What's new

Cult Awareness Shows Televising on CITVASIA in Asia, Thailand

JustSheila

Crusader
CITV ASIA (Crime Investigation TV Asia), a popular cable network, has been televising special programs regarding cults and on cult awareness during prime time in the last couple of weeks. The interviews are in English but the subtitles and some commentaries are in a variety of languages, depending on area. Here in Thailand, they are in Thai.

One portion of the program interviewed Steve Hassan :clap: :clap: The programs were quite good, interviewing ex-members from various cults. The story I managed to catch was about a woman in San Diego who was put in a sort of prison and separated from her children as she was considered "evil" by an extremist Christian cult. This was in San Diego. She eventually got her children back. The whole thing was so similar to Scientology and Sea Org and RPF, really makes you wonder if they all studied the same "How to Start a Cult and Abuse and Control Others" course that L Ron Hubbard did.

CITV ASIA will be running an all-day special about cults on CHRISTMAS DAY here in Thailand. :happydance: :thumbsup:

I've only managed to catch the one show, but have no doubts Scientology was either already featured or will be on the Christmas Day Cult Special.

This is so wonderful - as this country has not YET been invaded by cultists (as far as I can see) = one less headache for this country. Advanced education is the best prevention.

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
Asia's got their own indigenous cults. Mainstream Buddhism as practiced there comes dangerously close, and the spin-offs cross the line. My SIL belongs to a Buddhist cult in, of all places, Houston Texas.

Falun Dafa has a presence in Thailand, too.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Asia's got their own indigenous cults. Mainstream Buddhism as practiced there comes dangerously close, and the spin-offs cross the line. My SIL belongs to a Buddhist cult in, of all places, Houston Texas.

I assume you're talking about Soka Gakkai International, the Japanese cult that has ties to the yakuza (Japanese mafia). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goto-gumi
They have temples/missions all over the place. Celebs Patrick Duffy, Kate Bosworth, Herbie Hancock, Orlando Bloom & Tina Turner are longtime members.

[video=youtube;yYBuRHuFz9w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYBuRHuFz9w[/video]

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
CITV ASIA (Crime Investigation TV Asia), a popular cable network, has been televising special programs regarding cults and on cult awareness during prime time in the last couple of weeks. The interviews are in English but the subtitles and some commentaries are in a variety of languages, depending on area. Here in Thailand, they are in Thai.

One portion of the program interviewed Steve Hassan :clap: :clap: The programs were quite good, interviewing ex-members from various cults. The story I managed to catch was about a woman in San Diego who was put in a sort of prison and separated from her children as she was considered "evil" by an extremist Christian cult. This was in San Diego. She eventually got her children back. The whole thing was so similar to Scientology and Sea Org and RPF, really makes you wonder if they all studied the same "How to Start a Cult and Abuse and Control Others" course that L Ron Hubbard did.

CITV ASIA will be running an all-day special about cults on CHRISTMAS DAY here in Thailand. :happydance: :thumbsup:

I've only managed to catch the one show, but have no doubts Scientology was either already featured or will be on the Christmas Day Cult Special.

This is so wonderful - as this country has not YET been invaded by cultists (as far as I can see) = one less headache for this country. Advanced education is the best prevention.

This is wonderful news, Sheila. Hopefully Taiwan will take a leaf out of their book. They just had a thousand people show up for their !AS event.

Are you having fun in Thailand?

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
I assume you're talking about Soka Gakkai International, the Japanese cult that has ties to the yakuza (Japanese mafia). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goto-gumi
They have temples/missions all over the place. Celebs Patrick Duffy, Kate Bosworth, Herbie Hancock, Orlando Bloom & Tina Turner are longtime members.

[video=youtube;yYBuRHuFz9w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYBuRHuFz9w[/video]

No, the goofy shit I'm referring to is in the link embedded in the words "Houston Texas". I had no idea 創価学会 had any operations in Houston.

The yakuza controlled the district next to where I worked behind Shinjuku station (called Kabukicho), and SG's HQ and a bunch of orgs are all over Shinjuku-ku.

JustSheila

Crusader
This is wonderful news, Sheila. Hopefully Taiwan will take a leaf out of their book. They just had a thousand people show up for their !AS event.

Are you having fun in Thailand?

Hi Kooka!

Yeh, cult awareness is something Thailand can certainly use. Not to mention some good water filtration systems in their main supply. :coolwink:

Thailand was fantastic, thanks for asking! Just what I needed. I just got back today - went straight to sleep :biggrin: Nice to be in my own bed. Woke up like 3 hours ago and all these urgent messages wondering where I was on my birthday... awwww. :blush:

secretiveoldfag

Silver Meritorious Patron
I think there has been some kind of Happiness campaign involving the Royal Thai Navy. If similar to TWTH campaign involving the Colombian armed forces, it is probably low-key but lethal.

I'll try to check this reference. See below.

sof

The page may have been taken down (Yahoo) but it was the Royal Thai Army who were targeted.

article.wn.com/view/.../Booklet_an_Agent_of_Peace_in_Troubled_Time...‎

For the Scifag site google <Happiness Royal Thai Army>.

Last edited: