Cult's International Scout VM Project

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
To:
Sent: Monday, July 12, 2010
Subject: International Scout VM Project

I have caught a tiger by the tail.

The tiger is a dissemination project of boggling proportions. In a nutshell:

· I trained 30+ Scout leaders in Kenya as Volunteer Ministers in December.
· These dynamic young leaders have created a wildfire of VM activity including 3000 people trained as VMs, 6000 people helped by VM Tech, and VM delivery in 100 schools, 50 hospitals and 50 communities.

· Scout leaders in 11 other African countries have seen the results and want the same training for their Scouts.

· In two weeks there's an international Scout Moot (convention) hosted by Kenya where I plan to give VM seminars every day and offer VM training to Scout leaders from around the world.

· Worldwide Scout/Guide population : 38 million.

4787993019_f9059b7e4f_o.jpg

News just in: My Kenyan scout contact just received this comm from his senior at Scout International Headquarters in Geneva:

"The Scout VM booth will really add value to the Moot programme. It fits very clearly on the topic of Service (Volunteerism) under Youth Empowerment & Development. This is urgent.”

See briefing sheet below for more details.

I need your help. My grant has not come through and I need funding to get to the international event in 2 weeks. This is an opportunity not to be missed and I am determined to pull it off. Please help. I need the funding handled so I can spend the remaining time coordinating and preparing for the event.

Make checks out to "Kathy Jackson" (my VM buddy) and mail to David Dempster, 1216 Nelson Ave, Clearwater FL 33755.

Thank you!

David Dempster, Scout VM Project I/C

4788623588_bb98c099be_o.jpg

4787993271_117fcf7b06_o.jpg

4787993353_a79fa42af8_o.jpg

Target: Double the VM (Volunteer Minister) population of the planet by end of 2010

Done so far (Kenya):

· 35 Kenyan Scout leaders trained as VMs in Dec 2009. They are the "Kenya Scout VMs."

· This small spark has created a Wildfire of VMing in Kenya

· 3,000 people trained as Volunteer Ministers by the 35 Kenya Scout VMs

· 6,000 people helped using VM technology

· Tackling huge social problems countrywide

· Communication, Assists, Study Tech, conflict resolution, drug education

· Delivery done in 100 schools, 50 hospitals, 50 communities

· Written invitations from more schools and hospitals as they hear of the results

· Interest from senior government officials including education

This in just 6 months. These scouts are young and vital and they love VMing. J

The Potential (Kenya, Africa and beyond):

· Kenya Scout execs are set for offering to train the 400,000 Scouts in Kenya as active VMs

· Strong demand for Scout VM training already from Tanzania and Uganda

· 11 African countries lined up for Scout VM training

· Kenya is hosting International Scout Convention in July:
Scout/VM booth to present and offer VMing to the Scouting world

· 38 million Scouts/Guides worldwide

Next steps:

· Scout VM booth at International Scout Convention in July

· Immediate delivery of VM training to Tanzanian and Ugandan Scout leaders

· Support and expand the Kenya Scout VM activity

· Develop PR, safepointing and funding based on Kenya Scout VM delivery

· Deliver Scout leader VM training in Burundi, Congo, Ethiopia, Rwanda, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Togo and Zimbabwe

Resources needed:

· Teammates to join in on the effort

· Funding for training visits and cameras

[email protected] . +1.323.251.6964

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
If the CofS wasn't involved at all, ever (like it had disintegrated), that would all be quite uplifting.

Paul

Arthur Dent

Silver Meritorious Patron
To:

I need your help. My grant has not come through and I need funding to get to the international event in 2 weeks.

And David's grant will likely not ever come through. He will be left high and dry by the IAS. It's all done on the backs of the little people while the church keeps the dough.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
If the CofS wasn't involved at all, ever (like it had disintegrated), that would all be quite uplifting.

Paul

grant didn't come through? Is this like "the checks in the mail"?

The sad part is that someone who is capable of generating good community action is doing it for an organization that has the all the charm and honesty of Al Capone's syphilis.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
To:

The tiger is a dissemination project of boggling proportions. In a nutshell:

· I trained 30+ Scout leaders in Kenya as Volunteer Ministers in December.
· These dynamic young leaders have created a wildfire of VM activity including 3000 people trained as VMs, 6000 people helped by VM Tech, and VM delivery in 100 schools, 50 hospitals and 50 communities.

· Scout leaders in 11 other African countries have seen the results and want the same training for their Scouts.

· In two weeks there's an international Scout Moot (convention) hosted by Kenya where I plan to give VM seminars every day and offer VM training to Scout leaders from around the world.

