What's new

David Mayo - Non-Metered Auditing

AnonKat

Crusader
@Veda. I asked if anyone ever apoligized to Mayo but none came of it.

I am going to shamefully plug one of my Heroes.

“Man must cease attributing his problems to his environment, and learn again to exercise his will—his personal responsibility.”- ALBERT SCHWEITZER

Albert Schweitzer

Philosopher, Physician & Humanitarian, 1875 - 1965
Albert Schweitzer was born on January 14, 1875 in Kaysersberg, a town near Strasbourg in Alsace, Germany (now part of France). Schweitzer has been called the greatest Christian of his time. He based his personal philosophy on a "reverence for life" and on a deep commitment to serve humanity through thought and action. For his many years of humanitarian efforts Schweitzer was awarded the 1952 Nobel Peace Prize.

By the time he was 21 Schweitzer had decided on the course for his life. For nine years he would dedicate himself to the study science, music, and theology. Then he would devote the rest of his life to serving humanity directly. Before he was 30 he was a respected writer on theology, an accomplished organist, and an authority on the life and work of Johann Sebastian Bach.

In 1904 Schweitzer was inspired to become a medical missionary after reading an evangelical paper regarding the needs of medical missions. He studied medicine from 1905 to 1913 at the University of Strassbourg. He also raised money to establish a hospital in French Equatorial Africa. He founded a hospital there in 1913. Over the years built a large hospital that served thousands of Africans. Schweitzer used his $33,000 Nobel Prize to expand the hospital and to build a leper colony. In 1955 Queen Elizabeth II awarded Schweitzer the “Order of Merit,” Britain's highest civilian honor.

http://www.lucidcafe.com/library/96jan/schweitzer.html

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Cliff Notes?

I just watched it. Here are my notes:

David Mayo seminar 1986-02-08
Non-Metered Auditing

Auditing is simple. All it is basically is one person talks to another about something that concerns them and charge comes off. That's all it is.

The most important aspect of it is to pay attention to what the person is saying.

The listener's attitude is important. Sympathy is an emotion, or can be an attitude. In itself it is not wrong, but to just sympathize, when you could have done something more, then you did them a disservice. Don't leave it at sympathy when you can do more than that. Don't put across the idea of no-sympathy, or uncaring.

Drill for the audience: Listen to someone, while being not unsympathetic! Don't worry about doing a proper ack. When you've heard them then say you've heard, and let it reflect your actual attitude, don't fake it.

The idea that you can harm someone by auditing them is incorrect. You can get someone upset maybe, but that is all. As part of the drill, tell your twin any reasons you have why auditing might be harmful.

(Audience twins up, takes turn to talk about the above for two minutes)

-----

Break out of the habit of formal stiff "Thank yous." Often a smile or nod is fine. One of my favourite acks is "I'm sorry to hear that, and I hope it gets better soon" or some variation of that.

Drill: Talk about auditing someone, dire consequences etc. Cover any reasons why one might not want to do it.

It's OK to give a natural response. Don't invalidate or evaluate, of course.

-----

Assists. Just listening to someone is often the best assist you can give! A caring attitude helps. Being cold or aloof is unhelpful.

-----

The biggest out-tech is not doing any tech at all! This comes from penalties being enforced on auditors for committing some error. The biggest in-tech is actually do something.

-----

A locational process is one where it puts the person's attention on the present environment.

[There is part of the lecture missing here as he doesn't finish what he was saying about the locational. I assume the audience drilled running some simple locational.]

There are two types of auditing. Negative gain where you are trying to get rid of some condition. And positive gain where you're trying to improve an ability the person has. There is always some degree of overlap. It also tends to work much better if you try and balance up the negative gain auditing and the positive gain auditing, and not just concentrate on the negative gain processes.

Examples of positive gain: Talk about times they were in good comm with people. Recall things, doesn't really matter what.

-----

When doing Book One type stuff, start with pleasure moments, get the person accustomed to the procedure.

An essential part of auditing is having another person there. So when you are auditing another, be there and listen in a friendly manner. It's the most important part of it.

Two very important rules:

1. Don't force the pc. Incorrect to try and run someone on something they are not interested in.

2. Don't ignore something the pc IS interested in. If the pc says he's very interested in ___, then audit him on it!

Almost any process run on something the person is interested in will produce a result.

Drill to find out what the person wants to handle: Ask what he would like to get audited on! It may take a brief discussion, but when they are satisfied with it, then you've got it.

If they want to get rid of something, run the process "Who had that?", and get the pc to spot times someone else had that thing. Do that to a realization or a win, not necessarily a big one. If there is something they would like to improve, ask "Tell me something you *could* do?" and run that over and over until a win of some kind.

-----

Next drill these commands, 1-5. [Note he only read out command #1. I would guess the other commands are simple Dianetic-type ones, like "When was it?" "Move to that incident" "Move through to the end of the incident" "Tell me what happened" "Move to the beginning of the incident" etc.]

1. Locate an incident (drill an imaginary or inconsequential one). Don't start off with some heavy incident!

Can do the drill "Recall some pleasure moments." It's one of the fastest ways of freeing up life-force or theta on a person.

-----

Don't try and covertly audit someone, get their agreement first. if all you are doing is listening, and they have started telling you anyway, no further agreement is necessary. But if you're going to run some process on them, get their agreement first.

-----

If the pc asks a question, answer it!

-----

One of the simple processes you can run on someone is "Tell me something that might have happened today", repeated to flat or a win. (Pc will say things like "I might have got run over by a truck" etc.)

------

[He gave some more processes for the audience to run, but not clearly enough on the tape].

Run the process either until the pc brightens up, or until you both agree to drop it (i.e., nothing's happening)

This isn't a substitute for professional training, but it gives you an idea of what you can do right now with friends and acquaintances.

---------------

Paul

FoTi

Crusader
I just watched it. Here are my notes:

David Mayo seminar 1986-02-08
Non-Metered Auditing

-----

Next drill these commands, 1-5. [Note he only read out command #1. I would guess the other commands are simple Dianetic-type ones, like "When was it?" "Move to that incident" "Move through to the end of the incident" "Tell me what happened" "Move to the beginning of the incident" etc.]

1. Locate an incident (drill an imaginary or inconsequential one). Don't start off with some heavy incident!

---------------

Paul

I thought at first that the 5 commands he was referring to were also the Dianetic commands, but then he kept talking about 5 different processes and mentioned the one about mock-ups and another one about - recall some space - too much - too little, and then I figured he must have 5 different processes on that paper he passed out, but wasn't saying on the video what the processes actually were. Did anyone else get that idea from what he said?

I would like to know what 5 processes he had written down on the papers he passed out.

Loved this video, by the way and thanks for putting it up here. Also loved viewing his other videos on here, as well. I wish he was still around or that he would come on this board to talk with people. I hope he surfaces sometime soon.....it would be great to see him on CNN. :eyeroll:

Ted

Gold Meritorious Patron
Good Notes

Thanks, Paul.

I agree with David on the points you noted.

AnonKat

Crusader
David Mayo - Sunday Talk on Disillusionment

David Mayo - Sunday Talk on Disillusionment

http://rutube.ru/tracks/3449444.html?v=9b5e87052294a9e8926e59fe04846731

Sorry for the Misfire But I am r-upping from another source because the David Mayo Videos went dead like those of Uwe
Stückenbrock

Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRkCemuQY8A

Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwyqRhP-Esc

Part 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mRGoW7K1Nk

Part 4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ_jkUEX5Ms

http://www.holysmoke.org/dm/dmayo002.htm

http://www.holysmoke.org/dm/dmayo005.htm

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Library/Shelf/miller/interviews/mayo.htm[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

AnonKat

Crusader
bumping for greatness

bump.jpg

G

Gottabrain

If Scientology would have resembled his mind-set there would be no reason to protest I think.

YES AnonKat - that is the point.

I remember Unmetered auditing by one old-time auditor at AOLA. He didn't mark crimes, either (in the worksheets, he would write ("PC gets off withhold" ha ha)

Was this the essence of Scn? If it wasn't, it should have been.

And as far as David Mayo getting a payoff?!?!

After ALL the money he spent on that long court case with COS?

