What's new

David Cross, ex - SO passed away Sunday March 3rd, 2013 at home

Stephanie

Patron with Honors
I recently received this information, and have decided to pass it along to any of you who may have worked with David Cross, or had the pleasure to know him. He was an English born gentleman, whose quick smile, sharp wit, a TRUE friend and overall charm will be greatly missed.

He coded the 'InComm' program for the Church, and after that he said they didn't really have any work for him, so he left the SO to get a job where he was needed. His wife was SO as well, they met and married within 2 weeks, had 10 fantastic years together. Suddenly one December she fell ill with the flu or so they thought. As it turned out, she had breast cancer and passed away within a few short weeks.

As they had lived in London, he decided to leave and come to the USA where in the 90s there were lots of IT jobs. He did well until his job was outsourced to INDIA. At which point he lost his high income position, his house, his car, etc...

He had donated over 250,000$ (including auditing probably closer to 300k, with free SO work closer to 500k+) to the IAS (NOI are you listening!), and was declared unofficially an 'Illegal PC'. He would pay for more packages of auditing, and the auditor was instructed to say the same exact commands. His PC folder would go from ASHO to RTC for C/Sing, where some SP*** wonder who!?! would C/S his folder for the same bs.

He was not only heart broken that the love of his life passed away, but also that while vulnerable and looking for help * as so many people do when they find Scientology (NOI are you listening) *, he wasn't HELPABLE (because he wouldn't admit that HE was responsible for his wife's CANCER. Cancer according to LRH is from out 2D, and your spouse or signif other is responsible! Science - who needs evidence when they have bs to go by)

When he lost his job to INDIA, he had a visit at his home by the IAS, this was well after he donated 250k, looking for more cash. They played some non-sense, such as *his ethics aren't going in* - as I recall him telling the story.

That was about the end of David's involvement with the COS. That was a big blow, imagine he gave all of that money, most of it on credit cards (Citibank), had no idea what the future would bring (job outsourcing to INDIA), wanted to be seen as a *nice guy, so he gave all that money that he didn't have away- to the IAS.

He then moved to Boise, Idaho, where he got a job working a forklift for $11 dollars an hour, that was the graveyard shift, one dollar more an hour than the day shift. He was previously earning in excess of 125k a year, as an IT programmer.

David had an incredibly brilliant mind, one of the smartest people you'd ever meet. I'm stressing this point because, they can get to you, even if you are one of the smartest people.

I imagine myself telling him this story over lunch, and him laughing his head off about this post - as a jab to the COS.

Last edited:

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
So sorry to her this. My condolences to his friends and loved ones.

David I. Cross
Obituary

Cross, David I. 57 of Boise, died Sunday at home. Services by Bowman Funeral Parlor of Garden City
Published in Idaho Statesman on March 5, 2013

Read more here: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/id...i-cross&pid=163463621&fhid=6418#storylink=cpy
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/id...d-i-cross&pid=163463621&fhid=6418#fbLoggedOut

The obituary is not listed here but this is where the services are or were held.
http://www.bowmanfuneral.com/obituaries.aspx

Arthur Dent

Silver Meritorious Patron
So sorry to her this. My condolences to his friends and loved ones.

David I. Cross
Obituary

Cross, David I. 57 of Boise, died Sunday at home. Services by Bowman Funeral Parlor of Garden City
Published in Idaho Statesman on March 5, 2013

Read more here: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/id...i-cross&pid=163463621&fhid=6418#storylink=cpy
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/id...d-i-cross&pid=163463621&fhid=6418#fbLoggedOut

The obituary is not listed here but this is where the services are or were held.
http://www.bowmanfuneral.com/obituaries.aspx

Only 57? That is sooo young. I'm sorry to hear this news. It is very sad. Making him responsible for his wife's breast cancer AND cleaning out his pockets is so typical of the intelligence of the cult. Yep, you can always count on help from your church. They are highly trained beings with extreme competence in the fields of humanity, kindness and fairness. And finances, too.

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thank you for the informative post. So very sad. More ruined lives, thanks to this !@#$$% church!

But.... is there a reference on "cancer is caused by out-2D"? I recall hearing there was supposedly a link between cancer and "the 2D" but had never heard this specific reference. Anyone know of it?

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
Do you know what the cause of death was? All the struggle and disappointment can take a real physical toll on the body, so I wondered what caused his death at 57. I'm at leat glad he was able to get away from the cult, even if they had bled him dry before he got away.

OhMG

Patron Meritorious
Thank you for the informative post. So very sad. More ruined lives, thanks to this !@#$$% church!

But.... is there a reference on "cancer is caused by out-2D"? I recall hearing there was supposedly a link between cancer and "the 2D" but had never heard this specific reference. Anyone know of it?

There is no such reference regarding cancer being caused by "out-2D". The only reference is about a link between them. Like you mentioned.

Stephanie

Patron with Honors
Do you know what the cause of death was? All the struggle and disappointment can take a real physical toll on the body, so I wondered what caused his death at 57. I'm at leat glad he was able to get away from the cult, even if they had bled him dry before he got away.

BunnySkull,

I haven't heard back yet from the family, perhaps in some time they'll get back to me. David was a heavy smoker, and although I don't know for sure, I imagine it was smoking related.

~ girl

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
There is no such reference regarding cancer being caused by "out-2D". The only reference is about a link between them. Like you mentioned.

That's what I thought. I think the whole subject of cancer was discussed in length on other threads. If anyone's interested, there's a lot of material that's already been covered, use the search feature. But for me, it's a beautiful day today (after being yucky on Saturday) so I'm gonna get out and enjoy!!