What's new

Cult drops bombshell in Monique Rathbun case

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
Re: Cult Bombshell in Rathbun v Scientology - Ed Bryan & David Lubow - No Counsel?

FYI...

Mrs. Rathbun filed her original petition in August 2013, her First Amended Petition soon after, and here it is the 3rd week in October and there's still no attorney listed for 2 of the named defendants -- David Lubow and Ed Bryan.

Yes, Mr. Cedillo, attorney for CSI, submitted a declaration from David Lubow to supplement his (Cedillo's) giant motion to dismiss on Friday-- so maybe CSI attorney(s) will/do represent Mr. Lubow. It's unclear at this time.

But there's nothing filed about or by Ed Bryan in the record to date.
In fact, the court's own website does not show any attorney of record for Ed Bryan or Mr. Lubow.

Frankly, I'm not able to tell from the court's website if Mr. Bryan has even been served with Mrs. Rathbun's petitions.
If he has been served, how is it that he has not responded/denied the allegations yet? How is it that no attorney of record has come forth?

If you're not sure who Ed Bryan is, here's a thread that should jog your memory: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...or-Trespassing&p=603655&viewfull=1#post603655 (If you read all the way through the thread, you'll see the original charge was changed to 'petty theft' and the case was ultimately dropped from the docket in Florida. There's also a post or two that mentions he lives in Clearwater - not California.)

Why wouldn't CSI/RTC/Co$ want Ed Bryan at their defense table?

JB

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
well at least he is not squirreling. One doesn't make a world wide fraud by staying in one place, fraudology needs to be widely practised to honor it's founder.
I wonder if he will be holding that cert up in court soon?

How is Squirrel Buster extraordinaire John Allender keeping himself busy

while waiting for the action to move forward in the court case?

Seems like he's volunteering as a stand in course completion for ideal org graduation
photo shoots at an org where he's not exactly on services. (Holding a "dummy" cert
from the back row far left, sans trademark head cam.) :eyeroll:

Despite being at the center of a controversial court case, his photo is included in
the most recent org magazine being sent around. Maybe they haven't heard the
news about his scandalous affidavit.

A guy's gotta "keep his hand in" while waiting for the next shoe to drop, doesn't he? :coolwink:

Article at Mike's for the curious: http://www.mikerindersblog.org/stevens-creek-fake-promo-starring-john-allender/

JA1.jpg

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron

Seems like he's volunteering as a stand in course completion for ideal org graduation
photo shoots at an org where he's not exactly on services. (Holding a "dummy" cert

Despite being at the center of a controversial court case, his photo is included in

A guy's gotta "keep his hand in" while waiting for the next shoe to drop, doesn't he? :coolwink:

Article at Mike's for the curious: http://www.mikerindersblog.org/stevens-creek-fake-promo-starring-john-allender/

JA1.jpg

Those "courses" are hilarious. "Dear Alice"? What the fuck's that?

Most of these look like they are just a stat push. Read a bulletin or listen to a lecture then attest to "course completion".

They used to do that when I was in but it looks like they've now taken it to a whole new level.

Edit: "Dear Alice" used to be another name for TR-1. Is this now classed as a course?

Last edited:

Vittorio

Patron Meritorious

OH man, is this a space opera unifom or what?

558334_554558467931001_103237154_n.jpg

This guy doesn't know what is coming

1380562_628907030487688_1233335668_n.jpg

Since I posted links to that Facebook page it has been tightly sealed up. Cleary it isn't a good time to be on staff and the freedom to think and express those thoughts is not wanted on that Facebook page! Yet I wonder how much data about all of us is collected from over here and kept in their files? I wonder how many people they have or have had infiltrate these groups and befriend members to collect information. Hopefully this court case will spill some beans. Hopefully this will be the crack the damn needs in order to let the water run free.....

....Ideal Orgs are not Churches, they are flash buildings designed to extract money from wealthy people for services.

And as for that completion list, not many Div 4 completions!

LA SCN

NOT drinking the kool-aid
The caption should read ... we found some toilet paper

That's why they're all smiling

LOL - My first moment of doubt way back when was discovering that CCLA couldn't keep itself reliably stocked with toilet paper and light bulbs on a daily basis.

Definitely not in keeping with its promo.

Clear the planet?

Hell, you can't even furnish a crapper with proper supplies...

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron

JA1.jpg

omg... I can't believe I'm even replying with this, but besides the Purif and Objectives? NONE of the things listed are Bridge actions. Also, although the douche called Allender is on-lines at Los Gatos, he HAS been known to spread himself out and take courses at the other Bay Area orgs... guess as a stat thingy. Also, C. Zeitler has almost always been on course at the Creek, and last info I had were that her and her husband Guzeta were still doing courses there (if the info is old, more than happy to retract).

None of these people are listed in the completions, but from what I've seen they often crib a bit older photos and none of us freaked out about it--never assumed that the pic really had to be of THESE grads--in fact, being on staff, and knowing the weird deadlines and such, we'd be shocked if it was the latest grads.

The only reason I bring this up is, I think some newly-outs or doubting do look for stuff that try to reinforce that what they read on critical sites is a bunch of hooey created by SPs... I think the people named here had a good chance of being seen in Steven Creek's courseroom, and I think most of us were totally indoctrinated to, once we saw something even resembling an 'outpoint' outside of the world of Scio, we shut down any credibility to that source. This just feels 'off', and there have been times when the Bay Area orgs traded pix of grads and nobody seemed to care... it was all just looked at as marketing. Honestly, within Silicon Valley? Promo is never meant to be taken as gospel, hell is it anywhere?

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
None of these people are listed in the completions, but from what I've seen they often crib a bit older photos and none of us freaked out about it--never assumed that the pic really had to be of THESE grads--in fact, being on staff, and knowing the weird deadlines and such, we'd be shocked if it was the latest grads.

Or, it may just be an org photoshoot for the mag or whatever where they just gathered up anyone and everyone they could find, stuck certs in their hands, and shot it.

Pretty much all org photos you see are done this way. They're always staged.

I doubt the org has had this many people graduate anything in a single time period in a long time.

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
Or, it may just be an org photoshoot for the mag or whatever where they just gathered up anyone and everyone they could find, stuck certs in their hands, and shot it.

Pretty much all org photos you see are done this way. They're always staged.

I doubt the org has had this many people graduate anything in a single time period in a long time.

Exactly... and NOBODY I knew when I was in the cult looked at it any other way. So, this just doesn't feel like news to me. It was advertising, plain and simple. Like every actor who shoots a Tide commercial only uses Tide to clean their clothes?

freethinker

Sponsor
I can tell you that if you visit one of their sites and they have your email address or I/P address they can tell that you have visited their site.

I had an SO member call me and ask me why I visited their site which was a link in an email they sent me. I said I didn't recall going to that site. She said their record showed that I visited the site and she rattled off my email address. I said that was my address but I still don't think I went to that site.

She then asked if I had any other email addresses. I said if I did I wouldn't tell her. It was an odd question because it gave me the impression that if you have your email sent to an address they don't know from an address they do know, they can track it.

This is to let you know that if they send you an email and you forward it to an address they don't know and then click on links in that email, it tells them who you are. They seem to use tracking software probably so that if you do something they want to harass you for they can prove you went to their site. That is just an assumption on my part but they do track their emails they send out.

BTW, I don't consent to their doing that and I state this so they know it.:biggrin:

Since I posted links to that Facebook page it has been tightly sealed up. Cleary it isn't a good time to be on staff and the freedom to think and express those thoughts is not wanted on that Facebook page! Yet I wonder how much data about all of us is collected from over here and kept in their files? I wonder how many people they have or have had infiltrate these groups and befriend members to collect information. Hopefully this court case will spill some beans. Hopefully this will be the crack the damn needs in order to let the water run free.....

....Ideal Orgs are not Churches, they are flash buildings designed to extract money from wealthy people for services.

And as for that completion list, not many Div 4 completions!

Daisy

Patron with Honors
Those "courses" are hilarious. "Dear Alice"? What the fuck's that?

Most of these look like they are just a stat push. Read a bulletin or listen to a lecture then attest to "course completion".

They used to do that when I was in but it looks like they've now taken it to a whole new level.

Edit: "Dear Alice" used to be another name for TR-1. Is this now classed as a course?

Am I so out of the loop? Having a Healthy Baby? Success in Raising Children, Teens and Tweens. Unbelievable! Who's the squirrel? LOL

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
I can tell you that if you visit one of their sites and they have your email address or I/P address they can tell that you have visited their site.

I had an SO member call me and ask me why I visited their site which was a link in an email they sent me. I said I didn't recall going to that site. She said their record showed that I visited the site and she rattled off my email address. I said that was my address but I still don't think I went to that site.

She then asked if I had any other email addresses. I said if I did I wouldn't tell her. It was an odd question because it gave me the impression that if you have your email sent to an address they don't know from an address they do know, they can track it.

This is to let you know that if they send you an email and you forward it to an address they don't know and then click on links in that email, it tells them who you are. They seem to use tracking software probably so that if you do something they want to harass you for they can prove you went to their site. That is just an assumption on my part but they do track their emails they send out.

BTW, I don't consent to their doing that and I state this so they know it.:biggrin:

Paranoid "religion" is paranoid.

BardoThodol

Silver Meritorious Patron
Just saw this. OSA operatives, you might want to show it to your boss.

[video]http://s1276.photobucket.com/user/staffpicks/media/Animated_GIFs/dominoes.gif.html[/video]

TG1

Angelic Poster

OR ... alternate interpretation ...

They are lying to you. They don't know whether you went to the site. They are just saying that to get you into a conversation and keep you there.

Last night, we had a marketing call from a guy who said he was calling from Discovery magazine asking to speak to my husband.

I asked why are you calling?

The guy said, "He sent us a subscription request, but forgot to put his billing information in his request."

I asked my husband if he'd ordered Discovery magazine. My husband said, "No. I cancelled it."

"No cigar," I told the caller. "Remove us from your calling list."

Stuff like that happens all the time. People selling all kinds of shit call you and lie. It's standard op for all kinds of scams. It's Scientology calling. They're scamming.

:coolwink:

TG1

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
<snip> I had an SO member call me and ask me why I visited their site which was a link in an email they sent me. </snip>
This is actually rather simple. They had a picture in that e-mail, which was an ordinary link to their website. They named the picture something unique, like thisisthepicwesentfreethinker.jpg, and sent you the mail. So the picture was downloaded when you opened the mail. They can see the hit on their site. This way they get your e-mail and IP adress..

So you probably never did visit their site, but you opened that e-mail.

:yes:

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
It's not just that. I have a blog with a stat tracker on it, and I can see what email a hit comes from (e.g. a link in that email) on that. It's simple, commercially available software.

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
It's not just that. I have a blog with a stat tracker on it, and I can see what email a hit comes from (e.g. a link in that email) on that. It's simple, commercially available software.

An even better (at least for me) non-commercial solution is: using an email client which can be configured to display pure ASCII. Thats my default configuration, so I can see any Script-calls, all kinds of links, any attachments in its pure form. Therefore, no script-virus, no transparent 1-pixel-image, nothing goes undetected and nothing can be executed on my system unless I deliberately permit it.

Security the easy way - or the hard way, if one has many friends who love to send colorful HTML-mails with glitzy bells and whistles. :biggrin:

Good twin

Floater
A few years ago when the OT committee was "handling" me, they decided to give me a project. They were very excited to tell me that they now use skip tracing software to track down people who are still in CF but been missing for years. They were going to put me in charge of the "neighborhood" program or something like that.

It might have been lulzy for me to accept the post, but I just couldn't do it. I was already worthy of a declare. They just hadn't figured it out with their OTness.