And the other people who had long battles with COS who eventually gave up and took a settlement that Marty Rathbun, hypocrite that he is, likes to slam?

For you Anons to understand, you much first understand the incredible courage and perseverence to take COS or any member of it to court over the cognitive dissonance from such deeply ingrained indoctrination that to go to outside authorities for justice is a high crime and makes one evil.

Excruciatingly difficult - emotionally and otherwise - for all who have done so.

By slamming David Mayo and those before him who have sued COS as the "bad hats", is Marty telling us he has no intention of ever going to court with all he knows and that he still deeply believes in COS? :omg:

I wonder.

I have yet to see Marty demonstrate any form of cognitive dissonance. I've seen a bit from Mike Rinder, and plenty from Mike Laws - but Marty, no. And to me, the cognitive dissonance is the most reliable indication that someone is really OUT - they are beginning to see that there is a jarring difference between what they were doing and what is actually right, fair, just and compassionate.

It should be kicking in the head right about now. Why isn't it?

... By slamming David Mayo and those before him who have sued COS as the "bad hats", is Marty telling us he has no intention of ever going to court with all he knows and that he still deeply believes in COS? :omg:

I wonder. ...

THAT is an excellent question, Sheila. I wonder too.

Why don't you ask Marty on his blog? I'd like to see his response. It might prove to be an interesting extension to the existing discussion re Mayo.

Mark A. Baker :D

AnonKat

Crusader
Why is rinder anons and YOUR favorit. As an OSA guy he has done and supervised worse things than rathbun.

anon and rinder sitting in a tree....

YES AnonKat - that is the point.

I remember Unmetered auditing by one old-time auditor at AOLA. He didn't mark crimes, either (in the worksheets, he would write ("PC gets off withhold" ha ha)

Was this the essence of Scn? If it wasn't, it should have been.

And as far as David Mayo getting a payoff?!?!

After ALL the money he spent on that long court case with COS?

And the other people who had long battles with COS who eventually gave up and took a settlement that Marty Rathbun, hypocrite that he is, likes to slam?

For you Anons to understand, you much first understand the incredible courage and perseverence to take COS or any member of it to court over the cognitive dissonance from such deeply ingrained indoctrination that to go to outside authorities for justice is a high crime and makes one evil.

Excruciatingly difficult - emotionally and otherwise - for all who have done so.

By slamming David Mayo and those before him who have sued COS as the "bad hats", is Marty telling us he has no intention of ever going to court with all he knows and that he still deeply believes in COS? :omg:

I wonder.

I have yet to see Marty demonstrate any form of cognitive dissonance. I've seen a bit from Mike Rinder, and plenty from Mike Laws - but Marty, no. And to me, the cognitive dissonance is the most reliable indication that someone is really OUT - they are beginning to see that there is a jarring difference between what they were doing and what is actually right, fair, just and compassionate.

It should be kicking in the head right about now. Why isn't it?

G

Gottabrain

Why is rinder anons and YOUR favorit. As an OSA guy he has done and supervised worse things than rathbun.

anon and rinder sitting in a tree....

ha ha Not a favourite. Don't like either one, but Rinder was a known evil to me. Marty I only knew when he was a brand new staff member in the GO in 1978 and never personally afterward. Rinder is from my time period in Scn. Marty is not.

Believe it or not, sometimes Mike Rinder did some things through the GO that weren't all bad.

Certain individuals in the old GO GLA (Greater Los Angeles) sometimes ensured child support was paid without declaring the receiving person an SP or enforcing disconnection. Hard to believe, isn't it? But it happened more frequently than you might think.

Certain individuals there would occasionally reverse SP declares written by CMO or other entities. They would even go so far as to assist someone to take a badly needed vacation if their families were upset about it. If someone was sick, sometimes the GO would assist in getting the person offloaded from staff when the org itself would refuse.

I am only writing these things now to give a more complete historical picture of the old GO.

Generally, the enemies to the old GO back then were limited to those suing or publishing things against COS. Yes, it and the individuals in it were completely ruthless, unethical, illegal and rotten in what they did and how they treated those people and those people didn't deserve it.

I am not defending the old GO. Just stating facts. Mike Rinder had another side to him and had a bit of compassion to him even when in the GO.

Mike Rinder did not really choose his life - he was 2nd generation. I liked Mike Rinder's television interview in Aus and thought it was sincere. And Mike Rinder has been helpful in small ways to some fully out ex's, according to what has been written on the Boards. I don't trust him, but I have hopes for him.

I knew Mark Rathbun a little. I know that unlike Rinder, he joined up DIRECTLY TO THE GO when he joined staff. I know back then he was an angry young man who liked leverage over others. He was a person who would quickly scan a room for anything off policy and size up others. One you didn't dare break a rule around.

But back then, Mark was quiet and well mannered, too. Too bad Jeff Porter was the first to train him. Jeff Porter was a full-on asshole in every way, still is.

Mark Rathbun's incessant attacks on those before him who have sued COS is just him continuing doing the same things he always did for OSA, isn't it? Going after David Mayo was just going too far for me. Because back then, I don't think any of us, SO or public, actually BELIEVED David Mayo was a Suppressive Person. It was all political.

Mike Rinder was out a very long time and didn't do any of that OSA stuff while he was out. Not till Marty got hold of him to be part of his mini-cult. So I actually see Marty as a bad influence on Mike Rinder.

So that's my views based on my personal experience or observations. Others know Marty better than me. But I have a very low opinion of most who would choose, out of all the Scn orgs and positions available, to be a member of the GO or OSA so they could abuse others. Most joined to help. A few didn't though.

freet43

Patron with Honors
Interesting, gotta. I didn't know either of these guys - both were after my time.

All I have to go on is their current behavior, and the reports of those that were abused by Rathbun. Reports that are so numerous...

Rathbun's current behavior does not impress me.

Marina

freet43

Patron with Honors
From a friend who knows the Mayos very well - they are all doing great. David, and his current wife (and also his former wife).

I just heard from my husband that Marty is on the attack of David Mayo....I wonder if it is because David Mayo's gag order may be up soon....

Hopefully we will be hearing from David Mayo .... I wonder what he could share with us about Marty????

Marina

G

Gottabrain

Interesting, gotta. I didn't know either of these guys - both were after my time.

All I have to go on is their current behavior, and the reports of those that were abused by Rathbun. Reports that are so numerous...

Rathbun's current behavior does not impress me.

Marina

I'm not impressed with either of lately, either. I'm with you there.

Both gave heaps of false testimony against others when in COS. Time to tell the truth to all they have hurt and quit all this crap and finger pointing. They were the bad guys - the fingers all point at them.

paradox

ab intra silentio vera
From a friend who knows the Mayos very well - they are all doing great. David, and his current wife (and also his former wife).

I just heard from my husband that Marty is on the attack of David Mayo....I wonder if it is because David Mayo's gag order may be up soon....

Hopefully we will be hearing from David Mayo .... I wonder what he could share with us about Marty????

Marina

Interesting speculation. Anyone familiar with the expiry date of the gag order?

EDIT: Just found this from June 2010 http://forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=439131&postcount=21 where Marina says the gag order expiration date is part of the gag order itself so is not known.

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm not impressed with either of lately, either. I'm with you there.

Both gave heaps of false testimony against others when in COS. Time to tell the truth to all they have hurt and quit all this crap and finger pointing. They were the bad guys - the fingers all point at them.

I was reading Martys blog fairly regular , but the attack on Mayo was not impressive.

Be very interesting if Mayo talks after his gag order is up, maybe jesse can pull him out and dust off his coat, Mayo has many supporters out here.

AnonKat

Crusader
Edit: Got my dates wrong

Marty was out longer. Rinder left during the Anon protests

The comments on Marty's Blog by Rinder regarding Mayo make me believe he is feeding Marty's views on Mayo out of spite.

Rinder is very pleased Marty continues to perpetuate his views on Mayo

Mike keeps feeding Marty's believes about mayo in being correct in his views

Mike Rinder was out a very long time and didn't do any of that OSA stuff while he was out. Not till Marty got hold of him to be part of his mini-cult. So I actually see Marty as a bad influence on Mike Rinder.

Last edited: