What's new

Cruise: 18 Calls to Beckhams in Hour 3/22/07

Tigger

Patron Meritorious
Cruise 'pesters Beckhams with 18 calls in an hour' http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=256055

Cruise 'pesters Beckhams with 18 calls in an hour'

Thursday Mar 22 05:00 AEDT

By ninemsn staff

In what must be a frustrating bid to save the souls — or "thetans", as they are called in Scientology — of the Beckhams, Tom Cruise reportedly left 18 messages on their phone in one hour.

"Victoria is sick and tired of Tom being on her back about Scientology," a source told Us Weekly.

In addition to dealing with Tom's constant begging to get her to join the church, Victoria has also reportedly had to cope with his wife Katie Holmes — who is using Posh as a shoulder to cry on.

"Katie has been crying over the phone," the source said. "She's frustrated. Tom is denying her every single thing."
"Once, Katie and Victoria talked on the phone for four hours," the insider added.

David and Victoria Beckham are moving to LA this year, and have formed a public friendship with the Holmes-Cruise clan.
But Tom's control-freak antics appear to be driving the couple mad.

"Victoria is an old-fashioned British woman who believes in God. She finds it quite rude that Tom is bugging her so much. Not too long ago, Tom left 18 messages in one hour to get them to join the church," a source told the magazine.

The source said the ex-Spice Girl, 32, told the Top Gun actor that enough is enough. "When she says no, she means no."

But Cruise's spokesperson says the allegations aren't true. "This is completely false. Tom does not and never has encouraged anyone to adopt Scientology."
© 1997- 2007 ninemsn Pty Ltd

pur_joy

Patron
Gosh, that's a good emoticon Paul!

And, oh yes, thanks for pointing that out, I totally missed it first time I read it! Yeah, at the very least, like he never said Nicole & Penelope & Katie should try Scientology?!

Pru

OHTEEATE

Silver Meritorious Patron
re: Tom Cruise

These tabloid "fill the vacuum" reports on TC and company are really low, vile, and why bother reacting to it? Apparently disavowing it in statements doesn't slow it down, so TC doesn't bother usually. I don't envy that guy at all. What a life! He can't even take the family to his sons' basketball game without photographers making a buck off of it. They even get the purif and the Introspection rundown confused. Sauna=vitamins=LisaMcPherson=dead. Not that I am making less of Lisas death, but you get the idea. Screw the tabloid press. Mike

KMomma

Patron
Hmmm...in a way I agree with you, OTEEATE. However, Cruise opened himself up for this by jumping on Oprah's couch, calling Matt Lauer glib, criticizing Brooke Shields for getting help that she needed and mind you, he did this all publicly and in the name of the cult.

Katie might not be on the Intropsection Rundown, then again she just might be. That's not the point though, this is educating the public on a broad scale of what the Church of Scientology does. How many people have gone through supermarket lines reading the words Introspection Rundown? Too many to count. More people not interested in joining the church of scientology.

Stonewall

Patron
K'Momma - Katie might not be on the Intropsection Rundown, then again she just might be. That's not the point though, this is educating the public on a broad scale of what the Church of Scientology does. How many people have gone through supermarket lines reading the words Introspection Rundown? Too many to count. More people not interested in joining the church of scientology.

The thing is if the information is based on lies or even poor research I think that it could come back to bite. If a person from the general public comes to find out that certain information about the COS turns out to be BS they just might start to think that all the things that critics say is BS or at least start to disregard the whole subject.

But maybe even more importantly COS'ers may read stuff they know is shit and conclude people don't know what they are taking about and that could very well prevent them from looking closer at the other side of the story.

My own thought is that honest and accurate criticism is the best way to go.