What's new

Cuz all the Anons were doing it and I'm a lemming

DCAnon

Silver Meritorious Patron
Lol, I'm not a new member, but I didn't know where else to stick this. I've been asked a couple of times for my "story". :confused2: I don't really have one and I'm not a really interesting person, but I'll make something up for people who actually wondered. It also might help some of the lurkers or new Exes who've never really spoken to an Anon protester before I guess?

I've never been in Scientology, never really gave it much thought at all. All I remember was my Dad giving me a lecture about aliens and the CoS when Battlefield Earth came out and thinking "WTF?!" when I saw the episode on South Park. I'm your typical 20-something internet user. I've lurked the *chans for about a million years last Thursday. Though my "main" forum where I post isn't a chan, we share a common internet culture and many people are active on both boards (and constantly mock each other). There's hundreds of sites that share a common culture and users visit each other, it's not surprising that 4chan has millions of readers every month.

My basic entertainment on the internet was being a "troll." Sometimes, stupid people are so stupid, they deserve to be made fun of. Especially if they're stupid and arrogant. I'd troll on my home forums, on the chans, on racist websites, on fundamentalist religious websites, in chat rooms, that kind of thing. Making fun of fundamentalists or bigots is especially funny, they're completely irrational and hateful and get themselves foaming at the mouth mad. One of my favorite trolls is posting on their websites in the guise of a gay man. There's a lot of people who do the same thing or who trap pedophiles online and then turn them over to the police like Chris Forcand or more recently, going after that teenage animal abuser who put videos of himself on the net beating his cat. It might not be the nicest thing in the world, but it IS funny. If some random person you don't know online can get you angry by teasing you, then your lack of humor and inability to take a joke means you probably deserve to be teased. :whistling:

My friend linked me to the Message to Scientology video when it first came out and I was cheering again. I didn't take part in the ddosing, but I certainly laughed at the huge hissy fit the CoS had about something so silly and so common. (Hundreds of sites are ddos'd intentionally and accidentally every day!) When the Call to Arms video came out, I decided to show up to the first protest. I joined enturbulation.org at the end of January and started inhaling all the information I could about the CoS. It was amazing to see all these funny, rude, amazing people actually get up off the internet and troll a corrupt and arrogant corporation irl. We didn't know if OSA could track us through the internet and there was this element of danger to it all, but going to the protest on February 10th was fantastically fun. I haven't missed a single global Anonymous raid since then.

I stick around for a lot of different reasons. I really just love what Anonymous is, for all it's chaotic and offensive nature. It's an environment that encourages a lot of shit, but also some of the funniest and most creative ideas I can think of. People can laugh at some pretty sick ideas, but then they also save cats from being abused. No one agrees about what Anonymous is, everyone argues and debates and trolls all the time, no one and no idea is sacred or off limits, and you're absolutely free to express yourself. Even when Anonymous goes after itself, that's just part of the nature I like. People are all equal, no one is a special unique snowflake and no one's opinion is more important than anyone else's. We're all judged on the quality of our ideas and what we have to say rather than who we are or how egotistically awesome we think we are.

I stick around because the more I learned about the CoS, the sicker it made me. I'm not a big moralfag, but there's a couple of hot button issues everyone has and the CoS likes to stomp all over mine. (I'm not a super activist, but I've done my share of protesting things I thought were important) A little nerdrage isn't a bad thing every once in a while and it helps keep things focused. I stick around because not only does the CoS stomp on my hot buttons, but it also tried to control me personally. It got on my internet and it tried to tell me what I could say and what I could watch under threat of punishment and litigation. That's unforgivable.

I also stick around because basically, at the most fundamental level of all of this, it's a whole lot of fun and I really enjoy what I'm doing. The CoS is still incredibly arrogant and corrupt, they still think they're too important to make fun of themselves and rampage around like an angry rhino when other people poke fun. They can't help themselves. Even with curtains and ignore tech, they're trained to confront and never defend. If one city is quiet, the CoS in another is bubbling with craziness. Handlers spam news articles and send out crazy malicious emails making all kinds of weird threats and allegations. We're pissing them off and it's SO FREAKING EASY. If a bunch of fat internet nerds who shake their butts at a building to rick astley inspires an organization to track down and threaten minors, issue fake bomb threats, and try to get them labeled terrorists, then I'm rolling on the floor. And the best part is, they'll never be able to stop themselves from reacting that way. It's like picking a fight with the special child. He's big, he's strong, and if he hits you it'll really hurt...but he's just so slow and clumsy. You should be careful, try not to get hit, but there's no reason to be afraid.

I like the people I've met, I like the impact I've had in this whole thing I've been a part of, I like having parties in the street and using intellect to bury stupid cultish arguements and I like how me doing something so silly has actually had a major positive influence on people's lives. I never really thought it would come this far or turn into something so big and I'd like to stick around to see how it all ends.

Outside of all of this, I'm just an ordinary person. I'm almost 25, I love collecting old radio shows from the 1940s and I am a fattypants. lol Big star wars/trek nerd, though not big enough to ever go to a convention, hahaha. I do admit I have a 6ft tall cardboard cut out of Boba Fett in my living room at home. I read all the time, I am addicted to the news, I love jellyfish and I can't cook to save my life. I'm just poor, happy, nerdy and normal I guess. XD

tl;dr: Do it for the lulz.

