What's new

Dan O' leary(spelling?)

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
I still have no idea who you are talking about. :confused:
Don't worry about it sweetheart...

The Caliph is just some crazy old hippie...

Some wise man once said "It is better for people to ask why there is no monument to you than for them to ask why there is"

Ah, thanks for the clarification @Boat_Rocker_1. I didn't know about the other Sac Mission. We were flourishing and prospering, back in the day!
Alan Walter was quite a character. He worked directly with LRH in the early 60s. He made good money conducting training seminars for executives in a lot of large corporations, using Scientology methods. He married Chick Corea's ex-girlfriend.
There is no question that he knew the tech inside and out. He personally supervised most of my Comm course when I got in. That's the only time I ever saw him do that.
By today's standards, he would be called a sexual predator. He had a reputation for using his powers of influence to get a lot of BJs. Part of that reputation was that the benefits were all in one direction. He did nothing to satisfy those women's needs. Jim Woolery was his "mini-me" and his enabler. I know of one case when a woman got a session from Jim. She considered that her having given Alan a BJ was a withhold. Jim applied his own, made-up process in the session to leave her feeling comfortable that she could announce what she had done to the whole world. Jim and Alan were a very scummy pair of co-conspirators. They would have gotten along with Bill Clinton like two peas in a pod
Alan drove expensive cars and owned an airplane with the money he drained out of his missions, while his staff members couldn't afford gas to get to the mission on what they were paid. For awhile, Alan imposed a $500 a minute fine for any staff member who showed up late. They didn't have it, of course, so he just kindly added it to their contract balance as a growing debt.
Alan chain smoked cigars. He died in 2009 of throat cancer after he "refined" the Scientology tech into what he called Knowledgism.

FoTi

Crusader
Alan Walter was quite a character. He worked directly with LRH in the early 60s. He made good money conducting training seminars for executives in a lot of large corporations, using Scientology methods. He married Chick Corea's ex-girlfriend.
There is no question that he knew the tech inside and out. He personally supervised most of my Comm course when I got in. That's the only time I ever saw him do that.
By today's standards, he would be called a sexual predator. He had a reputation for using his powers of influence to get a lot of BJs. Part of that reputation was that the benefits were all in one direction. He did nothing to satisfy those women's needs. Jim Woolery was his "mini-me" and his enabler. I know of one case when a woman got a session from Jim. She considered that her having given Alan a BJ was a withhold. Jim applied his own, made-up process in the session to leave her feeling comfortable that she could announce what she had done to the whole world. Jim and Alan were a very scummy pair of co-conspirators. They would have gotten along with Bill Clinton like two peas in a pod
Alan drove expensive cars and owned an airplane with the money he drained out of his missions, while his staff members couldn't afford gas to get to the mission on what they were paid. For awhile, Alan imposed a $500 a minute fine for any staff member who showed up late. They didn't have it, of course, so he just kindly added it to their contract balance as a growing debt.
Alan chain smoked cigars. He died in 2009 of throat cancer after he "refined" the Scientology tech into what he called Knowledgism.
When did you do the comm course?

Wow! How/where did you learn all of this about Alan Walters?

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
1975 at the COSMOS Mission. I learned by being there through it all.
Welcome Boat rocker. I would like to know more about that time. In particular the FP#1, the weekly battle plans and of course the regging that went on regarding the attempted accomplishment of the weekly battle plans. How much pressure was involved, and what were the sources of the money in those reg cycles. If you care to tell, I am very interesting in reading your views.

No disrespect intended, but the stuff you are asking about just wasn't part of the culture at the COSMOS mission. I have no answers for your questions.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation

Hi @Boat_Rocker_1 ... welcome to ESMB.

Re Chick Corea's ex ... are you referring to a lady named Devon (I've omitted her surname but it began with an R back then)?

Hi @Boat_Rocker_1 ... welcome to ESMB.

Re Chick Corea's ex ... are you referring to a lady named Devon (I've omitted her surname but it began with an R back then)?
I had forgotten her name, but that seems to ring a bell. It sounds right to me. She was a musician herself and very pretty. She told me the story of meeting Alan at Flag, in Clearwater. She said they were at the pool and he just put a tractor beam on her that just about pulled her off her feet.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Yes, she was lovely, one of the nicest people I met while in the cult (she was also a class 8). I was surprised she was willing to have anything to do with Alan Walter with or without his 'tractor beam' ... (I didn't think she actually married him either).

She married the then CO FOLOUK around 78/79 who was much better suited to her I thought (he wasn't a wannabe guru so that helped) ... lol.

Yes, she was lovely, one of the nicest people I met while in the cult (she was also a class 8). I was surprised she was willing to have anything to do with Alan Walter with or without his 'tractor beam' ... (I didn't think she actually married him either).

She married the then CO FOLOUK around 78/79 who was much better suited to her I thought (he wasn't a wannabe guru so that helped) ... lol.
Well, that's interesting because 78/79 is about the time she and Alan announced they were married at the mission. That was a lot of years ago though, so I can't swear to an exact time. I think I may even still have a photograph of that moment stashed away somewhere. If I do, there might be a date on it saying when it was developed.

She gave me a few sessions back then. I remember her word clearing me on some musical terms. I was having a lot of trouble grasping the definition of a "false note". :0)

wigee1

Patron with Honors
I had forgotten her name, but that seems to ring a bell. It sounds right to me. She was a musician herself and very pretty. She told me the story of meeting Alan at Flag, in Clearwater. She said they were at the pool and he just put a tractor beam on her that just about pulled her off her feet.
I know Chick was with Gael Moran _(spelling) keyboard player Never heard of her since ,Blondish curly hair. Hippy ish ,79/ 8 Is that her.
Granitt

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Well, that's interesting because 78/79 is about the time she and Alan announced they were married at the mission. That was a lot of years ago though, so I can't swear to an exact time. I think I may even still have a photograph of that moment stashed away somewhere. If I do, there might be a date on it saying when it was developed.

She gave me a few sessions back then. I remember her word clearing me on some musical terms. I was having a lot of trouble grasping the definition of a "false note". :0)
Oh. If we are thinking of the same person (and I think we are ... she was definitely Chick Corea's and Alan Walter's ex girlfriend) ... she met and later married the then CO (he was Swedish) around the time I mentioned and within a few months he had left the SO and they had moved to the US.

I remember being happy that they got far away from the SO, she didn't join as far as I know but he was a very capable guy who had been wasting his life in the SO until he met her.

TomKat

Patron Meritorious
Just hearsay, but I heard Walter never filed the marriage papers. He informed her of that at a group dinner, after they'd been "married" for quite awhile and he was tired of her. Ya marries a sociopath and ya takes yer chances.

Just hearsay, but I heard Walter never filed the marriage papers. He informed her of that at a group dinner, after they'd been "married" for quite awhile and he was tired of her. Ya marries a sociopath and ya takes yer chances.
That rings a bell for me too.

I vaguely remember one of the female staff telling me that Devon confided that she was not happy with Alan because of his sexual abuse. So, the news was probably a relief to her.

Honestly, I figured something was fishy at the time. But I didn't care either way. As a group, we had already agreed that we weren't subject to WOG considerations. Conventional morals weren't considered to matter much, unless you needed a reason to nail someone for something - then it all mattered. Everyone considered themselves to be "free" of standard social agreements.

Remember, "Goodness and badness, beautifulness and ugliness, are alike considerations and have no other basis than opinion."

LRH admired Aleister Crowley, who is known for saying, "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law."

Alan Walter was definitely in agreement with those as guiding principles.

Last edited:
I know Chick was with Gael Moran _(spelling) keyboard player Never heard of her since ,Blondish curly hair. Hippy ish ,79/ 8 Is that her.
Granitt
The greatest jazz performance I ever attended in my life was a Scientologists event in LA in the late 70s. Chick Corea, Gayle Moran, Stanley Clark, Mike Garson and Al Jarreau were all on stage together. It was just wonderful!

wigee1

Patron with Honors
The greatest jazz performance I ever attended in my life was a Scientologists event in LA in the late 70s. Chick Corea, Gayle Moran, Stanley Clark, Mike Garson and Al Jarreau were all on stage together. It was just wonderful!
So I gather it wasnt Gayle Moran , Return to forever came out to Sydney 79/80 as a big band 16 musicans , Rick Laird playing bass, Gayle playing Keyboards as well,
I was kinda disappointed with them, to the point it was overwhelming at the end , and i,m a jazz muso , Gayle was wishy washy, Now if Al Jarreau was singing that would be one hellva night.
Granitt,

TomKat

Patron Meritorious
Having seen the original Return to Forever the previous year, I was disappointed in the LA performance with Gayle Moran that you mention. Kinda like the Beatles vs the Plastic Ono Band :)

vumba

Danielle Chamberlin

Who was the CO Folo UK in 78/79?