· Worldwide Scout/Guide population : 38 million.

4787993019_f9059b7e4f_o.jpg

News just in: My Kenyan scout contact just received this comm from his senior at Scout International Headquarters in Geneva:

"The Scout VM booth will really add value to the Moot programme. It fits very clearly on the topic of Service (Volunteerism) under Youth Empowerment & Development. This is urgent.”

See briefing sheet below for more details.

I need your help. My grant has not come through and I need funding to get to the international event in 2 weeks. This is an opportunity not to be missed and I am determined to pull it off. Please help. I need the funding handled so I can spend the remaining time coordinating and preparing for the event.

Make checks out to "Kathy Jackson" (my VM buddy) and mail to David Dempster, 1216 Nelson Ave, Clearwater FL 33755.

Thank you!

4788623588_bb98c099be_o.jpg

4787993271_117fcf7b06_o.jpg

4787993353_a79fa42af8_o.jpg

Target: Double the VM (Volunteer Minister) population of the planet by end of 2010

Done so far (Kenya):

· 35 Kenyan Scout leaders trained as VMs in Dec 2009. They are the "Kenya Scout VMs."

· This small spark has created a Wildfire of VMing in Kenya

· 3,000 people trained as Volunteer Ministers by the 35 Kenya Scout VMs

· 6,000 people helped using VM technology

· Tackling huge social problems countrywide

· Communication, Assists, Study Tech, conflict resolution, drug education

· Delivery done in 100 schools, 50 hospitals, 50 communities

· Written invitations from more schools and hospitals as they hear of the results

· Interest from senior government officials including education

This in just 6 months. These scouts are young and vital and they love VMing. J

The Potential (Kenya, Africa and beyond):

· Kenya Scout execs are set for offering to train the 400,000 Scouts in Kenya as active VMs

· Strong demand for Scout VM training already from Tanzania and Uganda

· 11 African countries lined up for Scout VM training

· Kenya is hosting International Scout Convention in July:
Scout/VM booth to present and offer VMing to the Scouting world

· 38 million Scouts/Guides worldwide

Next steps:

· Scout VM booth at International Scout Convention in July

· Immediate delivery of VM training to Tanzanian and Ugandan Scout leaders

· Support and expand the Kenya Scout VM activity

· Develop PR, safepointing and funding based on Kenya Scout VM delivery

· Deliver Scout leader VM training in Burundi, Congo, Ethiopia, Rwanda, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Togo and Zimbabwe

Resources needed:

· Teammates to join in on the effort

· Funding for training visits and cameras

[email protected] . +1.323.251.6964

Time to get communication to the top of this organization about the VM program and it's intent.

The Secretary General is appointed by the World Scout Committee of which he/she is an ex-officio member. He/she is the Chief Executive Officer of the World Organization of the Scout Movement and directs its Secretariat, the World Scout Bureau. He/she promotes and safeguards the interests of the Movement...In this position he leads an Organization of more that 28 million members, girls and boys, women and men, in 160 countries.

Write, call or email the Secretary General:

World Organization of the Scout Movement
attn: Hon. Luc Panissod, Secretary General
Rue du Pré-Jérôme 5
PO Box 91
CH-1211 Geneva 4 Plainpalais
Switzerland
Tel.: (+41) 22 705 10 10
Fax.: (+41) 22 705 10 20
[email protected] (attn: Hon. Luc Panissod, Secretary General)

That email is regarding one of these 2 upcoming events:

13th World Scout Moot
27 July – 7 August 2010 <----- most likely this one
Nairobi, Kenya

22nd World Scout Jamboree
27 July - 7 August 2011
Kristianstad, Sweden

Discussion of the Kenyan event
Bulletin 1: July 2009
Welcome to Kenya - Karibu Kenya

Welcome to the first Bulletin for the 13th World Scout Moot which will be held in Kenya from 27th July to 7th August 2010. This Bulletin provides an update on progress with the preparations for the Moot.

An enormous variety of stimulating and exciting activities have been designed for the participants of the 13th World Scout Moot in Kenya. This event offers an excellent opportunity to all participants to enjoy themselves while having fun and learning more about Scouting in their groups, country and other countries throughout the world. This is a great opportunity to show how Scouting can “make a difference” at local, national and world levels.
We hope that this Bulletin will provide you with useful information. If you have any questions you can also send us an email at:
[email protected]
http://scout.org/en/information_events

Full Bulletin
http://issuu.com/worldscouting/docs/moot_bulletin_1_en?mode=embed&allowfullscreen=true