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks DCA -- after knowing you for a while, it's good to know something about you!! :yes:

I'm glad that you are willing to take up a cause just because it's right. No telling how many you've helped . . .as my mom always said "it's a good activity". Anonymous has been doing wonderful work and saved a lot of people. And I'm glad you are having fun and plan to stick around a while!

:)TL

DCAnon

Thanks DCA -- after knowing you for a while, it's good to know something about you!! :yes:

I'm glad that you are willing to take up a cause just because it's right. No telling how many you've helped . . .as my mom always said "it's a good activity". Anonymous has been doing wonderful work and saved a lot of people. And I'm glad you are having fun and plan to stick around a while!

:)TL

Lol, my parents think it's weird that I do this, but my mom is an activist type and she's pretty thrilled I've found "a good activity" to be involved with. To be honest, I think they're more happy I found my own odd little social group to go to dinner with and watch movies than anything else. I'm not originally from this area, so when I moved here, they were so happy Anonymous helped me find local friends. :faceslap:

MOAR cake? Geez, my ass is going to be huge!

uncle sam

To DCAnon-----

Thanks for posting some info regarding yourself-- it appears that you have "got it together" and are"enjoying life and yourself"-congratulations for that -it's not easy to do.

DC is my hometown and I do love it--hope you enjoy all the memorials and museums it offers. If not-Adams Morgan is a good visit. So is "Great Falls-Maryland side".

DCAnon

Thanks for posting some info regarding yourself-- it appears that you have "got it together" and are"enjoying life and yourself"-congratulations for that -it's not easy to do.

DC is my hometown and I do love it--hope you enjoy all the memorials and museums it offers. If not-Adams Morgan is a good visit. So is "Great Falls-Maryland side".

It's been great being here. I fell in love with the city when I visited my senior year of high school and was determined to live here. I love all there is to do. There's never an excuse to be bored when there's so many free museums!

Last edited:

Telepathetic

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks for sharing your story and your discription of what Anonymous is all about;you've done a great job. :thumbsup:
I'm glad you're with us and thank you for your help and humor.:yes:

Oh and here's more..:cake: :coolwink:

TP

Feral

Rogue male
Welcome DCA! (LOL)

Thanks for filling in the gaps, hey, you're not very trolly here, does that mean you like us?.......or that you think we are fragile?

Or do we inspire your 'nice' side?:happydance:

DCAnon

Welcome DCA! (LOL)

Thanks for filling in the gaps, hey, you're not very trolly here, does that mean you like us?.......or that you think we are fragile?

Or do we inspire your 'nice' side?:happydance:

There's a time and a place for things. :) The atmosphere in the chans or in the Thunderdome isn't the same as here. We like to tell people to "lurk moar" when they first start posting on our sites. We feel like people should take the time to actually understand our culture and our communities and the way we do things rather than jumping in brand new to tell everyone what they should do and what they're doing wrong. I just lurked moar on ESMB to understand your culture on the forum before I started posting. Come see me in the Thunderdome sometime and I'll show you what's what. :coolwink:

Besides, it helps spot the trolls that pop up here. It's endlessly entertaining to make fun of the wannabe OSA trolls!

If any of you ex FCDCers are ever in the area, let me know and we'll party hard.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks for all that you've been doing DCA, and a special thanks for your story.:hifive:

I met my first anons at Carmel's bash a few weekends ago and I'm pleased I got to know some people who are bringing down the cult by having fun.:happydance:

Your story confirms further what I'd thought - Anons are a cut above the average person in that they care for more than just their own narrow zone of interest.:clap:

Please continue the lulz and caek and keep posting - it's been great to have your contribution here and I for one look forward to a lot more :thumbsup:

Megalomaniac

You big meany!

Hi DC!

If I see you in California, I'm gonna feed you an organic oat apricot cake (a.k.a. hockey puck).

If I see you in Oregon, I'm gonna feed you a bran muffin with filberts.

If I see you in DC, you have to teach me to dance and we're going to the Federal Reserve Bank and we're gonna rick-roll Bernanke! :rickroll:

Shake what you got. :thumbsup:

:wave:
mac

rich

Well then DC ,you should come to clearwater. We have more jellyfish than the capitol.

HappyGirl

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi DCA! It is great to have a story to go along with your posts. I didn't understand any of the nerd/techie words you used that came into the language after 1990 or so, but the whole Anon movement in relation to Scientology is absolutely fascinating. It IS something worth sticking around for. What will happen next??

No one agrees about what Anonymous is, everyone argues and debates and trolls all the time, no one and no idea is sacred or off limits, and you're absolutely free to express yourself.
This is what is driving CoS crazy. :D

Carmel

Crusader
Good on you girl, for doing what you do, and for sharing a bit more of yourself with us. :)

It's a giggle, given a conversation we had a couple of months ago - I knew that ya cared :p , ya little devil! :coolwink:

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
DCAnon

:anon: salutes you with :cake:
:mudkip: says "I am SPARTICUS !!!"
F#C ESMB would be dead boring with out you DC, thanks for ALL the post about "the scene" on the East Coast :thumbsup: