What's new

David Mayo/ Advanced Ability Centre

michaelangelo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Can anyone tell me where David Mayo is or what he does these days?. Does he still run the Advanced Ability Centre. Does the A A C still exist?. I havn't been able to find anything on the web.

Div6

Crusader
Can anyone tell me where David Mayo is or what he does these days?. Does he still run the Advanced Ability Centre. Does the A A C still exist?. I havn't been able to find anything on the web.

He's retired.

No, the AAC does not exist any more.

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Mayo doesn't talk about scientology anymore for the above reasons. He was influential in the creation of Metapsychology, which does continue to function. The AACs are defunct. Metapsychology has hundreds of practitioners around the world. It is NOT scientology, though scientologists will recognize much about it. Essentially, it's bullshit free, non-authoritarian, and non-religious.

michaelangelo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Metapsychology

Thanks for letting me know about Metapsychology Uniquemind. I'll look it up. Do you have a link?

Mayo doesn't talk about scientology anymore for the above reasons. He was influential in the creation of Metapsychology, which does continue to function. The AACs are defunct. Metapsychology has hundreds of practitioners around the world. It is NOT scientology, though scientologists will recognize much about it. Essentially, it's bullshit free, non-authoritarian, and non-religious.

I see it as as scientology withhout all the unnecessary focus on LRH or hubbardisms.

Mark A. Baker

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
It's got a lot of Scientology ideas, but there are also a few concepts from people like Carl Rogers woven into it as well. It's not quite the same as Scn.