! its about Wrights book. not the other one but.....sm grinning as I watch!

they are interviewing Karen Pressley now! Go Karen:)

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

JBWriter

Happy Sapien

Hmmm... between a rock and a hard place, you say?

Like a person whose inner doubts have to be repressed 24/7 so s/he can remain in contact with his/her own family?

Yep, I like it when CO$ has no easy way out.

JB (I really do want Babbitt to obtain and share ALL received pre-trial discovery docs/materials, but expect CO$ attorneys will fight very hard (and dirty) to keep such out of public domain (i.e., PACER, Justia, etc.).

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

From Blacks Law Dictionary:

Fraud: An intentional perversion of the truth for the purpose of inducing another in reliance upon it to part with some valuable thing or to surrender a legal right; a false representation of a matter of fact, whether by words or conduct, by false or misleading allegations, or by concealment of that which should have been disclosed, which deceives and is intended to deceive another so that he shall act upon it to his legal inquiry; anything calculated to deceive, whether by a single act or combination, or by suppression of truth, or suggestion of what is false, whether it be by direct falsehood or innuendo, by speech or silence, word of mouth, or look or gesture; fraud comprises all acts, omissions, and concealments involving a branch of legal or equitable duty and resulting in damage to another.

Purple Rain

Crusader

Here's a quick peek inside COB's office using special remote viewing technology:

[video=youtube;78W-J3tpL6s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78W-J3tpL6s[/video]

I thought a Donald Duck one would be appropriate, but couldn't find a good clip. Lol!

Purple Rain

Crusader
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20130123/us-scientology-lawsuit/?utm_hp_ref=arts&ir=arts

"...A common tactic, Babbitt said, when a disaster unfolded somewhere in the world, would be to send a small group of Scientologists with a camera crew that would pay locals in the affected area to appear on camera. A scene would essentially be staged, he claims, in which people would be begging or appear starving, even if it weren't the case...

Wow, I had never heard of this before! That is so low, but not surprising.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

JB (I really do want Babbitt to obtain and share ALL received pre-trial discovery docs/materials, but expect CO$ attorneys will fight very hard (and dirty) to keep such out of public domain (i.e., PACER, Justia, etc.).

I imagine that the Co$ will hire the best legal team they can as there is a lot at stake here, but whomever it will be they're going to find themselves in a heavyweight match.

Since 1973, Mr. Babbitt has been a member of the Inner Circle of Advocates, an invitation-only group limited to just 100 of the top plaintiffs’ lawyers in the country. He’s written more than 100 articles that have appeared in national and local publications, given lectures for other attorneys, chaired nearly a dozen professional committees, and been listed – for more than 20 years -- in The Best Lawyers in America. All the while, he has successfully tackled some of the toughest personal injury cases in the state of Florida – and obtained numerous high-profile, multimillion-dollar recoveries for his clients.
Most lawyers with credentials like these tend to oversee cases, letting junior lawyers do the legwork. That’s not Mr. Babbitt’s style. Because he is selective about the cases he accepts, Mr. Babbitt is able to give each client the attention – and the resources – they deserve. It’s a formula that’s enabled him to win cases against long odds – and win the respect of his clients.
For Mr. Babbitt, no detail is too small, and no opponent is too big. While other lawyers can spend years getting to the heart of their case, Mr. Babbitt sees it from the very start: helping his client seek redress – and accountability – for the harm they’ve suffered.

http://www.babbitt-johnson.com/Attorneys/Theodore-Babbitt.shtml

[video=youtube;WvufFwdqMzg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvufFwdqMzg[/video]

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Marty will be covering it, and people on Marty's blog are commenting:

Luis and Rocio Garcia vs. The Machine

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2013/01/23/luis-and-rocio-garcia-vs-the-machine/

Luis and Rocio Garcia vs. The Machine Posted on January 23, 2013 by martyrathbun09 | 22 Comments

From the author of a Letter From Garcia, please see a Lawsuit from the Garcias. Updates forthcoming.

see also: Rocio’s story
A comment that provides additional information:

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2013/01/23/luis-and-rocio-garcia-vs-the-machine/#comment-250798

Laura Ann | January 23, 2013 at 12:07 pm | Reply

In an October 2012 letter received by me from Laurie Webster, Super Power Project In-Charge:

“Since the beginning of the year and especially in the past few months many of our contributors have been completing Cornerstone Memberships or their next status levels to take advantage of this once in a lifetime opportunity to be part of the epic moment-the release of the Super Power Rundowns and the opening of Scientology’s cathedral, the new Flag Building.

Right now there are over 2,500 Cornerstone Members representing many countries the world over:”

A Cornerstone membership when I bought mine was 35,000. And the Key Contributer my husband bought was 100,000 and there are higher levels. 2500 times 35000 is 87 million dollars, not to mention the the higher level contributions. That’s a butt load of money!
A comment that provides insight:

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2013/01/23/luis-and-rocio-garcia-vs-the-machine/#comment-250803

Most Interested | January 23, 2013 at 12:36 pm | Reply

Also, think of all the witnesses with Non-Disclosure Agreements from the last years can be deposed. The list starts with Janet Light. And Debbie Cook. And … …
This could be the knock out blow to the organization as it is being run today. Not to the organization per se, but to their methods of operation and abuse.

Last edited:

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

I know, I know . . . its early days, and its just for this sort of reason that L Ron Hubbard reorganised the corporate structure of Scientology and set up the IAS, and those taking the suit have a long road ahead of them, and Scientology will be fighting tooth and nail to avoid legal exposure to the most treasured of its teachings - the collection of cash . . . but, hell, I just can't help myself. Its that moment, I feel the urge, clear the area, here it comes . . . my happy dance . . .

tumblr_lbza42s2nX1qem7xpo1_5001_zps42d353c3.gif

. . . oh, yeah!!

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20130123/us-scientology-lawsuit/?utm_hp_ref=arts&ir=arts

"...A common tactic, Babbitt said, when a disaster unfolded somewhere in the world, would be to send a small group of Scientologists with a camera crew that would pay locals in the affected area to appear on camera. A scene would essentially be staged, he claims, in which people would be begging or appear starving, even if it weren't the case...
Staging the Volunteer Ministers in Haiti.

OnHaitiSet-1.jpg