What's new

Dan Murnan and me in Los Angeles

Winston Smith

Flunked Scientology
Ummm dude...do you not think that the people coming and going around you, who are predominately scientologists, dont feel harrassed by you taking their photos and posting them on the internet?

It looks like tit for tat to me....a bit silly, but certainly not something illegal or undeserved.

Sure you have every right to photograph what you can see from a public sidewalk, but do you ever consider that the people you photograph are a little creeped out by it and wonder what you are up too?

But then they are scientologists and thus deserve it, right?

My perspective...

alex

I see the point if no one else here is willing to accept the point. Does not mean I have empathy for scilons however. Having been gone so long, the whole thing seems silly to me. Back in my day, dissent was more quietly addressed. Ofcourse back then, the outright criminal behaviour of today's cult did not exist. I am referring to murder, imprisonment, torture and assorted other misbehaviour of David Miscarriage.

PS, note how I spelled misbehavior? That was for my Aussi friends :)

OHTEEATE

Silver Meritorious Patron
Dan

Interesting thing happened yesterday. I commented on a video that I had heard that Dan had passed away. I heard this months ago from a friend of mine. I assumed it was true. Within a few hours, there was a thread racing around the Anon site and other critic sites that Dan was dead. So, I did a search this morning, found his business phone, and called him. He is alive. Same old Dan. Sort of amazing how a rumor can circulate. I hope this makes amends for my inadvertently starting a false alarm that this guy, who volunteers to oppose Anon, is not alive. I think they would truly miss him. He is so easy to oppose, being antagonistic and all. That is just his tone level.

Last edited:

smartone

My Own Boss
Hi my name is Doug and I have taken photos at PAC Base in Los Angeles in the past. You can see my photos here:
http://flickr.com/photos/10235811@N07

Last Friday I was surrounded by Dan Murnan, Patty Baber and Jude aka Jeff. In between trying to take a photos I switched my small point and shoot style camera into video mode and I took a few short clips. You can see them here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UDocUQFS3k

The photos I took that day can be seen here:
http://flickr.com/photos/10235811@N07/sets/72157608349096840/

And in case you wondered, I have never been a scientologist. I have always tried to treat the members at PAC with respect. I believe there are some real problems with the church now, but I don't believe the problems can be solved my yelling back an forth between critics and scientologists. I also hope some of my photos have show ex-members of the Sea Org what some of their former sea org friends are up to and to help serve as historical documentation.

I have a lot of stories to tell and I hope to share them with you someday.

Doug

Er - your photos are no longer on flickr.

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
<snip>
Ofcourse back then, the outright criminal behaviour of today's cult did not exist. I am referring to murder, imprisonment, torture and assorted other misbehaviour of David Miscarriage.

Pardon? Back when?

Are you referring to before or after LRH chained miscreants up in the dog kennel at St Hill? Or before or after he threw children into grimey prison holds on the Apollo and threw erring auditors over the side of the ship? Or before or after the hiring of paid assassin Jerry McDonald to intimidate scientologists?

Or was this before or after the SP declare of March 6th 1968 http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/50grand/cult/hco-ethics-order-30.html where LRH ordered sea org members to kill 13 scientologists.

It is important not to let Miscavige's crimes gloss over Hubbard's.

The cult has behaved criminally since the mid sixties at least.

When was this period when there was no "outright criminal behaviour"?

Last edited:

dianaclass8

Thanks for making this video, it shows what has become of the scientologist, they are pityful really.

Whatever happened to TRs, grant beingness and all those things? I guess they justify their insane behavior somehow. This video a good evidence of their insanity.

Diana

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Thanks for making this video, it shows what has become of the scientologist, they are pityful really.Whatever happened to TRs, grant beingness and all those things? I guess they justify their insane behavior somehow. This video a good evidence of their insanity.
Diana

Hey dianaclass8....I had the same impression ("so this is what it has come to...")

What is particularly striking (once I was able to get past the bizarre cult-like behavior which would be abhorrent to any normal person) is THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WHAT THE SCIENTOLOGISTS THINK THEY ARE DOING....AND WHAT THEY ARE ACTUALLY DOING.

What they think they are doing: Ethically attacking & shattering suppression in order to help Ron salvage this sector of the galaxy & thereby set all beings totally free.

What they are actually doing: Rigidly holding a video-cam on a free person as an implied threat in order to intimidate, harrass and suppress that person's freedom.

Scironytology at its best!

dianaclass8

Hey dianaclass8....I had the same impression ("so this is what it has come to...")

What is particularly striking (once I was able to get past the bizarre cult-like behavior which would be abhorrent to any normal person) is THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WHAT THE SCIENTOLOGISTS THINK THEY ARE DOING....AND WHAT THEY ARE ACTUALLY DOING.

What they think they are doing: Ethically attacking & shattering suppression in order to help Ron salvage this sector of the galaxy & thereby set all beings totally free.

What they are actually doing: Rigidly holding a video-cam on a free person as an implied threat in order to intimidate, harrass and suppress that person's freedom.

Scironytology at its best!

Yes, you could not have described that better, they are soooo brain washed that they are so sure that they are doing the right thing. It is very sad to see how they are wasting their lives.

As far as I am concerned this video is historical. One day when the 'Roman Empire' falls down and they wake up they will see the state of things as they actually exist.

Diana

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
I am not familiar with Jerry McDonald and his exploits. Would love to hear more.

Of course I cannot be sure these three references are about the same Jerry McDonald. But the 1st and 3rd references bear a commonality of undercover criminality by person or person's called Jerry McDonald.

Affadavit of Scott Meyer http://www.xenu-directory.net/critics/mayer1.html

INSTRUCTIONS TO KILL

22. While I was in the Sea Org, I was instructed to kill another human being by the Scientology organization. At the time Scientology had an office on Beacon Avenue in Los Angeles, very close to McArthur Park. I was called in for a briefing by Alex Sibryski. At that time, Scientology had a ranch at Rosarito in Mexico which was being used as a nursery, a place for overflow kids that could not be housed in Los Angeles and a place to grow fruits and vegetables. Mexican bandits were allegedly harassing and hustling the ranch and stealing produce from it. Jerry McDonald and I were asked to put together a mission to go down to Mexico, take some infrared optics and some guns and rifles, wait for the Mexican bandits to attack the ranch again and then take care of them. We were told to kill them if necessary. I received these orders from Alex Sibryski. At the time he was Commanding Officer Flag Operations Western U.S. ("F.O.L.O.W.U.S."). This was part of Scientology's elite Sea Organization. I was the Operations Officer at Flags Operations Liaison Office at the time and it was my job to write the mission orders for this thing and get us all briefed and ready to go. We figured that if we "took out" the bandit leaders the rest would disband. It took 24-48 hours to get this done and in the course of that time I never saw any written dispatches on this but the mission was then canceled by Alex Sibryski. He said that there was a governess in-charge of the ranch and that the bandits had tried to attack her at the place and she had shot the bandit leader with a shotgun through the door and taken care of the problem.

23. Jerry McDonald was widely rumored to have been a former mercenary and a paid assassin in Europe. He was known throughout the Sea Org for taking care of difficult problems. If someone was giving a problem in some area Jerry McDonald would just appear there. Because of his reputation as having been an assassin, if he came on the scene, people would fear for their lives. They believed that he was working totally for Scientology and that he would do anything for Hubbard. Additionally, he was also the kind of guy who would have people over to his house every now and then and would get out his automatic weapons, clean them and put them together in front of people. In this way, he would let people know that he was really conversant with his craft. He carried a 9 mm pistol on him all the time and he was always talking about arms sales and deals that he was doing. As things turned out, he and I were not required to carry out the instructions to kill that we had received. However, if the orders had not been canceled I have no doubt that he could have performed the task.

Jerry McDonald - Clear #30202 - same person? http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/clears/auditor_182.html

http://www.freezone.org/timetrack/data/Playing_Dirty/c02.htm
His superior was Jerry McDonald who, it was later discovered, was a justice Department informant who had joined the church the preceed ing year. At the time he enrolled in the church, McDonald was in possession of a boat, The Blue Fin, which had been used previously in narcotics smuggling. Two years later he was arrested along with a narcotics ring aboard another ship, the Makaira, but was given immunity from prosecution as an informant.

After a very brief period of indoctrination under McDonald, Allard was given a job with the Advanced Organization in Los Angeles. His new position was director of disbursements in the finance section of that group. His work consisted in paying bills, and purchasing supplies for the staff.

By curious coincidence, a month after Allard entered the service of the church, the IRS reported in an internal memorandum that the agency had received confidential information concerning the church flagship, Apollo. The same memo also contained data regarding the ship Blue Fin and its operation.

GreyWolf

Gold Meritorious Patron
I wonder if the scilons know or care how rediculous the look when they go out on a gang-bang photo mission?

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
FYI, readers, ml99 is not liked by OSA PAC because he documents misuse of L Ron Hubbard Way and and street permits in that area by the church and local official bodies. It's not like he just appeared there for the first time and is harassing them. I'm sure as soon as they see him coming to the neighborhood, they send out the 3 Stooges or any available OSAbots. intentionally.

Good Job, Doug

Mary McConnell
re:
Hi my name is Doug and I have taken photos at PAC Base in Los Angeles in the past. You can see my photos here:
http://flickr.com/photos/10235811@N07

Last Friday I was surrounded by Dan Murnan, Patty Baber and Jude aka Jeff. In between trying to take a photos I switched my small point and shoot style camera into video mode and I took a few short clips. You can see them here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UDocUQFS3k

The photos I took that day can be seen here:
http://flickr.com/photos/10235811@N07/sets/72157608349096840/

And in case you wondered, I have never been a scientologist. I have always tried to treat the members at PAC with respect. I believe there are some real problems with the church now, but I don't believe the problems can be solved my yelling back an forth between critics and scientologists. I also hope some of my photos have show ex-members of the Sea Org what some of their former sea org friends are up to and to help serve as historical documentation.

I have a lot of stories to tell and I hope to share them with you someday.

Doug

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
I just called Dan Murnan in LA. He is alive.

When I tried calling "Standard Dan", his line was busy, but his answering machine picked up:

"HELLO TERMINAL. THANK YOU FOR ETHICALLY PUTTING IN A COM LINE AND MAKING YOURSELF KNOWN. I WILL REVIEW YOUR NON-EXISTENCE FORMULA FOR POSSIBLE UPGRADE WHEN I RETURN. IN THE MEANWHILE, HERE IS WHAT IS 'NEEDED & WANTED'. PLEASE LEAVE A DETAILED LIST OF YOUR CRIMES. I KNOW YOU GOT 'EM. COME ON SPIT 'EM OUT AT THE BEEP!"

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Dan first showed up (on the 'critic scene', as an opponent) in the summer of '98 when he was '2nd in command' of Friends of Religious Liberty, under Craig Brown. Their first public actions were home pickets of critics and flyering of neighborhoods, soon to be followed by the stalking of Kady when she came to LA for a visit, which also resulted in some hilarious pictures. (unfortunately no longer available)

At the time both Craig and Dan were claiming to be OTVIII. The FRL later morphed to Scientology Parishioners Committee or SPC (once it was realized that actually labeling their activities 'scientology' could be dangerous.) SPC erected one of the first multi-person 'DA Page' sites, following what had earlier been individual pages. There's a fun story here, because the SPC site leaked prior to going public which resulted in about a weeks worth of preperatory work being visible to critics in the Spring of '99, following the picket of Elron Way etc. in March. Craig Brown, posting to ARS as 'SPC' left more than a dozen hilarious announcements of home pickets.

The original 'DA Page' was Russ Shaw's 'ARSCC Bigots' page which was entirely deleted when Dennis Erlich's settlement meant that the 'Church' needed to immediately remove all references to him.

Craig Brown did die in '99 and, there were rumors of Dan dying a few years later, so, if he's alive that's good news.

The SPC site eventually became 'Religiousfreedomwatch'. SPC itself went through a couple of changes and names, at one point being run by Tory before her exit.

Zinj

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
L,

Very interesting about Jerry McDonald. Appalling!

Well LRH's orders were to destroy his enemies "utterly", so it is not surprising such characters were in and around scientology.

He did after all order the shooting of 13 scientologists by the SO in the March 6th 1968 ethics order I referenced. I've noticed the link I gave isn't currently working so here's another link to it: Any Sea Org member contacting any of them is to use Auditing Process R2-45.

I wonder what these modern day camera pointing servants of DM would make of the deadly (literally) orders of LRH to point guns at his "enemies"?