What's new

COS's email response to the Flag Down event

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
I agree pretty much with you Enthetan but I thought a few science fiction books by Hubbard were pretty good. I liked the series he wrote called "Ole Doc Methusela", a series sort of like a movie serial - maybe that's what he was hoping for but it never happened. Another story, more of a psychological thriller than pure sci-fi was called "Fear", I believe, and Stephen King the big time author was quoted as saying that he liked and recommended it. The other one I thought was pretty good was Battlefield Earth. Now, mind you, I am talking about the book and not the movie. That movie was absolutely horrible!

I agree that Heinlein, Azimov and also Ray Bradbury were writing at the time LRH was pumping out Sci-Fi and all 3 of those authors wrote better sci-fi than he did as a rule, although the 3 I mentioned may have approached the quality level of those authors.

BTW, Hubbard kept in touch with Heinlein from their writing days until just before Hubbard died. I'm sure that you know that but probably not to many on ESMB are aware of that.
Lakey

I was aware of the closeness between them. Heinlein was a bit protective of LRH back in the Navy days, judging from references about him from Heinlein's collected letters ("Grumbles from the Grave", compiled by his wife). When I was at Flag, a guy from External Comm had mentioned that, at a time when LRH was under threat of subpoena, Heinlein had sent word that LRH was welcome to hide out at Heinlein's place.

Sidney18511

Patron with Honors
Return-Path: Received: from deliver01.infra.atech.io (deliver01.infra.atech.io [185.22.208.30]) by mtaig-maa02.mx.aol.com (Internet Inbound) with ESMTP id 14B8170000087 for ; Thu, 1 May 2014 14:30:56 -0400 (EDT)DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=in.deliverhq.com; s=deliver; t=1398969056; bh=a3w8f1hRQSDM/tQ2NZ2zQM88IHmVis8QiLJLlA675Ao=; h=from:to:subject; b=f4Wca7q2T1zjNxLjtkf+HalmSDK7hix2pQ9loA7nsr31gI+mMRfEesqpKqOqhpsNQwRCM5HkaG8pJqcxuVunO6P5fdrwCtceeggR4HvJyHbB9Me1Hxp9mFRVhUPm3IE3hBAANJjoSNtverk+0SByhk629QeFTLYRZT4poZivCmY=List-Unsubscribe: Resent-Sender: [email protected]-Deliver-Recipient: [email protected]eived: from deliver01.infra.atech.io :):ffff:80.111.46.131 [::ffff:80.111.46.131]) by deliver01.infra.atech.io with SMTP; Thu, 01 May 2014 19:30:55 +0100Message-ID: From: "Flag Service Organization" To: "xxxxxx" Reply-To: "Flag Service Organization" Subject: The Answer to a Sick, a Dying and Dead SocietyDate: Thu, 1 May 2014 19:31:39 +0100Importance: NormalX-Mailer: Microsoft Office Outlook, Build 12.0List-Unsubscribe: Disposition-Notification-To: "Flag Service Organization" MIME-Version: 1.0Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_433_3876_72893634.62126483"EM-Campaign: {FA9145CA-179B-4D5A-B000-8C33B6F28BE8}EM-Task: 3x-aol-global-disposition: GAuthentication-Results: mx.aol.com; spf=pass (aol.com: the domain in.deliverhq.com reports 185.22.208.30 as a permitted sender.) smtp.mailfrom=in.deliverhq.com; dkim=pass (aol.com: email passed verification from the domain in.deliverhq.com.) header.d=in.deliverhq.com;x-aol-sid: 3039ac1ade82536292e06857X-AOL-IP: 185.22.208.30X-AOL-SPF: domain : in.deliverhq.com SPF : pass

lkwdblds

Crusader
I truly think they just make most of those figures up - like they do with their membership numbers - lol.

Interesting point! They sure make up their membership numbers, that's for sure. Claiming 15 million members worldwide when the actual total is more like 30,000 to 35,000. In fact, everyone who ever stepped into an org or paid a few bucks for a book is counted as a member and that would include all SP's and probably nearly everyone here on ESMB.

As far as making up some of the numbers, that might be true, but probably most of the claims about ideal orgs and also how many languages books are published in and how many lines of Hubbard writings are in print, etc. would tend to be true. They make tons and tons of books and CD's in many languages so there may be no need to lie about those stats. Does it really matter?

Rene Descartes made an excellent aanalogy about scientology's new stats. Let's say some small local church sets up a basketball league with their 4 small churches in Peoria, Illinois. Maybe the average height of their players is only 5' 9" and they have no coaches but they begin playing in this little league which they themselves formed. Maybe one church recruits a player 6'10" and no one can stop him and one night he scores 101 points for his team and his team trounces the other team by 130 to 70. They make claims that the 101 points are the highest ever scored in a basketball game worldwide by just one player. It might be true, but even so it doesn't mean much.

The thing is the the rules were set up by them, the teams consist of only their church members and the game is just played between teams in their league. Rene Descartes says it well, A guy could score 200 points in one of those games and it really doesn't mean much because they are playing in the minor leagues. If they ever played a pro or college team, their stats would be terrible but in the league which they created for themselves, they can boast of some pretty high stats. Those boasts may even be true but they don't mean much..
Lakey

Last edited:

xseaorguk

Patron Meritorious
Moooor stats:

1952 - 2014 Most shiny paper posted, wasted, binned in the whole wide world and this sector of the galaxy

Isme

Patron with Honors
I received this long long email from flag regarding the flag down 2014 event. It is self explanatory and the usual "handful of apostates, removed for malfeasance". The bullshit and DM ass kissing is amazing.

Clearwater, Florida, or rather Largo, has been chosen as the location for next week's so-called "Flag Down 2014" conference, a get-together of anti-Scientologist extremists, many of them with unsavoury stories on their conscience when it comes to human rights. It is Mr. Miscavige’s unwavering adherence to L. Ron Hubbard’s vision ...SNIP! ...Such was the dream of L. Ron Hubbard and such is the work of David Miscavige.

TL;DR

Which is and was exactly my response to any wall of text or ostentatious advert the church would sent out. Most of the crap they send out is nonsensical ads and I have had filters set up to auto-delete/Trash for over ten years. I do hope that the remaining Scientologists are not treating emails as "scriptures" fgs. :duh:

The Delete button is, and will always be, my friend.

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
The TL;DR version of this email can be summarized as follows:

Pay no attention to the [strike]man[/strike] bitter defrocked apostates, unemployed bloggers on the fringe of the internet, deeply troubled lifelong drug addicts who Narconon tried to help, and donkey raping shit eaters [strike]behind the curtain[/strike] participating in anti-religious hate speech.

lkwdblds

Crusader
Moooor stats:

1952 - 2014 Most shiny paper posted, wasted, binned in the whole wide world and this sector of the galaxy

Funny! How about highest staff average for time spent on the telephone using hard selling to get clients to purchase more services?

How about, highest poundage of mail sent weekly to each household in central files. They could announce at a big event that each Scientologist in the US received 15 pounds a week of mail or about 3 pounds per day. In a year this means that every single person in their central files received 1,100 pounds of mailers, over half a ton! They could say that this is higher than the combined mailings of the last 3 years combined! People would rise to their feet for a long standing ovation with hip, hip hoorays, knowing full well the policy that mail out is directly proportional to income in.

Of course, everyone in a family gets a separate monthly magazine plus the mag goes out with different spellings of various family member's names, some mailers with no middle initial, some with a middle initial, some to Bill Smith and some to William Smith at the same residence, etc. Smith calls in to get it corrected and save the org some money but somehow all those extra names never get taken off the list. Why is that, you ask? It's probably because the number of names in Central Files would become smaller and of course be in a lower condition. Not only that but many of the Org's other stats would shrink with a smaller mailing list. This fear of stats shrinking is more important to Management than wasting money on preparing all those mailings. Some will even argue that income is directly proportional to outflow, even if the outflow sends 3 or 4 of the same item to one person.

Go figure that one out| Probably there is truth in the policy that income is directly proportional to outflow but wouldn't the outflow have to be carefully directed. Think about it, if a guy gets 3 copies of an expensive glossy magazine and 5 invitations to the same seminar, there is a strong possibility that the guy will think that the Org is wasting the parishioner's money and therefore the Org is not properly managed. That thought occurred to me when I was in the process of leaving about 12 years ago.
Lakey

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Apologizing in advance if this has already been posted. :unsure:

Cross-posted from WWP:
https://whyweprotest.net/community/threads/flag-down-2014-full-schedule.118222/page-2#post-2450239

wwpcross_zps55daa908.jpg

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Moooor stats:

There was a point where I was getting more Scn junk mail than from all other sources combined. I was getting stuff from my local org, the org I was at before I moved to a different state, AOLA, ASHO, Flag, IAS. I was getting mail from ENGLAND, from Saint Hill. I'm talking about POUNDS of mail per week. The cost of producing the promo plus mailing it was, in my rough estimation, maybe $50/week or more.

It's since reduced to maybe one piece of promo per week. This may be an indicator that they just don't have the money any more.

Anybody here who is still maintaining the pretense of being in, could you please chime in on how much promo per week you get now versus a few years ago? Along with whether you have gotten upper-level services at an AO/SH/Flag or just local org?

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
There was a point where I was getting more Scn junk mail than from all other sources combined. I was getting stuff from my local org, the org I was at before I moved to a different state, AOLA, ASHO, Flag, IAS. I was getting mail from ENGLAND, from Saint Hill. I'm talking about POUNDS of mail per week. The cost of producing the promo plus mailing it was, in my rough estimation, maybe $50/week or more.

It's since reduced to maybe one piece of promo per week. This may be an indicator that they just don't have the money any more.

Anybody here who is still maintaining the pretense of being in, could you please chime in on how much promo per week you get now versus a few years ago? Along with whether you have gotten upper-level services at an AO/SH/Flag or just local org?

Being Declared results in an almost immediate cessation of all mail, phone calls and communication of any kind from the cult.

For anyone who doesn't have family or friends still in I highly recommend it.:thumbsup:

Per WWP Anonymous, the email was not sent from Flag but from someone in the UK: https://whyweprotest.net/community/threads/flag-down-2014-full-schedule.118222/page-3#post-2450473

GotHeader - Thanks! And to Sidney too!

Something is definitely fishy about this email. The sending IP address 185.22.208.30. Here's what comes up when you run it through Geotool:

Hostname
deliver01.infra.atech.io
ISP aTech Media Ltd (AS60899)
Continent
Europe
Flag

Country
United Kingdom
Country Code GB (GBR)
Region Unknown Local time 03 May 2014 01:56 BST
City Unknown Latitude 51.5
IP Address
Longitude -0.13

It is originating from the UK!

Then at the top of the email it says "Resent-Sender:
[email protected]
". When you Google "deliverhq", it's a UK company and the email seems to be getting resent by someone.

But then look at the spelling of "unsavoury" in the first sentence of the email. That's British English, not American English.

What this means is it does not look like it came from FSO. Not unless they send their emails from the UK and have someone who uses British English writing their emails. And as I earlier pointed out, virtually the whole wall of text is a cut and paste of crap from
www.scientology.org

I don't even know what this all means. But I'm putting this info here for now so all can see and discuss.

Anonycat

Crusader
Their clients range from software developers and internet service providers to schools and churches.

Skyfags? Whatcha bet?

I saw that too, and looked them up before I posted. Nothing on the net, like Completions. Unknown to me, looks normal.

Edit: I only looked up the top 2 guys. FYI, No web server found on 185.22.208.30.

Last edited:

secretiveoldfag

Silver Meritorious Patron
June 2013: Point was acquired by Copper.io.

Other names on their Who Are We list are

Jack REGNAR,
Charles SMURTHWAITE
Dan WENTWORTH
Dan QUINNEY
Jack HAYTER
Nathan BAUM
Ben THOMPSON.

Anonycat

Crusader

secretiveoldfag

Silver Meritorious Patron
The only communication I had with was from a dude named Kolja Hinrichsen when I requested some free info from this website which might be located in the UK because the prices are in euros I believe.

http://www.newerapublications.com

But Britain is not in the euro zone; still uses pounds (£££).

The name looks Scandinavian.

There are 18 Eurozone countries acc. to Google;

Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain.