What's new

Dave's Missing 40 Million Dollars!

byte301

Crusader
Thanks Byte. I'll consider it. I may just set up a room dedicated to Scn. You know, maybe wallpaper with old certs and LRH photos, line the walls with shelves full of books and lectures and display all my artifacts. Of course I'll have to paint the walls and ceiling black and hang spiderwebs all over and play some drippy scarey music. I think I have Manheim Steamroller's Halloween CD here somewhere.......Nope, you're right I should just sell them.
:yes:

:lol:

MarkWI

Patron Meritorious
Thanks Byte. I'll consider it. I may just set up a room dedicated to Scn. You know, maybe wallpaper with old certs and LRH photos, line the walls with shelves full of books and lectures and display all my artifacts. Of course I'll have to paint the walls and ceiling black and hang spiderwebs all over and play some drippy scarey music. I think I have Manheim Steamroller's Halloween CD here somewhere.......Nope, you're right I should just sell them.

Sell them now on ebay or elsewere, before the Super Mark 8 Ultra hits the market! :D

Terril park

Sponsor

The FZ is probably the best market when your ready.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I've got 3 Quantums, a Mark 6, and a couple of 5s. Make me an offer.

I agree. Put them on eBay before 1) DM releases the Phuctum meter and the market gets swamped, and 2) eBay changes their mind and stops meter sales again.

You can always get a post on the FZ groups when you have the auctions ongoing. Sell each separately, not as a job lot.

Paul

Terril park

Sponsor
I've got 3 Quantums, a Mark 6, and a couple of 5s. Make me an offer.

I think Paul gave good advice. Probably e-bay would get good price as scilons don't know they can get new and better meters
for $1100 approx from the FZ. But COS tends to stop sales.

I've never followed prices as I have a mark V, a mark V with
new electronics and a odd one, my favorite, an FZ meter where the TA is measured on a very large meter exactly the same as the meter itself.

E-bay will hopefully give guide prices.

Feral

Rogue male
Sorry, that was not technically correct -- Good Twin explained it correctly. It was "the same size reads regardless of TA position." As you can tell, IANAA (I am not an auditor), so didn't pay that close attention to exactly what the big difference supposedly was.

So, yes, that would mean that the sensitivity setting could still be adjusted.

The reads were the same size as the TA went up and down, BARRING the introduction of false TA. Flag pcs are seen at the HGCs constantly powdering their hands in the bathroom and all the other remedies mentioned in my previous post.

I know I am harping on about this, but I am trying to show that the variable sensitivity was a disaster when it came to false TA. When a pcs hands would sweat the TA would falsely come down, sometimes more than a division, this would cause the meter to erroneously lower its variable sensitivity and a dial wide FN would be one inch (due to the falsely low TA pos.). Thus O/Ring the session. This is exactly the problem the invention of the quantum was supposed to fix, but in reverse. IMO you see more low false TA due to hand sweat, especially in steamy Florida, than you see actual HI TA cases. So the problem that the variable sensitivity handled was smaller than the problem it created.

Good twin

Floater
The reads were the same size as the TA went up and down, BARRING the introduction of false TA. Flag pcs are seen at the HGCs constantly powdering their hands in the bathroom and all the other remedies mentioned in my previous post.

I know I am harping on about this, but I am trying to show that the variable sensitivity was a disaster when it came to false TA. When a pcs hands would sweat the TA would falsely come down, sometimes more than a division, this would cause the meter to erroneously lower its variable sensitivity and a dial wide FN would be one inch (due to the falsely low TA pos.). Thus O/Ring the session. This is exactly the problem the invention of the quantum was supposed to fix, but in reverse. IMO you see more low false TA due to hand sweat, especially in steamy Florida, than you see actual HI TA cases. So the problem that the variable sensitivity handled was smaller than the problem it created.

Point taken, Feral. I guess, well gee, I didn't experience this problem. Funny too because I audited in Florida. I guess handling false TA is just a separate subject for me. But you're most probably absolutely right that automatic sensitivity adjustment is bound to have downfalls. IMO the worse problem was redefining F/N. Damn, I been callin them mostly on indicators for years. Ya know? I just "feel" the f/n based on how the session is going. When we started getting busted for not counting three sweeps before we called them, we actually killed the f/ns waiting for them and fixating on the damn meter!

Feral

Rogue male
On th F/Ns; I know!! A lot of very proficient auditors had that problem, I know some that left the church over it, others that just quit auditing. Six mth checks at flag were a nightmare on that point too, almost every six mths the sups were handling it differently, people were in despair on it.

Good twin

Floater
On th F/Ns; I know!! A lot of very proficient auditors had that problem, I know some that left the church over it, others that just quit auditing. Six mth checks at flag were a nightmare on that point too, almost every six mths the sups were handling it differently, people were in despair on it.

Seriously. I mean talk about micro management! How can you be in comm with a PC if you're counting needle sweeps?
:omg:

missN

one Mark Ultra VIII ( Mark VIII Ultra ) unit available

I am in possession of one unit of the unreleased Mark Ultra VIII (I usually see this referred to as Mark VIII Ultra however the name on the box, meter and case actually reads Mark Ultra VIII).

This is a Hubbard Professional Mark Ultra VIII, manufactured by Bridge Publications. It has it's original box, combo-lock carrying case, e-meter and all accessories. It functions, holds a charge, etc. It has not been touched except to confirm it holds a charge and that the controls function.

If anyone is interested in obtaining this unit please contact me.

missN

I am in possession of one unit of the unreleased Mark Ultra VIII (I usually see this referred to as Mark VIII Ultra however the name on the box, meter and case actually reads Mark Ultra VIII).

This is a Hubbard Professional Mark Ultra VIII, manufactured by Bridge Publications. It has it's original box, combo-lock carrying case, e-meter and all accessories. It functions, holds a charge, etc. It has not been touched except to confirm it holds a charge and that the controls function.

I have learned new information regarding the significance and rarity of this particular e-meter. Due to the rarity of this item and the unique nature of this situation, I will not be parting ways with it, nor may I publicly post photos. I appreciate the helpful comments and general interest that has been shown within this community.

As much as I would love to share this incredibly unique item with you all, please understand the delicate nature of this situation and my need to protect my personal interests.

Thanks again.

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron

Pix?

Ax

Byte Boo-Boo

Hello Bite-ee, I'm stalking you! (Inside joke!) A purr to the kitties!

ARC, Sweet :byefly:

For everyone else on this thread, including anons wanting meters: lots of old Sci stuff for sale on ebay!

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
FOR CHRISTSAKE AUDIT THE F'ING PRECLEAR IN FRONT OF YOU AND NOT THE GOD-DAMNED FRIGGING BLOODY E-METER!!!

If an auditor can't audit without a meter then HE CAN'T FUCKINGWELL AUDIT - PERIOD.

Pitbull

Patron with Honors
In fact, you not only cannot audit without a meter, you cannot
audit without TWO meters. You cannot audit unless the PC is in good
standing and paid in full. You cannot audit unless the PC has been cleared by Ethics and given the green light by the Scientology Organization as acceptable for the action being given.

Leon Darling, you're so right, and Pitbull, so are you! :roflmao: Power to the independents!

Very hard to help people with so many constraints put on one.