What's new

David Miscavige hired fake friends for his suppressive dad

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
Gawker with a great headline posting a new story from the New York Daily News. Story isn't exactly new, it's a tidbit buried in the detailed police report but all the same - love to see new stories churning out on this debacle.

Report: David Miscavige Also Hired Fake Friends for His Suppressive Dad

According to the private investigator allegedly hired to spy on David Miscavige's elderly father, the petite Scientologist even went so far as to hire fake friends for the suppressive old man....
read the rest at the link:
http://gawker.com/report-david-miscavige-also-hired-fake-friends-for-his-1697396292

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Gawker with a great headline posting a new story from the New York Daily News. Story isn't exactly new, it's a tidbit buried in the detailed police report but all the same - love to see new stories churning out on this debacle.

According to the private investigator allegedly hired to spy on David Miscavige's elderly father, the petite Scientologist even went so far as to hire fake friends for the suppressive old man....
http://gawker.com/report-david-miscavige-also-hired-fake-friends-for-his-1697396292

You just know how frustrating this all must be for COB.

These P.I.s who just fold like cheap cameras and whose silence Miscavige thought he had bought who don't stay bought.

It's so hard for an ecclesiastical leader nowadays to find good help,

ever since Tony Pellicano took an extended vacation.

Last edited:

Teanntás

I was a bit thrown off by the expression 'petite Scientologist' and wondered who she was.

petite

A woman UNDER 5'4 (or 162cm), who is small-framed and, usually skinny.

All thin girls are not petite but, all petite girls aren't necessarily thin either.

(Sometimes men can be referred to as petite when they are the male equivalent of the definition above.)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=petite

BunnySkull

I was a bit thrown off by the expression 'petite Scientologist' and wondered who she was.

petite

A woman UNDER 5'4 (or 162cm), who is small-framed and, usually skinny.

All thin girls are not petite but, all petite girls aren't necessarily thin either.

(Sometimes men can be referred to as petite when they are the male equivalent of the definition above.)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=petite

I could be so off on this but I always interpreted petite / petit as french for small (I believe an e was added to anglicize the pronunciation) so never exclusively associated it with women, except when it came to a dress size. Petit fours?

BunnySkull

I just LOVE the fact that the headline is even using the word "Suppressive" now and to describe his father. Thanks son! I mean we are used to it because we have been using and discussing scientology for so long, but the term is now being used in mainstream media publication because the cult's crazy label has become so well known. Imagine the kook-aid drinkers catching a glimpse of their dear leader's father being labeled suppressive in the media. :thumbsup:

Teanntás

I could be so off on this but I always interpreted petite / petit as french for small (I believe an e was added to anglicize the pronunciation) so never exclusively associated it with women, except when it came to a dress size. Petit fours?

Petit is masculine un petit garçon - a little boy. un petit four -a little oven
Petite is feminine une petite fille - a little girl

English adopted the feminine form.

My grandmother was petite (4'11'') - my grandfather was 6'3'' - she was the boss :biggrin:

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
Sooooo... DM was worried that his Dad would say stuff abt Scn e even though he seems to have been keeping mum. So he harasses Dad, Dad quite rightly reports it, and the very thing DM didn't want happened. Cuz he made it happen.

BunnySkull

Petit is masculine un petit garçon - a little boy. un petit four -a little oven
Petite is feminine une petite fille - a little girl

English adopted the feminine form.

My grandmother was petite (4'11'') - my grandfather was 6'3'' - she was the boss :biggrin:

Obviously the Gawker writer has a good a grasp of the proper use of petite as moi!

Boson Wog Stark

Patron Meritorious
You just know how frustrating this all must be for COB.

These P.I.s who just fold like cheap cameras and whose silence Miscavige thought he had bought who don't stay bought.

It's so hard for an ecclesiastical leader nowadays to find good help,

ever since Tony Pellicano took an extended vacation.

The reason the two PIs spilled so much damaging detail is a happy convergence of three things:

#1 They read up on their employer, thoroughly, it sounds like. The Internet and recently published books make it easier to do that.

#2 They like hauling around guns and other paraphernalia, and so when brought up on charges for a few things that were not legal, they felt that redirecting the attention to their eccentric employer would take the heat off them -- especially the suspected heart attack incident.

#3 The nosy neighbor who felt uncomfortable with the PIs creeping around in the neighborhood which led to the police investigation.

Apparently, Miscavige, heading off the deep end more than ever, felt that just throwing a hefty sum of money on PIs, as well as having other PIs monitor the PIs, would ensure that things would always go smoothly and be done professionally, with discretion. The one PI had been working for him for 9 years and nothing had gone wrong before. Nothing went wrong with the two who were following the Broekers, until he shafted them out of their salaries.

Another thing which has changed, although it didn't play much of a part in this case, is that people, with their cell phones and cameras, and all the new devices that are available, are more in tune to hidden cameras. Before, if you saw a person snooping around a house, if they weren't snooping when the police arrived, you were out of luck, but now you can take video of the person snooping, or take photos of the hidden cameras that are mounted to spy on you.

In this situation with DM's father, the PIs maybe didn't "stay bought" because after nine years, the guy had made enough money that he could probably retire. He was one of those rare people where enough was enough. If he had saved 3 million, he didn't want 5 million. It's kind of the opposite of Sea Org members, where many are left impoverished and powerless.

I don't know anything about the hiring of PIs, but I'm surprised the cult didn't furnish them with basic guidelines: "Don't say anything about us if you're caught. If you're a hunter or into sports shooting, don't bring any weapons on the job, not even in your car."

I bet DM practically combusted spontaneously when he heard about what happened. Well, he pulled it in.

Northern Shewolf

Patron Meritorious
Petit is an adjective and since French has genres (feminine & masculine) for each word, 'petits fours' is correct, madeleine (small tea cake) is feminine so : 'des petites madeleines'. No anglicization, just a borrowing.:eyeroll:

olska

I love the idea of the PIs following the PIs following the PIs, like those nested Russian dolls -- material here for a wonderful shoop, or spook skit (meant to type "spoof skit" but I'll leave it ... :coolwink: ... and try and say that fast, ten times!

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Sooooo... DM was worried that his Dad would say stuff abt Scn e even though he seems to have been keeping mum. So he harasses Dad, Dad quite rightly reports it, and the very thing DM didn't want happened. Cuz he made it happen.

:footbullet: :footbullet: galore :laugh: The petite minion cannot help himself. :hysterical: :happydance:

(petite minion = spawn of thetan, in minature) :biggrin:

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
I love the idea of the PIs following the PIs following the PIs, like those nested Russian dolls -- material here for a wonderful shoop, or spook skit (meant to type "spoof skit" but I'll leave it ... :coolwink: ... and try and say that fast, ten times!

It's like a Pink Panther movie. With DM as Dreyfus.

Boson Wog Stark

Patron Meritorious

Customer service tip for PI agencies who deal with Scientology -- always ask, "Will you be needing any more PIs for those PIs?"

When it comes to dress size...it refers to a short woman...with a shorter than average length of sleeve, length from shoulder to waist, shorter leg length, etc. So overall, clothes are cut and made shorter in length...Size however, is in a range of normal sizes for women...you could be a size Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large or Plus-Size, but also be a "petite", depending on your height and girth. Hope this helps to clarify.

People often casually use petite to mean small sized, as in a slender person. That's a very common mistake.

Petit fours is a whole 'nother subject! :drool: :thumbsup: