What's new

Dave's Missing 40 Million Dollars!

haiqu

Patron Meritorious
Mk Ultra VIII e-meter? Just say FOAD!

According to OEC Vol II (1991) p 381: HCOPL 28 Dec 1965RA (Revised 4 Feb 1991)

E-METERS ALLOWED

The Hubbard Mark V, the Hubbard Professional Mark VI and the Hubbard Professional Mark Super VII are the only meters authorized for use in Dianetics and Scientology.

Further, students in training must have their own E-Meter. This policy must be enforced if you expect to turn out auditors who can audit.

L. RON HUBBARD
Founder

Revision assisted by LRH Technical Research and Compilations

-------------------

I don't see any mention there of a Mk Ultra VIII, nor do I see any mention of the faulty, squirrel Mk VII Quantum meter released in 1996.

Does anyone know of policy covering the design and release of later technology than the above? I sure don't.

There may exist LRH advices on features he would have liked to see in an E-Meter but they don't trump actual published policy, nor do they remove the requirement of HCOPL 23 Oct 1961 that he personally test any new type of meter before release.

Last edited:

Mest Lover

Not Sea Org Qualified
There may exist LRH advices on features he would have liked to see in an E-Meter but they don't trump actual published policy, nor do they remove the requirement of HCOPL 23 Oct 1961 that he personally test any new type of meter before release.

I bet he would have loved a card swiper attached.

I could have done that, I programmed a computer to read credit cards based on swipe data for a debit card company.

crm1978

Patron with Honors
What a scam making small "improvements" to the meter so you can sell all auditors new meters time after time.I would like to see an electronics expert explain the e meter for us non tech types .I saw a video of the mark 5 being taken apart but don't know if the new models are different I would think that the basic function is the same.The pattern of Co$ scam is the same use cheap production and sell for thousands $. Hubbard must have thought that an electronic gadget would make his "science of the mind" seem more like real science.

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
Okay, here goes. I did ProMetering with a Quantum. Here's the way the Quantum was marketed.

With previous meters there was a phenomenon where when the TA goes up the needle gets tighter. Auditors used to adjust the sensitivity to compensate for this until the TA came down and then adjust the sensitivity back as needed. The problem was....it wasn't precise. You wouldn't interrupt your session to get a new can squeeze. That would be a gross additive. But guessing just isn't really standard or can't be standardized. Also sometimes when the TA came down the auditor might "forget" to readjust the sensitivity and miss meter phenomena. Blah blah blah. So............with the Quantum you set the sensitivity at start of session and if the TA goes up the sensitivity automatically adjusts to keep the needle loose enough to get reads. BTW I have a couple of Quantums I don't really need if you guys want one.
GT

You mean to tell me the great scientific mind that was Hubbard couldn't figure out that one could have done a finite number of experiments to determine the proportionality constant?

madohgni!!!

Rd00