What's new

Cruise's Mother missing now??!

DeeAnna

Patron Meritorious
And, can things get any worse for Tom Cruise's public relations campaigns?

Having put himself "out there" by jumping on sofas, harassing Brooke Shields when the poor woman admitted to a debilitating bout of post-partum depression, and arguing about his superior knowledge of psychiatry with Matt Lauer, he now seems to have become a magnet for everything that everybody dislikes about $cientology. Hey, when you are booed at a baseball game and you're not even a player - well, that's pretty bad. And that was BEFORE the "Going Clear" documentary had been shown on HBO.

Lone Star

Crusader
And, can things get any worse for Tom Cruise's public relations campaigns?

Having put himself "out there" by jumping on sofas, harassing Brooke Shields when the poor woman admitted to a debilitating bout of post-partum depression, and arguing about his superior knowledge of psychiatry with Matt Lauer, he now seems to have become a magnet for everything that everybody dislikes about $cientology. Hey, when you are booed at a baseball game and you're not even a player - well, that's pretty bad. And that was BEFORE the "Going Clear" documentary had been shown on HBO.

I don't know...none of this stopped him from having the biggest hit movie of the summer.

Most people don't care. All in all TC and the CoS have weathered the storm quite well. Going Clear didn't have the impact I had hoped it would.

Leland

Crusader
I don't know...none of this stopped him from having the biggest hit movie of the summer.

Most people don't care. All in all TC and the CoS have weathered the storm quite well. Going Clear didn't have the impact I had hoped it would.

I hear you.

But just a minor correction....it is only the 8th biggest film of 2015.....

And IMO has only netted about 120 million so far....

It might still turn out to be a financial flop.......

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/yearly/chart/?view2=worldwide&yr=2015

Lone Star

Crusader
I hear you.

But just a minor correction....it is only the 8th biggest film of 2015.....

And IMO has only netted about 120 million so far....

It might still turn out to be a financial flop.......

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/yearly/chart/?view2=worldwide&yr=2015

I said of the summer not the year. But Jurassic Park did clearly beat MI for the summer, but it came out at least a month earlier. MI is still at the theaters.

In general movie attendance is down this year. Has been for several years. In light of the current norm MI did and is doing quite well. Better than many predicted. TC's promotional tour was a success. That really pissed me off.

But I'm learning not to care anymore myself. Life is too short to worry whether justice will ever be served. Most of the time it's not. That's how humanity rolls.

elwood

Patron with Honors

In my experience people don't care about anything that doesn't affect them personally.

DeeAnna

Patron Meritorious
I said of the summer not the year. But Jurassic Park did clearly beat MI for the summer, but it came out at least a month earlier. MI is still at the theaters.

In general movie attendance is down this year. Has been for several years. In light of the current norm MI did and is doing quite well. Better than many predicted. TC's promotional tour was a success. That really pissed me off.

But I'm learning not to care anymore myself. Life is too short to worry whether justice will ever be served. Most of the time it's not. That's how humanity rolls.

Oh, I hear you Lone Star. And I agree with you to a certain extent. By the way, I've told you this before, but thank you once again for your attendance at the Rathbun hearings. I very much enjoyed your postings about your attendance. I found your recent post about not being recognized to be quite interesting. Means you can go back in the future?. With a different baseball cap, perhaps? :)

Yes, everyone here had to have felt some disappointment that $cientology didn't come tumbling down the day after the Going Clear documentary was broadcast. Oh, would that it happened that way!

But it is the cumulative effect that is happening. Okay, Tom Cruise's movie still did okay this summer. But it didn't do as well as those in the past, did it? Maybe the Going Clear effect had nothing to do with that. Maybe Tom is just getting old(er) like the rest of us and so are his "fans". I think it's a "tic toc" situation for Tom. I have grandchildren between the ages of 11-18. None seems to be a fan of Tom Cruise. I've actually casually questioned each one in the context of which movies they liked and if they wanted to go see the latest Mission Impossible movie. Nobody was interested in seeing it.

Tom is out there having face lifts and botox treatments that are making him look like a chipmunk. He has three ex-wives and a youngest child from whom he is obviously estranged. (Sounds kind of Hubbardish to me.) And he is stuck in the nightmare of being a $cientologist.

I actually do not equate the success or lack of success of Tom Cruise's movies to be an indication of the condition of the Cherch of $cientology. But what I do see is that the media is no longer afraid of them. And that is HUGE!

Tom Cruise is undoubtedly an extremely wealthy man. I would not trade lives with him for even one minute!

P.S. Plus he nigh onto ruined the Jack Reacher character for me.

Lone Star

Crusader
Oh, I hear you Lone Star. And I agree with you to a certain extent. By the way, I've told you this before, but thank you once again for your attendance at the Rathbun hearings. I very much enjoyed your postings about your attendance. I found your recent post about not being recognized to be quite interesting. Means you can go back in the future?. With a different baseball cap, perhaps? :)

Yes, everyone here had to have felt some disappointment that $cientology didn't come tumbling down the day after the Going Clear documentary was broadcast. Oh, would that it happened that way!

But it is the cumulative effect that is happening. Okay, Tom Cruise's movie still did okay this summer. But it didn't do as well as those in the past, did it? Maybe the Going Clear effect had nothing to do with that. Maybe Tom is just getting old(er) like the rest of us and so are his "fans". I think it's a "tic toc" situation for Tom. I have grandchildren between the ages of 11-18. None seems to be a fan of Tom Cruise. I've actually casually questioned each one in the context of which movies they liked and if they wanted to go see the latest Mission Impossible movie. Nobody was interested in seeing it.

Tom is out there having face lifts and botox treatments that are making him look like a chipmunk. He has three ex-wives and a youngest child from whom he is obviously estranged. (Sounds kind of Hubbardish to me.) And he is stuck in the nightmare of being a $cientologist.

I actually do not equate the success or lack of success of Tom Cruise's movies to be an indication of the condition of the Cherch of $cientology. But what I do see is that the media is no longer afraid of them. And that is HUGE!

Tom Cruise is undoubtedly an extremely wealthy man. I would not trade lives with him for even one minute!

P.S. Plus he nigh onto ruined the Jack Reacher character for me.

First of all....How did you know I wore a baseball cap? Hmmmmmmm? Were you there? Are you OSAOSA? LOL....

Kidding of course. Actually I think I only wore a hat one time to the hearings. Of course hats have to be removed in the building. Or at least in the courtroom itself.

I hope that there will be more hearings to attend, but I'm not holding my breath. I don't care if I am outed or not. I almost outed myself at one of the last hearings just to have some fun with it. But ultimately I decided that it's just as fun, if not more fun to let them do the work themselves. It would be out-exchange for me to do it for them.

On Tom Cruise I think you are mostly right, if not completely right. When I made that post a few days ago I was just feeling irritable about the whole TC situation. Essentially like this...

serveimage

LOL...

When I feel like that I tend to over-exaggerate with lots of hyperbole in the negative column of any given situation.

There is no doubt that TC is not where he'd like to be in life, and it's all because of Scientology. Career and personal life aren't going as well as planned.