What's new

David Miscavige at the 2007 IAS Event

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
Anyone want to know what the 2007 IAS event looked like? Well, have a look at this, taken on the 26th of October 2007:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czXtChFSnXU

If you double-click on the link, it should take you to my YouTube page (you may have to stop the one on this site to avoid having 2 versions going at once). If you have a high enough speed Internet connection, you can watch it in ‘high quality’, which gives a slightly improved ‘viewing experience’.

Unfortunately, due to the size and format of my camera, I could only make short clips (I could hardly lug a full-sized video camera into the event – it would have been a bit obvious).

For those of you not familiar with the annual IAS event, I will give some background.

The International Association of Scientologists (IAS) is an ‘umbrella’ organisation that was formed in October 1984 at St Hill Manor, near East Grinstead in West Sussex, England. It’s stated purpose is to unite Scientologists and to protect the Scientology ‘religion’. Nowadays, it appears to primarily exist as a fund raising and distributing organisation. All Scientologists are expected to join by making financial contributions. Members are recognised by different levels or ‘statuses’ according to how much they donate to the IAS. The donation levels required to achieve each status start at a couple of thousand dollars (US) and go up to about 10 million! I say ‘about’ as the IAS rather coyly no longer publishes how much each status costs. Perhaps the huge sums they have been extracting from celebrities and other wealthy people have become embarrassing?

So, each October, an event is held next to the castle at St Hill. There is a field at the back of the castle, where a very large marquee is erected. Apparently, this marquee is the biggest available and covers an area roughly the size of a football pitch. I would estimate that around 8,000 Scientologists attend this event each year.

As you can see, I was very near the front of the seating, which gave me a very good view of proceedings. I had read that most, if not all the international management strata, apart from DM, had been declared. So, I was eagerly looking out for all these ‘SPs’, to see if they were under guard.

However, I did not see one of the senior execs that were familiar to me. So, no Guillaume Lesevre, Heber Jentzsch, Ray Mithoff, Marc Yager, Peter Schless, Norman Starkey, Mark Ingber, Janet McLaughlin, Kurt Weiland etc. This was unheard of, as these people would normally be sat in the front row and very visible.

My conclusion is, that after Mike Rinder blew while in the UK, DM did not dare to allow any of the guys from the SP Hall out of the country. He couldn’t afford to risk any more leaving.

Also, several days after the event, I asked some of the staff at St Hill, if they had seen any of these people. In previous years, it was very common to see people such as Lesevre, Yager, Mithoff around the org buildings doing inspections and even running seminars. No one that I spoke to, had seen any of them. But the funny thing was, none of them had even wondered why these people were missing! :duh:

And, even more remarkably, during the event, you would normally have DM hand over to various other guys such as Jentzsch, Lesevre, Rinder etc to introduce happenings in their areas of responsibility. But, DM single-handedly presented the entire event, all 2 hours or so of it. There were no other presenters allowed onto the stage!

So, even more evidence that he does not trust anyone else.

As far as the event itself, I remember feeling distinctly underwhelmed. DM gave it a big build-up, but I cannot remember anything of any real note. And this was billed as “The night the world changed forever!”. Talk about BS! :bullshit:

Axiom142

Last edited:

Tanstaafl

Crusader
-snip-
As far as the even itself, I remember feeling distinctly underwhelmed. DM gave it a big build-up, but I cannot remember anything of any real note. And this was billed as “The night the world changed forever!”. Talk about BS! :bullshit:

Axiom142

Blaming DM (I'd rather refer to him as PD - Poison Dwarf) for not clearing your MUs - how low can you sink Axman? :p

They'd save themselves some dev-t on promo and such if they billed every event as "The night the world changed forever again" or "The night the world changed forever for the 42nd time". :eyeroll:

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
Blaming DM (I'd rather refer to him as PD - Poison Dwarf) for not clearing your MUs - how low can you sink Axman? :p

They'd save themselves some dev-t on promo and such if they billed every event as "The night the world changed forever again" or "The night the world changed forever for the 42nd time". :eyeroll:

OK, so I've changed it now you pettifogger.

If you actually paid attention to the important things, you would notice that since I was seated right near the front with all the other ‘really important people’, I used to be a bigshot in the Scientology world. So, I demand respect. Especially from people like you! :hissyfit:

Axiom142

Tanstaafl

Crusader
OK, so I've changed it now you pettifogger.

If you actually paid attention to the important things, you would notice that since I was seated right near the front with all the other ‘really important people’, I used to be a bigshot in the Scientology world. So, I demand respect. Especially from people like you! :hissyfit:

Axiom142

Typical big-shot Scn - used to buying his way out of ethics sits! :D

Pixie

Crusader
Axiom

And a yippeee yippeee whooo hoooo pooof poof poooof to that!! Phew! I mean really, he's sounding more like TC every day!! I wonder does he actually really and truly believe in $cientology or is he now at this stage purely in it for the money? It didn't take him long to start war mongering, I remember that from past events, there was always that underlying element of 'the enemy' and 'the fear' etc. My god, the more I see the more nuts I realize it really is, how I ever sat through these things year in years out is anyone's guess.

I did find it shocking though that he did the whole thing himself, this is very unusual, for sure, they must have been still locked up in a broom cupboard somewhere. :no: The audience were clap clap clapping away like he's some kind of god, no wonder he's got such a huge ego!!

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
And a yippeee yippeee whooo hoooo pooof poof poooof to that!! Phew! I mean really, he's sounding more like TC every day!! I wonder does he actually really and truly believe in $cientology or is he now at this stage purely in it for the money? It didn't take him long to start war mongering, I remember that from past events, there was always that underlying element of 'the enemy' and 'the fear' etc. My god, the more I see the more nuts I realize it really is, how I ever sat through these things year in years out is anyone's guess.

I did find it shocking though that he did the whole thing himself, this is very unusual, for sure, they must have been still locked up in a broom cupboard somewhere. :no: The audience were clap clap clapping away like he's some kind of god, no wonder he's got such a huge ego!!

Pixie,

I have no doubt that DM does believe in Scientology. He has the persona of a zealot. From what I have heard from those still ‘in’, he believes that he is the only one who can get any products now. For example, at the event last year where the Basics were released, I was told that “only He” could get the cycle completed. At the time I thought that was bizarre, how come all these supposedly OT beings who are so able, couldn’t do something as simple as check a few books to make sure that what was in them was correct. I mean, how difficult can it be?

One of the London staff members kept referring to ‘He’ as though ‘He’ was some sort of deity. She seemed surprised when I asked who ‘He’ was, as though it were obvious. :duh:

My feeling is that DM is getting more and more frustrated at the problems with the CoS. He is applying what he thinks is the most powerful technology ever devised, and yet the stats are going down. Enemies are appearing everywhere and he is constantly being let down by all those idiots under him. I have no doubt that he truly believes that he is the only person that can save Scientology. He is probably totally unable to face the possibility that he might be the source of the problems.

But, I think that all this pressure is really taking a toll. I could clearly see his face on the relay screens, and he looked terrible! He looked as though he had aged 10 years since the last IAS event. His face was creased and his eyes looked bloodshot – as though he hadn’t slept in several days. Several others remarked on this, so I know it wasn’t just my imagination. I have another video clip which shows this a bit better, I will try and upload tonight.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he has a psychotic episode in the next year or so. :screwy:

Axiom142

Pixie

Crusader
Yes, that's interesting and thanks for that. It is possible that he will just totally crack under the pressure and have some sort of psychotic breakdown, then he'll get away with the atrocities and plead insanity. :no: and I hope to god this doesn't happen, he should pay for all the misery he's knowingly caused. Well if this is indeed the case, he can't continue in this state much longer, his body for a start is not infallible and he could end up getting sick.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
Photos From the Event.

Some still images, including another happy victim getting fleeced for yet another donation.

Attachments

• 1976 - 1000 copy.jpg
    1976 - 1000 copy.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 1977 - 1000.jpg
    1977 - 1000.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 2013 - 1000.jpg
    2013 - 1000.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 43

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
To me he looks shocking - fanatical, stressed and going on about "wars". Oh dear, oh dear...I wonder how long before he implodes? Soon I hope. :coolwink:

sandygirl

Silver Meritorious Patron
Oh God!! I can barely stand to watch those things. The standing and clapping, sitting back down, the standing and clapping, sitting back.... how friggin' embarrassing!!!

Another pit of proof that $cio is it's own greatest enemy. These people look like a bunch of brainwashed sheep-clap for crap!!!!

The saddest part...
Also, several days after the event, I asked some of the staff at St Hill, if they had seen any of these people. In previous years, it was very common to see people such as Lesevre, Yager, Mithoff around the org buildings doing inspections and even running seminars. No one that I spoke to, had seen any of them. But the funny thing was, none of them had even wondered why these people were missing!

Quote:

I would have been one of the oblivious.....

Good twin

Floater
Oh God!! I can barely stand to watch those things. The standing and clapping, sitting back down, the standing and clapping, sitting back.... how friggin' embarrassing!!!

Another pit of proof that $cio is it's own greatest enemy. These people look like a bunch of brainwashed sheep-clap for crap!!!!

The saddest part...

I would have been one of the oblivious.....

..............but you're not anymore!:thumbsup:

Wisened One

Crusader
You know what?

I looked at the eyes

And he DOES look VERY sleep-deprived, unhealthy, stressed.

He ALSO looks like one of 'dem shape-shifting Reptilians David Icke talks about and shows in the Youtube vids.....:unsure: :nervous:

Here's another video, this time a closer view of DM. Again, double click to go to my YouTube page and the opportunity to view in 'high quality':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddYSoiN6A4Y

Check out the eyes.

Axiom142

Daisy

Patron with Honors
You know what?

I looked at the eyes

And he DOES look VERY sleep-deprived, unhealthy, stressed.

He ALSO looks like one of 'dem shape-shifting Reptilians David Icke talks about and shows in the Youtube vids.....:unsure: :nervous:

I think he looks high.

knn

Patron Meritorious

Why? You mean you don't stand up and clap when you are watching this at home?