What's new

David Mayo, 1940-2017: Scientology’s top technical wizard and target of ‘Fair Game’

guanoloco

As-Wased
The appalling atrocities committed on Mayo, Cooper, et al. is an excellant exercise in the adage "actions speak louder than words". Scientology brays and boasts about helping, aiding, assisting when what it really does is treat people like Karen is demonstrating through Mayo's testimony.

It is sooo disturbingly evil that people don't believe it can occur...like Nazi death camps.

It is beyond the scope of human comprehension.

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
Don't you mean "somebody pretending to be David Mayo" ?

The real Dave Mayo was bound by his 1983/1984 settlement to never again speak in public about Scientology or to deliver any Scientology services, IIRC.

Tony Ortega's article points out that David "Darth Midget" Miscavige was still able to get him jailed in 1993 (in the Dominican Republic) for violating that settlement. Whomever it was who made those fake posts put him and his family at risk of serious real world harm.

I usually expect the folks here to be a lot less credulous than this - critical thinking being a big issue here.

Michael A. Hobson
Independent Scientologist
email: [email protected]
facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mhobson2011
Tory Christman addresses this on Tony Ortega's blog. She verified it was him on ESMB.

<snip>”David Mayo” arrives on the exscn chat board. Many of us are asking each other: “Is that REALLY David Mayo, or someone using his name? I decided to ask via Private message. I reminded him of my situation, thanked him for helping me, if this is the real David Mayo, could he please call me?” The next day the phone rang. I picked it up saying, “Hello?” I heard: “Hello Tory….this is David Mayo” in his classic accent.” It was so great to hear from him and chat.<snip>

https://tonyortega.org/2018/02/02/d...al-wizard-and-target-of-fair-game/#more-45593

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
And like he spent 5 seconds of his life counseling marriages. He would pull those "case histories" out of his arse. Seemed to me he was vigorously opposed to any and all loyalties that didn't have him ranked numero uno.

exactly...

he pulled that "book" together as a PROP for the interview.

If I recall correctly it was a loosely knit bunch of anecdotes in success story format. I don't think I ever did more than once glance inside the book a few moments before thinking: "Uggghhh, looks hideously boring!"

Hubbard famously did "PR CAPERS" when he was trapped by his own lies/crimes. Like when the top 10 scientologists in the world were indicted and sent to prison. That's when he wrote a "MORAL CODE" (TWTH). Just another prop. Hubbard, being a ruthless & remorseless predator, did not live by any moral code. He just raped and pillaged anything/anyone that he thought he could get away with, and not end up in jail.

Back to "HOW TO SAVE YOUR MARRIAGE". It is beyond ludicrous that a degenerate thrice-divorced lunatic (who sent his wife to federal prison so he could stay at home) would boast that they had solved the problems of marriage. If his actions are any clue, it appears that the way to solve marital conflict is to frame your spouse and have them carted off to jail--so they'll finally leave you alone.

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron
Helluvahoax wrote:
I know you are stalled on your Bridge and can't figure out what to do.

Hoaxie, don´t worry about Sneakster Hobson - he is doing fine. He has one self-perception "win" after the other - see for yourself:

Sneakster-Hobson-Spammer.jpg

Last edited:

TheSneakster

More Skeptical Than You
Last edited:

Terril park

Sponsor
Tory, is one of the very few anti-Scientologist critics whom I trust to never knowingly lie. I'm sure she thought whomever she spoke with sounded just like him. However, her opinion is not verification.

Michael A. Hobson
I had a private exchange with David and he gave info
about a mutual friend which it is unlikely CO$ knew. I believe it really was David.

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
. . .
Mike Rinder posted on Ortega yesterday:

Excerpt
"I had many interactions with him over the years, including being the person from scientology that hammered out the final settlement with him and Julie, and he reached out to me after I had left."
link

Joe Howard (Dan Koon) posted on Ortega yesterday:

Excerpt
This was a sad read for me, though not unexpected. Somehow, someway after I blew, David and I got in contact again, after more than 20 years. We had about five hours of phone conversations over the course of several calls before David even uttered the word Scientology. Not that we had not discussed our time together at Int but he told me numerous times that the agreement he had no choice but to agree to led me to believe that he was not even able to utter the word Scientology, much less tell his long and interesting story about his time in Scientology. I tried unsuccessfully to convince him to write his side of the story, the full story, though I know that some of this has been written up and exists on the Internet.
David had a deep interest in astrophysics and I connected him with Geir Isene in Norway who is tech savvy and could have arranged a way for David to be able to share his story. But this was not to be. David told me several times that he did not dare share his story while he was alive because of the repercussions of his agreement. I only hope that he did manage to write down his story and now that he has passed on that it will surface.
In April 1982, only months before LRH removed Mayo, he sent him several long (more than 20 pages) about how the reorganization of the church and how David's unit would fit in. LRH left it up to David as to how he wanted it to be structured but he thought that possibly that David should head up a part of Scientology that was entirely separate from the church itself, which was usually embroiled in the day to day insanity of getting the stats up. That sounded pretty good to David who never really got along all that well with management or even the CMO for that matter. He told me at one point that he had selected me to become part of this unit.
One of these memos was the somewhat well-known one where LRH said that in a few years he would be off the lines for 15 or 20 years but not to worry because the tech was all but wrapped up and certainly in good enough shape for David to take over and direct until LRH's return. Hah! What a joker that LRH turned out to be!
link

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Tory, is one of the very few anti-Scientologist critics whom I trust to never knowingly lie. I'm sure she thought whomever she spoke with sounded just like him. However, her opinion is not verification.

Michael A. Hobson
No, it isn't verification ... but there is an awfully good chance that as they chatted and discussed things that there were things that "only they would know" and I expect Tory would have noticed if things didn't feel right ... and though an accent can change (as people age it's rare though unless they make a deliberate effort) they do tend to retain the way they speak (idiolect) and she would have noticed if that was vastly different.

Also, if two people actually bothered to join ESMB specifically to impersonate David and Julie Mayo wouldn't there have been a reason for doing it (apart from just to be annoying and troll)? Would they not have either tried to damage the cofs with horrendous stories about what happened to them in the cult (and after they left) or done the exact opposite and denied that those things occured and were complete lies to try and protect the cult?

David and Julie joined, chatted for a while ... came across as so many of us did when we first joined (a bit shy at first but excited and delighted to be out and speaking with others who knew how that felt) and then gradually seemed uncomfortable, possible due to the questioning that they could not answer truthfully unless they wanted the cofs back stalking and harassing them ... due to the gag ... and quietly left.

As Anonomog mentions above, they (especially David) "liked and thanked" quite a lot of very pertinent posts that made it pretty clear where he was coming from ... and he was OVER scientology in a very big way and regretted ever being involved as far as I could see.

:)

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Originally Posted by TheSneakster
Tory, is one of the very few anti-Scientologist critics whom I trust to never knowingly lie. I'm sure she thought whomever she spoke with sounded just like him.
However, her opinion is not verification.

Michael A. Hobson

dude. . .

Dude.

DUUUUDE!

(disconsolately shaking head "nofuckingwayyyyy" to self---while dialing flag to see if i still have enough on account to pay for an emergency Review)

HELPFUL TIP: Clear the word paradox. Then do a clay demo of why a person would challenge everyone in the world on every single detail of anything that could ever possibly shine a negative light on Scientology. But that same person doesn't ever once think to challenge any of the massively criminal & cruel fraud of Hubbard/Scientology when it blithely raped billions of dollars from marks whom he guaranteed would attain the supernatural state of Clear and miraculous state of OT.

If a nuclear war broke out, I have this sneaky feeling that sneakster would be very busy correcting people about which cities were hit in what sequence---rather than simply telling them where there might be some bomb shelters they can get to.

This stuff is wayyyyy too stupid. Sneakster is a perfectionist on correcting everyone in the world about Scientology except the lying, defrauding Scientologists.

Last edited:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Michael A. Hobson

dude. . .

Dude.

DUUUUDE!

(disconsolately shaking head "nofuckingwayyyyy" to self---while dialing flag to see if i still have enough on account to pay for an emergency Review)

HELPFUL TIP: Clear the word paradox. Then do a clay demo of why a person would challenge everyone in the world on every single detail of anything that could ever possibly shine a negative light on Scientology. But that same person doesn't ever once think to challenge any of the massively criminal & cruel fraud of Hubbard/Scientology when it blithely raped billions of dollars from marks whom he guaranteed would attain the supernatural state of Clear and miraculous state of OT.

If a nuclear war broke out, I have this sneaky feeling that sneakster would be very busy correcting people about which cities were hit in what sequence---rather than simply telling them where there might be some bomb shelters they can get to.

This stuff is wayyyyy too stupid. Sneakster is a perfectionist on correcting everyone in the world about Scientology except the lying, defrauding Scientologists.

LOL! I tried so hard not to mention that er ... little issue.

HH is spot on though, there's definitely a time and a place for perfectionism but often it's just pointless and annoying, can you see that Sneaks?

Thought not.

Ah well, I still love ya.

;)

phenomanon

Canyon

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
I just found and read this interview of David Mayo (1986) you guys would may be like to read .
Very enlightening, especially about LRH, the real character.

It corroborates 100% what Afaceinthecrowd wrote in his writing ''shooting the stars''

1986 -David Mayo interview

I wish I had read this in 1986...it would have saved me unecessary sufferings,
but fortunately, when Internet became available, He and Gerry Armstrong had probably saved many lives (body, mind, $$$) ..In spite they had many reasons to believe they would be in danger for speaking out and could be $$$ ruined.

:hattip:
:flowers2:

Last edited:

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Early Friday morning—during my first cup of coffee—I checked in on ESMB to catch up on the current buzz of the last few weeks. I immediately read of David Mayo’s Passing, read Tony’s article and logged out. After going through the 5 Stages of Grief since then, a few hours or so ago I logged back in, read the comments in this Thread and decided to make this Post regarding David, and another one to follow sometime later regarding some of the poignant, helpful and thoughtful Posts on this thread, as well as a few others.

There are not words to convey the stun, the sting, the sorrow that washed over me on reading that David had Passed On. A large measure of my heavy heart was not solely my sadness yhat David had passed away…It was for Julie and trying to fathom her profound loss and doubtless broken Heart. IMHO, David and Julie well deserved all the happiness life has to offer and truly were “made for each other”.

As I have written about in various Posts and anecdotes on ESMB over the years, I knew and personally interacted with David and Julie from the early ‘70s to the early ‘80’s. My interactions with David were as a Senior Flag Exec/Senior C/S, and CS/PC; my interactions with Julie were as Aide Staff/Aide Staff, fellow Missionaires and PC/Auditor.

David Mayo’s the most decent, honorable, caring, cerebral, humble, gracious and competent person I ever personally knew in Scn and the SO; Julie Mayo was one of a handful of Folks I personally knew “Back in the Days” that were seemingly “cut from the same cloth” as David…When you were around either of them you felt better, you did better, you were better. David and Julie personified what most of Us imagined what a Scn, Auditor and C/S could be, would be, should be.

The only person I ever fully trusted with “the Tech” was David Mayo—and I personally knew and interacted with El Ron Hisself. As I have written before on ESMB, when David was “taken out” it was one of the final few "straws" to my walking away.

David—a man of Peace—fought “Goliath” Mano y Mano and delivered an incipient, festering wound….A wound which continues kept open, rendered deeper by others in increasing numbers, accuracy and ferocity. All of Us—whether we realize it or not—follow for a time David’s footsteps on the Pathway out of the Labyrinth. There are also other seminal guiding footsteps along that Pathway from Gerry Armstrong and a handful of courageous others however, for me personally, the footsteps David left when he walked the Pathway with Julie at his side were the ones that got me heading in the right direction, with confidence.

IMHO, David Mayo is one of the finest Human Beings to have ever drawn breath.

Julie…I am so sorry for your loss.

David…May the Grace and All Blessings of Life, Creation and the Universe Be With You Always In All Ways.

With Abiding Affection and Gratitude,

Face:)

Last edited:

Hatshepsut

Crusader
I talked to David a couple of times via phone in the Spring of 2011. During one email conversation I got invited to drive up and meet he and Julie halfway along on their trip to Michigan. I would've been disappointed if it wasn't them when I got up there, but I didn't end up going. :cool: One time David was using a Magic Jack plugged in somewhere when we talked. I told him I had been given one, but was sure it wouldn't work. He laughed and said he was giving me 'proof' that it did. LOL

David was a very caring person. He was my C/S out at the Advanced Ability Center. I arrived out there after bouncing around from Org to Org getting reviews. I was going into heart failure due to tachycardia on the purif. I was also in bad shape after having been audited by someone I was PTS to. The 'soul cracking' that Nibs spoke of in the 1983 interview was happening to me. It's very introverting to be hit that hard for no apparent reason, with the clobbering 'hits' coming from some unknown dimension. I submerged in order to protect myself and became encapsulated in something that was running a can't have on me. I was receiving electric shocks to my body from within my body.

I'd had obtained the AAC's phone number when I fell ill with the flu at ASHO. I called and went up the coast by bus to see him, leaving my things still in my room at the Manor Hotel. I had a lot of hope after I was interviewed. I flew back to Florida to await my refund of my advanced payments and to earn more money. I had decided this was my last chance.

Ken Urquhart took me on as a PC when I returned there. The AAC was still set up inside Larry Little's house in Monticeto. I had had a bad time of it in auditing as I was getting electronic searing hot spots at certain points on my body. I felt I was becoming grouped tighter and tighter instead of feeling more expansive as a result of auditing. I was fighting for my sanity and not being cooperative in session any more and refused to run any track. I didn't think anyone would know what was wrong with me. But David did. How he knew, I don't know. He wrote a special program for me. He had me given my right items. How did he know what I'd not been allowed to have...? That was his genius. I was so scared we would 'wake up' the who/what that was stuck to me. I'd not known such a condition could happen, and I stated I wanted the repair so I could leave Scientology and become my old self.

During the first weeks there I wasn't sleeping very well, having insomnia. I was there about 3 months in all. One afternoon, out of total exhaustion I was searching for a place to pass out . Larry's house was full of people using the bedrooms as auditing rooms. I discovered a tiny cubicle off the garage where the lawn furniture and a couple bikes were stored. It was dark in there. I went in and passed out on the stacked chairs. I did not wake up for quite a while. David was frantic that I was suicidal, or that something bad happened in the session or that I took off. I was not in a psychotic break, but had been near one. David had anyone available looking for me and I think someone even tried to call my home to see if anyone had heard. Maude Castillo was furious about the hubbub I'd caused when I re-emerged from the little room. I was touched that anybody had even bothered. It was David who ASKED them to bother. No one else knew of my mental frailty at the time.

I was there on the cuff. I think Julie and David ok'd it so that I could pay when I got my refunds. They were making no money from auditing me there and my refund was tediously slow in coming. I was taking up valuable auditor time and they were in need of cash from incoming PCs lining up particularly on weekends. David made sure I kept my place on the HGC roster and that I wouldn't leave worse off, and hopefully would be a lot better off. His generosity probably saved my life so I could continue with it. He was interested in me and cared when I understood nothing of the 'why' for my condition. I'd just previously been exterior to ALL minds as it seemed to me..... in a Zen sense.

Julie Mayo who took me on as her PC before I left. We did INT buttons I think, and David often had a question or two for her to ask me at start of session. Out of session, when he would speak to me, I was embarrassed that he had actually READ the worksheets. MY GOD, what C/S has time to read the recorded jabber jabber of PCs. ... shockingly he did. I still can't believe he did that.

When I got back home to Florida, Julie Mayo, my auditor corresponded with me at length for over a year, keeping up with my progress. David often asked about me she said, and she would read him parts of my letters and he would sometimes comment. This was a BUSY man. But I hope this shows David's character and his overwhelming capacity to CARE, his willingness to take responsibility for another person, and to fix mistakes that might have happened at another Org. He didn't have PC folders to go by, he had to investigate each PC and assess what they needed by instinct and observation. He was willing to take the time to do the interviews himself when he could've easily assigned another.

I like to think of David Mayo as a Renaissance man. An alchemist at heart. He had an astute sense of what caused things to be formed into what they were, and conversely, what might dissolve those structures. I place him in league with the philosophers under the Medici when they first found the Corpus Hermeticum. Looking back thru history, I see how similar some earlier similars ARE. So many times since the Gnostics tried to exteriorize, to the Neoplatonists of the Renaissance, has an organized religion sought to torture it's most capable and inspired. They're all heretics, evil doers leading others astray from the ONLY valid path. The 'automatic' control script seems imprinted in the Cosmic psyche and plays out whenever the needle is brought down to touch the groove. If we are in a matrix, the Archons must be a serious lot indeed toward those looking to play in a different sandbox.

IMO, the alchemy happening in auditing was the 'great work' of changing mass back into spirit. At least, that was the dream, anyway. It seems the 'mass conversion specialists' fled the church much like the physicists fled the Nazis.

Screenshot 2018-02-04 at 10.42.14 AM.png

Last edited:

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
For F's Effen Sakes, Sneaks...WTF?

I suppose that if I told you that during the time David and Julie were with Us here on ESMB it is my personal knowledge, via direct first person to first persons "Back Channel" communication that it was, in fact, the real David & Julie Mayo? That probably wouldn't be good enough for you.

Well, Sneaks...That's a fact, Jack.

Of course, as your innuendos have patently expressed before, I'm not credible.

And, of course, I could be delusional, hallucinatory or a liar. :confused:

I know you're not embarrassed for inappropriately and rudely crapping in this Thread and, you don't need to be...I'm embarrassed for you!

Face:redface:

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

For F's Effen Sakes, Sneaks...WTF?

I suppose that if I told you that during the time David and Julie were with Us here on ESMB it is my personal knowledge, via direct first person to first persons "Back Channel" communication that it was, in fact, the real David & Julie Mayo? That probably wouldn't be good enough for you.

Well, Sneaks...That's a fact, Jack.

Of course, as your innuendos have patently expressed before, I'm not credible.

And, of course, I could be delusional, hallucinatory or a liar. :confused:

I know you're not embarrassed for inappropriately and rudely crapping in this Thread and, you don't need to be...I'm embarrassed for you!

Face:redface:

Thanks for that. But. . .

I have grave doubts that TheSneakster is the actual TheSneakster.

Just because he posted with that name, how do you know it was really him?

Add to that that Tory Magoo has not vouched for it being the real Sneakster. Even if she had, how would we know that it was the real Tory Magoo saying that?

In summary, how do we even know that FaceInTheCrowd posting on this thread is the real FaceInTheCrowd? All of these facts confirm another point which proves that ex-Scientololgists are clueless tech deniers---with no proof whatsoever that the parts of Scientology that DID NOT work were really authored by the real L. Ron Hubbard.

To wit, Face, you claim you had all that personal interface with LRH, but how would you actually know that it was the actual L. Ron Hubbard? You don't! LOL. The joke is on you, buddy. You are outed for your false reports!

You can't prove it was the real Ron. Admit it! DNAORSTFU!!!

ML,

HelluvaHoax!
(the real HelluvaHoax, obviously, since I am attesting that I am the real one, duhhhh!)