What's new

David Gaiman has died

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
There is a photo of David Gaiman in the latest Advance mag ... he is holding a 'Captains Commend' (apparently for services rendered to the National OT committee) ... he looks (to me) somewhat bemused.

In the same mag I notice that Sheila (Gaiman) has just completed the PDC lectures.

Kevin (Kember) completed the Self Analysis and Science of Survival courses and David Gaiman the Scientology 8-80 book and lectures course.

Past execs that literally ran the World wide ops studying the 'new' basics ... and (apparently) taking it all seriously ... :confused2:

I very much doubt he would have given you the time of day (sadly) ... as an ex you would not have even registered on his radar IMHO.

I don't believe he was evil or heartless ... just a 'good Scio' to the end.

Now that is a curious - your last two paragraphs.

Not believing he was evil or heartless - hmm. He tried to destroy people, he tried to destroy their reputations and their livelihood in all the name of supporting Hubbards insanity.

How is this NOT evil AND heartless?

This sounds like the "I was just a bureaucrat following really nasty and awful orders " defense used by Eichmann among others.

I am intrigued - perhaps Gaiman's BEST PR "Op" was convincing a lot of people that he was not an asshole.

Seriously - he did nasty and brutish things to deliberately hurt people. He was obviously OK with having done it because he remained a committed scientologist until the very end.

Why do you give him a "pass" on his behavior?

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Now that is a curious - your last two paragraphs.

Not believing he was evil or heartless - hmm. He tried to destroy people, he tried to destroy their reputations and their livelihood in all the name of supporting Hubbards insanity.

How is this NOT evil AND heartless?

This sounds like the "I was just a bureaucrat following really nasty and awful orders " defense used by Eichmann among others.

I am intrigued - perhaps Gaiman's BEST PR "Op" was convincing a lot of people that he was not an asshole.

Seriously - he did nasty and brutish things to deliberately hurt people. He was obviously OK with having done it because he remained a committed scientologist until the very end.

Why do you give him a "pass" on his behavior?

Because I felt like it.

Wisened One

Crusader
'Display books with symbols around them in view of the reporters. Symbols have command value'

:hysterical:

Ooooo, I'm soooo scared of the eight-pointed cross and the big, bad S in double triangles! :nervous: :hide: :nervous::runaway: :p :laugh:

michaelangelo

Gold Meritorious Patron
'Display books with symbols around them in view of the reporters. Symbols have command value'

:hysterical:

Ooooo, I'm soooo scared of the eight-pointed cross and the big, bad S in double triangles! :nervous: :hide: :nervous::runaway: :p :laugh:

To me all the sybolism is bullshit but I'm sure some of the symbolism is a form of brainwashing, but I think it it is mostly aimed at souls that have been programmed. Before they are "born again".

anonymous1312

Patron with Honors
David Gaiman did indeed have a good nature and showed this side to many but he was also a ruthless business man and well adapted to abusing others within the cult; he made a fair bit of money from cult members. He also actively engaged in and even orchestrated activities aimed at removing opposition to the cult.

David Gaimen wasn't deluded like so many others, sure he believed scientology worked for him but it really did, it provided him with the framework in which he thrived as an ruthless and unethical business man to his own gain. He was out of favour for a while but managed to get back in again because that was where he felt most comfortable.

As to his more personable attributes, well even Hitler was liked by family members and had many friends, far more than David Miscavige, so it doesn't surprise me there are those who have fond memories of him. The sum of his actions though was brought way down by his business and scientology practices though.

NonScio

Patron Meritorious
I noticed from the bio at the site linked in the first post on this
thread that the family chose to give this man "A Jewish funeral
service in Brighton". So much for scientology's "religious tones";
it doesent say much about the family's view of the "church",
in the end, they turned back to an actual religion for the
last rites.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
David Gaiman did indeed have a good nature and showed this side to many but he was also a ruthless business man and well adapted to abusing others within the cult; he made a fair bit of money from cult members. He also actively engaged in and even orchestrated activities aimed at removing opposition to the cult.

David Gaimen wasn't deluded like so many others, sure he believed scientology worked for him but it really did, it provided him with the framework in which he thrived as an ruthless and unethical business man to his own gain. He was out of favour for a while but managed to get back in again because that was where he felt most comfortable.

As to his more personable attributes, well even Hitler was liked by family members and had many friends, far more than David Miscavige, so it doesn't surprise me there are those who have fond memories of him. The sum of his actions though was brought way down by his business and scientology practices though.

Very good points ... it's hard to disagree.

Originally posted by NonScio I noticed from the bio at the site linked in the first post on this
last rites.

That is amazing ... I doubt many knew about that ... I certainly didn't.

anonymous1312

Patron with Honors
Sorry to hear this. He would of been one of the people I'd of wanted to get out. Shame we'll never see the real David now.

Course, hopefully he's left BrumAnon a nice present, namely fucking up the cults chance to buy Pitmaston and surrounding plots.

Erm, the whole Pitmaston deal was signed and sealed before members were reg'd to collect the money to "purchase" it. Two scilon front companies registered in the Isle of Man currently own the building and a plot of land.

David Gaiman's involvement was as director of the primary purchasing company along with his daughter. His company purchased the whole plot of land, sub-divided it and sold it ALL off on the same day for just over 0.7 million pounds profit; David Gaiman and his wife later got the ball rolling on fund raising for the building by contributing 1/4 million pounds.

For those interested in the whole story of these shady shenanigans see here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr4qL9QD2ns

This kind of thing David Gaiman got up to in the organisation calling itself The Church of Scientology. It was only thanks to some Anonymous investigation that this (his last major deal) was revealed.

Lord Xenu

Patron Meritorious
Sorry to respond so late to an old thread, but although David may have appeared very personable to a lot of people in reality he was a sly,malicious,evil bastard.

I found him gracious. By coincidence this time of my leaving my ARCX auditor was his, or one of his daughters. Claire? She was so sweet and spent time answering questions very honestly out of session.

Like I and many of us he was looking for spiritual enhancement. Like
most of us I expect he did some wrong actions. I know little about them in fact.

Regardless he has my forgiveness.[/QUOTE]

Lord Xenu

Patron Meritorious
I noticed from the bio at the site linked in the first post on this
last rites.

It was a 'reform' funeral, not an orthodox one and he was cremated,which is against orthodox Jewish teachings. This was a PR move by the family as are most of the visible things that they do. There was a service held at Saint Hill a week or so later where all the brainwashed minions paid their respects.