What's new

DailyMail (UK): Pictured for the first time: Secret 'Twin Peaks' Scientology Base

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Here's the full headline from the Daily Mail in this article just published minutes ago:

EXCLUSIVE - Pictured for the first time: Secret 'Twin Peaks' Scientology base in the California mountains 'where Shelly Miscavage has lived since disappearing seven years ago'

• The base, 120 miles outside Los Angeles, was built exactly to the specification of Church leader David Miscavige to withstand any nuclear holocaust
  • Tom Cruise and John Travolta allegedly have special bunkers to escape to when the end of the world arrives
  • Former Scientologist Dylan Gill who was foreman when $18m compound was built believes that is where Shelly Miscavige now lives after she disappeared from public view seven years ago
  • Argon-filled vaults have been built underground to archive and store the works of founder Ron L. Hubbard
  • Grounds feature mysterious 'gyro gym' which some speculate is for 'torture' but others say is meant to challenge the user's senses
  • Other former Scientologists are convinced that the vaults also hold half a billion dollars in gold and cash reserves
By Chris White In Big Bear, California
PUBLISHED: 10:19 EST, 7 November 2013 | UPDATED: 10:26 EST, 7 November 2013

The whereabouts of Scientology leader David Miscavige’s wife Shelly has been shrouded in mystery for the last seven years.It caused the high profile defection of Hollywood actress Leah Rimini who dared to ask the question. Now MailOnline can reveal claims that she is living in a secret base deep in the San Bernardino mountains.
It’s the only Scientology base never to have been pictured before apart from afar on Google images.
The base was built exactly to David Miscavige’s specifications to withstand any nuclear holocaust and it’s where Tom Cruise and John Travolta allegedly have special bunkers to escape to when the end of the world arrives.

<snip>

See Full Article Here (with LOTS of photos):http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Scientology-base-Shelly-Miscavage-lives.html

In the story it says:
"MailOnlinespoke exclusively to ex-Church member Dylan Gill, who oversaw the building of the base reveals all its secrets."

Dylan is one of the members on ESMB.

Thank-you Dylan!
(and to all others who contributed) :clap:

Last edited:

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron
i think they have had those photos for quite some time, they probably were happy to throw the shelly angle in and squeeze a little more revenue out of them.

edit; nope, i had it confused with the new mexico photos... which they have also printed at the botton.
ironic the mention angry gay pope, he is probably in his court hearing right this minute. after two nights in jail!

Last edited:

Dean Blair

Silver Meritorious Patron
Thanks for the post. It is great to see the exposure Scientology is getting from the media every day.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
i think they have had those photos for quite some time, they probably were happy to throw the shelly angle in and squeeze a little more revenue out of them.

edit; nope, i had it confused with the new mexico photos... which they have also printed at the bottom. ironic the mention angry gay pope, he is probably in his court hearing right this minute. after two nights in jail!

I did get a snicker from this..LOL..

"Scientology activist and blogger, who goes by the name Angry Gay Pope, also provided four other images of Twin Peaks which includes a huge propane tank and gyro gym wheel. Angry Gay Pope is convinced the gyro gym is used as a ‘torture device’, but Dylan has another more mundane explanation of the contraption, popular in the 90s and even once used by Madonna for exercise."

It's called a GyroGym. Google it. :duh:

Here's the full headline from the Daily Mail in this article just published minutes ago:

In the story it says:

Thank-you Dylan!

great post pitsy...

ab-fukkin'-surd ain't it?

dylan sec-checked for six months before he can go there because they want to make sure he's not a plant when he's already in all his life...

and now he's on esmb

of course...

auditing and auditor training are good things but CoS is a flying monkey house...

thanx for the post pitsy; you do some damn good work pal

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
The NY Daily News picked up this story as well. :yes:

Scientology compound Twin Peaks, Shelly Miscavige’s reputed hideout, exposed

The 500-acre Church of Scientology Technology base in the mountains of San Bernardino, Calif., has been photographed for the very first time. Former Scientologist Dylan Gill, who helped oversee the construction, has revealed some of its secrets and says leader David Miscavige's missing wife probably lives there.

By Lee Moran / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Friday, November 8, 2013, 9:00 AM

The top-secret Scientology headquarters where leader David Miscavige's wife is believed to have been living since her 2006 disappearance has been pictured for the very first time.

A former church member, speaking with news agency Coleman-Rayner, says Shelly Miscavige has been holed up in the 500-acre Church of Scientology Technology base in the forested California mountains of San Bernardino for the last seven years.

