What's new

David Mayo's Contribution to SOLO NOT'S is ?

G

Gottabrain

Your powers of observation are a bit twisted. Are you a scientologist?

:duh:

AnonKat has been communicating and observing badly. Behaving strangely. Doesn't seem to remember who is who on here or clearly remember who wrote what on what subject. ESL? :confused2:

When the contradictions are pointed out, Anonkat calls it irony.

No clue where this one is coming from anymore.

lkwdblds

Crusader
Misc. Ramblings of a personal experience

I got a call from my FSM, Richard Royce, in 1979 telling me to get my ass to Flag because Ron "has done it! We now have NOTs which handles everything! It is what everyone was looking for when they signed up for Scientology."

I got down there as an old OT VII and started getting my NOTs. The word was that the sessions were very short and you would blow out with a floating TA but that you could get 3 or 4 sessions a day.

It was asserted that just one 10 or 15 minute session handled as much case as a complete action such as a life repair or one of the grades. We were given vitually no theory but merely started receiving NOTs auditing.

For many years, I believed the pundits were correct. NOTs seemed wonderful. It seemed as if huge sections of case were erased in a matter of minutes. A movement was started in the late 80's or early 90's claiming that Mayo had left out parts of the theory so a big push was made to get everybody back in to receive what were called the New Steps" On these New Steps, we were put on a meter and we read the theory while the auditor watched the meter for reads.

For me and most others, this seemed to be very successful. Reading the theory seemed to cause a floating Tone Arm and big wins to occur. With the theory under one's belt, NOTs auditing seemed to run deeper. All the way through 1993, my last auditing with C of S, I thought that audited NOTs was a great level.

ONE POINT of SKEPTICISM As the years rolled by, I did not understand why NOTs had replaced the older OT levels, OT III Expand through OT VII. I did not see how OT VI, a course room activity could be an OT Level. Furthermore, what was run on NOTs did not look like anything which could possibly cause a person to increase their "OT abilities". I finally decided that the changes to the "Bridge" were done mainly for money purposes, not to make beings more OT. It was obvious that cutting the previous OT Levels and replacing them with audited NOTs and Solo Nots went against the policies of KSW.

THE FIRST SEEDS OF DOUBT AS TO THE VALIDITY OF "THE BRIDGE" WERE PLANTED IN ME AT THIS POINT IN 1993.

As to who was the primary author of NOTs, David Mayo or LRH, I have no inside information. I knew with certainty that Mayo was a "good hat" and never bought into the notion that he was a suppressive person or a squirrel. That certainty also contributed to my waking up to the misrepresentations being made by C of S.

These many years later, I have transformed completely as regards NOTs. I now feel that whatever gains that are available through Scientology tech, come from the lower level materials such as doing TRs, getting a life repair, doing objectives or doing one's Grades. To me, the upper level stuff was manly put there to endlessly generate income for C of S. I now believe that any gains made on NOTs are small, compared to what is available on the lower bridge and that running NOTs endlessly for year after year with no end in sight is harmful to the cases of spiritual beings.
Lakey

Vittorio

Patron Meritorious
But Teril, if anything, it is back to What is Integrity. For the life of me I cannot see how anyone can get auditing and keep doing the same shit of lying for the greater good. I remember talking to the people at AAC that worked with LRH and you got the good and the bad and could make your own decision. That is all one can ever ask.

I agree. And without integrity, how can one experience spiritual freedom?

Not clear where you're coming from here.

You ever here of or experience good results from auditing?

So the 'wins' gained make it OK for Marty to say stuff, contrary to the facts? The wins gained in a such a set-up are minimal compared to what they could be.

Vittorio

Patron Meritorious
Mayo did good. Sarge Gerbode and family were worth hundreds of millions.

After 10 years of litigation Sarge got fed up and and withdrew financial support of lawsuits so he could get on with life.

Wrote " Metapsychology" which is now part of mainstream therapy taught in some colleges. May be the last survivor of Hubbard tech. Last year he
headed a conference at Cambridge college UK.

Personally I consider its Marty and the Anons that protect independants.

The last recorded actions against the FZ, directed at Max and Erica Hauri
and Rons org were just before anons did there thing.

Marty told me that he was perhaps a lightening conductor for OSA and
that the FZ generally would have less problems because of that. Was in the nature of a cognition as opposed to bullshit. I think he's right.

Whatever else he's getting people out of COS that the rest of the FZ hasn't. I'm expert on that.

I hope a year later, you are eating your words.

Just how is Marty protecting the FZ?

Did you ever ask MAx and Erica if they had been attacked by the anons?

He's getting people out of the CofS and into his little Church, whilst maintaining that 'such and such' is suppressive.

Vittorio

Patron Meritorious
And that is a sick sick joke, as given the facts of Marty Rathbun's own history, he truly is NOT entitled to have an opinion upon anyone else, much less a man of the character of David Mayo. Rathbun is a self-confessed criminal and one of the principle persons behind the persecution of the practice of free scientology. :yes:

Beware of MR's "charm", BB. I don't know if you ever met David. He's an honest man with a genuine desire to help others and no love of the limelight. Rathbun is clearly a "main chancer" just like his own hero LRH. He is certainly not to be trusted on his own sense of "integrity". :no:

Mark A. Baker

Here I owe you a sorry Mark, because I did say to Claire, that I would apologize if you had criticized LRH somewhere.

I also agree with you to some degree here and believe that this is the real Mark Baker speaking and not merely a Scientologist.

I don't want to hold people's past against them too much; I would hope others would let me move on, so I am not going to dig too deep into Marty.

Terril, have you had auditing from Marty?

Smilla

Ordinary Human

He's getting people out of the CofS and into his little Church, whilst maintaining that 'such and such' is suppressive.[/QUOT

Terril is a Scientology fanatic, and as such sees a silver lining to almost every Scientology cloud.

Cof$ Cult + Freezone Cult + Indie Cult = The Greater Cult of Hubbard

Vittorio

Patron Meritorious

He's getting people out of the CofS and into his little Church, whilst maintaining that 'such and such' is suppressive.[/QUOT

Terril is a Scientology fanatic, and as such sees a silver lining to almost every Scientology cloud.

Cof$ Cult + Freezone Cult + Indie Cult = The Greater Cult of Hubbard

My theory is, is that at somepoint the FZ will want to unify the Church with the Independent movement, or shall I say Marty's movement and maybe Pierre's if he plays ball and create a 'new game'.

Fanatic is not the word....

...I would be quite interested to know who is Terril's Auditor/C/S? Does he go to Marty, Ralph, Tommy, Pierre??

Smilla

Ordinary Human
My theory is, is that at somepoint the FZ will want to unify the Church with the Independent movement, or shall I say Marty's movement and maybe Pierre's if he plays ball and create a 'new game'.

Fanatic is not the word....

...I would be quite interested to know who is Terril's Auditor/C/S? Does he go to Marty, Ralph, Tommy, Pierre??

You'd have to ask him, but as far as I know, he doesn't solo audit or get audited.

Ask him if you really want to know.

Here I owe you a sorry Mark, because I did say to Claire, that I would apologize if you had criticized LRH somewhere. ...

Apology excepted.

Not all who use or advocate the use of scientology tools drink koolaid. There are reasons some individuals have had very good experiences with the tech. That doesn't equate to living one's life in accordance with the words of l. ron hubbard. Best to remember that.

Mark A. Baker

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
Apology excepted.

Not all who use or advocate the use of scientology tools drink koolaid. There are reasons some individuals have had very good experiences with the tech. That doesn't equate to living one's life in accordance with the words of l. ron hubbard. Best to remember that.

Mark A. Baker

:omg:More utter baloney :duh::duh::duh: about how wonderful scn is.....:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
And I do remember back when I did the original OT VI course the checksheet was hand written by David Mayo. It wasn't even typed up - LOL !

David Mayo being declared really started me out the door.

Terril park

Sponsor

He's getting people out of the CofS and into his little Church, whilst maintaining that 'such and such' is suppressive.

Marty is the lightening rod that CO$ goes after. He told me personally he would do that. Thus we see the results.

Why on earth should I ask ROs if they've been attacked by anons?

You say I don't know who you are.

Would you like me to prove that I do?

Veda

Sponsor
Marty is the lightening rod that CO$ goes after. He told me personally he would do that. Thus we see the results.

You say I don't know who you are.

Threatening to out yet another person?

Smilla

Ordinary Human
As regards NOTS, I see no reason to doubt Mayo's version of events. What did he ever do to call his character into question? Nothing that I'm aware of. From what I've come to know Hubbard was hardly able to tie his own shoelaces by then.

Vittorio

Patron Meritorious

Have you any proof that other Freezone Auditors are getting attacked less? Stats?

Because they have!

This thread is about David Mayo's contribution to NOT's. David Mayo ran a thriving independent movement unrivalled in the history of the movement, probably only gotten close to by the RO. David Mayo was a man which many people here, whatever their Scientology persuasion trust deeply. In fact, he is a man that many here on this very board have stated, helped get them out of Scientology or they know factually that others left because of his declare. This was because he was a good man. Auditor's Toad states himself, that Mayo's declare helped him/her leave. The fact that AAC were set up all over the world, is an indicator of how popular he was. He lost half of his teeth for Scientology and fought them for years at a time when there was no anons, no internet and before the Church were savaged by Time Magazine. That many thousands left and many set up centre's across the globe is testament to the fact that Mayo and many others who were kicked out were well liked. I do not see the same happening for Rathbun and Rinder.

Marty may have a loyal following of Miscavige Era-Scientologists, and it seems Terril, yourself, but not those who remember with great joy the AAC that David Mayo was part of and sense of community and friendship that they were able to build after all the declares.

And now he comes here, unable to defend himself against Rinder's attacks because of a gagging order. Just think of the situation Mayo must have been under to take a gagging order.

If it wasn't for Mayo, Marty and co. wouldn't be able to speak so freely now.

Last edited:

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Terril,

Just don't even bother talking to Vittorio. He clearly has it in for you and so do a few others who eagerly are waiting to see you fall.

I recommend beefing up your ignore list.

Vittorio

Patron Meritorious
Terril,

Just don't even bother talking to Vittorio. He clearly has it in for you and so do a few others who eagerly are waiting to see you fall.

I recommend beefing up your ignore list.

Claire, Terril was THREATENING TO OUT ME. On the false premise that I have practically outed myself. Which is NOT TRUE.

If you read my last post, please read why I am supporting Mayo and not supporting Terril's allegiance to Marty Rathbun. Mayo cannot speak out now, he has a gagging order on him. Marty can speak out. One of most respected people in Scientology and the splinter movement whose popularity was duplicated by the growth of the AAC across the world and who inspired many to leave is in silence, whilst Rathbun and Rinder are able to talk freely and put down Mayo's contribution to NOT's, which he cannot dispute. Rathbun and Rinder were part of the Scientology takeover with Miscavige, well documented by the likes of Jesse Prince, who helped offload a lot of people and break up families.

Rather than attack me, attack the data.

If Terril is asking for proof (which he has further back on this thread) that Rathbun is guilty of any wrong doing, then I'm afriad he is either pretending to be very naive or is negating the last 30 years of Scientology legal history. Can you see now why so many find his comments distasteful?