What's new

CoS winning the Email War 7:1, BUT...

anon2487

Patron with Honors
According to TinyDancer, (a well informed mod on WWP), feedback from Canberra suggests that the Scis are "winning" the email war 7:1...

However, the vote will not be taking place tomorrow, Tuesday 24th, but it will be this week. So now is the time to turn up the pressure.
Here are a few things that may help:

(1) If you access either Gmail or Hushmail through your web browser, they will not show your IP address to the recipient. This means that if your girlfriend/boyfriend/housemates want to send emails using your computer, there can be no suspicion that it's actually the same person responding multiple times.

(2) Apart from the BCC advice, this is largely redundant, as just found out that Senators should be addressed Dear Senator, or Dear Senator [Surname].To make your email 'slightly' more personal, I've broken the Senators' email addresses down into Male and Female categories. As such it means that you can use the BCC function (this stops the recipient from seeing all of the other addresses that the email has been sent to), allowing you to address it Madam, Sir (or similar). BCC is NOT the same as CC (where the recipient will see the addresses of ALL the other people that you sent it to).

(3) If you're unsure of what to write, I've reposted some excellent tips from Emma at the bottom of this post.

(4) For ease, the address list is now reformatted, with each address separated by a comma, so that you can simply copypaste them all into the BCC box. THIS IS A COMPLETE LIST OF ALL SENATORS, as some only have "contact" forms on their sites.

As you no doubt know, the 12 Aussies who've come forward, have already started receiving "Church" forwarded black PR and lies in the media. Their heads are on the chopping block, so please, please please give them the backup they need and deserve. If we can help them pull this off, then the effects of this inquiry will reverberate around the world: this is NOT just about Australia.

Thanks.

Emma; said:
Take some time. Work out exactly what you want the Prime Minister, The leader of the opposition, the Senate and the Federal police etc to know. Decide what is important to you. Not everybody was coerced into having an abortion. Not everyone was made to work 18 hours a day on post and live on beans and rice. But you may have witnessed it. You might have been regged to the point of bankruptcy. You might have had disconnection forced on you. You might have felt you were lied to about abilities expected after a level and feel you've been defrauded.

To those who weren't in Scientology, what (besides Xenu) pisses you off. Why are you fighting this cult? What is wrong with it in your eyes? What have you read that is credible that caused you to fight and speak out?

I believe if we all do this. If we all just take the time and write real, person and heartfelt letters to the people that matter, that offer a lot of detail, a lot of factual information, backed up where possible by URLs, videos, documents etc, I believe we can give the politicians everything they need to make the right decision in parliament, and give the senate enquiry a huge headstart when that bill is passed.

Last edited:

Daddio

Patron with Honors
Thanks, anon2487

As I'm not an ex-, here's another sample, for reasons other than the tech or religion...

Senator, I'm a tax payer, but not an ex-Scientologist. I will always support choice of religion, but can not condone the Church of Scientology's tax exemption, based on their documented history of frivolous litigation, numerous reports of abuse to members and ex-members, and the Scientology written policy of "Fair Gaming."

The Church allegedly used a multi-million dollar war chest to pay solicitors and private investigators to intimidate anyone they saw as an adversary. In written policies dating from as early as the mid-1950s, Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard told his followers to take a punitive line towards perceived opponents. In 1955, he wrote "the law can be used very easily to harass ... The purpose of the suit is to harass and discourage, rather than to win – if possible, of course, ruin [the target] utterly".

The church supposedly repudiated this policy, but in reality, only gave up using the term. The practice still exists. I hope many ex-members have contacted you recently to add to the initial statements submitted by Senator Xenophon. Please ask yourself, why now? And then try to put these people into the role of the battered wife. Why are those battered wives afraid to file police reports? Many different reasons, depending on specific circumstances, but in this case fear of reprisal, the loss of re-entry into the church will give them eternity. The threat of "disconnection" from other family members and friends alone would prevent many people from stepping forward, in this and any other abusive situation.

You may not agree that the church's tax exemption be withdrawn. But there can not be any harm in investigating the allegations, and justice will be served by both a law enforcement investigation for specific incidents, and a parliamentary investigation into possible tax fraud.

If the church received the exemption by false pretenses, they do not deserve to keep it. In Australia, or any other country that currently allows them the privilege.

Very respectfully,

[name]

Feel free to plagiarize what ever's appropriate for you.

Alan

Thanks again, anon, your blind copy worked a dream. I've already started getting auto-responses.

Last edited:

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Some really good info in that post Anon2487 - Thanks.

The 7:1 ratio is good to know but its not that important. If it's 700 letters supporting Scn and 100 with serious complaints/ criminal allegations etc, that's a VERY HIGH percentage of people reporting crimes.

Imagine if they got 300 - 400 letters describing crimes. It wouldn't matter if they got a million letters of support, crimes are crimes and should be prosecuted. Those 300 letter would be handed to the authorities and investigated - Senate Committee or no Senate Committee.

Carmel

Crusader

The 7:1 ratio is good to know but its not that important. If it's 700 letters supporting Scn and 100 with serious complaints/ criminal allegations etc, that's a VERY HIGH percentage of people reporting crimes.

Imagine if they got 300 - 400 letters describing crimes. It wouldn't matter if they got a million letters of support, crimes are crimes and should be prosecuted. Those 300 letter would be handed to the authorities and investigated - Senate Committee or no Senate Committee.
Spot on Emma.....the content of many of these letters, do contain details of crimes, and besides, the pollies have been made aware of how the CofS responds to any and all "attacks", so this influx from the CofS was predicted.

The CofS aren't "winning the email war", in real terms.

anon2487

Patron with Honors

I agree.
Also, reading the Riverside County emails that :omg:AnonOrange:omg: obtained: the saccharin, formulaic nature of them, wouldn't score too many points with most people IMO. Once you've read 5, you've read 500...

That's why I thought your advice about being heartfelt, and just real basically, (tied to hard, verifiable, facts) was exactly right; particularly for those of us who've never been involved with the CofS.

...The CofS aren't "winning the email war", in real terms.
Yeah, I'd be seriously underwhelmed if that's not the case. But given that it's still in the balance, it's all the more reason to ensure that the message does get across. Every single email really counts; and sorry to be blunt, but anyone who doesn't bother to take the time to write, is actively abetting the CofS's criminality.

On a lighter note: 938 signatures on the online petition now. :)

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
Exactly, they may have more numbers but people are already leaving. And the damage has been done. Now it's just time for Scientology to take some responsibility or shut down!

It's really up to them. But with DM in control, we know how it will end.

I think some of the earlier posts on this thread make a good point. This is not an 'email war' as in 'the camp that sends the most emails wins'. This is about the crimes that happen within the COS, and no amount of emails from their followers can change that.