Dubbed "Twin Peaks," the facility, some 120 miles east of Los Angeles, can barely be seen from the road.

And with half of the nuclear-holocaust-proof facility built underground, it's also managed to escape the all-seeing eye of Google Earth's satellites.

It's not the NY Times but still ranked pretty high! :)

nydailynews_zps46fb604b.jpg

Purple Rain

Crusader
That's a bit of a bad stat time for OSA! Lol! How many square inches do you reckon that would be? Great article!!

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I'm thinking that usually this article would have been picked up by other media as well but they're all going crazy with the Tom Cruise deposition, so this article from the Daily Mail is largely being ignored.

Anonycat

Crusader
I'm thinking that usually this article would have been picked up by other media as well but they're all going crazy with the Tom Cruise deposition, so this article from the Daily Mail is largely being ignored.

It is pretty juicy.

When asked if Holmes left him "in part to protect Suri from Scientology," he said the question and the statement were "offensive."

"Like with any relationship, there are many different levels to it. You know, I, I find it very offensive. There is no need to protect my daughter from my religion," he said, before answering that he believes it's a "false statement."

But the lawyer harped on the question, asking, "And Ms. Holmes has never indicated in any way that was one of the reasons she left you? … To protect Suri from Scientology?"

Cruise replied, "Did she say that? That was one of the assertions, yes."

He said Suri is not currently practicing Scientology.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...n-holmes-left-because-of-scientology/3474737/
http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/national/tom-cruise-admits-scientology-contributed-split-ka/nbnPp/
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...olmes-protect-suri-scientology_n_4240715.html
http://blog.sfgate.com/dailydish/20...ers-scientology-was-factor-in-holmes-divorce/
Tom Cruise admits Scientology helped wreck his marriage: http://www.marinij.com/ci_24484384/tom-cruise-admits-scientology-helped-wreck-his-marriage

Video: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...leader-missing-wife-exposed-article-1.1510606

He as much as called Katie an SP! I think the media will keep this one around a little longer.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
It is pretty juicy.

Yes, it IS. :biggrin:

However, when Cruise said:
Cruise replied, "Did she say that? That was one of the assertions, yes."

I'm not sure that he meant it in the same way that the media has interpreted it. Some believe he is saying that it is the media which asserted that, and not Katie.

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron

In the story it says:

Thank-you Dylan!

His and hers bunkers, I love it! LOL. I wonder how much you gotta pay for Meritorious Bunkerous. Those 2 will go down as the 2 most conned guys ever in all of the universe. :duh:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
His and hers bunkers, I love it! LOL. I wonder how much you gotta pay for Meritorious Bunkerous. Those 2 will go down as the 2 most conned guys ever in all of the universe. :duh:

I got the distinct impression from reading Tony Ortega that he believes that part of the story from the Daily Mail wasn't factual.

And also I heard directly from one of the individuals quoted in the story that the Daily Mail misquoted some other things as well. :ohmy:

Anonycat

Crusader
I got the distinct impression from reading Tony Ortega that he believes that part of the story from the Daily Mail wasn't factual.

And also I heard directly from one of the individuals quoted in the story that the Daily Mail misquoted some other things as well. :ohmy:

I haven't read the transcripts either, but I would if I was going to publish an article. If that quote was misunderstood, he's going to have about a hundred more $50,000,000 lawsuits.

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron
you know, i was just reading about the mormons yesterday, and how they made that huge land aqquisition in FL.
and they have all these requirements for members, like you are supposed to have a years worth of supplies on hand and enough money to pay all your bills for a year, tucked away.
but, if that fails the church has their own internal welfare system for members who fall on hard times.
and they have massive food storage facilities. members are pretty much expected to raise a garden and can the harvest and donate to these stockpiles.
then when there is a disaster, the momons will dole that out, member or not to those in need.

but, scientology?
well, they send out a small group in used yellow tee-shirts and give starving children hard candy to lay down and pretend they Regetting a touch assist for a photo op.
and they build several multi-million dollar bunkers for the top three in the heirarchy, and a handful of there movie star friends.

i know money was collected for the trementina facility, but did anyone ever dare ask to see these sacred platinum disks os scriptures? i doubt it. and i doubt they exist.

at the very least, no one knows if it is the "old" tech or the new tech inscribed.
as cults go, the mormons don't sound that bad... but they have some strange beliefs about the native americans being devil spawn. i was warned from an early age, to not get too close to them. wish someone would have warned me about $cn.lol.

Last edited: