What's new

Could Boy Scout "perversion file" release set a precedent against Scientology?

What's It All About

Patron with Honors

"A law firm that represented a former Boy Scout who had been the victim of child sexual abuse on Thursday released a large online volume containing more than 1,200 fileson Scoutmasters and other volunteers accused of pedophilia or sexual abuse. The files span some 20 years, from 1965 to 1985, and are part of a record compiled by the Boy Scouts of America with the intention of keeping abusers out of scouting and away from vulnerable youth. The full record is believed to date back as far as the mid-1920s and may involve as many as 100,000 children."

Read more: http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/10/18...on-1200-alleged-sexual-abusers/#ixzz29iB2waCQ

Is there a way that this could set a precedent to be used to prosecute, or at least expose, child abuse within Scientology?

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
I doubt the children of scn'gists would be allowed to do something as off purpose & PTS to the middle class as the Boycouts.

Catholic Church was rocked by harboring pedophiles. Scouts have stepped up.

For the Co$ the amount of pedophiles & child molestations they have covered up is staggering. Once it gets the media coverage - and the court action - it deserves it may well be the black eye they can not ever heal.

Bye Bye Co$ !

What's It All About

Patron with Honors
I doubt the children of scn'gists would be allowed to do something as off purpose & PTS to the middle class as the Boycouts.

Catholic Church was rocked by harboring pedophiles. Scouts have stepped up.

For the Co$ the amount of pedophiles & child molestations they have covered up is staggering. Once it gets the media coverage - and the court action - it deserves it may well be the black eye they can not ever heal.

Bye Bye Co$ !

You're right. The Boy Scouts are very belatedly taking a little responsibility. Like the Catholic church. But it's Hubbard's precious policy to never defend, always attack and destroy.

So I guess the "church" will never take responsibility for its crimes.

A question is, will the "independent Scientologists" do any better? So far, I see little if any contrition from Marty, who certainly has committed crimes in the course of his enabling Miscavige.

Maybe he'll step to the plate more as time goes on. But since he wants to perpetuate Hubbard's pure legacy and since Hubbard was perfectly clear on the "never defend, always attack" strategy, if Marty wants to be loyal to Hubbard, he has the perfect excuse to never take responsibility for his own crimes.

Well, we'll see. He and other independents have come a long way. But I noticed that he hasn't said a syllable about Jenna Miscaivge Hill's upcoming book. A glaring and remarkable omission on his part. I know that he withheld letters to her from her parents; she has said so.

So maybe he's not supporting her because he's got a guilty conscience. It will be interesting to see what she's got to say.

As the I Ching says, gradual progress for the good. For the sake of the children, I wish the someone in the government would have some guts and make it his or her business to shut this business down. It ain't no stinkin' religion, just a tax dodge.

But look what happened to Congressman Leo Ryan when he visited Jonestown in Guyana - shot to death before he could return to the U.S. to report on the cult there. Ryan was on to Scientology too, as evidenced by letters he wrote about it.

I wonder if Miscavige still has the will to infiltrate agencies and destroy opponents the way he used to, Marty's experience notwithstanding. How many surveillances by private detectives and law suits can he manage, or Mismanage, as I prefer to think of him?

If he's "forgetting" to pay his watchdog detectives of 25 years until they file law suits and taxes aren't getting paid on properties, you wonder why these basics are slipping. Maybe because all of the senior managers are in the Hole prison and there's no training allowed because all workers are so "at cause" over everything.

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
You're right. The Boy Scouts are very belatedly taking a little responsibility. Like the Catholic church. But it's Hubbard's precious policy to never defend, always attack and destroy.

So I guess the "church" will never take responsibility for its crimes.

A question is, will the "independent Scientologists" do any better? So far, I see little if any contrition from Marty, who certainly has committed crimes in the course of his enabling Miscavige.

Maybe he'll step to the plate more as time goes on. But since he wants to perpetuate Hubbard's pure legacy and since Hubbard was perfectly clear on the "never defend, always attack" strategy, if Marty wants to be loyal to Hubbard, he has the perfect excuse to never take responsibility for his own crimes.

Well, we'll see. He and other independents have come a long way. But I noticed that he hasn't said a syllable about Jenna Miscaivge Hill's upcoming book. A glaring and remarkable omission on his part. I know that he withheld letters to her from her parents; she has said so.

So maybe he's not supporting her because he's got a guilty conscience. It will be interesting to see what she's got to say.

As the I Ching says, gradual progress for the good. For the sake of the children, I wish the someone in the government would have some guts and make it his or her business to shut this business down. It ain't no stinkin' religion, just a tax dodge.

But look what happened to Congressman Leo Ryan when he visited Jonestown in Guyana - shot to death before he could return to the U.S. to report on the cult there. Ryan was on to Scientology too, as evidenced by letters he wrote about it.

I wonder if Miscavige still has the will to infiltrate agencies and destroy opponents the way he used to, Marty's experience notwithstanding. How many surveillances by private detectives and law suits can he manage, or Mismanage, as I prefer to think of him?

If he's "forgetting" to pay his watchdog detectives of 25 years until they file law suits and taxes aren't getting paid on properties, you wonder why these basics are slipping. Maybe because all of the senior managers are in the Hole prison and there's no training allowed because all workers are so "at cause" over everything.

The dwarf may not notice it but while he calls for full speed his little boat is leaking in a way that is sinking it.